Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:26:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★ HedgeCoin | KGW+DGW | HedgeFunds | X13 | Diff based rewards ★★★  (Read 21020 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hedgehogcoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:09:54 AM

What's with all the diff files in the windows zip ?

Pretty much every other coin I've played with has a single executable that starts / runs the wallet or an executable like BTC that installs a wallet that can then be run.

The windows wallet should run without those extra dll files.
It might give an error at first launch, but it should run.

Those added dll files are to ensure that every windows user can run the wallet, even on older platforms prior to Windows 7.

Think about virtual machines etc.

Never really was a fan of the word should lol

It depends if your system already has the needed libraries.
If you already have wallets running, it will.

On fresh systems like a VM it won't without the dll files

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:14:52 AM

Pretty much every other coin I've played with has a single executable that starts / runs the wallet or an executable like BTC that installs a wallet that can then be run.

Those added dll files are to ensure that every windows user can run the wallet, even on older platforms prior to Windows 7.

It depends if your system already has the needed libraries.
If you already have wallets running, it will.

On fresh systems like a VM it won't without the dll files
Windows Vista running wallets BTC, LTC, DOGE, DASH & VARY for the lottos in my sig, if I can use the HEDGE client tomorrow without issue I will soon have a HEDGE lotto going for those who are bored and want to play with some HEDGE.

To be decided...
hedgehogcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 07:35:23 AM

Follow us on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/HedgeCoinDev
WillyBTC

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:22:59 AM

Me neither, "should" is actually a shaming word ---  Wink

but I do like the coin and do not think he was shaming anyone ---- hehe
BirdCoinV2

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:36:42 AM

I got some Hedge too!

Follow the thread.
If you want to create a collaboration between our coins, write me in pvt

hedgehogcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:50:51 AM

I got some Hedge too!

Follow the thread.
If you want to create a collaboration between our coins, write me in pvt

We will contact you in the near future since this is in line with one of our roadmap points.
Thank you for the proposal!
hedgehogcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:43:33 AM

★★★ The HedgeFunds whitepaper ★★★

We released our initial whitepaper.
Fancy bling bling infochart coming soon  Wink

Meanwhile, https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DWuUNhrJk1izW58W37XijaMIpQwcgMO-7eBlZfCSS68/edit?usp=sharing

TomVelvetPaws

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

BTC=1GjeqWFLc4TBDg3bwdQk9ZWnEoNPCT9t6G

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 05:18:47 PM

Premined is to big, no one gonna to buy this shit.

Aaaaaand here we go lol

CRAVE Embrace the privacy movement    ◥
   Your Market. Your Blockchain Business. Your Profit.     ◥
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 06:21:01 PM

How do you provide assurance that this anonymous "EquiTeam" group exists and will not disappear to start a new coin?

hedgehogcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:35:38 AM

How do you provide assurance that this anonymous "EquiTeam" group exists and will not disappear to start a new coin?

You can never be assured from that factor. Even well known fully doxed people managed to disappear (paycoin?)

We will however reveal team information. We have solid plans and are all in crypto since and before '12.
So we dont feel the need to dissapear. We want to be part of the scene and are here to stay.
hedgehogcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:49:25 AM

★★★ Premine update ★★★

Following to our HedgeFunds whitepaper, 500.000 HEDG will be moved to the funds.

The remaining premined coins will be destroyed.
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 12:01:58 PM

I read the whitepaper. You've got a noble goal. I think it's quite similar to what CoinShield (now Niro) had planned to do-- you should contact Viz/Videlicet to see if he'll share some of his groundwork with you. Might save you some development and implementation planning.

When you guys announce a buyback, there will be some additional market effects to consider. I'll use your example of bleedcoin.

When you announce the bleedcoin buyback, during the ensuing three weeks, you'll create a pump/arbitrage situation on bleedcoin where people will continue to mine/buy it up to the buyback price plus a risk premium based on how likely the market thinks it will be that you'll successfully revive the coin and post it for sale at its proposed value-add release.

Don't forget that many older altcoins had their distribution narrowed as their popularity died out. Small holders of bleedcoin will dump into 1-sat bids and over months it may have become highly overweighted to a single holder who has accumulated more than half the supply at negligible expense. You may get into a situation where people first buy out most of the total supply of bleedcoin and then approach you from multiple "community" accounts to run a buyback, and there's very little extra steedcoin supply remaining on exchanges. Thus the price and interest will be overstated with an exit strategy of dumping against HEDG, which could affect other truly community-held altcoins' communities' willingness to participate in the program if there's no perceived value gained by a swap to HEDG.

Of course none of this may happen at all, but anytime you offer a fixed price and profit proposition in an open marketplace where you're doing the work to build that added value, you WILL get people piggybacking the work you're doing and attempting to front-run the profitable edge.

twitter.com/notsofast
BirdCoinV2

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:07:05 PM

the SWAP system of the fund is similar to a an ICO but without using BTC
am i wrong?

hedgehogcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:22:12 PM

I read the whitepaper. You've got a noble goal. I think it's quite similar to what CoinShield (now Niro) had planned to do-- you should contact Viz/Videlicet to see if he'll share some of his groundwork with you. Might save you some development and implementation planning.

When you guys announce a buyback, there will be some additional market effects to consider. I'll use your example of bleedcoin.

When you announce the bleedcoin buyback, during the ensuing three weeks, you'll create a pump/arbitrage situation on bleedcoin where people will continue to mine/buy it up to the buyback price plus a risk premium based on how likely the market thinks it will be that you'll successfully revive the coin and post it for sale at its proposed value-add release.

Don't forget that many older altcoins had their distribution narrowed as their popularity died out. Small holders of bleedcoin will dump into 1-sat bids and over months it may have become highly overweighted to a single holder who has accumulated more than half the supply at negligible expense. You may get into a situation where people first buy out most of the total supply of bleedcoin and then approach you from multiple "community" accounts to run a buyback, and there's very little extra steedcoin supply remaining on exchanges. Thus the price and interest will be overstated with an exit strategy of dumping against HEDG, which could affect other truly community-held altcoins' communities' willingness to participate in the program if there's no perceived value gained by a swap to HEDG.

Of course none of this may happen at all, but anytime you offer a fixed price and profit proposition in an open marketplace where you're doing the work to build that added value, you WILL get people piggybacking the work you're doing and attempting to front-run the profitable edge.

Thank you for your very constructive feedback on our whitepaper.

Additional securities will be taken to prevent piggybacking, but we're very aware that this might occur.
We will get more in detail on this matter once all details have been thoroughly investigated.

Since i'm on mobile, i'll get back to this later today.

the SWAP system of the fund is similar to a an ICO but without using BTC
am i wrong?

How on earth do you find a relation between ICO and our plans?
We are strongly against any ICO of any kind.
BirdCoinV2

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:54:58 PM

I'm not speaking about the fake ICO of some altcoin..

1)but with an ICO i collect money to sustain mine project and have a back-up value for my new coin (in BTC) and i give in exchange some of the new coin

1b)you're doing the same collecting/swaping other altcoin and take them as a backup for the value of the new coin

i'm not saying that it is a scam ICO, but the situation is similar

hedgehogcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:04:31 PM

1)but with an ICO i collect money to sustain mine project and have a back-up value for my new coin (in BTC) and i give in exchange some of the new coin

1b)you're doing the same collecting/swaping other altcoin and take them as a backup for the value of the new coin

Yes, but in reverse.

We give money to sustain (revive) a (close to) valueless coin. When we successfully revived the coin, and the coin has market value again, we trade back our HEDG against that coin at a specified maximum profit percentage, so holder of the revived coin dont have to pay as much as the market value.

In order, we get more HEDGE then initially invested in the revival of that coin, taking that extra HEDGE with us for the next project.

So rather than having HEDGE compared by its BTC value, targeted coins will be valued by their HEDGE value
BirdCoinV2

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:35:58 PM

Yes, but in reverse.

We give money to sustain (revive) a (close to) valueless coin. When we successfully revived the coin, and the coin has market value again, we trade back our HEDG against that coin at a specified maximum profit percentage, so holder of the revived coin dont have to pay as much as the market value.

In order, we get more HEDGE then initially invested in the revival of that coin, taking that extra HEDGE with us for the next project.

So rather than having HEDGE compared by its BTC value, targeted coins will be valued by their HEDGE value

Ok, i've understood now

i can give some BirdCoin to the the fund.
how can i do that?

MoreBloodWine
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 03:29:34 PM

Also, hedge as it stands wont work, don't feel like playing with DLL's so probably wont end up using this unless there's a wallet like all the others I've use which is 1 file ready to go right out of the zip that is either an executable that starts running the wallet or one that installs it like BTC and some others.

To be decided...
hedgehogcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 03:44:53 PM

★★★ Mac wallet is available! ★★★

hedgehogcoin (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 03:52:48 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 04:09:57 PM by hedgehogcoin

Also, hedge as it stands wont work, don't feel like playing with DLL's so probably wont end up using this unless there's a wallet like all the others I've use which is 1 file ready to go right out of the zip that is either an executable that starts running the wallet or one that installs it like BTC and some others.

Why should you be playing with DLL files? Just leave them in the same folder as the QT wallet.
There is no reason to touch them or to play with them. If your system has the needed assemblies installed already, you can trash them.

EDIT: I see what you mean. Next wallet update we will do a static build.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: