Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:39:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitparking PPCoin Pool [closed]  (Read 22898 times)
coinotron
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 02:54:17 PM

Pool is going down for a couple of minutes to restart ppcoind to reclaim the 5Gb of memory it's using due to a memory leak.

I allowed my ppcoind to ate only 1GB.
hehe Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
purelithium

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 08:25:12 PM

Why not merge it with the merged mining pool? Not as profitable?

Like my post? 1H7bfRYh7F89mfmFgsRCdn4awDaUHQmYqY
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 08:51:52 PM

Why not merge it with the merged mining pool? Not as profitable?

Not merge-able.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
purelithium

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 08:53:40 PM

Ah, didn't know this.

Like my post? 1H7bfRYh7F89mfmFgsRCdn4awDaUHQmYqY
doublec (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 12:02:12 AM

I registered an account in your pool and am going on mining. I have all threads 0 in output of minerd is it ok?
I don't see any change in my statistic page, how many time/Khash do I need to see them changed somehow?
You'll see a change when you submit a block successfully. Check your username is correct and then you use the correct uppercase/lowercase letters.
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 08:29:19 AM

RIght. About the only things still low enough in difficulty that a CPU will get you any are BBQcoin and, to a much less extent, GRouPcoin.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 08:40:01 AM

GRouPcoins are part of the Massively Merged Mining array of merged-mined coins, so if you used that pool you might do better than simply directly mining GRouPcoins yourself because your hashing power would get you a share of all the altcoins, expressed as (and converted into) DeVCoins, plus hey you never know it might even get you a fraction of a bitcoin eventually (as it actualyl is a p2pool, so you are mining bitcoins in distributed p2p fashion while also merged-mining the altcoins).

I added a new hardcoded checkpoint to BBQcoin recently since it is so low difficulty it could easily be 51% attacked again, my new version is in the BBQcoin directory of my sourceforge file-downloads site http://sourceforge.net/projects/galacticmilieu/files/

BBQcoin is like litecoin, it cannot be merged mined, even with litecoin, and aims to be CPU-friendly, which, right now, thanks to not currently being mined by folks using GPUs, it is doing a better job of in a way (that way being, hey with CPU you can still mine the stuff right now).

(After people attack a coin, it seems, they tend to go rest on their laurels afterward instead of keeping up the attack forever, so often after such an attack is a good time to get in and get some coins while they pat themselves on the back for having "killed" it...)

As to price, why, they are priceless! Wink Cheesy

GRouPcoin are traded on the Digitalis Open Transactions server; BBQcoins I have not set up there yet as I am waiting to see how they survive over a longer period of time before worrying about trading them.

-MarkM-

c4n10

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 12:24:30 AM

Can someone show me a quick example of how to set the difficulty when connecting and also show me where I can find the current ppcoin difficulty?
c4n10

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 01:14:26 AM

Can someone show me a quick example of how to set the difficulty when connecting and also show me where I can find the current ppcoin difficulty?

It seems like PPCoin doesn't have the standard difficulty level as bitcoins. The difficulty becomes higher if the total hashrate of the net go higher. (At least it's what I understood about PPcoins).

The first post says the pool uses variable difficulty that you can set by using certain settings in the password field when you login to the pool...

I just don't understand it because it says to use any difficulty less than the current difficulty (which is in the thousands) and the example used in the first post was "8" as the difficulty. So I am looking for an accurate, detailed description of setting the difficulty for the ppcoin pool at BitParking, preferably for a minerd .bat
doublec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 01:25:02 AM

It seems like PPCoin doesn't have the standard difficulty level as bitcoins. The difficulty becomes higher if the total hashrate of the net go higher. (At least it's what I understood about PPcoins).
PPCoin has the same difficulty for the proof of work blocks as bitcoin. As hash rate goes up, difficulty goes up.
doublec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 01:27:02 AM

I just don't understand it because it says to use any difficulty less than the current difficulty (which is in the thousands) and the example used in the first post was "8" as the difficulty. So I am looking for an accurate, detailed description of setting the difficulty for the ppcoin pool at BitParking, preferably for a minerd .bat
When you mine on the pool you mine at difficulty 1 like most bitcoin pools. If you have a very high hashrate you might like to mine at a slightly higher difficulty to reduce network traffic. You can do this by following the instructions in the first post. Set your password to "d=x" where "x" is a number. "x" can't be higher than the current ppcoin difficulty as this would make no sense - you'd be losing money. You don't have to do any of this though if all you want to do is mine at difficulty 1.
doublec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 02:35:13 AM

There will be a few minutes outage shortly as I update the ppcoind and restart to workaround the memory leak.

Edit: Restart complete.
buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 05:24:01 PM

Doublec - does the restart have anything to do with the Insufficient Funds to withdraw message I'm getting?

dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 06:52:29 PM

Just a quick suggestion doublec,

You might want to truncate the found blocks list in the pool data page, it is turning into an awfully long webpage.. Smiley

Maybe just keep the found blocks in the last week, and a link to the rest of the list if somebody wants to see it.

doublec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:13:14 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2012, 11:37:35 PM by doublec

Doublec - does the restart have anything to do with the Insufficient Funds to withdraw message I'm getting?
The pool ran out of funds overnight, I'll top it up. The 520 confirmations is a killer Smiley

Edit: Topped up.
doublec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:41:38 PM

You might want to truncate the found blocks list in the pool data page, it is turning into an awfully long webpage.. Smiley
Good idea, I've limited it to the last 50 blocks.
buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 12:37:55 AM

The pool ran out of funds overnight, I'll top it up. The 520 confirmations is a killer Smiley

Edit: Topped up.

I like the instant payouts, but would understand if you held my funds for 520 also.

*If* you do something around mining for stake, would it make sense to leave funds in the pool or your exchange or will it matter?  I'm asking because I think moving funds would reset the 30 day hold time required correct?

doublec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:42:22 AM

*If* you do something around mining for stake, would it make sense to leave funds in the pool or your exchange or will it matter?  I'm asking because I think moving funds would reset the 30 day hold time required correct?
Yes moving funds resets the time. I'd be more inclined to add proof of stake incoming earning to the exchange first. An interesting approach would be a "proof of stake pool" which would really be an online wallet but optimized for ensuring fund movement minimizes effect on coin age.
doublec (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 02:25:56 AM

There was a couple of minutes downtime as I restarted the pool to workaround a ppcoind memory leak.
pyra-proxy

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 05:44:36 AM

For passing on PoS rewards to users, I was thinking you could allow them to set a PoS balance value/% which will lock up that amount of coin for use in PoS, then you pay out PoS blocks proportionally based on these balances?  But seeing as the reserve balance feature is a config item and ?not dynamically settable? this may not be possible?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: