Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:26:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deleted wallet and restoring  (Read 634 times)
ron_d1 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 01:55:10 AM

Hi

Sequence of event:

a) backup of wallet created
b) created new receiving address
c) coins tranferred to new address
d) wallet deleted

I've restored the wallet from (a) - but it does not have the address I'd transferred the coins to. Can I assume the coins are now gone?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackbox
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:35:34 AM

Hi

Sequence of event:

a) backup of wallet created
b) created new receiving address
c) coins tranferred to new address
d) wallet deleted

I've restored the wallet from (a) - but it does not have the address I'd transferred the coins to. Can I assume the coins are now gone?

Thanks!

Which wallet were you using? A backup should have been made AFTER you received the coins to make sure all addresses were included in the backup. You have possibly lost your coins if your wallet is randomly creating receive addreses.

Buy a Trezor and Protect your BTC, BCH, BTG, DASH, LTC, DGB, ZEC, ETH and ETC from hackers.
If I was helpful please buy me a coffee BTC: 1DWK7vBaxcTC5Wd2nQwLGEoy8xdFVzGKLK  BTG: AWvN1iBqCUqG2tEh3XoVvRbdcGrAzfBBpW
If I was helpful please buy me a burger DGB: DLASV6CUQpGtGSyaVz5FYuu5YxZ17MoGQz
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 10:30:24 AM

As jackbox commented for MultiBit (Classic) you need the wallet with the newly created address.

If it was encrypted you'll have an automatically generated encrypted private key export you could use, if you haven't deleted that.

Failing that you can try undeleting your wallet/ private key backups but if you secure deleted them that won't work.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: