Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:23:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: You should get Whitelisted if you have to pay the TOR tax  (Read 1036 times)
FunFunnyFan (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 06:26:34 PM

I think that users should not have to wait 360 seconds between posts if they pay the TOR tax. Waiting 360 seconds between posts is suppose to deter spam by brand new users, but so is the proxyban tax.

I think both having the 360 second jail and having to pay the TOR tax is like double taxation without representation.

On a related note, can someone please whitelist this account? Please and thank you
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kanapka

Activity: 818
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 06:45:51 PM

Members that join without proxy ban can't get auto whitelisted by just paying a fee, why proxy banned accounts should have such privilege?

And we still see bad behavior from proxybanned accounts even if they pay fee, so I don't think it would be a good idea give additional privileges to them only because they pay fee.

Some forums just ban accounts made using tor or proxy
FunFunnyFan (OP)

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 06:51:55 PM

Members that join without proxy ban can't get auto whitelisted by just paying a fee, why proxy banned accounts should have such privilege?
Because paying the fee in itself is an anti-spam measure. If someone starts to spam and gets banned with an account they paid a fee on then the money they spent on their fee goes down the drain.

Sure some accounts that pay the proxyban fee cause trouble, however they can simply be banned if they break the rules.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 2078

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 10:19:20 PM

If a users first posts are high quality, he might get whitelisted fast. I do this in my local board since I became moderator.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
FunFunnyFan (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 12:51:21 AM

If a users first posts are high quality, he might get whitelisted fast. I do this in my local board since I became moderator.
My first posts are all high quality. The posts of my main account are high quality.

I don't participate in any of the local subs from my main account though.
catena5260

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:27:51 AM

My first posts are all high quality. The posts of my main account are high quality.

Some mods might think that if they let you go freely you might PM spam people about you account sell.

By the unofficial rules of BTCtalk selling accounts is discouraged. And I think that sell default trust accounts is 100x more discouraged
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 07:15:09 AM

You are a selling an account on DT, thats not high quality, thats just a regular ass trading thread. By that logic any trader that paid a few satoshi should be whitelisted.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
FunFunnyFan (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 07:37:48 AM

You are a selling an account on DT, thats not high quality, thats just a regular ass trading thread. By that logic any trader that paid a few satoshi should be whitelisted.
I paid ~.003 BTC which is no small amount if you ask people in third world countries.

I highly doubt that my main account is on anyone's ignore list, at least not anyone reputable.

If I were to get whitelisted and then start spamming then I would loose out on the .003 BTC which would be lame
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 07:58:18 AM

I paid ~.003 BTC which is no small amount if you ask people in third world countries.

Yes, some people have to make a living off of 60 cents, but I dont see how this is applicable here. You try to sell an DT account for 1000 USD, I dont think you have a problem with a few cents.

I highly doubt that my main account is on anyone's ignore list, at least not anyone reputable.

But you are not asking about your main account to be whitelisted. You said your posts are high quality, my response is: nope they are regular sale posts. Besides, "not beeing on someones ignore list" does not make your posts high(!) quality. It might make them not(!) low quality, but thats true for almost anyone here. So why do you deserve special treatment?

FunFunnyFan (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:54:22 AM

Yes, some people have to make a living off of 60 cents, but I dont see how this is applicable here. You try to sell an DT account for 1000 USD, I dont think you have a problem with a few cents.

But you are not asking about your main account to be whitelisted. You said your posts are high quality, my response is: nope they are regular sale posts. Besides, "not beeing on someones ignore list" does not make your posts high(!) quality. It might make them not(!) low quality, but thats true for almost anyone here. So why do you deserve special treatment?
Try to ingore the fact that I am trying to sell something that you probably don't want me selling. Also please try to ignore my asking price, I will most likely receive significiently less then my asking price.

My point is that me paying the .003 BTC is an anti-spam measure. The 360 jail is also an anti-spam measure. Why should I have to be subject to 2 anti-spam measures (both the tax and the 360 second jail) when others are only subject to one anti-spam measures.

I am paying to keep my identity anon, so I don't see why I should also have to wait a long time between my posts. If I end up breaking the forum rules then I will end up banned and the .003 BTC that I spent will go to waist (plus the various tx fees that I paid and the fees associated with mixing the coins)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 10:32:43 AM

Try to ingore the fact that I am trying to sell something that you probably don't want me selling. Also please try to ignore my asking price, I will most likely receive significiently less then my asking price.

My point is that me paying the .003 BTC is an anti-spam measure. The 360 jail is also an anti-spam measure. Why should I have to be subject to 2 anti-spam measures (both the tax and the 360 second jail) when others are only subject to one anti-spam measures.

I am paying to keep my identity anon, so I don't see why I should also have to wait a long time between my posts. If I end up breaking the forum rules then I will end up banned and the .003 BTC that I spent will go to waist (plus the various tx fees that I paid and the fees associated with mixing the coins)

Waiting time : It's indeed an anti-spam measure for *all* users.

Fee : It only applies for users who register accounts from evil associated IP addresses. If you didn't do this, you only have to face one anti-spam measure.

It is your choice to whether to face two anti-spam measure or one.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 11:58:03 AM

Even though I bring it up constantly I dont have a problem with it. Im actually very glad that you do the deal here and not elsewhere. It shows how good ratings from DT are, that every feedback has to be questioned and that everyone has to make up their own mind.

The .003 is that you are allowed to use the account. You registered it with an IP that was heavily used for spam in the past, thus you have to pay for the spammers that came before you. I know it sucks that spammers use Tor (I assume you use Tor), but there is little one can do it about it. Either the anonymity service is good or not. If its good it will be used not only to protect the privacy of those with good intentions, but also the privacy of those with malicious intentions (I dont see you in this category btw).

Correct, you paid for your anonymity not for special privileges.

FunFunnyFan (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 11:08:07 PM

Even though I bring it up constantly I dont have a problem with it. Im actually very glad that you do the deal here and not elsewhere. It shows how good ratings from DT are, that every feedback has to be questioned and that everyone has to make up their own mind.
Fair enough. The free market is pretty efficient.

The .003 is that you are allowed to use the account. You registered it with an IP that was heavily used for spam in the past, thus you have to pay for the spammers that came before you. I know it sucks that spammers use Tor (I assume you use Tor), but there is little one can do it about it. Either the anonymity service is good or not. If its good it will be used not only to protect the privacy of those with good intentions, but also the privacy of those with malicious intentions (I dont see you in this category btw).
I agree with your statement of facts, and yes I use tor.

I thought that the 360 second rule was suppose to also be something that fights spammers, which is my point entirely. I paid a fee that was designed to be anti-spam, so why should I have to endure something else that also fights spam?

Correct, you paid for your anonymity not for special privileges.
BadBear has said in the past that he will whitelist anyone that he deems to be reputable, and even those that are not as long as they do not start posting garbage right away. I could easily ask to have this account whitelisted, however doing so would potentially risk my identity being discovered, which in turn could potentially risk the identity of my DefaultTrust account be discovered, which could result in my DefaultTrust account be removed from someone's trust list and/or excluded from someone else's trust list.

I know that I am certainly not posting garbage, and would consider my main account to be fairly (if not extremly) reputable.

I would not have an issue if the fee was somewhat higher and would then include the whitelisting privilidge
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: