Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:11:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 3000-6000 BTC loan - Hookah Lounge - 9/18/12 Update  (Read 55255 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 08:12:11 PM

nckrazze offered 10 percent, for like a day.  When it would clearly take more than a day to get the funds through.

Greed is unsavory to you, but you are living off of money invested in a 'low risk' 'fully insured' ponzi scheme.

Either you have an inheritance or something coming that will wipe your currently accuring debts out later, or you are a troll/scammer. There really is no other option at this point.
Dank Bank does not function as a ponzi.  If I was trying to run a ponzi, I wouldn't pick dank as a name, I wouldn't broadcast my personal opinion, I wouldn't talk about smoking weed or anything that may seem the least bit controversial and I sure wouldn't show senbonzakura and Eisenhower my ID.  I haven't inherited shit, I have worked my way up from nothing since the beginning of the year.  You know what I'll continue doing?  Working my way up.  When I'm a well known musician, towards the end of the year, these debts won't be a problem, just as they're not a problem now.

The deposit taker most accused of being a scammer is the only one that hasn't scammed people, is that not dreadfully ironic to anybody else?  And I'm the one who can't admit when I'm wrong.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2012, 08:34:11 PM

You paid interest from new deposits, that's a ponzi. Just cause you didn't know what a ponzi is when you did it doesn't mean it isn't a ponzi. Even if you don't intend for it to be a ponzi, you've still crossed the line into being a ponzi. Before you were just an idiot taking on debt and paying stupid interest rates in the naive belief you'll totally be a rock star within a year. Learning to play guitar well takes far longer than a year, and will demand a minimum of 3-5 hours of practice a day, every day. 

You're taking deposits, using the money for personal reasons, and paying interest from new deposits. Your interest rates are unsustainable and you're starting to get in over your head. Why would you saddle yourself with so much debt? Eventually you'll go broke trying to pay off the interest, or default and disappear. ID or not. You're renting, have admitted you have no friends, your family doesn't understand you, don't trust you enough to lend you money. What is it about you that makes you low risk again? The only thing you've ever done that I can see is play guitar badly, make a few photoshop logos, and accidentally figure out how a ponzi works. Get a clue Dank.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 08:39:44 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2012, 09:19:21 PM by repentance

When I'm a well known musician, towards the end of the year, these debts won't be a problem, just as they're not a problem now.

You really think that you're going to become a well known musician by the end of the year?  Or even by the end of next year?

The idea that you're going to become wildly successful within months has been a common theme in your requests for money.  You said something similar when you were soliciting funds for a car, when you wanted money for a motorcycle, and when you wanted people to give you money so you could rent a house.  You actually have your house now and yet those thousands you predicted you'd be making within months of getting a house don't seem to be rolling in.  You claim to now have land as well.  Why hasn't the success you stated would happen within months of you getting a house happened?

Your hookah lounge venture alone has gone from something which was going to happen within a month to something which was going to happen before the end of this year to something which will now "happen in time".  It's literally taken less than a month for you to go from the hookah lounge being your immediate project to it being a "whenever" thing, which doesn't speak well for your ability to remain committed to anything.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 09:17:19 PM

You paid interest from new deposits, that's a ponzi. Just cause you didn't know what a ponzi is when you did it doesn't mean it isn't a ponzi. Even if you don't intend for it to be a ponzi, you've still crossed the line into being a ponzi. Before you were just an idiot taking on debt and paying stupid interest rates in the naive belief you'll totally be a rock star within a year. Learning to play guitar well takes far longer than a year, and will demand a minimum of 3-5 hours of practice a day, every day.  

You're taking deposits, using the money for personal reasons, and paying interest from new deposits. Your interest rates are unsustainable and you're starting to get in over your head. Why would you saddle yourself with so much debt? Eventually you'll go broke trying to pay off the interest, or default and disappear. ID or not. You're renting, have admitted you have no friends, your family doesn't understand you, don't trust you enough to lend you money. What is it about you that makes you low risk again? The only thing you've ever done that I can see is play guitar badly, make a few photoshop logos, and accidentally figure out how a ponzi works. Get a clue Dank.
I did not pay interest with new deposits, that's not how Dank Bank works.  I just returned over 150 BTC in principle deposits, why would a scammer do such a thing?  I do have friends, just not a bunch of people I don't give a shit about called 'friends,' I have four real friends, whom trust me, two of them have lent me money.

You have no idea what I've done/am doing in my life, not a clue.

When I'm a well known musician, towards the end of the year, these debts won't be a problem, just as they're not a problem now.

You really think that you're going to become a well known musician by the end of the year?  Or even by the end of next year?

The idea that you're going to become wildly successful within months has been a common theme in your requests for money.  You said something similar when you were soliciting funds for a car, when you wanted money for a motorcycle, and when you wanted people to give you money so you could rent a house.  You actually have your house now and yet those thousands you predicted you'd be making within months of getting a house don't seem to be rolling in.  You claim to now have land as well.  Why hasn't the success you stated would happen within months of you getting a house happened?
Yes, I will be one of the greatest musicians by the end of 2012.

Learning a skill only takes as much time as you make it.  Time isn't real, nothing is stopping you from accomplishing things sooner by pushing yourself harder.  All you have to do is just do it.  If you haven't noticed, humans have been evolving quite rapidly, lowering the amount of time it takes for the same change to occur.  So far, I've been good at sparing at least 3-5 hours/day for guitar, 8-10 on some days.  Seems I am right on track.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
repentance

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 09:24:31 PM

This forum needs toxx clauses.  How about you agree to be labelled as a scammer if you are not one of the greatest musicians by the end of 2012?  Let's start talking about how to define "greatest musicians" so that determining whether or not you've met that goal is a simple matter.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
capn noe

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 09:26:06 PM

Wait a second.

Dank, are you investing in a recording studio or label?

Dank, would dankbank invest in a giant Matt Wright style bet with it's holdings against you being a famous musician 'at the end of 2012'? If the money is invested in you as a person, and this dream that you have, it would pay off more than enough if successful to pay the insane rates AND catapult some business into the world.

It's an investment that would free you up to practice as well, as you won't have to be doing anything else.

I AM NOT A LAWYER. I AM GIVING NO LEGAL ADVICE.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 09:39:24 PM

A studio and label can come later down the road.  I'm not making any bets, betting only feeds your ego, and as we saw with Mr. Wright, doesn't mean a god damn thing.

capn noe

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 09:40:23 PM

A studio and label can come later down the road.  I'm not making any bets, betting only feeds your ego, and as we saw with Mr. Wright, doesn't mean a god damn thing.

Suddenly you have... not enough faith in yourself?

In a way, you have said that this is indeed the bet. Your investors at dank bank are those that vote with you. I wonder, would your depositors make this bet with you? You have said, consistently, that they not only will.. but do! Why not try to maximize the earnings potential in the gamble already underway  by selling.... dank success shares!

You can figure this out, just run with it dank. You could be a STAR!
repentance

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 09:54:04 PM

So you're not willing to be held accountable in any way for your claims that you'll be one of the "greatest musicians" by the end of the year, or any of your other claims for that matter.  You're just going to on making outrageous claims and when they don't work out you'll either blame other people for not having faith in you or you'll say that your reason for not delivering is that you had a better idea.

You expect others to believe your bullshit but you don't even believe it yourself - if you did, you'd risk the scammer tag.

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 09:59:03 PM

A studio and label can come later down the road.  I'm not making any bets, betting only feeds your ego, and as we saw with Mr. Wright, doesn't mean a god damn thing.

Suddenly you have... not enough faith in yourself?

In a way, you have said that this is indeed the bet. Your investors at dank bank are those that vote with you. I wonder, would your depositors make this bet with you? You have said, consistently, that they not only will.. but do! Why not try to maximize the earnings potential in the gamble already underway  by selling.... dank success shares!

You can figure this out, just run with it dank. You could be a STAR!

I just stated why I don't make bets.  Dank Bank, and life, is not about maximizing earnings.

So you're not willing to be held accountable in any way for your claims that you'll be one of the "greatest musicians" by the end of the year, or any of your other claims for that matter.  You're just going to on making outrageous claims and when they don't work out you'll either blame other people for not having faith in you or you'll say that your reason for not delivering is that you had a better idea.

You expect others to believe your bullshit but you don't even believe it yourself - if you did, you'd risk the scammer tag.
It is my word, I think that counts for something.  What outrageous claims have I made before that were proven to be false?

But to satisfy your ego, sure, I'll wear the scammer tag if I'm not a famous musician by the end of the year.

fgervais

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 10:00:37 PM

I did not pay interest with new deposits, that's not how Dank Bank works.  I just returned over 150 BTC in principle deposits, why would a scammer do such a thing?  I do have friends, just not a bunch of people I don't give a shit about called 'friends,' I have four real friends, whom trust me, two of them have lent me money.

You have no idea what I've done/am doing in my life, not a clue.

Re: Not having a clue what you're doing, while I'm not even sure you know what you're doing, hordes of people have inquired about your ventures over the months, and you've kept shit vague.

Re: Scammers returning money and your horrible comprehension of a ponzi, from the top of almost 10 years of post secondary schooling in accounting, with a large bias towards fraud detection and countermeasures, as well as almost as many in real-world jobs and vocational volunteering, I can only shake my head and keep working on the advisory I'll be sending out to SCORE and others shortly.

Learning a skill only takes as much time as you make it.  Time isn't real, nothing is stopping you from accomplishing things sooner by pushing yourself harder.  All you have to do is just do it.  If you haven't noticed, humans have been evolving quite rapidly, lowering the amount of time it takes for the same change to occur.  So far, I've been good at sparing at least 3-5 hours/day for guitar, 8-10 on some days.  Seems I am right on track.

So within a 3 month window, you're telling us that you will be one of the greatest musicians ever. While keeping a straight face is insanely hard asking this, I have a simple question: what's the criteria?

Choose one or more:
- Records sold
- Attendance at shows
- Appearance in top 100 lists

Hell, define it as you like, just define it.
capn noe

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 10:06:55 PM

I'll wear the scammer tag if I'm not a famous musician by the end of the year.

You will do that, yes. It is unlikely that anyone, after all this, is going to put much more money into your hookah lounge, your 'buy me a car' scam, or your bank. By the end of the year you will bear the scammer tag, no matter what your guitar shreddin' skills are looking like.

Your debtors are taking this exact bet, which you keep repeating by saying 'it is an investment in ME'. I would like to place a bet against it, will any of your depositors bet against this? Not you, you would just make the wager with their money. I guess it would be double betting, but it IS a Ponzi so... why not?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 10:13:54 PM

I know exactly what I'm doing.

How do any of those three determine how good music is?  How about popular opinion?

Capn, no matter what I say, you have fixated your reality to believe everything I say is a lie, that I'm a scammer, and that Dank Bank's a ponzi.  So far, no amount of evidence exists to back up your theory, while I continuously prove that I am an honest person trying to do honest business.  I guess evidence is irrelevant when it's not science.

fgervais

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 10:26:41 PM

How do any of those three determine how good music is?  How about popular opinion?

Capn, no matter what I say, you have fixated your reality to believe everything I say is a lie, that I'm a scammer, and that Dank Bank's a ponzi.  So far, no amount of evidence exists to back up your theory, while I continuously prove that I am an honest person trying to do honest business.  I guess evidence is irrelevant when it's not science.

Popular opinion is directly represented in album sales or concert attendance. You're just being asinine if you claim you don't see the link. Besides, how do you expect to be a billionaire rock star without selling albums or doing shows?

As I said, choose what ever metric(s), just define what it means for you to be one of the world's best musicians. This probably is my least trollish question in the last week.

Hell, it can even be number of downloads from a free source, hits on your site, radio plays. Whatever.

Define it!
repentance

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 10:27:40 PM

But to satisfy your ego, sure, I'll wear the scammer tag if I'm not a famous musician by the end of the year.

OK, let's start defining "famous" and "greatest musician".  "Greatest" isn't a title which can be self-awarded.

I don't want to set you up for failure, so I don't think records sold or top 100 lists are a fair benchmark.  Even if you were picked up by a record company today, there's simply not enough time for your work to be recorded, engineered, produced, distributed and promoted before the end of the year.

Live shows is a "maybe", but I don't think you should be able to count performing for free at your local college bar.  I'd be willing to count paid gigs where you can provide independent proof that your show has been promoted by someone else, though - so the ads promoting your gig plus a youtube of the gig itself showing the size of the audience is evidence I'd be willing to accept.

dank, what are your own suggestions for benchmarks for "famous"?

I'd like to ask other posters to keep financial bets out of this so that dank doesn't back out simply because he doesn't have the funds available to meet a bet.  Let's not set him up to become another MNW if he doesn't achieve his goal.  We already know that he doesn't have unlimited funds at his disposal.

The benchmarks you choose need to be objective.  Obviously our opinion of your music and your "greatness" doesn't count and neither does yours.

Hell, it can even be number of downloads from a free source, hits on your site, radio plays. Whatever.

If it's totally free then he can just download stuff himself any number of times.  There's a site which goon musicians use where there are a number of free downloads but after that people pay for the music (the name will come to me).  If dank's as great as he claims, people will be willing to pay for his music even if it's only a token amount.

capn noe

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 10:30:16 PM

1.36 BTC deposited into Dank Bank.  Thank you, senbon, for the guitar tuner.

That is a good move, dank. Itemize what personal expenses you are spending their investment money on. That will make this all way more honest.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 10:35:21 PM

Capn, no matter what I say, you have fixated your reality to believe everything I say is a lie, that I'm a scammer, and that Dank Bank's a ponzi.  So far, no amount of evidence exists to back up your theory, while I continuously prove that I am an honest person trying to do honest business.  I guess evidence is irrelevant when it's not science.

Popular opinion is directly represented in album sales or concert attendance. You're just being asinine if you claim you don't see the link. Besides, how do you expect to be a billionaire rock star without selling albums or doing shows?

As I said, choose what ever metric(s), just define what it means for you to be one of the world's best musicians. This probably is my least trollish question in the last week.

Define it!
Link?  Yes.  Direct correlation?  No.  Music with the most views on youtube often has a negative correlation to the quality.  What if I don't want to sell my music, but rather give it away for free?

Popular opinion, if an overwhelming majority think I'm one of the best musicians, so be it.  Vice versa.

But really, who gives a fuck, good music is felt deep within the soul, which is immeasurable and invaluable.

fgervais

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 10:39:01 PM

Capn, no matter what I say, you have fixated your reality to believe everything I say is a lie, that I'm a scammer, and that Dank Bank's a ponzi.  So far, no amount of evidence exists to back up your theory, while I continuously prove that I am an honest person trying to do honest business.  I guess evidence is irrelevant when it's not science.

Define it!
Link?  Yes.  Direct correlation?  No.  Music with the most views on youtube often has a negative correlation to the quality.  What if I don't want to sell my music, but rather give it away for free?

Popular opinion, if an overwhelming majority think I'm one of the best musicians, so be it.  Vice versa.

But really, who gives a fuck, good music is felt deep within the soul, which is immeasurable and invaluable.

ITT: once again dank says something completely fucktarded, then tries to hilariously fumble his way around it.

I asked you a question. Greatest musician. What metric?

Totally open question, choose whatever goofy way to quantify that statement. But choose fucking something.

Also, since you plan on becoming a billionaire, if you give out your music for free, how do you make you piles of cash?

EDIT: While good music may (or not, you fucking smelly neo-hippy douchebag) be felt deep within the soul, when listening to your music, all I manage to do is feel it deep within my bowels.

Yes, I'm saying you're a pretty good alternative to laxatives. I'm 90% sure you gave me mud butt the first time I heard you.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 10:42:40 PM

How about volts, since that's the unit which makes up the soul/love. Roll Eyes

capn noe

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 10:48:26 PM

How about volts, since that's the unit which makes up the soul/love. Roll Eyes

It would probably be in BTC since that is what the investment is in. So... volts is close, sure.

Seems that the answer is... about 1.5-2.5%/week. That would be the measurement of becoming 'good enough'.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: