Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:59:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DB.RCLMR] DeepBit "Reclaimer" ASICs  (Read 46355 times)
mtminer

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:28:04 PM

No word on date availability, can we expect this to ship before 2015 ?
We expect this to ship somewhere around first half of 03.2013
I'll post additional notice on shipping dates after prototype tests.

When do you expect to be testing the prototype?

On the larger device how expandable is it?

What kind of computer will the larger device have embed? X86, ARM?

Excited to see more vendor choices for ASICS.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nave
Donator

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 02:12:53 PM

Another claim of ASIC with no proof of anything shown that is taking pre-PURCHASE (not pre-order, there is a difference) far in advance of any  deliverable hardware. Great. I'm so excited, please take all my money.

The Custom Hardware section is starting to remind me of another section of these forums where some guy found a way to get tons of people to throw coins at him. Then other people saw what he was doing, and decided to do the same thing, so they could get coins thrown at them. Look how that worked out.

I'm not saying anyone is intentionally misleading customers (although it is completely possible), but if you are handing someone money for a device that may exist sometime in the future then you are letting them take advantage of you. You're taking the risk for their business, and they will be making the profit off of you (twice). You're an investor that is getting a negative return on your investment for months (years?) until this hardware gets delivered. You are being blinded by your greed. Look how that worked out for all the people in the long-term investments subforum.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 02:34:29 PM

Another claim of ASIC with no proof of anything shown that is taking pre-PURCHASE (not pre-order, there is a difference) far in advance of any  deliverable hardware. Great. I'm so excited, please take all my money.

The Custom Hardware section is starting to remind me of another section of these forums where some guy found a way to get tons of people to throw coins at him. Then other people saw what he was doing, and decided to do the same thing, so they could get coins thrown at them. Look how that worked out.

I'm not saying anyone is intentionally misleading customers (although it is completely possible), but if you are handing someone money for a device that may exist sometime in the future then you are letting them take advantage of you. You're taking the risk for their business, and they will be making the profit off of you (twice). You're an investor that is getting a negative return on your investment for months (years?) until this hardware gets delivered. You are being blinded by your greed. Look how that worked out for all the people in the long-term investments subforum.

You should take a close look at kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/. Its much the same "business model" as you are commenting on. Customers fit the bill for development and manufacturing @ 0% and then get promised product at a offered rate.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 04:03:33 PM

FUD. All 3 instances have been well known and highly established members of the Bitcoin community. BFL has a very consistent track record for delivery excellent products, tho not without their fair share of faults. Tom and his MMQ have been very successful in selling FPGAs, and that is expected to translate well into the bASIC. And finally Deepbit is one of the largest pools, and got that way for a reason. I dare you to pick a better set of 3 companies to pre-sell ASICs.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 05:36:53 PM

Interesting they don't have any bitcoin things but indiegogo does:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects?utf8=%E2%9C%93&filter_text=bitcoin&search_submit=Search

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
nave
Donator

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 07:39:29 PM

You should take a close look at kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/. Its much the same "business model" as you are commenting on. Customers fit the bill for development and manufacturing @ 0% and then get promised product at a offered rate.

I have, and I'm not fond of it. Although what it does a lot better (in most circumstances, as the rewards are dictated by the company) is reward people for early adoption. For example the price you pay will often be less than the retail price for the product you're kickstarting, and you will often get other bonuses that retail customers will not get. It doesn't make up for the negatives, and I think kickstarter should be limited to startups and individuals. I really don't like it when I see established companies looking for funding for their next product on kickstarter, I feel those are the worst examples of what I described.
nave
Donator

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 07:45:32 PM

FUD. All 3 instances have been well known and highly established members of the Bitcoin community. BFL has a very consistent track record for delivery excellent products, tho not without their fair share of faults. Tom and his MMQ have been very successful in selling FPGAs, and that is expected to translate well into the bASIC. And finally Deepbit is one of the largest pools, and got that way for a reason. I dare you to pick a better set of 3 companies to pre-sell ASICs.

I have no objections to the claim that what I said is FUD.

I am absolutely afraid to give someone who isn't publicly identified and does not have a working product or prototype they're willing to share thousands of dollars.

I am absolutely uncertain that all these companies will not only have the technical expertise to design and implement such a complex device, but will do so in a timely manner.

I completely doubt that these companies have my best interests at heart while they're holding onto thousands of dollars of my money with no strings attached.

As far as companies I'd trust more - any company that would be willing to take pre-orders, and not require me to give them thousands of dollars to sit in an imaginary line waiting for imaginary hardware. Enterpoint comes to mind, the way they handled the Cairnsmore1 development and release was magnificent compared to most other developers of similar hardware. I don't want anyone to stop offering this hardware, I would love to have an ASIC device for mining. What I want to stop are these poor and greedy business practices of taking money up front to (hopefully - with no transparency how can we know?) fund development costs.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 07:51:34 PM

Enterpoint comes to mind, the way they handled the Cairnsmore1 development and release was magnificent compared to most other developers of similar hardware.
Is that the one that just recently got a working bitstream > 800MH/s?

nave
Donator

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 07:58:56 PM

Enterpoint comes to mind, the way they handled the Cairnsmore1 development and release was magnificent compared to most other developers of similar hardware.

If by "just recently" you mean over a month ago, then yes. Also they're the ones that had the hardware at my door two days after I made my payment. They handle their business.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 08:01:25 PM

If by "just recently" you mean over a month ago, then yes. Also they're the ones that had the hardware at my door two days after I made my payment. They handle their business.
Their shipping times are very good then! But answer me this: how many days after you got your product before you could mine at > 800Mh/s?

nave
Donator

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 08:06:04 PM

Their shipping times are very good then! But answer me this: how many days after you got your product before you could mine at > 800Mh/s?

I was mining at around 750Mh/s within 3 days, and I've been mining > 800Mh/s for a month or more I believe. I didn't mark my calendar. It's not perfect, but I don't expect perfection from every company I deal with. I just would like the companies to not want my money for months so they can make a product I may or may not see at some point in the future.
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 08:51:12 PM

I was mining at around 750Mh/s within 3 days, and I've been mining > 800Mh/s for a month or more I believe. I didn't mark my calendar. It's not perfect, but I don't expect perfection from every company I deal with. I just would like the companies to not want my money for months so they can make a product I may or may not see at some point in the future.
Ah then you were lucky then. Some of the earlier units waited months for a working bitstream, IIRC.

salty

Activity: 562

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 11:57:59 PM

Ah then you were lucky then. Some of the earlier units waited months for a working bitstream, IIRC.

Not true. I was watching Enterpoint's thread quite closely and I think the bitstreams Enterpoint made available on their website at the time provided around 200-400mh/s, so the cairnsmore board was still earning BTC for early owners during development.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:45:09 PM

How very interesting, he announced this in ~December of 2011 on IRC, and then a bit later swore that no such thing existed. Does it take that long to design?

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
DeepBit
Donator

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

We have cookies

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2012, 07:55:26 PM

How very interesting, he announced this in ~December of 2011 on IRC, and then a bit later swore that no such thing existed. Does it take that long to design?
I don't remember saying that this this never existed. Can you provide a quote ?

Yes, the project was started almost a year ago, but it was far from actual IC design stage.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net ~ 3600 GH/s, Both payment schemes, instant payout, no invalid blocks !
Coming soon: ICBIT Trading platform
hahahafr

Activity: 938

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:20:11 AM

Your icbit.se site is a total fail. Unusable, try again.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
DeepBit
Donator

Activity: 532

We have cookies

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 08:50:06 PM

Looks like someone posted wrong info in the bitcoin wiki, so I should make things clear.
1 bond doesn't represents 1 GH/s, rather 80 USD of listed price.

So Reclaimer One costs 4 bonds for 4 GH/s and Reclaimer RM costs 35 bonds for 80 GH/s.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net ~ 3600 GH/s, Both payment schemes, instant payout, no invalid blocks !
Coming soon: ICBIT Trading platform
Joshwaa

Activity: 497
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2012, 01:27:27 AM

What ever happened to these?

Like what I said : 1JosHWaA2GywdZo9pmGLNJ5XSt8j7nzNiF
Don't like what I said : 1FuckU1u89U9nBKQu4rCHz16uF4RhpSTV
kwoody

Activity: 454
Merit: 250