Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:35:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 373 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin Armstrong Discussion  (Read 646770 times)
s29

Activity: 184
Merit: 8

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 11:33:59 AM
Last edit: September 22, 2019, 09:34:24 PM by s29

Priceless!  Yet sadly pathetic and true... How can anyone be fooled by this con?

Now, let me expand on his made-up letters since you broght it up and some others mentioned them elsewhere http://www.informedtrades.com/showthread.php?t=1341538&page=7. All those letters could be broken down into three main categories:

-snip-

LMAO, golden  Cheesy Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
September 22, 2019, 12:07:11 PM

Priceless!  Yet sadly pathetic and true... How can anyone be fooled by this con?

-snip-

Haha yeah.
Mentioned it also this year:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082909.msg50057959#msg50057959, so read comments on those pages also, incredible.

Still same templates, weird.
s29

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 11:42:33 AM
Last edit: September 23, 2019, 01:12:10 PM by s29

Just as we speaking here about the "insane fanmail" Armstrong gets, he posted this one:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/armstrongeconomics101/training-tools/we-all-have-a-little-bubbles/

We All Have Little Bubbles
Blog/Training Tools
Posted Sep 23, 2019 by Martin Armstrong

COMMENT: Marty, I love you Man! I was sitting in my office back in April of 2005, reading the WSJ. There was a story where Greenspan declared he would begin raising rates. I was, “thinking out loud” when I said, “Oh Shit!?!?”. The fellow I shared the office with asked, “What’s wrong?”. I proceeded to explain that there would be a crisis (2008/2009). I think the DJIA was somewhere around 7000, then it went to 14000. If only I knew you back then. The first time I read one of your emails where you pointed out that the market goes up when rates go up, I finally got it, almost like a religious conversion, like Paul on the road to Damascus. Rates go up = my bond values go down, so I sell my bonds to end/limit my losses, and I park/invest in stocks. Do I have that right? Dude, you are so right on. When anybody criticizes you, just say “FTB” (Forget That Bitch) or FTSB (Forget Those Stoopid Bitches) or FTBS (Forget That Bull Shit) or just say all of it. Evidently some University did a study about using foul language, they concluded it lowers the pain by up to 30%. It kills me, this just happened, just ten years ago, and people want to argue with you, can’t they simply remember? (Ask a stupid question). You have helped me figure out a ton of stuff,

THANK YOU!!!

God Bless You My Great Brother!!!

REPLY: I don’t angry. I just consider the source. As they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink. Some people just cannot see outside their little bubble. It is like a trader who cannot understand the thinking process of a non-trader, and likewise the non-trader cannot understand the actions of a trader. Then there is the institutional trader. He has to answer to a board that has no concept of trading and they are supposed to oversee the trading division. They cannot say, “Look, the reversals were elected, the oscillators flipped, or you broke technical resistance or support.” They have to say some logical fundamental explanation to offer the board and then everything is OK.

We all have a little bubble. The most important thing is to ALWAYS try to understand the thinking process of the other groups. I always wrote for just institutions. I have made an effort to try to see the world from the non-trader or professional position in order to be able to write for an audience that does not look at the world from either a trader or institutional pair of eyes.

Armstrong's answer: "I don't angry" What? Was he perhaps mentally exhausted from writing the fanmail? Cheesy
AnonymousCoder

Activity: 580
Merit: 17

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 12:12:29 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:23:35 PM by AnonymousCoder

Institutional Services

Just as we speaking here about the "insane fanmail" Armstrong gets, he posted this one:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/armstrongeconomics101/training-tools/we-all-have-a-little-bubbles/

We All Have Little Bubbles
Blog/Training Tools
Posted Sep 23, 2019 by Martin Armstrong

COMMENT: Marty, I love you Man! I was sitting in my office back in April of 2005, reading the WSJ. There was a story where Greenspan declared he would begin raising rates. I was, ?thinking out loud? when I said, ?Oh Shit!?!??. The fellow I shared the office with asked, ?What?s wrong??. I proceeded to explain that there would be a crisis (2008/2009). I think the DJIA was somewhere around 7000, then it went to 14000. If only I knew you back then. The first time I read one of your emails where you pointed out that the market goes up when rates go up, I finally got it, almost like a religious conversion, like Paul on the road to Damascus. Rates go up = my bond values go down, so I sell my bonds to end/limit my losses, and I park/invest in stocks. Do I have that right? Dude, you are so right on. When anybody criticizes you, just say ?FTB? (Forget That Bitch) or FTSB (Forget Those Stoopid Bitches) or FTBS (Forget That Bull Shit) or just say all of it. Evidently some University did a study about using foul language, they concluded it lowers the pain by up to 30%. It kills me, this just happened, just ten years ago, and people want to argue with you, can?t they simply remember? (Ask a stupid question). You have helped me figure out a ton of stuff,

THANK YOU!!!

God Bless You My Great Brother!!!

REPLY: I don?t angry. I just consider the source. As they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink. Some people just cannot see outside their little bubble. It is like a trader who cannot understand the thinking process of a non-trader, and likewise the non-trader cannot understand the actions of a trader. Then there is the institutional trader. He has to answer to a board that has no concept of trading and they are supposed to oversee the trading division. They cannot say, ?Look, the reversals were elected, the oscillators flipped, or you broke technical resistance or support.? They have to say some logical fundamental explanation to offer the board and then everything is OK.

We all have a little bubble. The most important thing is to ALWAYS try to understand the thinking process of the other groups. I always wrote for just institutions. I have made an effort to try to see the world from the non-trader or professional position in order to be able to write for an audience that does not look at the world from either a trader or institutional pair of eyes.

Armstrong's answer: "I don't angry" What? Was he perhaps mentally exhausted from writing the fanmail? Cheesy

A person providing Institutional Services does not post like that. Never.

Conclusion: Martin Armstrong cannot have institutions as clients.

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

Read this blog starting here to find out more about computerized fraud.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.

Every single defrauded person should report their case, see Where and how to complain

MTL4

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 01:09:41 PM

Here's another overlay for an array that MA posted not long ago so I'm curious to see if any of it actually has any merit.  I put the white lines in where I would expected to see something happen on the array (but hindsight obviously doesn't count) so let's see if the beginning of the year actually does anything for the GBP or not.  My white lines are based on the long-term cycle he shows on his arrays.  Since the cycles are ramping up then the peaks should fall right at the end of each.

https://imgur.com/ELC0ayK
s29

View Profile
September 23, 2019, 08:10:08 PM

Institutional Services

Just as we speaking here about the "insane fanmail" Armstrong gets, he just posted this one:

A person providing Institutional Services does not post like that. Never.

Conclusion: Martin Armstrong cannot have institutions as clients.

Read this blog starting at page 273 to find out more about computerized fraud

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog

I wouldn't be surprised if Armstrong developed schizophrenia in prison.

WebMD:

Late-Onset Schizophrenia

Schizophrenia can develop later in life. Late-onset schizophrenia is diagnosed after the person is 45. People who have it are more likely to have symptoms like delusions and hallucinations. They’re less like to have negative symptoms, disorganized thoughts, impaired learning, or trouble understanding information.

Doctors think genetics may be to blame, just as it is with early-onset schizophrenia. They also think late onset might be a subtype that doesn’t affect the person until the right trigger appears. People with cognitive, vision, or hearing problems, or those who are suspicious, isolated, or reclusive may be more likely to get it.

Wiki:

People with schizophrenia may experience hallucinations (most reported are hearing voices), delusions (often bizarre or persecutory in nature), and disorganized thinking and speech.

There has to be an explanation why Armstrong has so many delusional thoughts, all the disorganized writing, constantly brags, the scamming of investors, and is simply outright lying about a lot of things. Maybe he really thinks he gets these fanmails; but in reality it's just another persona of him. Also the complete shamelessness about not making any excuses whatsoever about wrong predictions is very weird.
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
September 24, 2019, 11:01:56 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:23:27 PM by AnonymousCoder

There has to be an explanation why Armstrong has so many delusional thoughts, all the disorganized writing, constantly brags, the scamming of investors, and is simply outright lying about a lot of things. Maybe he really thinks he gets these fanmails; but in reality it's just another persona of him. Also the complete shamelessness about not making any excuses whatsoever about wrong predictions is very weird.

Interesting question, like asking why can a person with so many behavioral defects exist?

I would expand this question with:

And why can such a person have any followers who are not ashamed to be seen on one of his conferences?

Let me try to construct a logical response. It is an attempt. Using supply and demand as drivers.

There is a demand from lazy people with low IQ and bad memory retention to get easy answers to most of their questions. They want to have their questions answered without own research, by someone, ideally a single source, as to not to get too confused. There is no doubt that there is a high number of these people.

Martin Armstrong has a demand for a lot of money, but he can no longer tap into the rich resources of large investors after he has been convicted of defrauding them.

So he constructs a system which taps into a large number of these low IQ people so he gets his reward from large quantity times small amount equals large amount which he is demanding.

He uses the same skills as before like showboating such as pretending that he has the capacity to advise large clients , and pretending he has a knowledge of Physics, History, ... you name it, as to instill confidence in his new low IQ clients. In a way he has to demonstrate somehow that he is an expert in all those fields that would be too many and too much to handle for the low IQ people.

Then he develops Socrates. This is a machine that generates money via subscription by providing answers to questions. These answers are by nature ambiguous, otherwise they could be proven false even by low IQ people too easily.

The low IQ people look at the answers one at the time, not too many per time unit, because they have to pay for them. If the answer is wrong, they ask for support. Support tells them they looked at the wrong answer, and the low IQ person is embarrassed, not telling other low IQ people about their own mistake.

The other low IQ person who happened to look at the right answer thinks that Marin Armstrong is a hero and brags about it loud, which attracts more low IQ people to subscribe and find easy answers.

Any behavioral defect fits nicely into the scheme explained above, with the single purpose of keeping this scheme going. It is not rooted in a clinical condition. It is driven by demand and supply.

Martin Armstrong is a charlatan, and he spent 11 years in jail for that reason but he has not changed.

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog.

Every single defrauded person should report their case, see Where and how to complain

Alex-11

Activity: 133

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2019, 08:34:44 AM

There is a demand from lazy people with low IQ and bad memory

yeah, and you seem to be one of those lazy person with low IQ and bad memory because you did follow MA for 10 or 15 years.

Also Nigel Farage (appeared on his WEC recently) and the german filmmaker of "The Forecaster"  , along with all the traders that appeared in the film must have low IQ.
s29

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 11:18:32 AM

Also Nigel Farage (appeared on his WEC recently) and the german filmmaker of "The Forecaster"  , along with all the traders that appeared in the film must have low IQ.

Armstrong is pro-Brexit and anti-EU, why would Farage care about anything else? It fits nicely into his political views.

And filmmakers just want viewers. Why would they care is Armstrong is a scam or not, if he's popular, and generates views.
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 11:28:38 AM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:23:20 PM by AnonymousCoder

yeah, and you seem to be one of those lazy person with low IQ and bad memory because you did follow MA for 10 or 15 years.

Also Nigel Farage (appeared on his WEC recently) and the german filmmaker of "The Forecaster" ?, along with all the traders that appeared in the film must have low IQ.

Good to see you back. Are you getting paid to post here?

Gumbi
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 03:55:28 PM

@Alex-11

Socrates is so simple to use I find it hard to believe people can't see how accurate it is. The real difficulty is keeping your emotions in check. if you simply play it by the reversals and only enter on a closing basis with the understanding that  the election of a reversal implies a move to the next and so on, we had a perfect move recently where the Dow elected 2 weekly bullish reversals on the 26th of August but we closed more than 1% above, we then retested the reversals with one at 26053, and the next weekly bullish reversal was at 26368 which the market tested 2 weeks later but failed to elect implying a retest of support.

I was thinking IQ may not be so important since the computer is almost doing everything for you telling whether to buy or sell if one of its price targets is elected. In fact socrates is very black and white regarding the reversal system there can be no ambiguity. so basically it comes down to emotional IQ that is the key when using this system.

As Armstrong has said the majority is always wrong that is the fuel that drives the markets so it should come as no surprise that the majority think socrates is a scam, and we need fools on the other side of the market in order to trade against them.
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 04:33:13 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:23:12 PM by AnonymousCoder

... , we had a perfect move recently where the Dow elected 2 weekly bullish reversals on the 26th of August but we closed more than 1% above, we then retested the reversals with one at 26053, and the next weekly bullish reversal was at 26368 which the market tested 2 weeks later but failed to elect implying a retest of support.

Yawn. Hindsight.

This has been discussed here ad nauseam. You have been asked to provide real time trades and you failed - lost.

Perfect what? Picking any successful trades out of a mix of losers and winners is a bad joke.

What does it tell us? That this cherry picking is your standard operating mode. It is a scam. Caught.

Indyz

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 04:52:24 PM

To be fair, Armstrong is just doing what the Fed and whoever controls the Fed is doing. Fraud and ponzi schemes foisted on the unsuspecting herd.

Roll Eyes
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 09:20:08 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:23:04 PM by AnonymousCoder

As Armstrong has said the majority is always wrong that is the fuel that drives the markets so it should come as no surprise that the majority think socrates is a scam, and we need fools on the other side of the market in order to trade against them.

So we are at the stage where the fact that the majority thinks it is a scam, that fact would be an endorsement of Socrates.

In fact, I have been trading against the Socrates users recently. Should have losses according to Gumbi. No!. Nice profits. Bought the lows and sold the highs. Usually, being a trend following system of old age, Socrates buys the highs and sells the lows, as Gumbi demonstrates in this post.

There is so much bullshit in this post that it needs multiple responses.

AnonymousCoder

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 09:29:58 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:22:57 PM by AnonymousCoder

In fact socrates is very black and white regarding the reversal system there can be no ambiguity. so basically it comes down to emotional IQ that is the key when using this system.

The Socrates system is full of ambiguities. Socrates provides no conclusion from the multitude of conflicting trading signals it provides:

See Socrates Technical Analysis Prediction Magic

Talking about ambiguity, you can read there about a case where this moron Gumbi who is paid by Armstrong or is Armstrong himself advises to ignore the election of a reversal, elected within 1% rule, and then trade another reversal that was NOT elected. This is sheer madness.

Calling this an computer system is already a joke, because a computer system would know the rules and calculate the result from the multitude of conflicting signals.

This contraption looks more like a bunch of pocket calculators.

Gumbi
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 11:14:04 PM

In fact socrates is very black and white regarding the reversal system there can be no ambiguity. so basically it comes down to emotional IQ that is the key when using this system.

The Socrates system is full of ambiguities. Socrates provides no conclusion from the multitude of conflicting trading signals it provides:

See Socrates Technical Analysis Prediction Magic

Talking about ambiguity, you can read there about a case where this moron Gumbi who is paid by Armstrong or is Armstrong himself advises to ignore the election of a reversal, elected within 1% rule, and then trade another reversal that was NOT elected. This is sheer madness.

Calling this an computer system is already a joke, because a computer system would know the rules and calculate the result from the multitude of conflicting signals.

This contraption looks more like a bunch of pocket calculators.

Read this blog starting at page 273 to find out more about computerized fraud

See armstrongecmscam.blogspot.com for a more compact view of major findings posted in this blog

why so antagonistic, are you always this emotional?

This system is very simple but you have no idea how it works, regarding trading a reversal that was not elected, all four reversals need to be elected to change the trend, this is where we elected the 3rd bearish reversal but held the fourth.
AnonymousCoder

View Profile
September 25, 2019, 11:46:40 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:22:49 PM by AnonymousCoder

Socrates the Schizophrenic System

This system is very simple but you have no idea how it works, regarding trading a reversal that was not elected, all four reversals need to be elected to change the trend, this is where we elected the 3rd bearish reversal but held the fourth.

You are omitting the fact that a reversal was indeed elected, and in hindsight you advised not to trade that elected reversal even while the 1% rule was satisfied. Nobody can trade this. Nobody. Nobody can be advised to trade against the rules. This is schizophrenic.

ok, you are adding another dimension of ambiguity, another back door for you to say that Socrates is always right.

Thanks for that. I will add this to the list.

If there was even a shred of truth in what you write, i.e. the system being simple, then the computer would figure it out. Definitely. If it was that simple, then even your MS-DOS computer would provide the answer as part of its analysis.

What we see here is that Armstrong makes the rules up as he goes, in hindsight. Ah, suddenly the system is no longer simple!

Unfortunately, nobody can write a computer program that follows rules that are set in the future, from case to case, and that is why Armstrong has to spend the time to respond do me, which is very inefficient in its own right. He would not have to write this if the computer had not given the wrong answer.

So it is a system that exists only in Martin Armstrong's head, and even he was not able to write a computer program that reflects the rules in this weird system. It is a schizophrenic system.

s29

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 02:50:46 PM

Here Marty goes again bragging shamelessly:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/armstrongeconomics101/economics/liquidity-crisis-2/

Liquidity Crisis
Blog/Economics
Posted Sep 25, 2019 by Martin Armstrong

COMMENT: Marty, you have made many unbelievable forecasts in so many markets around the world. But your forecast that we would see a liquidity crisis after Labor Day and dollar hoarding is at the top of the list. There is nobody who saw this coming. Your computer can see things nobody can. Looking forward to Orlando this year. Two more board members are coming because of this forecast.

Amazing!

PVB

The problem is, he never made the "liquidity crisis after Labor Day"-forecast Cheesy Shocked
s29

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 02:56:36 PM

Armstrong says the world is falling apart:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/future-forecasts/ecm/our-risk-assessment-meter-is-now-in-orange-alert/

Our Risk Assessment Meter is Now on Orange Alert
Blog/ECM
Posted Sep 26, 2019 by Martin Armstrong

There is a clear rising risk factor emerging from both politics and geopolitics as we move into the January turning point on the Economic Confidence Model. As the economy turns down and as we head into the 2020 presidential elections in the United States, we are facing rising risk factors on many fronts. The Democrats bashed Russia over the 2016 elections, blaming them for releasing Democratic emails that revealed the extent of their corruption. This has increased the tensions with Russia, rekindled the Cold War, and placed us at a far greater risk of war than at any time post-Vietnam.

There is pressure from the neo-cons to go to war with Iran. Iran has boasted that Saudi Arabia is willing fight to the death of every last American soldier.

But how does that rhyme with the Economic Surprise Index surging lately? Roll Eyes

AnonymousCoder

View Profile
September 26, 2019, 03:42:21 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2021, 06:22:41 PM by AnonymousCoder

Armstrong says the world is falling apart:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/future-forecasts/ecm/our-risk-assessment-meter-is-now-in-orange-alert/

Our Risk Assessment Meter is Now on Orange Alert
Blog/ECM
Posted Sep 26, 2019 by Martin Armstrong

There is a clear rising risk factor emerging from both politics and geopolitics as we move into the January turning point on the Economic Confidence Model. As the economy turns down and as we head into the 2020 presidential elections in the United States, we are facing rising risk factors on many fronts. The Democrats bashed Russia over the 2016 elections, blaming them for releasing Democratic emails that revealed the extent of their corruption. This has increased the tensions with Russia, rekindled the Cold War, and placed us at a far greater risk of war than at any time post-Vietnam.

There is pressure from the neo-cons to go to war with Iran. Iran has boasted that Saudi Arabia is willing fight to the death of every last American soldier.

But how does that rhyme with the Economic Surprise Index surging lately? Roll Eyes

Good point. But actually ...

Is this is because too many people are still reading armstrongeconomics.com Huh

We are doing our best here to change that.

Pages: « 1 ... 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 [296] 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 ... 373 »
  Print  

Jump to: