Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:42:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm a complete n00b, and I love Bitcoin already  (Read 1040 times)
nobbynobbynoob (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 05:59:55 PM

Hi bitcoiners, miners and other like-minded geeks and junkies!

This is my very first n00b post here so I'd better make something of it. Smiley

I loves me some bitcoin! I kind of regret not having paid it serious attention much sooner when you could bag a bunch of bitcoins for peanuts in paper $, but so be it. Even at current market prices one could still say it's early days and it's certainly never too late to get into something this ingenious and revolutionary.

I have some work background variously as a lackey in in$urance and financial services, as well as being a private investor, or gambler if we're being more accurate. Smiley I also find a great deal of interest, especially in these troubled times, in economics, austrolibertarianism, civil-liberties issues and sound money. Well, one thing is clear: Bitcoin is sound money. It's a virtual gold, and in some ways is even better than gold.

As only a low-level geek and not high-class programmer or Satoshi type, I've got a lot to learn but I haven't been excited about anything in life for a good deal of time until now. Bitcoin looks to offer incredible (potential) opportunities for investment, speculation and mining and I'm a Believer. I even plan on attending next weekend's convention in London and hope to learn more, not only about Bitcoin but also experts' thoughts.

I look very much forward to reading and contributing further on these forums. I don't think the newbie-restriction idea is that bad, honestly. It's good to lurk and get a feel for the forums before jumping in and posting, anyway.

Regards

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 06:15:08 PM

0.5 BTC for nice first post!

Looks like i am in a super good mood today haha : )
nobbynobbynoob (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 06:43:53 PM

Thank you soooo much, minimalB! That is a very generous warm welcome!  Cool *handshake*

BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
gbl08ma

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

Donations: http://tny.im/nx

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 06:47:53 PM

Thanks for reminding me there are still rich but honest people in the Bitcoin world... is it? Grin

Monkey1

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:14:42 PM

Makes me wish I paid more attention to my first post!

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
SuperHakka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:17:56 PM

Even though I first heard of bitcoins a long time ago, I never followed it until last week. If I had been paying attention when it dropped to $2 I would have bought as many as I could. C'est La Vie.

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
nobbynobbynoob (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 07:26:21 PM

Even though I first heard of bitcoins a long time ago, I never followed it until last week. If I had been paying attention when it dropped to $2 I would have bought as many as I could. C'est La Vie.

If only we had known about them in 2009 and picked up a bunch (exchange or mining) at 7 cents each...

Spenzert

Activity: 142

Hello there!

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 07:28:51 PM

Welcome nobby, have fun! Wink

BTC: 1SpzM1yPu8SKPnr5zjn7ptXWGKFNywcoi | LTC: Lcz5RHPcxcrp63k1HNbAQUTQkUWon2RoMr
PGP/GPG Key
SuperHakka

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:34:34 PM

If only we had known about them in 2009 and picked up a bunch (exchange or mining) at 7 cents each...
Yeah, my plan now is to buy small chunks whenever I can on a regular basis while the price is steady and then buy more if the price suddenly dips. Sort of like dollar cost averaging or it be bitcoin cost averaging in this case Smiley

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
deathsythe

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 08:41:52 PM

Amen to that brother. Sad
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 08:54:02 PM

I loves me some bitcoin! I kind of regret not having paid it serious attention much sooner when you could bag a bunch of bitcoins for peanuts in paper $, but so be it. Even at current market prices one could still say it's early days and it's certainly never too late to get into something this ingenious and revolutionary.

I have some work background variously as a lackey in in$urance and financial services, as well as being a private investor, or gambler if we're being more accurate. Smiley I also find a great deal of interest, especially in these troubled times, in economics, austrolibertarianism, civil-liberties issues and sound money. Well, one thing is clear: Bitcoin is sound money. It's a virtual gold, and in some ways is even better than gold.

As only a low-level geek and not high-class programmer or Satoshi type, I've got a lot to learn but I haven't been excited about anything in life for a good deal of time until now. Bitcoin looks to offer incredible (potential) opportunities for investment, speculation and mining and I'm a Believer. I even plan on attending next weekend's convention in London and hope to learn more, not only about Bitcoin but also experts' thoughts.

I look very much forward to reading and contributing further on these forums. I don't think the newbie-restriction idea is that bad, honestly. It's good to lurk and get a feel for the forums before jumping in and posting, anyway.

Regards

Great post, wish I introduced myself properly when first joined this community, coins to you for doing it.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
nobbynobbynoob (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 09:12:03 PM

Great post, wish I introduced myself properly when first joined this community, coins to you for doing it.

Thank you so much! Smiley *handshake*

bitprotection

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 09:16:49 PM

Welcome dude! best community on the internet right now despite some drama lol

Working on protecting the community!
nobbynobbynoob (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2017, 08:57:11 PM

God, I love a bit of nostalgic reminiscence.

Still hodlin'. Grin

minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:09:04 PM

God, I love a bit of nostalgic reminiscence.

Still hodlin'. Grin

Still have my tip? Good for you, hodler! : D
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 12:34:18 AM

I loves me some bitcoin! I kind of regret not having paid it serious attention much sooner
Like we all after we know how price sky-rocketed. This is reward for people investing where there were uncertain times for bitcoin. Now all looking bright, not always was like this. Look this way, its easier to live with Smiley.
I would recommend you bitcoin documentaries for example Rise and rise of Bitcoin. It was free, not sure now, but its fun and easy way to learn about bitcoin Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: