Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:43:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646772 times)
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 07:28:17 PM

I feel many problems are due to the morphing of capitalism into something approaching it being predatory. While the socilaism model has reached its end point in terms of aging populations, unfunded liabilities, tax revenue and attitude towards government, part of Europe's problems stem from behaviour of banks, the failure to hold them accountable and a flawed economic theory; then when everything goes to shit attack the poor.

Take the Euro area problems. French banks especially leveraged up massively on euro govt bonds. They had gone from getting a 15% coupon for French govt bonds pre-Euro down to basically a flat few percent on the introduction of the Euro.  To offset this reduced rate they just levered up enormously so that their exposure was 4-5x that of total French GDP. All was well until the market went back to pricing these bonds as individual countries & not as a bloc (hello crisis). With crisis comes the risk of contagion: if my Greek bonds are blowing out I need to sell something to cover so I'll sell Ireland bonds before you do and you'll try to sell Ireland before me and if not Ireland, then Portugal etc etc.

So the ECB, instead of injecting liquidity like US/Uk central banks did just tried to target inflation as it didnt think its mandate was to act as a CB. All the economic neoliberal models predicted how people would react if one of the GDP inputs was changed so they said 'its the govt spending' that is the problem and launched into austerity. But fuck me, lo and behold, it turns out that stripping a pensioner of their income doesnt stimulate the economy, it makes it contract even further so we saw EU wide GDP crater when it was supposed to rise. Until Draghi finally stepped in and flooded the EU area with liquidity and hyperbole.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 01:41:14 AM

The main stumbling block with adopting the SDR global system seems to be political

The coming dollar short vortex will obliterate that resistance.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 03:30:26 AM

The main stumbling block with adopting the SDR global system seems to be political

I am plowing my way through Jim Rickards's brand-new book The Road to Ruin.  He thinks the SDR will be the next world currency (but that the US$, the Euro, The J. Yen, etc.) will circulate within their home countries.  ALL foreign trade (at least larger deals) will be settled with SDRs.  Also, he expects that before too long, major multinationals (think Exxon, Volkswagen, and IBM) will issue bonds in SDRs.

Right now the IMF is not "printing" any SDRs.  There is no paper version.

Rickards pointed out one interesting point (certainly for you, iamnotback): that since the IMF does not import & export, issuing more SDRs (apparently they have only issued "new" ones only four times) would resolve Triffin's Dilemma, a notion that the major world player must run trade deficits so that there is a reserve currency.  Problem is that continued trade deficits could bankrupt the country (so the Dilemma).

I first ran into Triffin's Dilemma at FOFOA's blog some years ago.
tabnloz
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 04:05:34 AM

I am plowing my way through Jim Rickards's brand-new book The Road to Ruin.  He thinks the SDR will be the next world currency (but that the US$, the Euro, The J. Yen, etc.) will circulate within their home countries.  ALL foreign trade (at least larger deals) will be settled with SDRs.  Also, he expects that before too long, major multinationals (think Exxon, Volkswagen, and IBM) will issue bonds in SDRs.

Rickards pointed out one interesting point (certainly for you, iamnotback): that since the IMF does not import & export, issuing more SDRs (apparently they have only issued "new" ones only four times) would resolve Triffin's Dilemma, a notion that the major world player must run trade deficits so that there is a reserve currency.  Problem is that continued trade deficits could bankrupt the country (so the Dilemma).

iamnotback: can you go into that further?

I'm assuming that the Chinese politburo keeps a relatively tight grip on its economy and after slowly introducing capitalism etc, wouldn't want to give up control.

Now with a protectionist Trump, would the US want to cede control of their economic weapons, and is this politically viable? Would there be a backlash to not MAGA?

Of course this is all predicated on everything chugging along nicely, ie. no crisis.

OROBTC: I think this has been Rickards contention for a while. Am interested to read how it fleshes out. It suggests that their is osme kind of agreement behind the scenes between nations - the premise was all nations aim to get to a % of gold to gdp & then everything can be reset, but only IF a crisis doesn't hit first & IMF is forced to step in with the only clean balance sheet.

Perhaps they just accept that the tens of trillions in debt is simply not payable and we can never grow out of it, therefore it is inflation or a bust (and inflation hasn't eventuated from QE like they expected?)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 04:13:30 AM

OROBTC: I think this has been Rickards contention for a while. Am interested to read how it fleshes out. It suggests that their is osme kind of agreement behind the scenes between nations - the premise was all nations aim to get to a % of gold to gdp & then everything can be reset, but only IF a crisis doesn't hit first & IMF is forced to step in with the only clean balance sheet.

Yes, Rickards even wrote in his last book (The New Case for Gold) that China and Russia are acquiring gold with the blessing of the USA and Europe with the idea that all the major players would sit down in the future when the time arrives for a new global financial system.  His idea is that each major player would have about as much gold as their GDP would be relative to the world.  This means, according to Rickards, that the world's elites ARE in all of this together (this notion is explained in greater depth in his new The Road to Ruin).

So China would need a LOT more.  Russia, a much smaller economy, would still need more, but their gold holdings relative to GDP are in better shape than China's.  

Note that Russia has very little debt, how that factors into that future equation Rickards does not discuss.  Nor could I offer up and idea how meaningful a low debt by Russia would be, but it would mean something.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 06:52:27 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2016, 02:59:14 PM by iamnotback

Of course this is all predicated on everything chugging along nicely, ie. no crisis.

That is the key point.

The world is short the dollar, so the vortex will suck all the dollars home while the demand for dollars skyrockets causing the strong to become so strong that it chokes off the global economy, while the Fed is forced to raise interest rates due to raging inflation in the USA due to influx of hot dollars from international capital flow stampede. Thus the rest of the world will be desperate for an alternative to the US dollar and a global liquidity provider of last resort, since the Fed will have stopped filling that role as it had been.

The USA is likely to want to capitulate also because USA economy will be toasted by the collapse of the global economy, but if not, Russia and China and others stand ready to ganging up on the USA.

Or the USA resists but the rest of the world marches ahead with the new SDR monetary reset and the USA falls further off the cliff into decadence.

The plan is like the Euro, all countries will borrow in SDRs, but they will use their local currency for wages, etc.. But this will make all countries bankruptable when their business cycles go down but they can't print their own money. All countries will be slaves as per the Greece EURO debt example, which Armstrong has explained many times.

This will take us towards the end game in Revelations where all wealth will be stored on a hill in Israel where the elite banksters have concentrated it with the above enslavement plan for the nations.

Edit: https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/middle_east/sales-of-us-treasury-bonds-continue-to-try-to-stem-dollar-rise/
tabnloz
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 07:37:50 PM

That is the key point.

The world is short the dollar, so the vortex will suck all the dollars home while the demand for dollars skyrockets causing the strong to become so strong that it chokes off the global economy, while the Fed is forced to raise interest rates due to raging inflation in the USA due to influx of hot dollars from international capital flow stampede. Thus the rest of the world will be desperate for an alternative to the US dollar and a global liquidity provider of last resort, since the Fed will have stopped filling that role as it had been.

The USA is likely to want to capitulate also because USA economy will be toasted by the collapse of the global economy, but if not, Russia and China and others stand ready to ganging up on the USA.

Or the USA resists but the rest of the world marches ahead with the new SDR monetary reset and the USA falls further off the cliff into decadence.

The plan is like the Euro, all countries will borrow in SDRs, but they will use their local currency for wages, etc.. But this will make all countries bankruptable when their business cycles go down but they can't print their own money. All countries will be slaves as per the Greece EURO debt example, which Armstrong has explained many times.

This will take us towards the end game in Revelations where all wealth will be stored on a hill in Israel where the elite banksters have concentrated it with the above enslavement plan for the nations.

Edit: https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/middle_east/sales-of-us-treasury-bonds-continue-to-try-to-stem-dollar-rise/

So world is short dollar due to amount of USD denominated debts.

We tried to reflate the system by making debt cheap for everyone (& subsequent investment flocked to high yielding emerging markets) but have strung ourselves to a weak dollar in the process.

But although the implicit point of QE was inflation, we had extended, stronger, deflation. Currency devaluing by export driven economies + no velocity of money (many of course argued that QE was deflationary). All this was with a weaker dollar post 2011.

So the question then becomes if King Dollar is so easily inflationary and the whole point of QE (on the surface) is to inflate away the debt, then why wasn't this done to begin with?

The answer, I suppose, is that the globe is so interconnected now that any major policy movement needs to be considered in a global sense. Without co-ordination and continued policy shifts (a euphemism for flying blind - something Rickards has heard from Bernanke & others ie "incoherent") the current system would probably have imploded.

That leaves us in a hell of a bind; the only politically viable solution is to keep some classes happy by reflating their assets - if prices are rising and people are paying their mortgages banks are solvent & paying shareholders in a positive loop. Overall though, we muddle through and force feed the green shoots / better tomorrow narrative, all the while knowing a monetary reset is both inevitable & highly likely due to the unintended consequences arising from policy on the fly & experimenting.

Extrapolating, I understand why many then think that a section of the global elites may be getting ready to use this to push their global money agenda.

minor-transgression

Activity: 268
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 08:57:42 PM

Let me begin by a recap on a few things. The Clinton campaign initially targetted
Sanders and Trump. They wanted Trump as the Republican opponent as they expected
that he would be even more disliked than Hillary Clinton. Hence they pushed their
media contacts to give Trump airtime and encouragement. They sucked Sanders in
and ensured that the polling system was rigged to favour Hillary. Thanks to
some insiders and to Wikileaks much of that story is public knowledge.

You might wonder why they thought that selecting a candidate a majority of their
supporters wouldn't vote for was a good idea, but step back a bit from that idea.
Their customers are the people who give them money. And their customers wanted
Hillary. They thought they had enough control to pull it off. When Sanders
conceded and supported Hillary, and when Trump won the Republican nomination
while shredding that Party, confirmation bias kicked in. You know the rest of
that story.

Before I get to the next point, I'll mention that I don't have a dog in this fight.
People sometimes equate racism with fascism. While the two tend to go together,
Fascism is capitalism writ large, Mussolini defined Fascisim as Corporatism. It's
when the Corporate lobby decides who gets to govern and it doesn't care what laws
are passed so long as the profits keep increasing. If you're a neoliberal and want
to know what a fascist looks like, begin by taking a long hard look in the mirror.

That, however, misses my point. In a US election that fielded the two most disliked
contenders in its history, third party candidates were crushed. Further, nobody
seems to think this might be either an issue or indeed a problem. The US does
not hear policies or views on issues out of favour with the main stream media.
Hold that thought.

Currently, the Government of India is in the midst of a crisis brought about by
either malice or by mismanagement of their paper currency, perhaps both. In
India, possession of either gold or bitcoin is probably a good thing. From what
I've read, a subtle shift has taken place, and the Indian Government seems
to have shifted the burden of proof of ownership of assets onto the citizen.
If you can't prove it's yours, it's the Government's and you are a criminal.
It may be unintended, but that seems to be how it is being played.

So what is the systemic risk of owning gold elsewhere? Here I part company with
Jim Rickards. Mr Rickards suggests that the US executive order of 1933 making
gold contraband will not recur. The free market in gold prevents the accumulation
of seniorage, thus any attempt to seize private gold would result in the price of
gold rising rapidly, frustrating the intended goal.

But first, history suggests that TPTB will move their gold to a safe location, as
in 1933, hence that constraint on government action can be discounted. Secondly,
the preponderance of paper gold in the market suggests that the ratio of physical
gold to claims for gold could run close to three figures. That suggests that a
mechanism exists which could be used to suppress the price of physical gold in an
"emergency."I'm not saying that such action will happen, merely that Mr Rickards
is less cynical than I.

I'll mention that Mr Rickards and I agree on one thing. There is financial
asymmetry between western financial markets and Russia. If a cyberwar breaks out
the West has much more to lose than Russia. The same could be said regarding
the next financial crisis.

Much depends on confidence in fiat currencies, and that depends on perceptions.
Those, in turn, are influenced by the main stream media, and recent events have
shown that the press cannot be relied upon to provide fair unbiased reporting.
Which leaves bitcoin as perhaps the last currency standing.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 09:35:02 PM

But although the implicit point of QE was inflation, we had extended, stronger, deflation. Currency devaluing by export driven economies + no velocity of money (many of course argued that QE was deflationary). All this was with a weaker dollar post 2011.

So the question then becomes if King Dollar is so easily inflationary and the whole point of QE (on the surface) is to inflate away the debt, then why wasn't this done to begin with?

So the coming dollar vortex would be more deflationary and more catastrophic, so that the nations would come to their knees and accept the SDRs.

Rothschilds+Rockefeller are engineering all of this.

Their secretive 180 IQ laden think tanks also worked out that the polls would get it wrong (but they didn't fool me!):

Predicting Trump victory was a slight touch of genius or opportunism.

But the map they got completely wrong, every key state was wrong.

I am leaning to "no supernatural involved" here.

I had worked out far in advance the precise statistical reason Trump would win, which was turnout (which was also why it couldn't be measured in the pre-election surveys):

https://steemit.com/society/@anonymint/the-red-pill-blue-pill-election-nyc-slumlord-vs-globalists

They wanted Trump as the Republican opponent as they expected
that he would be even more disliked than Hillary Clinton.

You might wonder why they thought that selecting a candidate a majority of their
supporters wouldn't vote for was a good idea, but step back a bit from that idea.
Hillary. They thought they had enough control to pull it off.

I think Rothschilds with his control over Wikileaks and many insiders in the MSM, instead made Trump the President and needed to do it in a way that Democrats could be fooled into losing the election.

For the reason I stated upthread:

Edit: the USA appears to be unique in that the conservatives are strong enough (and have millions of guns which they won't willingly turn over to any government edict), that the socialists can't ram this devolution down the throat of the conservatives. So it appears Trump has been placed into the office so that the conservatives can be blamed for the economic collapse to further divide the liberals and conservatives. I think the plan is to bring a war of attrition against the conservatives by isolating them. Russia and China are just pretending to be the friend of the conservatives in order to weaken the USA via divide-and-conquer, but when the war comes they will be against the conservatives. It might be a psyops war, so obfuscated. I need to study and think more about this. I don't have a complete conceptualization yet. The elite know that the gun toting conservatives in the USA are a big stumbling block that must be weakened on their way to a new world order. Perhaps it is merely sufficient to create disarray and fragmentations, so that the different factions have no choice but to accept the IMF SDR system after the global monetary reset circa 2018 or so.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 09:49:49 PM
Last edit: November 19, 2016, 10:21:14 PM by iamnotback

So for example I will go jogging now, because that is what seems to give me a bit more energy. I have been tending to jog 2 - 3X per day. But it doesn't stop the yellow color and pain at my abdomen. There is something seriously wrong inside there at my liver and upper portion of the digestive system. In January, I will have documents I can scan and share so that no one will be able to think I was lying. Believe me, if I wasn't sick, I wouldn't writing anything here in these forums. I'd be having too much fun producing and making progress at a much faster rate. I am praying my problem can be resolved in January. Thus NUHS has also done FMT (fecal microflora transplants) as well as I am sure very expert in surgery if for example my organs in there are bound together after floating in stomach acid in 2012 due to the perforated ulcer I had at the time. However, one thing that is perplexing to me is that well before the perforated ulcer in 2012, even as early as 2009/10, I was having the symptoms of swollen feet and uncontrollable muscle contractions (especially in my feet) which I still get now and seem to be correlated with my gut problem. So perhaps my health problem is something viral or bacterial, which preceded and precipitated the perforated ulcer. January is a significant month in my life. I been in 4.5 years of utter hell healthwise. And since 2006 when someone I trusted and had known for many years gave me a very nasty strain of HPV that had me bed ridden for a month and never quite the same hence, I've been having autoimmunity symptoms. So maybe I am just destroyed. I will hope to find out in January. Nevertheless, I will release this crypto project even if I can't be cured. I will need to find another programmer if I am not going to get back my normal health. I will have to transition just to a thinker and adviser in that case. I have a plan B for that, which will involve a small ICO after making it to testnet, so I can hire a top notch programmer. Until January, I am trying to get as much work done as I can in this poor health condition.

You, my friend, likewise have either done nothing during your years in the jungle (as you claim) or have done the cunning things. Whichever is true, I don't know.

Are you not aware that in May 2012 I was in ER/ICU with a perforated ulcer, which means all my organs in my abdominal cavity were bathing in stomach acid for ~3 days. The organs were bleeding and my stomach swelled up. I know what the non-stop pain of hell is literally. In hell we will beg to die. I was often wanting to die during those 3 days (and I can handle a lot of pain).

Any way, because of that and ostensibly the poor quality of outpatient followup care in the Philippines, I have for the past 4 years a chronic health problem with my liver and digestive system which renders me in delirium much of the time. To understand the symptoms of my health problem, imagine trying to work when you've been awake for 36 hours and your eyes are closed with your forehead on the keyboard and you are trying to force yourself to stay awake. Add a migraine headache. And a lack of energy to think. This is the effect of my illness most of the time, even when I awaken. Even it doesn't allow me to sleep.

So there is a physical reason why my productivity fell off a cliff as of 2012. Nevertheless, I have been doing some cunning work (in a very debilitated cognitive state) which is coming to light now.

I think I told you that I am scheduled to fly to Singapore on January 12, 2017 to begin an expert diagnosis at National University Hospital of Singapore with the head of the entire Hepatology and Gastroenterology department.

Basically I have not had any money to get treated properly. There are more details about why this came about which I won't subject your readers to.

My problem is I am headed to NUHS with only 9.5 BTC to spend on a potentially very serious medical problem, so I don't know if I will be able to afford to get cured. It is quite possible that when my bloodied organs healed, that they binded together and now I may have physical deformities.

I am expecting I will need surgery. But I really don't know.

The only diagnosis I have thus far is from an ultrasound in the Philippines earlier this year diagnosing NALFD (liver disease) which I've read is highly correlated with small intestine dysfunction because 70% of the blood supply for the liver comes from the small intestine via the portal vein.

Basically 70% of the immune system is in the gut and my liver is releasing toxins. This is causing holes to develop in my brain which is similar to Multiple Sclerosis. I am confident they will find this on MRI in Singapore because I can feel it inside my skull.

I have a very serious problem and I don't have sufficient resources to deal with it. And it is (incredibly!) difficult for me to work and produce income without first curing this health problem.

I force myself to run 3X per day just to prevent the collapse of my health into complete vegetable-like state, but I can't run further than about 2kms each time due to the pain in my abdomen. It is all very exhausting and very grueling. I chew constantly on my plastic comb. My life is that grueling right now.

I am now reduced to not eating for 12 - 16 hours every day (Warrior diet) to try to keep my digestive system and liver from producing toxins constantly.

Very happy to report that I ran 10:57 (10 minutes and 57 seconds) for 2.4 kms this 5am at the humid equator here in Davao City, Mindanao.

That is 7:20 per mile pace (7 minutes and 20 seconds)! OMG! I haven't run any thing under 8+ minute pace lately since my illness has been so debilitating in my gut.

This morning I had a slight gut pain, but yet I felt like I blasted out of a cannon. The entire run was strong.

7:20!  Shocked Damn that is fast considering. At age 51.5 and with a serious liver and digestive illness. Happy day.  Grin  Cool

Well it is not close to my sub-5 minute pace at that distance at my peak in my 20s, but still considering the situation and age.

7 more weeks countdown to expert diagnosis in Singapore! Got to do as much as I can on my conditioning before then.

Edit: I am roughly above 50% of the world-class athletes at my age, since I roughly assume that today could have run 24 - 25 minutes for a 5K:

http://www.runnersworld.com/tools/age-grade-calculator

Note in 2008 at age 44, I ran around 19 - 20 minutes for a 5K and I was just farting around and hadn't trained, but I wasn't so ill then. That was about 67% of the world class athletes at that age. I suspect if I wasn't ill and was training seriously, I could get to within 75 - 80% of the world class athletes.
tabnloz
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 10:18:55 PM

So the coming dollar vortex would be more deflationary and more catastrophic, so that the nations would come to their knees and accept the SDRs.

Rothschilds+Rockefeller are engineering all of this.

Their secretive 180 IQ laden think tanks also worked out that the polls would get it wrong (but they didn't fool me!):

Predicting Trump victory was a slight touch of genius or opportunism.

But the map they got completely wrong, every key state was wrong.

I am leaning to "no supernatural involved" here.

I had worked out far in advance the precise statistical reason Trump would win, which was turnout (which was also why it couldn't be measured in the pre-election surveys):

https://steemit.com/society/@anonymint/the-red-pill-blue-pill-election-nyc-slumlord-vs-globalists

They wanted Trump as the Republican opponent as they expected
that he would be even more disliked than Hillary Clinton.

Hillary. They thought they had enough control to pull it off.

I think Rothschilds with his control over Wikileaks and many insiders in the MSM, instead made Trump the President and needed to do it in a way that Democrats could be fooled into losing the election.

For the reason I stated upthread:

Edit: the USA appears to be unique in that the conservatives are strong enough (and have millions of guns which they won't willingly turn over to any government edict), that the socialists can't ram this devolution down the throat of the conservatives. So it appears Trump has been placed into the office so that the conservatives can be blamed for the economic collapse to further divide the liberals and conservatives. I think the plan is to bring a war of attrition against the conservatives by isolating them. Russia and China are just pretending to be the friend of the conservatives in order to weaken the USA via divide-and-conquer, but when the war comes they will be against the conservatives. It might be a psyops war, so obfuscated. I need to study and think more about this. I don't have a complete conceptualization yet. The elite know that the gun toting conservatives in the USA are a big stumbling block that must be weakened on their way to a new world order. Perhaps it is merely sufficient to create disarray and fragmentations, so that the different factions have no choice but to accept the IMF SDR system after the global monetary reset circa 2018 or so.

I always am curious to read your take on things.

As discussed before, I don't agree with the insinuation re:wikileaks, although of course it is entirely possible the Podesta / DNC hack source was related. For me though, this doesn't constitute control. Leveraging the fearlessness of wikileaks, yes. However I'm not outright dismissing it - things are often deeper than they seem - the Clinton email addressing the compliance of the masses hints at that (and at the eventual result of losing grip).

I also think the Trump presidency was easier to see from the outside & I more agree with Minor Transgressions take, especially the part that the media is dead (and good riddance).

iamnotback

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 10:22:14 PM

As discussed before, I don't agree with the insinuation re:wikileaks

Study the evidence linking Rothschilds to Wikileaks. Don't be so naive. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Rothschilds has always done his manipulation this way using compartmentalization and deception.
Lateralus

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 02:07:58 AM

Before I get to the next point, I'll mention that I don't have a dog in this fight.
People sometimes equate racism with fascism. While the two tend to go together,
Fascism is capitalism writ large, Mussolini defined Fascisim as Corporatism. It's
when the Corporate lobby decides who gets to govern and it doesn't care what laws
are passed so long as the profits keep increasing. If you're a neoliberal and want
to know what a fascist looks like, begin by taking a long hard look in the mirror.

Yeah I think this is a little simplistic, and conveniently (as always) relieves the average citizen from any blame. What we see in the United States is just the natural result of Democracy when people vote for the centralization of power. The reason corporations write the laws are:

A) The people vote for such methods of problem solving (regulations/bureaucracy), rather than solving them through the application of tort law.

B) No one else understands the complexity of the issues in the respective industries other than those who worked in those industries. There's no other way to actually write the laws.

So the problem is in the process we've chosen as a society to deal with the flaws of "capitalism", once again we've chosen central planning, we've chosen the state. It's in the name "state": Frozen in time, inflexible, unable to adapt to changing circumstances, inherently and inevitably prone to becoming totally corrupt.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 02:59:36 AM

As discussed before, I don't agree with the insinuation re:wikileaks

Study the evidence linking Rothschilds to Wikileaks. Don't be so naive. Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Rothschilds has always done his manipulation this way using compartmentalization and deception.

Realize Trump is going to drive the SUPERMAN STRONG dollar vortex absolutely higher than Hillary would have, because he is going to drop corporate taxes from 33% to 15% one of the lowest in the world and other STRONG USA activities:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/north_america/2016-u-s-presidential-election/trump-is-asking-for-your-suggestions-interesting-lets-see/

Rothshilds needs this dollar vortex to bring the world to its knees to beg for SDR liquidity injections to get the world economy moving again.

2017 - 2020 is going to be amazing. I am very excited.    Undecided
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 05:39:42 AM

Let me go ahead and drop the Hottest Potato in the World now.  I don't think Armstrong, Zero Hedge, Breitbart or anyone prominent will touch this.  Look into it, and you will see why...

PizzaGate

^---  The scandal of the millennium?  The biggest scandal of all time?

I'll let you all do your own checking, as I have NO IDEA if any of this is true or not.  If just 1% is true, then this very, very bad...

Wikileaks (Podesta emails) kicked this off when various noticed the pedophilia-seeming comments re "pizza", "hotdog", "map", "Spirit Cooking", "handkerchief", etc.

Google terms to get you started:

"Comet Ping Pong Pizza, Washington, DC"
"Disturbing, Art, Tony Podesta"
"Child trafficking, Epstein, Clinton, parties"
"wikileaks.org, podesta emails, emailid/32795"

Warning: very disgusting stuff has already been unearthed.  Ugh if true.

Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 07:52:12 PM

Whilst having a conversation about Armstrong the other day, my friend whom I have previously mentioned Martin to, retorted that he looked him up and came to the conclusion that he has been wrong many times. I assume his facts are from this page or something similar. What are you guys take on the "facts" presented here?

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/Gary/gold/martin_armstrong.htm

Martin Armstrong, while not limited as a Precious Metals analyst, probably has one of the most colorful history's of anyone we have researched. He runs Armstrong Economics and became a millionaire at 15 by collecting coins. Mr. Armstrong is the former chairman of Princeton Economics International Ltd. He is best known for his economic predictions based on the Economic Confidence Model, which he developed. In September 1999, Armstrong faced prosecution by the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission for fraud. During the trial, Armstrong was imprisoned for over seven years for civil contempt of court, one of the longest-running cases of civil contempt in American legal history. In August 2006, Armstrong pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to commit fraud, and began a five-year sentence. Since his release he has had a voice in Economic activity and Bloomberg has referred to him as the "Felon Forecaster". We don't want to delve too much in his history, and lauded calls of decades past, but rather some of the more recent predictions that were flat-out wrong or have not come to fruition, yet. I find him vague in a Nostradamus-way and he flip-flops quite often. His calls are often about general, and large, economic events - so he puts himself on the line but these ambitious calls rarely come true.

Ex. In 2013 he predicted the DOW would double by 2015. At the time of the prediction the DOW was approximately 14,000 - today (April 2016), it is at/near its high of 17,737.00. In 2014 he stated that $100+ crude oil was here to stay. Crude is now trading below $40. So both of these are way off base. Let's take a look at some of his other miscue predictions:

Forecaster Martin Armstrong calling for start to a Sovereign debt crisis 2015.75 - he means the 3rd quarter of 2015 but it did not and has not transpired... yet.

August 25, 2011 - Martin Armstrong: Gold to Correct for 1-3 Quarters Before Resuming Uptrend - Gold was $1740 on that date, did correct lower - but never resumed, eclipsed or equaled that high 1-3 quarters after - nor has it 4.5 years later.

June 1, 2012 - Martin Armstrong: Are Commodities Preparing for a MAJOR RALLY? Armstrong is still looking for gold to explode to the upside into 2015 due to the Sovereign Debt Crisis - in this case the exact opposite happened - Commodities essentially collapsed for the, almost, 4 years following his statement.

November 2009 - "Martin Armstrong: Gold Headed To $5,000 And Beyond!" - 6 years later and no where near. That is not saying it can't or won't - just that without a date - it is a rather meaningless statement.

April 19th, 2013 - "We elected Weekly Bearish Reversals in both metals with gold closing at 1397.2 and 2304.1. Gold closed also just below the Weekly Break line 1398.6. This is warning that the FAILURE to exceed Friday's 4/19 high intraday, and a penetration of 1310, we are looking at a drop to $1158. Breach that, and we very well may see $907 in 2 weeks." No chance. Before he said this Gold had dropped $200 in the month of April, 2013 but it ended about $90 higher after he made the statement and it did not reach or breach $1158 although the following month it came close. Sub $1000 has not occurred even 3 years later.

Dec 2012 - "The metals will be taking off during 2013, Martin believes after the summer, going all the way to 2016. Major support is at 1570." - Gold started December 2012 at $1720 and closed 2013 at $1205 - $1570 was not support and June (Summer), it went below $1200.

Oct 2013 - Gold's going to drop below $1000 - and here is an example of his flip-flopping from the previous prediction. Sub $1000 has not occurred even 2.5 years later.

Aug 9, 2013 - "Martin Armstrong has come out with this shocker – Dow 32,000 by 2015! - needless to say this wasn't even close to transpiring.

In 2013 - regarding the above DOW call: "Gold will be a beneficiary too, but in 2015." but later stated ''$650-910 price of Gold coming soon.'' - so this is an extreme flip-flop and neither came close to fruition.

September 14, 2014 - "Is Martin Armstrong Right on Sub-$1000 Gold?" - This seems to be a call that he is sticking with (see below), and I don't disagree, but the timing has not proven him correct to date.

More recently:
"The metals will bottom on the Bechmark targets. Today, gold has collapsed again back down to the 1208 level. All the screaming, hollering, kicking, biting, and name-calling will not prevent gold from meeting its fate. You have to realize there should be a retest of the 1980 high just under the $1,000 mark. There is a risk of testing the Yearly Bearish Reversal at $680. That would probably finish-off the gold promoters for quite a while. I think even a break of $1,000 will make them look rather stupid. But that is what you need at the finale.

So presently, different from most of our researched analysts - Martin Armstrong is not feeding fantasies of an imminent rise in the Precious Metals - which, perhaps should be commended as he would probably get more subscribers supporting and trending the Goldbug's hopes. But it seems his, supposed, prescient calls from decades past, have not been supported with any recent calls that he can put on his resume. He seems as clueless as the rest. By making many varied calls perhaps he believes that one would stick to embolden his reputation - like a broken watch is right twice a day. I think the absolute best you can say about him now is that his colorful calls are way too early - OR at worst he should simply be ignored for any short term predictions.

Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 07:55:52 PM

Let me go ahead and drop the Hottest Potato in the World now.  I don't think Armstrong, Zero Hedge, Breitbart or anyone prominent will touch this.  Look into it, and you will see why...

PizzaGate

^---  The scandal of the millennium?  The biggest scandal of all time?

I'll let you all do your own checking, as I have NO IDEA if any of this is true or not.  If just 1% is true, then this very, very bad...

Wikileaks (Podesta emails) kicked this off when various noticed the pedophilia-seeming comments re "pizza", "hotdog", "map", "Spirit Cooking", "handkerchief", etc.

Google terms to get you started:

"Comet Ping Pong Pizza, Washington, DC"
"Disturbing, Art, Tony Podesta"
"Child trafficking, Epstein, Clinton, parties"
"wikileaks.org, podesta emails, emailid/32795"

Warning: very disgusting stuff has already been unearthed.  Ugh if true.

Nothing makes one of these powerful people feel more powerful then buggering a child.

There's been 2 suicided investigators that Ive linked to in the killary kills again thread, that appear to be linked to this
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1683666.0

On reddit front page today, frodo, elija woods, talks about the hollywood pedos. Coincidence? Prob not.
https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/4kl4bm/elijah_wood_speaks_out_on_child_abuse_in/
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 11:28:58 PM

And by Hot Potato, I mean that no one wants to investigate this, they don't even want to touch it, get burned..  Maybe they'd be killed?

Oz too, huh?  There have been rumors for decades (that I am aware of, maybe much longer) that TPTB in the UK have been into this.  Now all of this has stormed onto the Alt-Media here in the US.  They (the Alt-Media) are looking into it.  It may be gaining traction.
tabnloz
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 02:51:36 AM

And by Hot Potato, I mean that no one wants to investigate this, they don't even want to touch it, get burned..  Maybe they'd be killed?

Oz too, huh?  There have been rumors for decades (that I am aware of, maybe much longer) that TPTB in the UK have been into this.  Now all of this has stormed onto the Alt-Media here in the US.  They (the Alt-Media) are looking into it.  It may be gaining traction.

It almost seems too sick and crazy to be true and this no doubt helps with hiding it. However, with the long running UK pedo saga only (BBC, politicians, Lords, Jimmy Saville) recently being unearthed + vague connections /similarities to The Finders etc, you just never know. If proven it where does it leave society? Down an uncomfortable bloody road with regards to the reasoning behind of these actions.

One logical question to ask then is - if not talking about what it seems, then what are they referring to? The same goes with the Comet Pizza owner, that circle of people, their instagram feeds and the comments. I saw it suggested that some of the bands related to the Comet Pizza scene are just controversial and arty, but I don't know of anything at all related to this topic that is arty, avant-garde or reputation enhancing 'controversial'. I actually find it hard to believe that such a diverse group of people (M & F, married etc) all joke around with topics such as these.

The occult is definitely an interesting topic. I'll go as far to say there is much about history, mythology and culture that we do not know, have completely forgotten, have misinterpreted or have discarded in the names of science, religion or values. Mythology is by far my favourite - I think as humans we have largely forgotten our history.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 03:29:13 AM
Last edit: November 21, 2016, 04:28:32 AM by iamnotback

Why are we surprised?

Do we really think that human nature ever changes. They burned people at the stake even in the good ole' USA for their religious beliefs.

People somehow are aghast that what happened 100 years ago is happening again, as if cycles don't repeat.

http://history.stackexchange.com/questions/33909/did-people-in-china-resort-to-cannibalism-during-the-reign-of-mao
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: