Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:23:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone has stolen my account!  (Read 4202 times)
Real Heavy Metal (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:34:08 PM

A couple of my friends have gotten into a very bad car accident and I have not been using the forum for some time now. I tried to log into my account "Heavy Metal" this morning and it would not take my password, I  tried the "Forgot password" button but it never went to my e-mail. Then I saw that my account was being used by someone else and that the person is scamming people under my name! To prove I am the real Heavy Metal I am signing this message with the address 1AuAgBTyRED81JX5PMsekeTjLYiaDo9Fii which I used in several transactions prior to leaving. My last post was: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=103091.msg1152231#msg1152231 ALL posts after that are not me! Someone please go to the threads this impersonator has created and give warning to people there! I am not sure if I am signing this correctly, please tell me if I am not.
HNczqA+jodW+AMsWfiUAJJ2UmldxEu6sNr+TFYk2OB1Lls/fZ4DjjAb8M5Pwyi7ZnQ+S/wN5M0nfT8hDdCSgxrs=

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 12:43:29 PM

Interesting. So what you're saying is that the 'impersonator' is so strangely good at impersonating that he does the exact same very specific, very weird and very unique thing that you consistently do when writing down BTC prices?

That's one damn good impersonator.
Real Heavy Metal (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:05:33 PM

Interesting. So what you're saying is that the 'impersonator' is so strangely good at impersonating that he does the exact same very specific, very weird and very unique thing that you consistently do when writing down BTC prices?

That's one damn good impersonator.

Did you seriously just take the time to accuse me, yet not even bother to go the the threads this guy has made and give a warning? Nice priorities.

In regards to your question yes, I am suggesting an impersonator read my prior posts and mimicked me(It is sort of what they do). NOW GO WARN PEOPLE AT THE ACTIVE THREADS THIS GUY HAS MADE!
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:23:09 PM

GPG identity is your friend.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:24:37 PM

Are you sure you have had an account on these forums before?  Huh

If you had been, you would surely know that warning people about possible scams is heavily frowned upon by forum regulars and results in the warner being heavily shouted at in most insultory terms. A very unpleasant and distressing situation.

All in all this seems very misleading.

Only Love.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:46:12 PM

Are you sure you have had an account on these forums before?  Huh

If you had been, you would surely know that warning people about possible scams is heavily frowned upon by forum regulars and results in the warner being heavily shouted at in most insultory terms. A very unpleasant and distressing situation.

All in all this seems very misleading.

Only Love.
+1

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Monkey1

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:13:59 PM

Why is it someone elses repsonsibility to warn people that your account has been hacked?  Surely, if they are scamming in your name, you should be the one to tell people?  Although I suppose its easier to get someone else to do all the work for you I suppose.

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 05:21:48 PM

Why is it someone elses repsonsibility to warn people that your account has been hacked?  Surely, if they are scamming in your name, you should be the one to tell people?  Although I suppose its easier to get someone else to do all the work for you I suppose.
well in fairness with only 2 posts where can he warn people but the newbies forum?
though if I was in this situation I would be contacting senior forum staff urgently not creating a new account Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 09:47:00 PM

But hasn't the fake Heavy Metal been still selling actual gold and silver with good feedback?

So the person stole your account, and then has continued to keep your reputation in tact?

I'm not saying you are lying, I'm just a bit confused.
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 10:33:54 PM

But hasn't the fake Heavy Metal been still selling actual gold and silver with good feedback?

So the person stole your account, and then has continued to keep your reputation in tact?

I'm not saying you are lying, I'm just a bit confused.

ahh, would be nice to know the timeframe we're talking here. Something more accurate than, 'for some time now'.

Gonna peek at the activity on the addy he posted;  1AuAgBTyRED81JX5PMsekeTjLYiaDo9Fii    should give us an indication.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
goodlord666

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

100%

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 11:59:17 PM

I am having to close this sale due to something unexpected coming up in my life.

All current orders have been shipped.

You expected something unexpected coming up in your life?

TTBit
Legendary

Activity: 1136

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:01:42 AM

I am out 596 coins, please get in contact with me to help file a police report.

good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 03:18:48 AM

That bastard who took over your account even used the same image uploader that you've used in the past--postimage.org. But I guess (It is sort of what they do) may apply here.

That said, when Dog the CoinHunter makes his visit to ask you a few questions to help solve this crime, I suggest you be truthful with him.

Concerning this:

A couple of my friends have gotten into a very bad car accident and I have not been using the forum for some time now.

I had a very close friend of mine pass away a couple months back. When I learned about my lost I, too, stayed away from BitcoinTalk. It took me near close to ten minutes of grieving before I was able to revisit this forum.

~Bruno~
TTBit
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:33:06 AM

I am out 596+ coins. Let me get the story straight:

• This person supposedly doesn't know you, and...
  • This person is into bitcoin enough that he is able to generate a 6 char vanity address very similar to the vanity address that you completed several trades with (1AuAgBT..), and...
  • This person hacks your account and posts a large thread taking offers on gold, while...
  • This person somehow got astronomically "lucky" that you were indisposed for a week so he could pull off this elaborate scheme, not while you were logging in every few hours

The perfect timing of this means it is quite obvious you either "know" the hacker or it is you. I mean, if I hacked Theymos's password, how many fake posts could I generate before it stopped? Hmmmm... your new name was created 1 minute and 50 seconds within the original HeavyMetal's last login (screen caps in: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105810.0 post #28)

• neither the "fake" or "real" HeavyMetal will reply to my PMs. If my username was hacked, I would want to see what the hacker had posted so I could get in touch with any dealings right away. But not HeavyMetal, just spew out an "omy gosh! I been hacked, warn the others! I won't bother to check what he did, but I was hacked!" in the newbie forum and leave.
  • Was that your real name and address on the label you sent me the few times we made a trade? I think it is, otherwise why the hack story? If it was an elaborate hoax, just disappear - why try to save face?
  • I hope I'm wrong and the real HeavyMetal and I can figure out who took my coins. Maybe you would like to "refund" the coins from your own pocket, since you are responsible for your own account.

If anyone is an expert at looking at the block chain, I'd like to pay a few cents to tell me anything about the transactions and if they are correlated.

Herodes

Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 03:22:36 PM

ask admin to do an ip check. if the ip's are the same, well...
TTBit
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 03:47:30 PM

Thank you.

I have made the request to an admin. Unfortunately, I believe admins are busy people these days.

Herodes

Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 05:09:31 PM

Thank you.

I have made the request to an admin. Unfortunately, I believe admins are busy people these days.

try pm theymos.

he is responsive
arij

Activity: 173
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 05:29:50 PM

I was considering buying gold from this guy, good thing i stayed away.

this all seems very suspicious...
TTBit
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 05:30:22 PM

Thank you.

try pm theymos.

he is responsive

ha.  I did, and he has sent me 2 PMs already, very helpful. Thanks theymos.

c0ffer

Activity: 672

Gems:Crypto

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 05:34:04 PM

Taken at board time: September 12, 2012, 05:17:44 PM

Amazing timing the "hacker" has with the "real" person.

It is also interesting that all of the withdrawal transactions from the "hacker"'s receiving address are relayed through the US west coast. With the "real" person shipping from the west coast in Canada, it is another interesting coincidence that has appeared here.

This is hardly proof of anything, but what an interesting series of events  Huh

CryptoCurrency for Gemstones ... Website | Main Thread  -  c0c0 Trading on YoBit
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: