Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 05:02:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Meta] Warning about reddit accounts - "cracked" accounts being sold here  (Read 1340 times)
SlickMoTwoToe (OP)

Activity: 438
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 11:17:49 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2015, 12:06:18 AM by SlickMoTwoToe

So I don't know if this is the right place for this, and I know that cracked accounts are against forum rules, but I have still managed to buy a few here, disguised as legitimate accounts. This is a warning to anyone buying reddit accounts on this board. (Many of the reddit accounts sold on this forum are probably cracked, though there are honest ones too.)

I personally have now lost 2 accounts after I found out they were cracked - at least a $20 BTC loss, and I have been informed that other people have lost their cracked account(s) from these buyers as well.

I am thinking that reddit has a way of knowing that an account has been compromised and removing your access to it and perhaps returning it to a former user who complained.

I advise users seeking to buy reddit accounts to verify that the account is owned by the seller and not hacked/cracked, and I also suggest that users who buy an account marked as legitimate which turns out to be cracked should report the seller for scamming. To protect my clients I will no longer sell them accounts that haven't been verified by the previous buyer.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vendetahome

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 01:11:34 PM

i think it should be in scam accusations here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 , but its cool that you let people know with what they are dealing
SlickMoTwoToe (OP)

Activity: 438
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 06:57:10 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2015, 01:42:09 PM by SlickMoTwoToe

i think it should be in scam accusations here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0 , but its cool that you let people know with what they are dealing

Yeah, maybe I will post it there too. The thing is, a lot of users, myself included, probably browse this board almost exclusively of the other boards to look for digital goods such as reddit accounts that they want to purchase. Maybe if they see this thread they will think twice before purchasing a reddit account that could be cracked, or at least require the seller to verify that the account is legit.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:16:53 AM

Yeah, maybe I will post it there too. The thing is, a lot of users, myself included, probably browse this board almost exclusively of the other boards to look for digital goods such as reddit accounts that they want to purchase. Maybe if they see this thread they will think twice before purchasing a cracked reddit account, or at least require the seller to verify whether the account is cracked or not.

Did you know it was hacked account when you were buying it? Because if you did know, why in the world would you think the real owner wouldnt claim it eventually?
Also, if the price seamed low, it's also a possibility that the seller is the real owner, but that he's making profits by selling and afterwards reclaiming the right to that account.
imho you shouldnt buy other people's accounts, especially not from untrusted members.

cheers and sorry for your loss, and i agree you should open up scam accusation thread if the trade happened on this forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: