Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:34:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 3000-6000 BTC loan - Hookah Lounge - 9/18/12 Update  (Read 55258 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 09:07:09 PM

"If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can. I've seen belief move cities, make men stave off death, and turn an evil hag's heart half-circle. This entire Fortress has been constructed from belief. Belief damned a woman, whose heart clung to the hope that another loved her when he did not. Once, it made a man seek immortality and achieve it. And it has made a posturing spirit think it is something more than a part of me."   - The Nameless One

I cried

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 09:11:49 PM

That's nice, too bad I'll be opening my own.

Did you know, there are hookah bars that have never gone bankrupt?  Especially with their rising popularity across the country.
Did you know vast majority of small businesses go bankrupt within their first two years?
Yes, and the exceptional ones, like mine, don't.
what makes you think your business is so special? inb4 any of that "positive energy" bullshit.
Exotic atmosphere, college town, 50,000+ customer base, zero competition.
Zero progress. No effort. No research. No touch with reality.

And Dank.

Add all of that up, and all you have is...

Dank.

It's called belief, whatever you believe is true.
get the f*ck out. believing in something only makes it true in your mind, which does nothing in the real world.
So if it makes it true in your mind, we do indeed form our reality from belief, don't we?  Define 'real world' for me.
It's outside. Try logging out of echo chambers, shutting off your computer, and GETTING A JOB. Or meeting people. Or doing SOMETHING constructive.

Aside from scrawling a business plan on a napkin and rubbing your face on guitar strings.
Thanks Monster, your thoughtful advice is very helpful.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
TheBible

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 11:46:21 PM

Site just opened yesterday lol But I can bet you 1 thing, there will be no trolling in business threads or off topic post such as this one Cheesy

Only in Bitcoins is giving constructive criticism considered trolling.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:00:03 AM

So dank, did you change your mind and launch Dank Glass or did someone steal your idea while you were practising guitar?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110251.0

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:19:39 AM

So dank, did you change your mind and launch Dank Glass or did someone steal your idea while you were practising guitar?

Looks like someone stole my idea, no worries, the hookah bar is my focus now.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
repentance

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:29:19 AM

So what have you managed to find out about the premises you have in mind and your other start up costs?  You said you'd have a business plan completed over the weekend so you should have some hard numbers by now.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
JMAHH

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:30:04 AM

Dank, that DankGlass post sounds like you. Coincidence?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:50:44 AM

So what have you managed to find out about the premises you have in mind and your other start up costs?  You said you'd have a business plan completed over the weekend so you should have some hard numbers by now.
I said I'd work on it over the next week, I'll post an update when I have something to share.

Dank, that DankGlass post sounds like you. Coincidence?
How so?  Proper use of the English language?

TheBible

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:51:48 AM

No dank, that's enough.  In the time you've been "planning" this hookah bar, a serious businessman would have already had the grand opening.  You haven't done anything.  You haven't even talked to the real estate agent.  It's time to stop walking around in the fog you're in and realize that you haven't done anything, and at the rate you're going, you never will.

Stop making excuses.  Call the real estate agent.  Price real, restaurant quality furniture.  Stop being lazy and stop trying to cut corners.  Do it right, for once.  You keep talking about all you've accomplished, but so far, you don't even own a guitar but are convinced you'll soon be a rock star (with no lessons, of course), you don't even have a place to put a hookah bar because you won't call the real estate agent, dank glass was stolen from you by someone who actually has initiative, and you still don't have the loan you need to make any of this possible because your business plan is to magically will money into your bank account through the power of positive thinking.

I can't believe that you believe that what you believe becomes reality, and this is the reality you chose for yourself.  Get off your lazy, stupid ass and actually do something, you fucking sponge.  People all over lending are getting loans, and you're getting laughed at.  Just why do you think that is, dank?

I said I'd work on it over the next week, I'll post an update when I have something to share.

And just what are you so damned busy with?  A real job?  A girlfriend?  Family?  I guess I have to remind you again that potential investors will make their decisions based on your representation of yourself and your business idea in this thread, and so far, all they're going to see is a guy who asked for a loan before he even had his paperwork ready, is unwilling to do any of the research or prep-work necessary, who won't answer questions, and believes that magic will make his business successful.

Just who do you think is going to loan you money based on this, dank?

But damned if this isn't exactly what to expect from a libertarian leaning community.  Bitcoin was already a joke, but you dank, are the punchline.
JMAHH

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:59:11 AM

O_O

[edit] And who the hell might you be, Bible?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 03:13:09 AM

No dank, that's enough.  In the time you've been "planning" this hookah bar, a serious businessman would have already had the grand opening.  You haven't done anything.  You haven't even talked to the real estate agent.  It's time to stop walking around in the fog you're in and realize that you haven't done anything, and at the rate you're going, you never will.

Stop making excuses.  Call the real estate agent.  Price real, restaurant quality furniture.  Stop being lazy and stop trying to cut corners.  Do it right, for once.  You keep talking about all you've accomplished, but so far, you don't even own a guitar but are convinced you'll soon be a rock star (with no lessons, of course)
I bought a guitar about a month ago.  Did Jimi Hendrix take guitar lessons?

Get off your lazy, stupid ass and actually do something, you fucking sponge.  People all over lending are getting loans, and you're getting laughed at.  Just why do you think that is, dank?
I am not a sponge.

And just what are you so damned busy with?

Just who do you think is going to loan you money based on this, dank?
I just completed an advertisement for a magazine, for 10 BTC.  I've played a good amount of guitar over the weekend, as well.  Definitely getting better.

I have $5000/$25000+ towards the project

But damned if this isn't exactly what to expect from a libertarian leaning community.  Bitcoin was already a joke, but you dank, are the punchline.
I guess, we will see.

smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 03:35:44 AM

I have $5000/$25000+ towards the project

$5000/$25000 = $.20 which is 20 pennies.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 03:44:03 AM

$5000 out of $25000 needed.

BorderBits

Activity: 275

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:16:31 AM

If you have such a great plan, why not throw up a kickstarter project?  You could put up fliers and go door to door in college neighborhoods in order to get investment from the people who would benefit from the hookah lounge.  What better way to judge actual interest in your project than by getting potential customers to fund its opening.  Plus, your kickstarter money is essentially donations; there's no obligation to treat donators as investors.  Of course, it would require work but obviously your thread that's turned into one big joke isn't getting your project off the ground. 
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:18:18 AM

I'd prefer not to advertise the fact that there are no hookah bars in my city.  And I don't believe I could efficiently gather that amount of funds through that method.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

repentance

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:20:49 AM

$5000 out of $25000 needed.

Is that pledged funds or have you actually got the funds in hand and an agreement signed with the lender/investor? 

BorderBits

Activity: 275

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:33:49 AM

I'd prefer not to advertise the fact that there are no hookah bars in my city.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

What does that even mean?  If you opened the bar, would you also prefer not to advertise that there's only one in town? If you would be successful, you would see competition fairly soon anyways.  You're going to want to create a buzz (no pun intended) long before the grand opening.  What better way than getting to know your clientele with a grass-roots funding effort that essentially would bring in free money?  A friend of mine just opened a microbrewery this way.  They raised enough funds to buy equipment to begin brewing very small batches.  Through their funding efforts they made connections with most bar owners in a small college town who agreed to carry their beer on tap if they got funded and started producing.  They got funded, started brewing, and then showed what they had done to a bank who gave them a very large loan to expand the operation due to increased demand.  Within a little over a year, they are already in the process of a third expansion in order to become distributed regionally.  Point being, a good idea with grass-roots community involvement can be very successful and build a loyal base before even lighting up that first hookah.  
heatstroke

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:39:52 AM

I bought a guitar about a month ago.  Did Jimi Hendrix take guitar lessons?

Ok, let's just put this baby to bed, since you're so enamoured with Jimi Hendrix, who (in your mind) picked up a guitar for the first time and played Woodstock the next day.  This is good enough justification for you to smoke pot all day and twiddle your fingers until the bitcoin community funds your millionaire rockstar dreams.

From Wikipedia:

"At age 15, around the time his mother died, Hendrix acquired his first acoustic guitar for $5 from an acquaintance of his father.... Learning "by ear" by spending "hours and hours" with the one-string instrument, "playing single notes, [Hendrix] still followed along to a couple of Elvis Presley songs on the radio." He learned to play guitar by continuing to apply himself. Daily, he practised for several hours, watched others, got tips from more experienced guitarists, and listened to Ernestine Benson's blues records by Muddy Waters, B.B. King, Howlin' Wolf, Robert Johnson and other artists."

Dank, you practice as much in a month as Jimi did on a one-string guitar in a day, maybe two.  Eddie Van Halen played guitar daily since age 4.  Do you see how there's a enormous difference in drive and determination between you and the masters?

And yet here you are in this thread, telling us how your hookah bar pipe dream is going to go gangbusters based on a couple of numbers in an excel file you made up in a weekend.

What's it going to take for you to admit that being laughed at by everyone on the bitcoin forums as you shake the cup for 'investors' is getting you nowhere.
RurrayMothbard

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:40:23 AM

"If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can. I've seen belief move cities, make men stave off death, and turn an evil hag's heart half-circle. This entire Fortress has been constructed from belief. Belief damned a woman, whose heart clung to the hope that another loved her when he did not. Once, it made a man seek immortality and achieve it. And it has made a posturing spirit think it is something more than a part of me."   - The Nameless One

Dank, as life-affirming as it may feel, you can't just choose the most pleasurable stone in the public Sensorium and gaze into it all day, every day.

At some point, you're going to have to enter the Fortress of Regrets.

That's just how life is.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:51:22 AM

I'd prefer not to advertise the fact that there are no hookah bars in my city.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

What does that even mean?  If you opened the bar, would you also prefer not to advertise that there's only one in town? If you would be successful, you would see competition fairly soon anyways.  You're going to want to create a buzz (no pun intended) long before the grand opening.  What better way than getting to know your clientele with a grass-roots funding effort that essentially would bring in free money?  A friend of mine just opened a microbrewery this way.  They raised enough funds to buy equipment to begin brewing very small batches.  Through their funding efforts they made connections with most bar owners in a small college town who agreed to carry their beer on tap if they got funded and started producing.  They got funded, started brewing, and then showed what they had done to a bank who gave them a very large loan to expand the operation due to increased demand.  Within a little over a year, they are already in the process of a third expansion in order to become distributed regionally.  Point being, a good idea with grass-roots community involvement can be very successful and build a loyal base before even lighting up that first hookah.  
How much did he raise initially, if you don't mind me asking?  And how long did it take?

I bought a guitar about a month ago.  Did Jimi Hendrix take guitar lessons?

Ok, let's just put this baby to bed, since you're so enamoured with Jimi Hendrix, who (in your mind) picked up a guitar for the first time and played Woodstock the next day.
Did I say that?  No, don't think so, he was probably no better than I am now when he started.

I've been playing anywhere from 3-6 hours daily, recently.  I guess I'll have to post some more samples tomorrow.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: