Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:56:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646746 times)
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1841

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:51:24 PM

with cons and charlatans like Martin Armstrong you always get something like "asset X will go up or down or stay flat". Yet somehow even with such predictions he always ends up being wrong.

I find it rather ironic he claims to have a miracle computer to predict the future but is unable to predict anything about bitcoin at all.  Oh, you need years of history to try and create an algo that will function correctly when backtested against the data?  Well, what good is that?  We don't live in a static universe with fixed variables and the same currency "flowing" around back and forth to the same fixed variables over and over.  

It's not like JP Morgan hasn't made a bad trade in years because they have miracle algos either, it's because the banks run the damn govt in a non-aggregate market where they can front run everything that happens in that market...which is controlled by...themselves.  Just a plain old algo, which is all that Armstrong uses, are notoriously bad against black swan events too, which he cannot predict.  Black swans aren't based on capital flows, they're based on random things like the dust bowl occurring from bad farming practices.

I too would like to see better predictions (more specific, more timely, more correct) from Armstrong.

But, that's not really why I started this thread. Armstrong is excellent with his IDEAS and his knowledge of economic history, at least for now I have read no one who illustrates so many themes from the past that DO repeat.  Food for thought for me.

However, I am not paying for anything from him.  Like r0ach writes, no one can predict the future, what with true Black Swans and all.  The only ones who appear to be able to (JP Morgan's perfect trading record, day after day) are because they FRONT-RUN their customers and everyone else.  And, apparenlty run most of the country too along with their other Bankster pals.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:31:02 PM

r0ach what do you think of FCT and XCP for lambo buying? (I'm already in XMR)
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:03:26 PM

Bonds are still high despite his bs "big bang" call. Real estate keeps rising, etc, etc....

I never understood the fear that there would be a "big bang" in bonds. Seems to me that the writing is on the wall and that the bond markets will slowly shrivel over the coming years as central banks buy up and effectively cancel the debt denominated in their local currencies. Very bullish for cryptocurrency and the nominal value of almost everything over the long run..

Global Debt Hits A New Record High Of $217 Trillion; 327% Of GDP

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-29/global-debt-hits-new-record-high-217-trillion-327-

Japan Is Writing Off Nearly Half Its National Debt... We Could, Too.

http://m.truthdig.com/report/item/japan_write_off_nearly_half_national_debt_inflation_20170628
Quote from: Ellen Brown
Japan seems to have found one. While the US government is busy driving up its “sovereign” debt and the interest owed on it, Japan has been canceling its debt at the rate of $720 billion (¥80tn) per year. How? By selling the debt to its own central bank, which returns the interest to the government. While most central banks have ended their quantitative easing programs and are planning to sell their federal securities, the Bank of Japan continues to aggressively buy its government’s debt. An interest-free debt owed to oneself that is rolled over from year to year is effectively void – a debt “jubilee.” As noted by fund manager Eric Lonergan in a February 2017 article:

The Bank of Japan is in the process of owning most of the outstanding government debt of Japan (it currently owns around 40%). BoJ holdings are part of the consolidated government balance sheet. So its holdings are in fact the accounting equivalent of a debt cancellation. If I buy back my own mortgage, I don’t have a mortgage.

If the Federal Reserve followed the same policy and bought 40% of the US national debt, the Fed would be holding $8 trillion in federal securities, three times its current holdings from its quantitative easing programs.
That is not to say that all is idyllic in Japan. Forty percent of Japanese workers lack secure full-time employment, adequate pensions and health insurance.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:39:32 AM

The guy has done nothing, but re-work the work of others since day one and get away with it.  Must be that "7000 living languages" that you guys are claiming are out there. 
Jyfi according to a credible source of mine CfB was bcnxt.. claiming to satoshi.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 01:42:20 AM

with cons and charlatans like Martin Armstrong you always get something like "asset X will go up or down or stay flat". Yet somehow even with such predictions he always ends up being wrong.

I find it rather ironic he claims to have a miracle computer to predict the future but is unable to predict anything about bitcoin at all.  Oh, you need years of history to try and create an algo that will function correctly when backtested against the data?  Well, what good is that?  We don't live in a static universe with fixed variables and the same currency "flowing" around back and forth to the same fixed variables over and over.  

It's not like JP Morgan hasn't made a bad trade in years because they have miracle algos either, it's because the banks run the damn govt in a non-aggregate market where they can front run everything that happens in that market...which is controlled by...themselves.  Just a plain old algo, which is all that Armstrong uses, are notoriously bad against black swan events too, which he cannot predict.  Black swans aren't based on capital flows, they're based on random things like the dust bowl occurring from bad farming practices.

I too would like to see better predictions (more specific, more timely, more correct) from Armstrong.

But, that's not really why I started this thread. Armstrong is excellent with his IDEAS and his knowledge of economic history, at least for now I have read no one who illustrates so many themes from the past that DO repeat.  Food for thought for me.

However, I am not paying for anything from him.  Like r0ach writes, no one can predict the future, what with true Black Swans and all.  The only ones who appear to be able to (JP Morgan's perfect trading record, day after day) are because they FRONT-RUN their customers and everyone else.  And, apparenlty run most of the country too along with their other Bankster pals.
Ive said 100x not to read into his short term stuff. If he was any good and prophetic at all levels he wouldnt have been selling his crap but instead using the info to trade and make money. His long term data is interesting but only as far as bedtime reading goes. Dont expect it to change your life.
sloanf

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 07:29:53 AM

Ive said 100x not to read into his short term stuff. If he was any good and prophetic at all levels he wouldnt have been selling his crap but instead using the info to trade and make money. His long term data is interesting but only as far as bedtime reading goes. Dont expect it to change your life.

well, he tried with his money and failed, he then tried with somebody else's money and failed, then he went abroad and tried again with Japanese money and failed big time. Then he simply tried to steal the rest of what had left after his bs ecm-model based trades and got caught. After doing years in prison he finally figured out that trading is not his thing. Hence he sells bs reports, subscriptions and conferences, because there is no downside and so many idiots out there like @iamnotback.
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 06:14:53 PM

well, he tried with his money and failed, he then tried with somebody else's money and failed, then he went abroad and tried again with Japanese money and failed big time. Then he simply tried to steal the rest of what had left after his bs ecm-model based trades and got caught. After doing years in prison he finally figured out that trading is not his thing. Hence he sells bs reports, subscriptions and conferences, because there is no downside and so many idiots out there like @iamnotback.

There is something about the internet world that has become very popular and that is re-working famous works and claiming them as your own.  Most of the internet users are so utterly dum that there is nothing to doing it.

minor-transgression

Activity: 268
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 08:49:20 PM

Hermione Granger: "You're saying it wrong. It's Wing-gar-dium Levi-o-sa,
make the 'gar' nice and long."
"The Levitation Charm was invented in 1544 by warlock Jarleth Hobart who
mistakenly believed that he had at last succeeded in doing what wizardkind
had so far failed to do, and learnt to fly."

http://www.stopthecrime.net/docs/SILENT%20WEAPONS%20for%20QUIET%20WARS.pdf

The linked .pdf describes three systems: a model of the economy; methods of
determining the impulse response of economic sub-systems; and an outline of
methods for individual profiling and control. The manual was "discovered" in
1986, and was supposedly written in 1979. It is almost certainly a hoax, and
offers a means of micromanaging the American economy down to the level of
the individual.
That said, the economic model contains certain features that have only recently
appeared in economics papers, hence if it were implemented, it may be at least
as good as other models currently in play. The attraction of the document,
however, is that it offers the reader a measure of omnipotence, at least in
the short run, but unfortunately, where a mistaken belief in one's ability to
fly will result in a swift physical readjustment to the reality of the flyer,
economics offers the possibility of having others pay for one's mistakes. 
In that sense, it could be said that the system is likely to perform exactly
as designed.

I'm posting this here because it may have some relevance to MA's modelling.
If MA had added artificial intelligence to these models, he may have something
that works, at minimum,  in the short run.
OROBTC (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1841

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 03:45:56 PM

[...]

Interesting point about greed today by marty, it really amazes me these big corporate CEO cannot get out the greed trap, this is very usual it's almost like the more power and wealth some ceos gather the more trapped they'll become. Some sort of multi-year buddhist meditation retreat would serve these people struggling with their unlimited greed Cheesy They will never be satisfied for what they have. One cannot live with such greed, it's poisonous just like hatred.

[...]

THAT was an excellent piece by Armstrong, BW!  Here is the link I highly recommended reading:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/rule-of-law/jeff-zucker-should-stand-trial-for-conspiring-against-the-united-states-for-corporate-profits-enough-is-enough/

The article mentions that Jeff Zucker's 15 year-old son is ALREADY on the advisory board of Cory Booker's start-up tech firm.  15!  Also note that Cory Booker is one of the leading candidates for the Democrats to run for President in 2020.

Also mentioned in that article how intertwined the MSM (MainStream Media) and the Democrat Party are.  Rush Limbaugh put out the idea some three months ago that it is REALLY the MSM that runs the Democrats..., not the other way around.

Armstrong's other piece re the EURO was good too.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 04:52:28 PM

Much to Anonymint's horror, Monero is starting to look bullish to me from here.
Your always the opposite play to me.. i think ill sell some xmr and.buy some eth here

XMR was 0.0176 when I typed that and longed, then it went to 0.01888.  As for Eth, it's a scam propped up by the R3 group, so it will be propped up until the bankers decide they want to liquidate.

You are incorrect in youe generalization again roach. Yes if cost is the only factor why India? Why not africa or a cheaper country? You love making stuff up I know that. India has the most advanced computer science curriculum at a few certain universities that only allow the best of the best.

kinda like your bitcoin theory when you were holding at $400-$500(then you finally got a bit of profit and sold at $700 to become the big precious metal shill that you are?) and claimed that invisible forces were keeping it down, posting margin charts showing unlimited shorting whenever there was a rise that was sold into? No offense, but your "theories" can go into the trash as that is about how much stock I put into them.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 06:25:27 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2017, 09:21:02 PM by r0ach

Yea, I read that a long time ago (although the math and economics in it are retarded).  You'll notice it pops up right after the conclusion of WW2 when the Marxist jews took over the world and cites people like (((Mayer Amschel Rothschild))) as some type of hero in the book.  It's basically their new "protocols of the elders of zion" for modern times.  Whites in high positions go along with the Jew scheme thinking they're in some type of club, but nope; they're just useful idiot Shabbos Goys helping to prop up global Jewish enslavement.  Holocaust 2.0 coming soon.

kinda like your bitcoin theory when you were holding at $400-$500(then you finally got a bit of profit and sold at $700 to become the big precious metal shill that you are?)

Stop pretending you know anything about what I am or am not holding.  I've been trading crapcoins non-stop ever since halving.  I just no longer am a moron who has 100% of their money in cryptocurrency because only idiots do that.  Since you're in India or whatever the fuck, you could probably make a lot worse decisions than turning Rupees into bitcoin, but if you live in the US, there's just more options.  

Things like metals are also WAY cheaper in US dollars than things like Australian or Canadian dollars because the US dollar is overvalued by something like 30% even above it's normal overvaluation.  Whether you think dumping dollars while they're at 14 year highs is a great idea or bad idea depends entirely on if you believe in the Armstrong conspiracy nonsense about how everything else but the dollar will go to 0 (yea right).  Every nation on earth is gonna walk away from those US denominated debts and service 0 of them.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 03:52:58 AM

r0ach, what is your general thesis on how the debt bubble will be resolved/play out?

STT
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1413

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2017, 07:27:49 AM

Dollar staying above useful assets in value doesnt make alot of sense.   If we come up with free energy then perhaps strange things happen otherwise we'll see price of wheat, energy and other 'stuff' we do use rise above dollar.   If US growth were superior to world growth (demanding those items) why arent they repaying any debt, why not close the budget deficits, where is the employee pay growth.   The dollar is not strong, dont really believe it imo

An interest-free debt owed to oneself that is rolled over from year to year is effectively void – a debt “jubilee.” As noted by fund manager Eric Lonergan in a February 2017 article:

The Bank of Japan is in the process of owning most of the outstanding government debt of Japan (it currently owns around 40%). BoJ holdings are part of the consolidated government balance sheet. So its holdings are in fact the accounting equivalent of a debt cancellation. If I buy back my own mortgage, I don’t have a mortgage.

That would be debt cancellation if the money used to buy back the debt were tax receipts and it was just the case that Japan had a budget surplus.   But if BOJ is printing money to cancel this debt, thats QE isnt it.    Its not magical, there are effects to doing that.   They will lose value or least any Yen users not within the loop of new money will lose value.

If Japan loses control of their own domestic currency, it seems they will stand to lose more then they gained from the debt issuance to begin with.   If one day they replace old Yen with new Yen then I guess its a repeat of history elsewhere, maybe its a positive in some sense.  Probably superior to the Greek mexican standoff.

Thing is with Japan, they hold 1 trillion of US treasuries.  I think they dont do this in isolation, this isnt just Japanese domestic policy and of course everybody has their own QE now.  We joined the hatters tea party a while ago

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2017, 02:22:49 PM

Dollar staying above useful assets in value doesnt make alot of sense.   If we come up with free energy then perhaps strange things happen otherwise we'll see price of wheat, energy and other 'stuff' we do use rise above dollar.   If US growth were superior to world growth (demanding those items) why arent they repaying any debt, why not close the budget deficits, where is the employee pay growth.   The dollar is not strong, dont really believe it imo

An interest-free debt owed to oneself that is rolled over from year to year is effectively void – a debt “jubilee.” As noted by fund manager Eric Lonergan in a February 2017 article:

That would be debt cancellation if the money used to buy back the debt were tax receipts and it was just the case that Japan had a budget surplus.   But if BOJ is printing money to cancel this debt, thats QE isnt it.    Its not magical, there are effects to doing that.   They will lose value or least any Yen users not within the loop of new money will lose value.

If Japan loses control of their own domestic currency, it seems they will stand to lose more then they gained from the debt issuance to begin with.   If one day they replace old Yen with new Yen then I guess its a repeat of history elsewhere, maybe its a positive in some sense.  Probably superior to the Greek mexican standoff.

Thing is with Japan, they hold 1 trillion of US treasuries.  I think they dont do this in isolation, this isnt just Japanese domestic policy and of course everybody has their own QE now.  We joined the hatters tea party a while ago
25 year cycles with jpy.. once it entered into that agreement with the states in 86 to devalue usd it fell in deflation trap. Now jpy was seen as safe haven and hit its top.. it will now proceed to find a low because the country is basically defaulting. They already said they wont let jpy rise anymore they will print more. Thus jpy has become worthless. That jpy rise will be nothing to the fall.. which is probably the last stand as fiat currencies race to  become useless and people switch to crypto as it now offers an alternative for the first time ever.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 09:23:10 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2017, 09:38:17 PM by r0ach

r0ach, what is your general thesis on how the debt bubble will be resolved/play out?

Well, first things first, in a recapitalization scenario the USD would likely lose reserve status so the USD is the big loser no matter what happens when it comes to purchasing power.  The reserve would then either shift to gold or SDR. The seigniorage fee on a $100 bill is already enormous.  It's something like an 11 cent cost of production representing $100 when paper money has always been a derivative of gold and silver in the past, so they can always just claim the total amount of "SDR" equals the entire world debt then say all USD notes are worth 25% of SDRs, the Yen would be worth 5% or whatever, etc.

It's a stupid system that requires a defacto world government and world currency, so as long as just a few big people like Russia resist, we can avoid Jew world order banker enslavement.  The next is the scenario they don't want to do but always have planned as a backup: revaluing gold to an enormous level ($10k+) that gets the system out of deflationary collapse.

So, basically all that needs to happen is nations like Russia, Iran, and a couple others run out the clock on western Jewish banking to force them to revalue gold, which simultaneously prevents a world govt slave system at the same time.  Unlike FOA, I also believe silver will drastically increase in price with gold.  Many arab countries and nations like India have huge amounts of gold now, so rather than revaluing gold to $20k an ounce making everyone in India the new kings of the world, they would likely revalue gold to $10k and have silver rise in similar proportion just to prevent places like India from becoming stupidly powerful for no reason.

No, "cryptocurrency" is not going to take over anything like Sidhujag claims.  Even if you wanted it to (which is a horrible idea), it's far too early in it's evolution with garbage scalability to deal with a kind of imminent world banking collapse problem.  It would be like asking an engineer from the year 1700 to design a moon capsule.  Physical currency is also a basic human right if there ever was one like the right to defend yourself, so unless they can bring in total oppressive world govt, people are going to be using physical money in some way and never just digital only.  You honestly need to be flat out stupid to want a digital only currency since you'll always be at the mercy of whoever runs it, and someone will always run it unlike metals.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
July 04, 2017, 10:10:02 PM

Thanks for sharing (and so concise). I have been pondering on a Gold revaluation scheme but somehow it seems so unlikely that 'suddenly' Gold shoots higher while it is about the most hated asset class for now. It has gone nowhere since 2013 while CBs have been 'printing' money without end. It seems to counter intuitive that Gold will suddenly shine.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:31:01 AM

Well, first things first, in a recapitalization scenario the USD would likely lose reserve status so the USD is the big loser no matter what happens when it comes to purchasing power.  The reserve would then either shift to gold or SDR. The seigniorage fee on a $100 bill is already enormous.  It's something like an 11 cent cost of production representing $100 when paper money has always been a derivative of gold and silver in the past, so they can always just claim the total amount of "SDR" equals the entire world debt then say all USD notes are worth 25% of SDRs, the Yen would be worth 5% or whatever, etc.

It's a stupid system that requires a defacto world government and world currency, so as long as just a few big people like Russia resist, we can avoid Jew world order banker enslavement.  The next is the scenario they don't want to do but always have planned as a backup: revaluing gold to an enormous level ($10k+) that gets the system out of deflationary collapse.

So, basically all that needs to happen is nations like Russia, Iran, and a couple others run out the clock on western Jewish banking to force them to revalue gold, which simultaneously prevents a world govt slave system at the same time.  Unlike FOA, I also believe silver will drastically increase in price with gold.  Many arab countries and nations like India have huge amounts of gold now, so rather than revaluing gold to $20k an ounce making everyone in India the new kings of the world, they would likely revalue gold to $10k and have silver rise in similar proportion just to prevent places like India from becoming stupidly powerful for no reason.

No, "cryptocurrency" is not going to take over anything like Sidhujag claims.  Even if you wanted it to (which is a horrible idea), it's far too early in it's evolution with garbage scalability to deal with a kind of imminent world banking collapse problem.  It would be like asking an engineer from the year 1700 to design a moon capsule.  Physical currency is also a basic human right if there ever was one like the right to defend yourself, so unless they can bring in total oppressive world govt, people are going to be using physical money in some way and never just digital only.  You honestly need to be flat out stupid to want a digital only currency since you'll always be at the mercy of whoever runs it, and someone will always run it unlike metals.
Gold is a weaker form of money than crypto. The market already realizes this. The problem with you gold bugs is that you do not evolve since you hold positions you cannot see the evolution that is taking place. You have to be flat out stupid to claim gold is a better form of money over crypto. Gold is not even better than fiat. Current fiat took over gold remember. Having physical representation is easy once the systems are in place to prove ownership. You have to think outside the box pinky.
STT
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1413

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2017, 06:12:30 AM

so unlikely that 'suddenly' Gold shoots higher while it is about the most hated asset class for now.

It would not be so sudden really.  Major central banks in countries with positive trade balance are building up gold reserves for over a decade now.   It is a thing in limited supply despite industrial progress in mining so it does take some time.   I've read that China is the worlds largest producer now and also likely the world largest purchaser of gold since China does not export gold that would be the fairly straight forward conclusion.

I see it like an iceberg situation, its in plain view the open appreciation of gold and its concealed just to extent of what is happening.  Hard to describe what is not stated openly, relative to trade Dollar is over valued its become part of global currency flows.  Obviously just by itself its value would be more correct and far lower, you can then by that measure say gold would be a higher price.   China does not want to openly declare or raise gold price while buying such large amounts, they also purchase gold mines taking ownership of assets in ground.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Love!

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:31:58 AM

It looks like I just found a new economics advisor. I have never heard of Armstrong before, thank you for bringing him to my attention.

I like the history lesson in the last link of the OP. Very interesting.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:29:42 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2017, 01:39:16 AM by r0ach

No, "cryptocurrency" is not going to take over anything like Sidhujag claims.  Even if you wanted it to (which is a horrible idea), it's far too early in it's evolution with garbage scalability to deal with a kind of imminent world banking collapse problem.  It would be like asking an engineer from the year 1700 to design a moon capsule.  Physical currency is also a basic human right if there ever was one like the right to defend yourself, so unless they can bring in total oppressive world govt, people are going to be using physical money in some way and never just digital only.  You honestly need to be flat out stupid to want a digital only currency since you'll always be at the mercy of whoever runs it, and someone will always run it unlike metals.
Gold is a weaker form of money than crypto. The market already realizes this. The problem with you gold bugs is that you do not evolve since you hold positions you cannot see the evolution that is taking place. You have to be flat out stupid to claim gold is a better form of money over crypto. Gold is not even better than fiat. Current fiat took over gold remember. Having physical representation is easy once the systems are in place to prove ownership. You have to think outside the box pinky.

You need to stop flat out lying.  It's completely impossible for you to not know bitcoin has solved zero problems whatsoever concerning money.  It doesn't solve byzantine generals, it has no Nash equilibrium, it's full of counter party risk, it's designed to centralize, doesn't scale, not fungible, not a store of value, etc.  Hence it's zero competition to gold and silver in current state.  You don't get to make believe that all these problems, which most are unsolvable, will magically be fixed someday in the future and claim bitcoin is better than metals.  Bitcoin in current form is literally trash compared to gold and silver.  

It's a linked list with a get rich quick scheme built on top of it, nothing more, nothing less.  Everything about it is completely arbitrary in nature.  It does not isolate any type of problem and solve it in an objective manner.  It's a Rube Goldberg machine.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: