Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:27:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Official] ROKOS [flavors] Crypto Full node OS |IoT Devices |Feedback/Discussion  (Read 74662 times)
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 07:29:27 PM

Hello guys,

unitus dev made wallet for Raspbian, should be super easy to add into rokos IMO.
Feel free to do it/or let me know if there is any problem.

Wallet with instructions here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1121974.msg14967366#msg14967366

Smiley

Hi,

Coins are easy to add as the system includes most of the required libraries already,
if you would like to see Unitus cryptocurrency permanently included/integrated in ROKOS Flavors releases for the different IoT devices
you can give their devs/community a shout to get in contact with us and claim a per release or permanent position promo,
would be an honor to integrate and cross collaborate.

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altsheets
Legendary

Activity: 902
Merit: 1001

Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 12:46:25 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2016, 01:13:15 PM by altsheets

I am finally finding the time to take care of my rpi3.

The standard raspian ... is up and running.

And wow - so much faster than my old rpi, very cool.
And I have already composed my first music piece in "Sonic Pi" *lol*

But - looks like I have to delete that away, and start anew?

--> Now I realize I should have perhaps bought several small, instead of one large, microSD card?
      (Then I would have to fiddle around with tiny cards always, just to boot into others systems.
       And I have several uses for my rPi.)

Question:

In my situation - which bootmanager do you suggest to use, to have several different systems
    (rokos altcoins PLUS rokos bitcoin PLUS raspian-standard-no-coins PLUS whatever),
on the same microSD?  

Googling always leads to BerryBoot - but it looks as if BerryBoot can ... only install their supported IMGs?

Ideas:

* Contact BerryBoot - it would be amazing if they included ROKOS into their supported images.
   Imagine the synergies. Why not simply point them to this post here, for a start.

* please find out / tell us, which other RaspberryPi bootmanager is able to, and easy
   to accomodate for the above wishes, in connection with ROKOS. Just point me to a URL.

* a consequence then / a good idea anyways:
    It would IMHO make sense to recreate the/one ROKOS image as encrypted filesystem, if that is possible.
    To additionally protect the private keys - against parallel installations on the same SD, and against simple card theft / loss.
    (Yes, it looks as if it is possible to later change the disk encryption password from "rokos" into my own password [1, 2].)

* Look into additional ways of delivering the image. It took AGES to download the rokosv6mf.img .
   Perhaps torrent, perhaps mirrors (ask here? Or here?), perhaps look which good solution mintcoin has found for their huge file.

Just some initial ideas. Probably I will have more ideas, if you are interested.

And I am really looking forward to incorporating this new world into my workflow.

Sunny greetings. Keep up the good work!

Smiley

if you like this, you can show it: BTC 16d2Q2LpmtsfPKkJKtRBFPiZ44W29RGc7K

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
altsheets
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2016, 04:19:43 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2016, 04:46:39 PM by altsheets

BerryBoot

I have found out more now:

For BerryBoot, the IMGs must be converted into SquashFS. You find reasonably-short instructions, in several places (e.g. adding custom distributions)
There is a long list of IMGs which are already converted.

I suggest you simply just do that with 'rokosv6mf.img' and send them (and me) a URL (perhaps directly upload into SF?) with a 'rokosv6mf-squashfs.img'
- I guess then it will be pretty straightforward to include ROKOS even officially into a future BerryBoot.

And for now: BerryBoot supports "Add OS from USB stick", so it could immediately work (as soon as we have that 'rokosv6mf-squashfs.img'), without THEM adding it anywhere.  

And cool: I have seen an "encrypt FS" checkbox there.

EDIT: asked about filesystem support for large images.

AltFolio = Altcoin Portfolio solution || AAsset = crowdfunding, dividends paying = profit sharing Assets on NXT || Newbium great new platform || AssetGraphs = novel GUI to assets & shareholders (won nxthacks2015!) || ABEE = Block Explorer Extension for ETH clones, live on SOIL || Advice = Consulting || assetparser.py and shareholders.py - tools for NXT/HZ asset buyers & issuers || bamm.py || PeerCrawler || PGP || Texts || Github e.g. ChainCountDown, ethjsre |||| /give/ GiveBackLicense /give/ |||| Looking for an affordable crypto advertisement service with adspaces on crypto-attractive websites, contact me, thx.
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 05:26:31 PM

BerryBoot

I have found out more now:

For BerryBoot, the IMGs must be converted into SquashFS. You find reasonably-short instructions, in several places (e.g. adding custom distributions)
There is a long list of IMGs which are already converted.

I suggest you simply just do that with 'rokosv6mf.img' and send them (and me) a URL (perhaps directly upload into SF?) with a 'rokosv6mf-squashfs.img'
- I guess then it will be pretty straightforward to include ROKOS even officially into a future BerryBoot.

And for now: BerryBoot supports "Add OS from USB stick", so it could immediately work (as soon as we have that 'rokosv6mf-squashfs.img'), without THEM adding it anywhere.  

And cool: I have seen an "encrypt FS" checkbox there.

EDIT: asked about filesystem support for large images.

Already answered some inquiries by pm.

Will work in this conversion,
providing all the options for the users is one of the ROKOS ideals.
Thanks for your collaboration and feedback!

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
altsheets
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 05:15:12 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2016, 06:43:35 PM by altsheets

Suggestions for future versions of ROKOS

(click for larger)

Yiehah, I love my new tinycomputer. And ROKOS is truely great. Kudos!

While testing it ... I wrote down whatever came to my mind.

Here's a first list: ROKOS_firstuse-experiences_altsheets.txt (in github)

May it help ROKOS ... to get even better!

Sunny greetings!

Wink

---
EDIT: retweet please - thx.
EDIT: crossposted into HZ and SOIL thread
EDIT: new version v04 with separate 'lxpanel_newCategory.txt' instructions

Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 07:20:12 AM

Just found out you've added Open Bazzar to ROKOS - awesome!

Would you please consider also adding Bitsquare exchange - its another one that you have to leave running 24/7 as long as you have an offer posted, and having that kind of thing on something like a raspberry pi is really very useful.

Also, it would be really great if you could use something like PiUi so that people can control their ROKOS pi from their phone - that way it will make using things like Open Bazaar and Bitsquare super easy!

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 04:20:27 PM

Suggestions for future versions of ROKOS

(click for larger)

Yiehah, I love my new tinycomputer. And ROKOS is truely great. Kudos!

While testing it ... I wrote down whatever came to my mind.

Here's a first list: ROKOS_firstuse-experiences_altsheets.txt (in github)

May it help ROKOS ... to get even better!

Sunny greetings!

Wink

---
EDIT: retweet please - thx.
EDIT: crossposted into HZ and SOIL thread
EDIT: new version v04 with separate 'lxpanel_newCategory.txt' instructions

Thank you for your suggestions, collaboration, feedback and great support,
already cloned the repo, will look into the improvements you suggest, I like them and I feel the users will like them.
https://github.com/BitcoinFullnode/improvements-proposal-rokos

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 04:26:27 PM

Would you please consider also adding Bitsquare exchange - its another one that you have to leave running 24/7 as long as you have an offer posted, and having that kind of thing on something like a raspberry pi is really very useful.

Also, it would be really great if you could use something like PiUi so that people can control their ROKOS pi from their phone - that way it will make using things like Open Bazaar and Bitsquare super easy!

Congratulations to the great project Bitsquare,
same way thanks for the great suggestions,

Bitsquare is already planned and getting integrated in the coming ROKOS release.

Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 04:57:01 PM

Bitsquare is already planned and getting integrated in the coming ROKOS release.

Great news! Looking forward to it.

k99

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

Manfred Karrer

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 12:56:56 AM

Congratulations to the great project Bitsquare,
same way thanks for the great suggestions,

Thanks a lot! If you need anz support form tech side, ping me.

https://bisq.network  |  GPG Key: 6A6B2C46
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2016, 07:30:44 AM

This update is mandatory with the fork date set to 19th June 2016 @ 12:00UTC

What about ROKOSv6 Magic Flavors Pi? Will I have to turn off the wallet after 19th June if the update doesn't appear?

ROKOS team will be informed and im pretty sure they provide a update package in time
as i understand not a full new rokos release but a upgrade of just the dmd wallet towards 2.1.0.3

Dear DMD Diamond Community,

It's a great moment, DMD Diamond wallet v2.1.0.3 is here and we will now be able to enjoy a few exciting things.
After fixing and testing the code of Boost Stake, it will be activated and the wallet will stake correctly.
Unique Crypto Assets holders will be able to finally enjoy their Legendary Diamonds.  Cheesy

Three years in crypto is a long, long time and as we're approaching DMD Diamond anniversary we introduce a temporary boost to base staking rate, increasing it form 25% to 30% (3 years = 30%).
The boost will last for one month starting from the fork date on 19th June. We are proud of the achievements throughout that time and want every DMD investor to feel the same. 

There will be more anniversary activity in the coming weeks with a chance to win some prizes and maybe even something more...

This update is mandatory with the fork date set to 19th June 2016 @ 12:00UTC

Download:

Windows QT
Source

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2016, 11:59:26 AM

i can confirm the global 30% instead of 25% stakeboost for the next 30 days is working as expected

happy staking

But I can't use that stakeboost because on ROKOS there is still wallet v2.1.0.1 Sad.

we informed ROKOS 12 days ago
https://github.com/BitcoinFullnode/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode/issues/4

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 11:17:05 PM

i can confirm the global 30% instead of 25% stakeboost for the next 30 days is working as expected

happy staking

But I can't use that stakeboost because on ROKOS there is still wallet v2.1.0.1 Sad.

Sorry for the delay, we've been real busy with OK and the new OS for the PINE64 (yes! we finally got it!)

While my first impression was that it was so slow for the power it packed,
I can confirm that it is only because the Operating Systems released for it (at least the linux versions)
as after playing with it and getting it rebuilt, speed and performance has already increased and
I am happy with the device.

Will be releasing the DMD updated client in the next day or 2, and few days after the coming ROKOS release with bitsquare
and new claims.

We have created a new forum section specific for ROKOS where we can provide better support as well,
same way will be able to organize the tutorials, provide direct tech support and an altcoins section as well for any community that
would like to have their anns and increase their reach when the forum gets released and start to be promoted over http://okcashtalk.org

Thanks for your support!

BitcoinDood

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2016, 02:01:34 AM

Sorry for the delay, we've been real busy with OK and the new OS for the PINE64 (yes! we finally got it!)

I can confirm that it is only because the Operating Systems released for it (at least the linux versions)
as after playing with it and getting it rebuilt, speed and performance has already increased and

Will be releasing the DMD updated client in the next day or 2, and few days after the coming ROKOS release with bitsquare
and new claims.

We have created a new forum section specific for ROKOS where we can provide better support as well,
same way will be able to organize the tutorials, provide direct tech support and an altcoins section as well for any community that
would like to have their anns and increase their reach when the forum gets released and start to be promoted over http://okcashtalk.org

Thanks for your support!

Exactly why I stopped by here. Thinking about upgrading my Pi setup to the Pi3 and now I can't decide on that or the Pine64. Any suggestions? Looks like the Pine64 has an extra gig of memory and a bit cheaper. Also is there a noticeable performance difference with either board in comparison to the Pi2 or should I just stick with what I've got for the time being. Either or will be used for ROKOS v6. Anyone have any suggestions or advice?
Buchi-88
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2480

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 07:56:48 AM

Good day,

thanks for the software, but one question, how many Wallets can run on my Pi 2 (1GB RAM) at the same time without performance problems?

regards

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 06:02:53 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2016, 06:18:19 PM by OKtoshi

and new claims.

Thanks for your support!

Exactly why I stopped by here. Thinking about upgrading my Pi setup to the Pi3 and now I can't decide on that or the Pine64. Any suggestions? Looks like the Pine64 has an extra gig of memory and a bit cheaper. Also is there a noticeable performance difference with either board in comparison to the Pi2 or should I just stick with what I've got for the time being. Either or will be used for ROKOS v6. Anyone have any suggestions or advice?

At the moment i see a benefit in both of them;

The Raspberry Pi 3 has a way bigger community, meaning way more support, software, tutorials, projects in forums,
if you like to play with new tech but would like some guidance then I would say for now Pi 3 is the way to go.

The PINE64+ while it packs more power,
atm you notice similar performance unless you really know what you are doing and tune up the system,
same way the community is new so the support and forum projects for it are just starting to grow,
if you like to play and hack new tech with your instincts and knowledge I would definitely recommend the PINE64+.

Their performance is similar at the moment, so plus on raspberry pi for now would be reliability,
and for PINE64+ the plus would be higher memory.

(for now, as I still need to finish its OS to set both up and make them race with each other)

It is always nice to have both tho for this prices, but for new people I would recommend the Pi 3,
and for advanced people i would recommend PINE64+.

With time both devices will gain strength in what they are lacking atm, so we will see how they continue to develop.

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 06:04:46 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2016, 06:18:47 PM by OKtoshi

Good day,

thanks for the software, but one question, how many Wallets can run on my Pi 2 (1GB RAM) at the same time without performance problems?

regards

Hi there, a pleasure.
If graphical wallets 2 depending on which coins, if daemons 3-5 depending on which coins.
(already synced of course as while syncing they use way more resources)

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 07:14:59 PM

happy staking

Diamond Client/Node update for ROKOS Flavors OS

DMD client updated to 2.1.0.3 on the github:
https://github.com/BitcoinFullnode/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode/commit/1d82da136aee0e58ca7302cf6fa6f0f048da7278

Instructions to update it on your ROKOS System:
https://github.com/BitcoinFullnode/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode/blob/master/tutorials/Update%20Cryptocurrencies%20Client-Nodes%20in%20ROKOS/How%20to%20Update%20my%20Cryptocurrency%20Client%20Node.md

Coming ROKOS release will include latest versions as well. Kind Regards.

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 08:37:53 AM

Energycoin Client/Node update for ROKOS Flavors OS

Energycoin client updated to 1.5.1 on the github:
https://github.com/BitcoinFullnode/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode/commit/9e5f84fd940464f768d43eab50ad7126c9b69d02

https://github.com/BitcoinFullnode/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode/blob/master/tutorials/Update%20Cryptocurrencies%20Client-Nodes%20in%20ROKOS/How%20to%20Update%20my%20Cryptocurrency%20Client%20Node.md

OKtoshi (OP)
Legendary

OK

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 10:12:23 PM

OK wallet v4.0.0.0-core v4 Utopia

https://github.com/okcashpro/okcash/releases/latest
OK Wallets v4.0.0.0 core
codename: Utopia
Mandatory

Utopia (/juːˈtoʊpiə/ yoo-TOH-pee-ə) is an imagined ideal community or society that possesses highly desirable or nearly perfect qualities. Utopian ideals often place emphasis on egalitarian principles of equality in economics, government and justice, though by no means exclusively, with the method and structure of proposed implementation varying based on ideology.

Change List 09-July-2016 v4.0.0.0-core v4 Utopia

Implementation of LTSS (Long Term Sustainable Staking).(security/functionality)
    Stake schedule: 11 halvings: 20, 10, 5, 2.5, 2, 1, 0.5, 0.25, 0.10, 0.05, 0.03
    Last OK coins to be mined around: Year 2148
    Protocol upgrade (security)
    Checkpoints (security)
    Design update (design/speed)
    arm-64 aarch64 compatibility (security/functionality)
    code improvements (resources/speed)
    Block explorer update (resources/tx info)

LTSS:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1028368.msg15436603#msg15436603
http://okcashtalk.org/index.php/topic,16.0.html

The first cryptocurrency for Pine64+ !

- New Okcash wallet for Pine64+ release

Instructions for previous clients:

Close your OKCash client, replace it with the v4.0.0.0 , open your client, done.

Okcash Client/Node update for ROKOS Flavors OS

Okcash client updated to 4.0.0.0 - Utopia on the github:
https://github.com/BitcoinFullnode/ROKOS-OK-Bitcoin-Fullnode/commit/cf9136ee28aea3ba4a4852d4e8184372af4e9084

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: