Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:57:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012-09-10 dgcmagazine.com - Wrestling with Bitcoin. Why even hard-core goldbugs  (Read 2209 times)
julz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 10:28:19 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2012, 11:30:03 AM by julz

Wrestling with Bitcoin. Why even hard-core goldbugs should respect and support cryptocurrencies.

Julia Dixon
2012-09-10

http://www.dgcmagazine.com/wrestling-with-bitcoin-why-even-hard-core-goldbugs-should-respect-and-support-cryptocurrencies/

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting you sell your gold for Bitcoins. What I’m saying is although they may not realize it, Bitcoin is a goldbugs friend. It has a real chance of changing the way the average person thinks about money and that is good news for anyone who is not a fan of fiat.

The decentralized nature of cryptocurrencies make them flexible and difficult to regulate. But what is most important about Bitcoin, is its ability to get people to think about money differently. It has the ability to draw the average Joe into the world of alternative currencies. And as such, any enemy of fiat should be a friend of Bitcoin.

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Technomage
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 10:43:58 AM

That is a good article and a very important article as well. Maybe goldbugs are finally starting to get Bitcoin.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 10:51:05 AM

Great piece. I expect to see more like this and fewer of the "Eww! Hacker money!" types of articles as this experiment continues.
bitsire

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:21:55 AM

Excellent article! I've been looking for something exactly like this to send to people who are just getting interested in Bitcoin - this fits the bill perfectly.
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 12:11:50 PM

Articles in general are getting better and better. They are becoming more accurate and fair. And best of all - positive!

I guess this is excellent sign.
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 01:31:01 PM

Very good article, thanks for sharing!

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:00:48 PM

After reading article I felt like the tide is finally turning.  Bitcoin going mainstream is becoming closer.
beckspace

Activity: 931
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:31:10 PM

Articles in general are getting better and better. They are becoming more accurate and fair. And best of all - positive!

I guess this is excellent sign.

Looks like it's getting easier to explain Bitcoin. Amazing.

From the article:

But what is most important about Bitcoin, is its ability to get people to think about money differently.
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 07:00:04 PM

That is a good article and a very important article as well. Maybe goldbugs are finally starting to get Bitcoin.

Just wait, there is a great interview on Bitcoin coming out in the next week or two that is going to stir up all types of discussion in the goldbug niche.

The-Real-Link

Activity: 533

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:42:48 PM

Great article!  Agreed that it's nice to see even more positive news lately.

Oh Loaded, who art up in Mt. Gox, hallowed be thy name!  Thy dollars rain, thy will be done, on BTCUSD.  Give us this day our daily 10% 30%, and forgive the bears, as we have bought their bitcoins.  And lead us into quadruple digits
World

Activity: 743

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 09:16:58 PM

People who write dgcmagazine.com should write for the Bitcoin Magazine the are Professionals.

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 09:38:41 PM

Because Bitcoin has not been aligned with any particular political philosophy, it is free to be loved by conservative anti-Fed guys, the bankster hating ‘occupy’ crowd, and libertarian hippies alike. Anyone who is holding a grudge against banks or government can get a chuckle out of using Bitcoin…and that’s a LOT of people!

I am all 3 (or is it 4?) of those people!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
██████