Bitcoin Forum
November 20, 2017, 02:49:22 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How old is the MtGox 'last' price?  (Read 575 times)
CryptoFreak33

Activity: 57

BitVendor Developer, Software Engineer, Geek

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 11:17:11 PM

When I look at the 'last' price at MtGox, I'm wondering how old it is? Is it refreshed each time the page/API is called or on a timed basis? How strongly can I rely on it for the current Btc price without worry of it changing drastically in the next 30 seconds or so?

BitVendor: The Bitcoin based point of sale system. Find out more at www.bitvendor.net
Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
TangibleCryptography

Activity: 476

Tangible Cryptography LLC

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 11:19:03 PM

It is based on the last trade. Smiley
It could be a fraction of a second or it could be hours (unlikely).
It is rare for there to be a period of time with no trades longer than say a minute.

It could change very very drastically in 30 seconds especially in a panic sell.  Generally speaking the intra hour volatility is much lower these days.

Taking a look at a chart might help you visualize the swings and frequency of trades.

http://btccharts.com/#m=mtgox-BTC-USD
CryptoFreak33

Activity: 57

BitVendor Developer, Software Engineer, Geek

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 12:08:25 AM

Thank you, TangibleCryptograhy. That helps a a lot! That gives me a bit more confidence in using it for product pricing/conversion,

BitVendor: The Bitcoin based point of sale system. Find out more at www.bitvendor.net
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.