Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:54:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlas and a public plea  (Read 7622 times)
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 01:44:35 AM

Now, don't tell me trolling is a bannable offense!  Grin
Why not ? You just earned my ignore buddy.  Grin Grin Grin
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 01:52:58 AM

I can always push that ignore button if Atlas starts to annoy me too much. So far it worked for others.

While this seems to work in theory, in practice, you still see the user has written a post, it's just that the post is hidden and minimized.

It would be better if ignored users were completely removed from your viewing a thread.
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 01:57:20 AM

I can always push that ignore button if Atlas starts to annoy me too much. So far it worked for others.

While this seems to work in theory, in practice, you still see the user has written a post, it's just that the post is hidden and minimized.

It would be better if ignored users were completely removed from your viewing a thread.

Yea, it would be a nice option.
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 02:35:10 AM

I see one problem with Atlas posts and topic.  Very little content with almost no original idea conveyed.

Many of his post are intentionally biased, incomprehensible, with incomplete or vague ideas.  This has the effect of sparking a slew of one liners response like :

"YOU ARE WRONG!"
"WHAT ??"
"SO WHAT ?"
"Shut up, no care."

Aka. One liners,

This place is not 4chan or IRC !

@Atlas, Have a glance at these users posts and compare. Try not feeding the trolls and obviously, don't act like one.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=34137;sa=showPosts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=41159;sa=showPosts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=41048;sa=showPosts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=43745;sa=showPosts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=41363;sa=showPosts

Would you rather me appeal to authority, god or religion in subjective matters? All one can do in a discussion is state their opinion and their premises for that opinion. I think you are asking for too much out of people otherwise. Do you want me to just agree?

Now, don't tell me trolling is a bannable offense!  Grin
Why not ? You just earned my ignore buddy.  Grin Grin Grin

And you're no better.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 05:00:31 AM
Last edit: September 13, 2012, 05:14:01 AM by Transisto

Would you rather me appeal to authority, god or religion in subjective matters? All one can do in a discussion is state their opinion and their premises for that opinion. ...

What about doing some research before making a topic ?

Ps : On your 911 topic, You could have taken random video from any "9/11" youtube search and you'd have most likely ended up with better content.

For fuck sake have you every heard of "Architects & Engineers For 9/11 Truth" movement ?

you can reply here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108743.60
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 05:02:58 AM

Why not ? You just earned my ignore buddy.  Grin Grin Grin
And you're no better.
If this is not trolling what is it ?

Asking to get explained why people filter content... GTFO !
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 09:17:04 AM

who is this Atlas fella, care to give some background for us noobs?

I lol'd

I'm brand fucking new, even I've seen like 28 atlas threads so far
Atlas is the most famous person in Bitcoin after me Cheesy.

Monster-Ant

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

The ants came marching one by one

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 09:22:08 PM

Would you rather me appeal to authority, god or religion in subjective matters? All one can do in a discussion is state their opinion and their premises for that opinion. I think you are asking for too much out of people otherwise. Do you want me to just agree?
I'd rather your opinions were grounded in facts with research, even if they are different from mine. I'd rather you had opinions rather than just parrot shit you don't understand.

Right now you're nothing but a white noise generator that is somehow more irritating. I've got a video-card with a bad bearing that provides more use than you and is less annoying.

You're a broken record, blathering on about stuff you haven't researched, don't understand, or just parroting a youtube link. Most of your thread starters seem to be little more than a link and some drivel with misused 3-dollar words. You start threads, not for discussion, but to hear yourself talk and hope people tell you how right you are to validate your extremely ignorant and limited world view. Nobody cares about what shiny Youtube video caught your ADD riddled attention, nobody cares about your laughable Randian misinterpreted blatherings, and you're only amusing to the point where we can all point and laugh at you. You come across as pompous and a windbag, and your blinding I'm right and all the plebes are wrong attitude just makes you into more of a clown.

You're a clown who's facepaint is half-understood Randian philosophies, who's wig is nothing more than whatever new political theory makes you believe you're better than anyone else, and who's magic tricks are old Youtube videos and petty parlor tricks.

I guess what I"m saying is: Shut the hell up until you have something constructive, informative, or interesting to say.

1B6RGmWBSWyFHuoZtUjbvjSp58rPfoubGC - Oh God what is that?
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 05:22:56 AM

He's already using more than one account.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109676.0

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 05:48:37 AM

He's already using more than one account.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109676.0

...or not.

I'm Atlas, but not really.... this is a sockpuppet of a non-Atlas account (mods can check IP).
Grin

whitelist request for fake-Atlas.

Grin

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 12:05:25 AM

IMO everyone on this forum has far too much of an obsession with this guy. he is annoying to you? So what, this forum is filled with dildos much worse than him. Everyone's energy here could be much better spent masturbating or shooting heroin into their balls.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 12:10:23 AM

Everyone's energy here could be much better spent masturbating or shooting heroin into their balls.

Shocked Shocked

To the silkroad.

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 12:11:54 AM

IMO everyone on this forum has far too much of an obsession with this guy. he is annoying to you? So what, this forum is filled with dildos much worse than him. Everyone's energy here could be much better spent masturbating or shooting heroin into their balls.

LMAO. Pissed off with Atlas? Whack off. You'll feel better.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:00:32 PM

I don't think that on the grounds of personal attacks, a fair mod could ban Atlas and not ban Reeses, Psy, and other "NO U, STFU you cock-sucking mongrel, I have better cocktails than you lying, jealous son of a bitch, I see you are masturbating furiously, go seek help with your mental problem" kind of users. It's bad etiquette for a moderator to punish pointless attacks on himself harder than attacks on others, so to justify a ban with this, the forum would have to ban hundreds of other users. Not that I think you shouldn't use the banhammer more. I think there are a few dozen users where it would be long justified. But that's a different topic.

Too much thread creation is an objective measure, and I agree that more than two threads started per day should not be the norm. I'm just saying that banning Atlas for too much personal attacking, derailing or trolling would be arbitrariness.
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 07:47:50 PM

This thread refuses to die.
dree12 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 08:06:01 PM

This thread refuses to die.
I apologize. I really do. If someone feels the need to discuss Atlas, they can do it in another thread.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: