Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:18:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 3000-6000 BTC loan - Hookah Lounge - 9/18/12 Update  (Read 55255 times)
Maniac479

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 10:53:28 PM

It's naive to think someone is going to lend Dank $30,000 to $60,000 for a hookah lounge, no matter what business plans and excel sheets he provides.

He didn't fuck off anything. He's just naive, which is to be expected of someone his age. My .0002 bitcoin.

YOU fucked off the hookah lounge.

Nobody else. Nothing else.

You fucked it off.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Monster-Ant

Activity: 112

The ants came marching one by one

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 10:54:38 PM

Why do you get angry at my posts?

Because he volunteered his time and energy trying to help you, and you can't be bothered to TRY to learn a damn thing.

Would make any reasonable person angry.
To me, a reasonable person would not get upset over what someone else (let alone someone else on the internet) thinks or says.

Monster, I've gained quite a bit of advice from this thread.  To me, that is a success.
Christ, you're about as thick headed as they come, ain'tcha?

I keep telling you I ain't angry, I ain't upset, and you insist I am, yet get pissed off when other people make deductions from your posts?

Pot to kettle. Pot to kettle. You are rusty. Over.

1B6RGmWBSWyFHuoZtUjbvjSp58rPfoubGC - Oh God what is that?
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:00:59 PM

Why do you get angry at my posts?

Because he volunteered his time and energy trying to help you, and you can't be bothered to TRY to learn a damn thing.

Would make any reasonable person angry.
To me, a reasonable person would not get upset over what someone else (let alone someone else on the internet) thinks or says.

Monster, I've gained quite a bit of advice from this thread.  To me, that is a success.
Christ, you're about as thick headed as they come, ain'tcha?

I keep telling you I ain't angry, I ain't upset, and you insist I am, yet get pissed off when other people make deductions from your posts?

Pot to kettle. Pot to kettle. You are rusty. Over.
I was responding to mlawrence.  Your tone does come off as disgruntled though.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Monster-Ant

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:18:33 PM

And talking about me.

Christ, you think I sound disgruntled? I haven't once told you that you'd be better off packing your shit, going home to Mommy, and asking her to beat you for being a goddamn ignorant moron. I haven't once said that the only people in your life who've had any success is your parents for getting rid of the leech that was dragging them down. Nor have I sent you links to places that do cut-rate ball-snipping before you breed and pollute the fucking gene pool.

You remind me of those kids that would get all upset at their monthly reviews and practically cry because they weren't told that they were special and perfect and instead told where they needed to work on their abilities.

Considering your reply to my list of questions was to whine that it wasn't blowing sunshine up your ass, your idea of angry and disgruntled seems to be anyone who doesn't immediately tell you how wonderful and special you are.

The saddest thing? When I saw you were a graphic artist I'd had work for you. In dirty fiat money, true, but money all the same.

Between your threads and your other posts, I decided to give the work to artists who could make deadlines and take criticism. During the time this thread rolled on I bought 3 covers and 12 interior images. True, I paid with them with dirty dirty US dollars, but I still paid. On time. On deadline. To artists who could make the deadlines.

After all, you were the one who posted that following deadlines wasn't how you rolled.

It's naive to think someone is going to lend Dank $30,000 to $60,000 for a hookah lounge, no matter what business plans and excel sheets he provides.
Not really. About six months ago a friend of mine's son got a sizable bank loan to open a business because he had a plan, did the research, became familiar with local laws and licensing fees and regulations, and he was 18 by a month.

The difference was: That kid had a dream AND a plan. Dank's got a dream.

Which is why that kid has a business and Dank's trying to convince everyone that him rubbing his ballsack on a guitar will let him overcome the need for lessons to be the next Jimi Hendrix.

Maniac479

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:24:15 PM

Not really. About six months ago a friend of mine's son got a sizable bank loan to open a business because he had a plan, did the research, became familiar with local laws and licensing fees and regulations, and he was 18 by a month.

Which is why that kid has a business and Dank's trying to convince everyone that him rubbing his ballsack on a guitar will let him overcome the need for lessons to be the next Jimi Hendrix.

The difference was: That kid went to a bank, not some online forum for computer geeks! What is the most ANYONE has been lent on here anyway? I mean, I can see lending someone maybe twenty bucks on a forum, if they were a friend or something. But $30,000+? C'mon, that's ridiculous, ain't it?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:27:08 PM

And talking about me.

Christ, you think I sound disgruntled? I haven't once told you that you'd be better off packing your shit, going home to Mommy, and asking her to beat you for being a goddamn ignorant moron. I haven't once said that the only people in your life who've had any success is your parents for getting rid of the leech that was dragging them down. Nor have I sent you links to places that do cut-rate ball-snipping before you breed and pollute the fucking gene pool.

You remind me of those kids that would get all upset at their monthly reviews and practically cry because they weren't told that they were special and perfect and instead told where they needed to work on their abilities.

Considering your reply to my list of questions was to whine that it wasn't blowing sunshine up your ass, your idea of angry and disgruntled seems to be anyone who doesn't immediately tell you how wonderful and special you are.

The saddest thing? When I saw you were a graphic artist I'd had work for you. In dirty fiat money, true, but money all the same.

Between your threads and your other posts, I decided to give the work to artists who could make deadlines and take criticism. During the time this thread rolled on I bought 3 covers and 12 interior images. True, I paid with them with dirty dirty US dollars, but I still paid. On time. On deadline. To artists who could make the deadlines.

After all, you were the one who posted that following deadlines wasn't how you rolled.

You misunderstood what I said about deadlines.  I don't list out deadlines for the next week and plan my life out.  If I have something to get done, I get it done.  You can ask my clients, I work fairly fast on my graphic design.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Monster-Ant

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:31:45 PM

You misunderstood what I said about deadlines.  I don't list out deadlines for the next week and plan my life out.  If I have something to get done, I get it done.  You can ask my clients, I work fairly fast on my graphic design.

You said that deadlines weren't how you rolled. Plain and simple. You don't list out deadlines and make plans.

Ordering 1 piece is different from what I needed.

Sorry, kid, but you weren't what I needed. You can't plan out things, you can't look ahead to the future, I can't rely on you. I can't rely on you, I ain't hiring you. If I wanted someone who "lives in the moment" I'd hire a fucking meth-head to do graphic design. At least him I could pump full of meth and get my picture in like 30 minutes.

EDIT: And you STILL haven't told us about ONE experience that makes you so experienced. You keep alluding to the fact that you have tons of experience, possibly even more than someone older who just goes to work and watches TV, but yet you still haven't thrown up one real life (non-internet) experience that might convince us that you have experience to make judgements on whether or not mental disorders are real.

After all, you flat out said that mental disorders aren't real.

Tell us about the experience(s) that proved this. Maybe we'll become a believer!

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 11:52:21 PM

You misunderstood what I said about deadlines.  I don't list out deadlines for the next week and plan my life out.  If I have something to get done, I get it done.  You can ask my clients, I work fairly fast on my graphic design.

You said that deadlines weren't how you rolled. Plain and simple. You don't list out deadlines and make plans.

Ordering 1 piece is different from what I needed.

Sorry, kid, but you weren't what I needed. You can't plan out things, you can't look ahead to the future, I can't rely on you. I can't rely on you, I ain't hiring you. If I wanted someone who "lives in the moment" I'd hire a fucking meth-head to do graphic design. At least him I could pump full of meth and get my picture in like 30 minutes.

EDIT: And you STILL haven't told us about ONE experience that makes you so experienced. You keep alluding to the fact that you have tons of experience, possibly even more than someone older who just goes to work and watches TV, but yet you still haven't thrown up one real life (non-internet) experience that might convince us that you have experience to make judgements on whether or not mental disorders are real.

After all, you flat out said that mental disorders aren't real.

Tell us about the experience(s) that proved this. Maybe we'll become a believer!
I don't plan things but I can look into the future.  I live in the moment, that's all I said regarding deadlines.

When it comes to my clients' work, I do it in the moment as a priority.  Really don't care that I wasn't what you needed.

If I told you what I experienced, you wouldn't understand, so there's no point at explaining myself, again.  Maybe, you will find out what I experienced, one day.

Maniac479

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:03:32 AM

The difference was: That kid went to a bank, not some online forum for computer geeks! What is the most ANYONE has been lent on here anyway? I mean, I can see lending someone maybe twenty bucks on a forum, if they were a friend or something. But $30,000+? C'mon, that's ridiculous, ain't it?

3000+ BTC are frequently raised for legitimate business concerns in this forum. Many savvy businesspeople lurk / take part.

OK then, point me to a thread (or two) in which 3,000+ BTC were lent and paid back. From whom and to whom? For how long? On what terms (interest per annum)? Were there signed contracts?  

And I think there's been some discussion (maybe a lot of discussion) about whether or not you can sue for non-payment or breach of contract re: bitcoins. Has anyone ever done it? Even if there is a signed contract, what happens if you're not paid back? Do bitcoins have any legal status? All of this is standard procedure for a bank loan. With bitcoins, who the f&*k knows?
kentrolla

Activity: 1526
Merit: 564

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 12:05:00 AM

If I told you what I experienced, you wouldn't understand, so there's no point at explaining myself, again.  Maybe, you will find out what I experienced, one day.

I want to hear the story anyway. Even if I don't understand it, I think it will be entertaining nonetheless.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:08:26 AM

3000+ BTC are frequently raised for legitimate business concerns in this forum. Many savvy businesspeople lurk / take part.

OK then, point me to a thread (or two) in which 3,000+ BTC were lent and paid back. From whom and to whom? For how long? On what terms (interest per annum)? Were there signed contracts?   
Let's keep this thread somewhat on topic.

Kentrolla, I don't have time to explain my past with the amount of detail needed for you to comprehend it.  Maybe some other day.

Monster-Ant

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:09:52 AM

I don't plan things but I can look into the future.  I live in the moment, that's all I said regarding deadlines.
Meaning you can't plan your steps to make sure you meet the deadline.

When it comes to my clients' work, I do it in the moment as a priority.
Just... damn.
 Really don't care that I wasn't what you needed.
Good to know.

If I told you what I experienced, you wouldn't understand, so there's no point at explaining myself, again.  Maybe, you will find out what I experienced, one day.
Oh fucking please. You keep saying shit like this, and expect us to believe you? To take your word for it?
Kentrolla, I don't have time to explain my past with the amount of detail needed for you to comprehend it.  Maybe some other day.
You've got nothing but time.

You admitted, right here in this thread, that the hookah bar ain't happening. Of course, it wasn't your fault.

At least explain it. You might be surprised how well people understand things.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:12:46 AM

I don't plan things but I can look into the future.  I live in the moment, that's all I said regarding deadlines.
Meaning you can't plan your steps to make sure you meet the deadline.

When it comes to my clients' work, I do it in the moment as a priority.
Just... damn.
  Really don't care that I wasn't what you needed.
Good to know.

Oh fucking please. You keep saying shit like this, and expect us to believe you? To take your word for it?

Christ, Dank, you are so full of shit.
Whatever you say, Monster.  Almost everything you have learned was done so by taking peoples' word for it.  If I'm so full of shit, why do you keep responding?

kentrolla

Activity: 1526
Merit: 564

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2012, 12:12:58 AM

Let's keep this thread somewhat on topic.

I'm not asking you to explain your past. Just one story about you having a learning experience. You don't have to go into detail for me to comprehend it. Don't worry about that. I don't care if I can comprehend it or not, I just want to hear it. I'm not posting this to try to discredit you. I'm genuinely interested.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Monster-Ant

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:17:43 AM

Whatever you say, Monster.  Almost everything you have learned was done so by taking peoples' word for it.
This is where you tell me that textbooks, scientific evaluation, on the job training, schooling, and studying is just "taking other people's word for it' right?

All of that has just as much value and accuracy as the hobo in front of 7-11 screaming about the bee-people using the world tree to stop the filth from spreading, right?
  If I'm so full of shit, why do you keep responding?

You're full of shit about nobody understanding anything you've been through, because you're special and nobody can ever comprehend the crawling beneath your skin, and your beliefs are fundamental truths about  the world that everyone else just isn't smart enough to see.

We don't need your whole life story to understand one damn incident.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:19:38 AM

But $30,000+? C'mon, that's ridiculous, ain't it?

There've been larger single investments than that made, and of course pirate managed to borrow a shit-ton of BTC with essentially no business plan (I'm pretty sure he owes some individual lenders more than that).  

For the most part, though, people don't just throw money at ideas - those seeking funds, whether as debt or equity - need to be contributing and risking something of their own in the venture and have already done the research necessary to convince others of its viability.

Pretty much everyone on this board has access to at least two venture capitalists, but most ventures around here aren't the type of projects for which venture capital is most suitable (plus people around here hate sharing equity).  And most of the more pedestrian ventures people are looking to fund (there are very few truly novel ideas around here) aren't going to return enough to be attractive to the sub-prime lenders on this board.

There are definitely only a handful of projects/people I'd recommend to serious lenders/investors (and believe me, a lot of behind the scenes discussion goes on when those people are considering lending to people or investing in projects).  These threads are more suitable for people who only want to borrow a small amount of money/BTC for personal use or for those hoping to attract crowd funding.  They're not really the place to attract a couple of big lenders/investors for a project.

None of which means that the loans/investments made here are smart ones, only that loans and investments can be attracted here if you're pitching the right product.  That's not unique to this forum.  Got to any forum which is largely about getting maximum returns for minimal effort and you'll find similar dynamics.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:23:13 AM

We are on topic Dank, others have had tremendous success raising money on this forum, while you have spectacularly failed.
I haven't failed.  I've handled over 420 BTC worth of loans over the past year.  That's successful to me.

Whatever you say, Monster.  Almost everything you have learned was done so by taking peoples' word for it.
This is where you tell me that textbooks, scientific evaluation, on the job training, schooling, and studying is just "taking other people's word for it' right?

All of that has just as much value and accuracy as the hobo in front of 7-11 screaming about the bee-people using the world tree to stop the filth from spreading, right?
 If I'm so full of shit, why do you keep responding?

You're full of shit about nobody understanding anything you've been through, because you're special and nobody can ever comprehend the crawling beneath your skin, and your beliefs are fundamental truths about  the world that everyone else just isn't smart enough to see.

We don't need your whole life story to understand one damn incident.
Well, yeah.  Do you know that George Washington existed or do you believe he existed because of others' word?

One incident wouldn't explain anything without the rest of my life.  One experience doesn't make up my life.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:41:24 AM

dank glass appears to have sold a dragon.  Off course one of the other pieces for sale is cracked...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110259.0

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Monster-Ant

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 12:48:07 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 01:02:32 AM by Monster-Ant

Well, yeah.  Do you know that George Washington existed or do you believe he existed because of others' word?
This is where I do get a little annoyed.

Idiot psycho-babble and psuedo-intellectualism by people claiming to be highly intelligent, who cherry pick ideas and facts in order to make up a world view that is consistent with them being the best and the brightest is the sure sign of someone being full of shit.

Now, I can go through and point at the fact I've seen museum pieces with his signature on them (including his pay-book from the Army post-Revolutionary War), point at the pictures and at the writings of other people, and show you that it does, in fact, prove that he existed.

Which you'll say: "But you're just taking other people's word that all this is his, maaaaan. What if, like, he didn't exist, maaaan?"

Hippies fucking annoyed me 20 years ago, and retreaded psuedo-intellectual bullshit from an 18-year old now is something I find annoying.

Basically, you're doing whatever you can to justify the fact that you aren't going to college.

You honestly don't understand why you can't just teach yourself everything you want to know, and because you can't process why a learning environment and proper instructors is important, you have managed to craft a world view where they are not, and expect everyone to see how smart you are.

It's the same bullshit stuff that dumbasses used to sound deep 25 years ago, and it sounds just as stupid today.

One incident wouldn't explain anything without the rest of my life.  One experience doesn't make up my life.
Then try to explain something.

You keep talking all this shit, Dank, and making excuses.

We're all intelligent people here. I'm pretty sure we can draw conclusions based on normal humans and highly intelligent people and figure things out.

We don't need your whole fucking life story to understand one goddamn experience.

Or are you basically shrieking and waving your arms around to try to convince us that your life is so magical and special that the only way to understand about the time you got an erection in class and Mary Joe Rottencrotch laughed at you is to get your whole life story up to that point?

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 01:05:41 AM

Maybe you should work on not letting others' beliefs annoy you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: