Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:49:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Finland might be the first country for widespread Bitcoin adoption!  (Read 12345 times)
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 06:46:28 PM

this just needs to be said:

FUCKING AWESOME!

How is Norway coming along with Bitcoin adoption?
Not much happening here. I don't know of any bitcoin services or merchants accepting bitcoin in Norway, but we are buying coins  Cheesy

Not many places you can use bitcoins in Norway, not any places that I know of.

I noticed in the video where the lady from the Finnish Bank said: "Anyone can do what they want, it's a free country after all".

In Norway it would be all bitching and moaning about tax evasion, money laundering and so on. The climate for new things are in Norway not that great most of the time.

But Norway is a rather small country, with only a few millions of inhabitants, so the countries with larger populations are far more interesting.

Anyway, there's a few miners and users in Norway though. I even met one of them and paid a lunch in bitcoins.

i live in a small place on the edge of akershus / østfold, and ive gotten a few of the shop owners interested in bitcoin Smiley
hopefully i can go buy groceries etc with bitcoins in a few months Tongue
If any stores do end up using bitcoins in Akershus/Østfold please let me know.

will do Smiley

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 06:59:52 PM

the Central Bank of Finland publicizing that bitcoin is legal to use in Finland

It would be nice to know Exactly how they achieved this.

I want to do the same in Canada!

DublinBrian

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 08:59:52 PM

i live in a small place on the edge of akershus / østfold, and ive gotten a few of the shop owners interested in bitcoin Smiley
That gives me an idea. Instead of having the Bitcoin conferences in big cities like London, New York, Prague where we are not noticed, we should have the conference in a small town where it makes a much bigger impression.

In most countries, there are regional Tourist Authorities that try to attract conferences to their resorts, especially in the low season. This can be used as a leverage for bitcoin adoption. So we say to a big hotel/resort that we will take 200 hotel rooms if they agree to accept bitcoin for payment. And simultaneously we say to the local chamber of commerce that we will bring 300 conference attendees to their town if the local businesses add bitcoin to their payment options.
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 09:04:27 PM

If I remember correctly, TV reporters asked a representative of the Central Bank and she just answered.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 02:05:53 AM

I guess people just being normal, and not some stuck upp assfuck like most governmental employees. I talked to the financial supervisor dept. in Norway about bitcoin, and they told me I would be held responsible for any possible money laundering of a service of mine, even if bitcoin was not covered by any current law. Didn't seem they were too comfortable with the subject.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 02:14:43 AM

That gives me an idea. Instead of having the Bitcoin conferences in big cities like London, New York, Prague where we are not noticed, we should have the conference in a small town where it makes a much bigger impression.

In most countries, there are regional Tourist Authorities that try to attract conferences to their resorts, especially in the low season. This can be used as a leverage for bitcoin adoption. So we say to a big hotel/resort that we will take 200 hotel rooms if they agree to accept bitcoin for payment. And simultaneously we say to the local chamber of commerce that we will bring 300 conference attendees to their town if the local businesses add bitcoin to their payment options.

That seems like a decent plan. I bet a lot of bitcoiners would be willing to trek to a more out of the way destination for a goal like that.

I doubt that "If your local businesses accept bitcoin then we'll come" is the way to go, but more like "We're coming, tell your local businesses we have bitcoins to spend and we're going to buy where they are accepted." With the exception of the venue itself perhaps. Shop around until you find a satisfactory venue that will accept coin then go tell chamber of commerce, local media etc.

Might work even better for like a week long bitcoin party/vacation/conference.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Herodes

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 02:20:27 AM

That seems like a decent plan. I bet a lot of bitcoiners would be willing to trek to a more out of the way destination for a goal like that.

I doubt that "If your local businesses accept bitcoin then we'll come" is the way to go, but more like "We're coming, tell your local businesses we have bitcoins to spend and we're going to buy where they are accepted." With the exception of the venue itself perhaps. Shop around until you find a satisfactory venue that will accept coin then go tell chamber of commerce, local media etc.

great idea. Perhaps a low cost area as well ? Poland, Latvia ? Thailand, Phillipines ?
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 08:40:47 AM

That is a wonderful idea!

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
cedus

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 11:15:39 AM

great idea. Perhaps a low cost area as well ? Poland, Latvia ? Thailand, Phillipines ?

+1 for Thailand.

Bitcoin2013 in Thailand and 2014 again in Europe... and in Finland of course (by then every business accepts bitcoins here). Cool
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 11:43:09 AM

+1 for Thailand.

A week long bitcoin party in Thailand. Well, count me in.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Draino

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 01:26:47 PM

yeah bitcoin doesn't have enough of an image problem as it is, lets get the human traffickers on board
paulie_w

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 02:50:21 PM

i think the image just needs to keep getting dirtier and dirtier

the more it is associated with and used by the underground, the better it is for its own validation as a currency or store of value.

much worse is coming!
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 04:18:39 PM

yeah bitcoin doesn't have enough of an image problem as it is, lets get the human traffickers on board

Yes, let's collectivize and slander an entire beautiful country.

Thailand is amazing, btw.
Herodes

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 09:02:09 PM

Nothing wrong with Thailand, a conference need not be held in a city like pattaya, like the infamous Bruce once suggested..

What about Island  ?

It has a tradition for supporting free spech.

Imaginary title: "Core dev team bath"

I think there's natural heated pools as well! Smiley
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 10:48:48 PM

Nothing wrong with Thailand, a conference need not be held in a city like pattaya, like the infamous Bruce once suggested..

What about Island  ?

It has a tradition for supporting free spech.

Imaginary title: "Core dev team bath"

I think there's natural heated pools as well! Smiley

+100 Cheesy
from iceland hehe Cheesy

Draino

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 01:06:24 AM

i'm sure it is a beautiful place in many ways

but it's not slander if it's true: thailand has a serious human trafficking issue
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking_in_Thailand
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 01:33:00 AM

but it's not slander if it's true: thailand has a serious human trafficking issue

US has it problems too... only Canada and Finland is truly without sin  Cheesy

lol

week long party, sounds gr8!

we should plan a trip

The Bitcoin Euro Trip, I'd join in on the fun!

we'll just wait a few months for are wallets start feeling "the bitcoin effect"  Wink

Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 05:49:21 AM

US has it problems too... only Canada and Finland is truly without sin  Cheesy

lol

week long party, sounds gr8!

we should plan a trip

The Bitcoin Euro Trip, I'd join in on the fun!

we'll just wait a few months for are wallets start feeling "the bitcoin effect"  Wink

On the downside, this would most likely end with Thailand's barkeepers having >80% of all Bitcoins.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 05:55:05 PM

Hello, as an off topic,  I have the bitcoinfinland.info domain name for sale. Good for bitcoin market or minig pool. If you are interested in purchasing this domain name, please contact me with your offer. Thanks.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: