Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:34:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 9/11 is the Litmus Test  (Read 10695 times)
dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 05:18:00 PM

I'm not an American - yayyy!
Either way - Bin Laden or conspiracy it hasn't impacted on my life ever for even 1 second.
I played minecraft yesterday with absolutely no 911 consequences, and then me and my wife (my wife and I for you grammar buffs) went out for a nice meal.
I suspect my life tomorrow will be pretty similar (except my wife will be cooking).
No consequences for me, so hence I don't give a shit.

No consequences until you will be flying with your wife on a Boeing modified with QRS11 GyroChips (electronic hijack) Boeing Uninterruptable Autopilot and they decide to pull a trigger.
Thanks, but no thanks.

I'll remember to ask the stewardess or just straight tell her I'm a little mentally ill.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 05:35:40 PM

thermite reaction, which takes a great deal of heat to activate - easily within jet fuel's capability

Nope.

Thermite is typically very difficult to ignite, requiring a temperature of over 3,000 degrees F just to get the reaction started.

www.unitednuclear.com/thermiteinfo.pdf

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
benjamindees
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 05:43:47 PM

The conspiracy video I have mentions something about a work crew suddenly conducted some emergency repairs of the structure (or something along those lines, it's been a while since I've watched it) a week before the towers were hit.  If that's true, it would be an opportune time to conduct such a feat.

There was an elevator renovation going on, with something like 90 workers from the Ace Elevator Co. in the buildings in the weeks leading up to 9/11.

SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:03:46 PM

perhaps you all missed this article from 2005.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military/news/1227842

Let's use science and reason instead of FUD.

I'm sorry that some of you had crappy/absent fathers which lead you to hate and distrust all authority figures. The good news is, you're normal. Given your upbringing its understandable that you would be geared to conspiracy theory appeal.

Now here's an anecdotal story. I have a relative who believes he is part of something called the Third Secret Order of the Holy Grail. He is awaiting the 5th Dimensional ascension of Gaia. According to him it will happen in December, coinciding with the end of one of the Mayan calendars. He distrusts all government or religious organizations except for the one he belongs to. He believes that knowledge will come from a person's "heart" instead of from any scientific method.

Why am I even posting in an Atlas thread? Maybe I just needed to get the crazy relative stuff off my chest. I don't expect my post to help anyone, though i wish it would.

The bottom line is, apply scientific method to your beliefs and you'll have more control and understanding of the world around you. Cheers.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:06:10 PM

The buildings were hit with some of the largest planes on the planet, going as fast as they could travel, and filled with enough jet fuel to cross the country.

Again, WTC 7 wasn't hit by a plane. Facts are stubborn things.
Severian

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:07:28 PM

apply scientific method

That advice should be given to NIST.
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:10:02 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2012, 06:57:05 PM by foggyb

Let's use science and reason instead of FUD.

Who cares what popular mechanics thinks? Do you think they are some sort of accredited agency? They sell magazines for a living.

Meanwhile, are you willing to ignore that the co-chairs of the 9/11 Commission (Thomas Keane and Lee Hamilton) said that the CIA (and likely the White House) “obstructed our investigation”?

9/11 Commission co-chair Lee Hamilton says “I don’t believe for a minute we got everything right”, that the Commission was set up to fail, that people should keep asking questions about 9/11, that the 9/11 debate should continue, and that the 9/11 Commission report was only “the first draft” of history.

9/11 Commissioner Bob Kerrey said that “There are ample reasons to suspect that there may be some alternative to what we outlined in our version . . We didn’t have access . .”

9/11 Commissioner Timothy Roemer said “We were extremely frustrated with the false statements we were getting”.

The Popular Science article you linked names the 9/11 commission as an "excellent source" of information (on 9/11).

"The goal of this book..." (Debunking 9/11 Myths) "..is not to tell the complete story of what happened on September 11, 2001. There are numerous excellent sources, including the 9-11 Commission’s report, the National Institute of Standards and Technology reports, and articles in the New York Times and other newspapers that chronicle the attacks in painful detail."

Wake up.
Severian

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:29:46 PM

For an edgy board devoted to Stateless money, there are some true statophiles here.

Does not compute.
benjamindees
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 06:58:32 PM

For an edgy board devoted to Stateless money, there are some true statophiles here.

Does not compute.

Around the time that Gavin gave his talk to the CIA, the number one source of traffic was Washington, DC.  Some of them stuck around.

Severian

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:01:31 PM

Around the time that Gavin gave his talk to the CIA, the number one source of traffic was Washington, DC.  Some of them stuck around.

I thought I detected the air of Federal pension. Thanks for confirmation.

I wonder how many blocks have been discovered around Langely?  Smiley
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:06:05 PM

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/military/news/1227842

Cue cut and paste response Cheesy

Wow!  That's great.  I can put my mind to rest now.
I was almost convinced by thousands of pilots, architects, metallurgists, scientists of all kinds with evidence of thermite residue at ground zero and the laws of physics on their side.
But now, there's a couple of guys who like fixing cars and played with mechano when they were young.
They've explained the whole thing to me.
I can see now that all the other engineers and scientists and the evidence of my very own fucking eyes cannot be believed.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:23:05 PM

The conspiracy video I have mentions something about a work crew suddenly conducted some emergency repairs of the structure (or something along those lines, it's been a while since I've watched it) a week before the towers were hit.  If that's true, it would be an opportune time to conduct such a feat.

There was an elevator renovation going on, with something like 90 workers from the Ace Elevator Co. in the buildings in the weeks leading up to 9/11.

I rewatched the video last night because this thread got me curious again.  It stated that some large 24/7 security teams (or so they claimed to be) were assigned to the structure 3 weeks prior to the attack, due to bomb threats.  Then, bomb sniffing dogs were abruptly removed 1 week from the attack.  Probably just a coincidence, but interesting nonetheless.

Seriously, everyone interested in this on either side of the debate should watch that video.  Lots of it is coincidental, but it brings up some interesting points with detailed documentation to show for it.
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:25:10 PM

How do you reconcile the obviously fake impact crater of Flight 93 with the theories that government was or was not involved?

If the government was involved, why shoot down the plane and fake an impact crater?

If the government was not involved, why should we believe 100% of the official story after they covered up the shooting down of Flight 93?

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 07:43:12 PM

To play Big Brother's advocate for a minute, the skin of the planes was made of aluminum. The beams were made of steel. It's conceivable that the aluminum interacted with iron oxide on the beams to produce the thermite reaction, which takes a great deal of heat to activate - easily within jet fuel's capability - but produces even more. Enough, even, to melt those beams like butter under a blowtorch.

Of course, this requires that the skin be essentially powdered, and the beams be very rusty... And still doesn't explain building 7.

Can thermite make itself?

How to make (and ignite) thermite:

You need fine aluminum powder (not a crumpled up airplane skin),
pure iron oxide (not a rusty pillar),
thorough mixing of ingredients (no, an explosion will not do)
precise application. (an explosion is the opposite of precise.)
and finally, a 3000 Fahrenheit ignition source (burning jet fuel isn't close).

Conclusion: Not plausible. We need pure ingredients and ideal conditions.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 11:14:50 PM

How do you reconcile the obviously fake impact crater of Flight 93 with the theories that government was or was not involved?

If the government was involved, why shoot down the plane and fake an impact crater?

If the government was not involved, why should we believe 100% of the official story after they covered up the shooting down of Flight 93?

Seriously?  Where do people come up with this stuff? 

The impact crater for flight 93 is consistent with other plane impact craters.  Just because YOU do not know what an impact crater looks like does not mean it is a conspiracy. 

http://www.unitedflight93.com/

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 11:16:30 PM

Nope.

Can thermite make itself?

I stand corrected. It was a longshot theory anyway.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Fjordbit

Activity: 588

firstbits.com/1kznfw

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 01:06:46 AM

Now here's an anecdotal story. I have a relative who believes he is part of something called the Third Secret Order of the Holy Grail. He is awaiting the 5th Dimensional ascension of Gaia. According to him it will happen in December, coinciding with the end of one of the Mayan calendars.

Holy crap!

That's also close to the time that the BitCoin reward halves. Coincidence? I think not.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 04:56:54 AM

@ OP,
You could have taken random video from a "9/11" youtube search and you'd have come up with better content.

For fuck sake have you every heard of "Architects & Engineers For 9/11 Truth" movement ?
"...Israeli cameramen likely ... were caught cheering..."
... SO FUCKING WHAT !,,,

This is the most relevant information you've manage to come up with on this 11 year old event ?

And you felt that was worthy of making a new topic on a Bitcoin related forum ?

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 05:00:52 AM

And you felt that was worthy of making it a new topic on a Bitcoin related forum ?

And you felt it was worthy of bumping back up to the top of the page?

Check the subforum you're in. Don't like this sort of thing, don't come in here.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 05:07:04 AM

And you felt that was worthy of making it a new topic on a Bitcoin related forum ?

And you felt it was worthy of bumping back up to the top of the page?

Check the subforum you're in. Don't like this sort of thing, don't come in here.
Ouch, if you're relying on "latest post" to read this forum,  I feel for you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: