Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:14:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Public Information: CPA's inner assets are worth at least .07 BTC per share.  (Read 795 times)
Atlas (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 07:04:47 PM

I cite Diablo-D3 for this information along with the asset information for CPA that is available to the members of the board. Consider purchasing CPA after you have done your research.

Disclosure: I own 154 shares of CPA.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
puffn

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 02:01:51 AM

Yes, but the fundamental integrity of the entity that is saying that that is what CPA has is what people are questioning. I have seen no evidence of an external audit done on the account, and therefore have no reason to accept your hypothesis.

Disclosure: I hold 0 shares of cpa.

Looking for safe diversification? YABIF: Good Returns, Low Fees, Low Risk.

GLBSE
Bitcointalk Page

I hold significant interest in
Bitcoin Mining Investments
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 07:56:11 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 08:07:13 AM by Puppet

Without knowing how much of those assets are usagi's very own creatively accounted assets, or other assets that are guaranteed by cpa, this is a meaningless statement even if its true.

For instance, usagi has said CPA holds nyan, last report he mentioned no less than 1400 nyan shares. Nyan trades for 1 BTC (well above nav) only because it mostly holds nyan.a. Nyan.a trades around 1 BTC only because cpa guarantees it. This liability is serious; Nyan is a pretty exposed to obsi.ponzi, DMC and other toxic assets, both directly and through BMF. The actual NAV for nyan.a is around 0.7 if you naively assume last trade price is an accurate reflection of market value,  even for assets for which there are no bids like obsiponzi.

And you have to equally believe usagi's creative accounting. For instance, he is on record saying "A completely fair price for BMF is probably 0.57 BTC per share." BMF is listed on nyan.s balancesheet for 0.513 (BTW, BMFs balancesheet also has Nyan shares on it!). But if you check GLBSE, you see the last trade was at 0.21 and I just calculated BMF nav with the same hopelessly optimistic assumptions as above (BMF also holds Nyan and DMC and obsiponzi)  and I get a NAV of 0.26 per share.

Lastly, and most importantly, CPA is in the business of insuring. CPA insured YARR and when that went south CPA nearly collapsed. I cant make any sense of CPA's financial statements, but even if I could, it doesnt list the contracts, so who knows what will happen when obsi defaults, not only to usagi's own assets, but the assets that he insures that may well be directly or indirectly exposed to it.

Due your own due diligence, but I wouldnt touch this with a 10 foot pole.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: