Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:08:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling USD Pennies worth over $1k!  (Read 4029 times)
BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:16:57 AM

I dont think anyone is trying to set you up man.  People are just cautious.  You are new as far as here on bct so pics and escrow would be a good start. But if I were you $300 would be good id take it and move on, but I dont know much about your pennys.  And I think he was refererencing your post above that said "yes it is a ms+ 95 A Grade."

No.....I set him up with the MS + 95  A grade...question..... this proved this person is willing to tell you anything to sell his Shiney new penny and doesn't know anything about coin collecting. But uses the excuse  of a guy that knows a guy who told him it was MS+...and a Web site with some prices..... even the old guys at the flee markets selling their coin collection would not use the term MS+?Huh?     .....with no pictures at all....  but now  has an offer for 300 dollars.....     And I'm the Dumb Ass.......  OP was probably arguing with the coin shop guys too...they just wanted him out of their shop and sent him downtown to the Auction?Huh?   

IM not saying I am a coin grading , rare coin collector or even a coin collector at all..... but I understand the language that is used...   Hell... every coin that is broke out of a roll is a MS70 to an untrained eye... but yet this guy has the very one that worth 1 cool grand , even tho its been touched by human hands and he got it as change for a slurpy

OP. COME BACK WITH A SLABBED  2007 PENNY PICTURE ( no matter what the grade is) Next to a piece of paper with your username AND THEN MAYBE PEOPLE WILL CARE....but at this moment I'm seeing a scam attempt....
Coinseuthquestions

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 02:02:06 AM

Nah dude, Those are people who have no knowledge of the pennies just selling. I called 2 stores recently around me and One said that they werent worth anything and the other said I'll need to contact an auction since I have one in MS+ Condition, So this is worth money. Thanks for trying to instill me with knowledge though!

You have to get it officially graded in order to recognize the value.  A loose coin in ungraded mint state will not fetch the premium.  

It is true that a coin with MS68+ would be very rare, but it has little to do with the 2007 date since it is not a scarce mintage, but rather the condition.  The reason a PCGS MS68 coin is worth over $1k is because there have been only 4 graded that high in the world and the chances of getting your coin graded that high are very low.  

As a comparison, a MS68 2007 cent is available on ebay for $1300 and a MS67 2007 Lincoln Cent is available for around $40 on ebay right now.  Mind these are list prices and not actual prices coins have sold for and they are also graded by PCGS which costs money as well.

If you believe you have coins in the MS68 condition, the only way you can realize the price is to have them professionally graded.  Can you post pics of your coins?

Hi! I have been going through my grandfathers coins and came across these 2007 d coins. I've received a lot of different explanations of the values of these from online sources and charts. Could any one tell me if these are worth having looked at please? Thanks so much!! http://imgur.com/A6VS9pU. http://imgur.com/A6VS9pU
Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 10:54:13 PM

Yes with an image, or maybe a "scan" at 1080 dpi, we can see much better what is the classification for the coins…
But you don't ever ask more info in a forum for coin collector?!?

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
noel57

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:21:18 AM

Regardless of your quoted prices I am interested but do you accept escrow also will you cover the shipping fees.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: