Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:34:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 3000-6000 BTC loan - Hookah Lounge - 9/18/12 Update  (Read 55256 times)
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:28:14 PM

Uh, how does one start business with no moneys?  Hmm..

I have started 4 businesses with very little to zero money.  I did have business plans though and I used those business plans to get revolving lines of credit with different banks.  I have also maxed out 20 credit cards when I needed capital to make deals go through.

It really is as simple as walking into a bank and sitting down with a loan officer.  You have to have a business plan that looks nice and makes sense and just talk to them.  You do not always have to have collateral to get a loan.  If you have a good enough idea and you can convince them then you will get money.

But if you walk in there and start talking about your soul and karma and spiritual crap they are going to show you the door.

*If you want to do it your way then go buy a lottery ticket.  If karma wants you to have a hookah lounge you will win the lottery.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:56:03 PM

Yes, it is a lot more complicated than I expected, due to government regulations/permits/laws etc.  Not that I can't do it.  Not that I won't do it.  I have a much clearer idea of what is needed to start a hookah lounge, I'm sure I'm capable of doing it.  Far from abandoning the project, I will return to it when I have the financial resources at hand, probably towards the end of the year.

Hope you're good at multi-tasking if you're planning to be a famous musician by the end of the year and raise sufficient funds to open the hookah as well.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 10:12:24 PM

Accumulating debt is very different than zero money.  Otherwise, I could get debt through a loan and have a hookah lounge, with zero money.

You guys have fun talking down each others' children on the internet, while I pursue my dream.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
repentance

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 10:16:12 PM

Accumulating debt is very different than zero money.  Otherwise, I could get debt through a loan and have a hookah lounge, with zero money.

Jesus wept.  You started this thread with the express intention of funding your hookah lounge through debt.  If you're no longer planning on doing that, then close the fucking thread  - otherwise it's just another one of your egocentric blogging threads.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 10:22:20 PM

Jesus wept.  You started this thread with the express intention of funding your hookah lounge through debt.  If you're no longer planning on doing that, then close the fucking thread  - otherwise it's just another one of your egocentric blogging threads.
Uh, yes.  Bo said he started 4 business with no money.  Except debt, I guess that doesn't count though, according to bo.

How many times must I say that I'm not abandoning this project for you to understand?

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
btcANGEL

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 01:10:53 AM

Yes, it is a lot more complicated than I expected, due to government regulations/permits/laws etc.  Not that I can't do it.  Not that I won't do it.  I have a much clearer idea of what is needed to start a hookah lounge, I'm sure I'm capable of doing it.  Far from abandoning the project, I will return to it when I have the financial resources at hand, probably towards the end of the year.

It's October. We're already towards the end.

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
repentance

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 01:21:09 AM

Time is an illusion which can be bent by force of karma.  Or something..

Better yet, time is cubic and every day is 4 separate days happening simultaneously.

http://www.timecube.com/

fgervais

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 02:04:57 AM

I'll admit this made me snort.

You guys have fun talking down each others' children on the internet, while I pursue my dream.

Whereas this, your monopoly payday bank and the rest of your schemes aren't debt?
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 02:38:18 AM

Angel, that's like saying it's 2012, we're towards the end.  Time is relative, the peak of this will be at the end of December, a lot has changed over the year but not like it will.

Repentance, time is an illusion, we perceive time as humans but it is not a real 'thing.'  We only live in the present, here and now, we can't time travel because it'd change the present and there's nothing to travel.  We compare rotations around earth's axis to give us an idea of how much time has passed.  Everyday, more change happens than the previous day, as life is constantly changing and humans are constantly evolving.  What would happen if more change occurred in one rotation than the last millennium?  Would time became meaningless?

fgervais, did I say they weren't debt?

fgervais

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 02:58:49 AM

Angel, that's like saying it's 2012, we're towards the end.  Time is relative, the peak of this will be at the end of December, a lot has changed over the year but not like it will.

Repentance, time is an illusion, we perceive time as humans but it is not a real 'thing.'  We only live in the present, here and now, we can't time travel because it'd change the present and there's nothing to travel.  We compare rotations around earth's axis to give us an idea of how much time has passed.  Everyday, more change happens than the previous day, as life is constantly changing and humans are constantly evolving.  What would happen if more change occurred in one rotation than the last millennium?  Would time became meaningless?

I just don't get why you wouldn't go through regular channels for a loan, haggling one here is just a bad idea when you add the usurious rates with the stupid high volatility of the currency (since you kept the debt in BTC).

But this was pointed out previously.
repentance

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 03:04:00 AM

Repentance, time is an illusion, we perceive time as humans but it is not a real 'thing.'  We only live in the present, here and now, we can't time travel because it'd change the present and there's nothing to travel.  We compare rotations around earth's axis to give us an idea of how much time has passed. 

You failed high school physics, didn't you?

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 03:12:32 AM

I just don't get why you wouldn't go through regular channels for a loan, haggling one here is just a bad idea when you add the usurious rates with the stupid high volatility of the currency (since you kept the debt in BTC).

What's a regular channel for an 18 year old with no credit to get a loan?  The OP explains how the loan is fixed to USD while adjusted for inflation.

repentance

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 03:24:56 AM

What's a regular channel for an 18 year old with no credit to get a loan?  The OP explains how the loan is fixed to USD while adjusted for inflation.

Actually you originally said that you could get a loan from a bank but that you wanted to give your fellow Bitcoiners a chance to benefit from loaning you the money for your venture.  Of course everyone knew you were bull-shitting at the time, just like they knew you were bull-shitting when you said you'd be able to be able to pay back a loan for a car or a motorcycle within months because you'd be "earning thousands" once you rented your house. 

Do you honestly think that when you pull the "I could but I don't to" line, whether it's in relation to saving for a motorcycle or getting a bank loan, anyone actually believes you?  You might be good at deluding yourself, but you're not good at convincing others to share those delusions.

fgervais

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 03:35:57 AM

If I may suspend the troll for a bit, because you seem more lucid tonight, you got options. Seriously, actually beat the bushes to find the financing in fiat.

If I were in your place, I'd look into your parents offer to cover college, even if it's just to grab a quick diploma. Not sure what you guys have down in the States, but over here you could plow through a basic business course in a year if you tried hard. That diploma will help you secure financing, and maybe convince family to cosign the loan.

Otherwise, actually find a job, pile cash, go to the bank with 5-10k in hand and they will be willing to listen.

Forget about financing here, you're burned. Also, keep the esoterics to yourself.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 03:55:04 AM

I don't have time to save up money, I'm trying to get things done this year.  It's odd that more people aren't eager to lend to me, seeing as I'm the only deposit taker that hasn't defaulted, and despite all the early accusations/presumptions, I still never scammed anybody.

fgervais

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 04:44:00 AM

I don't have time to save up money, I'm trying to get things done this year.  It's odd that more people aren't eager to lend to me, seeing as I'm the only deposit taker that hasn't defaulted, and despite all the early accusations/presumptions, I still never scammed anybody.

Skip the speech, as I said, you're burned. I'm not going down the "yes, it's a ponzi" route again for lack of time, but even if it was 100% legit and secured (according to real world metrics), it's still chump change compared to the sum you're looking for.

You're young, at this point taking a year or two to prepare a project is trivial, especially with the relative lack of serious financial commitments (ie, kids and the rest). Trying to rush through this will only end in tears, despite what you clairvoyance'd.

But whatevs, more comedy threads is also a good thing.
repentance

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:19:36 AM

Quote from: dank
It's odd that more people aren't eager to lend to me, seeing as I'm the only deposit taker that hasn't defaulted, and despite all the early accusations/presumptions, I still never scammed anybody.

Please, the only person who views you as a "deposit-taker" is you.  You're effectively just taking out pay day loans.  No-one's going to lend you any serious money unless you can prove that you have a guaranteed income stream (such as wages or a government benefit), a viable business plan, sufficient assets to secure a loan, a co-signer, or a combination of these things.  The fact that you haven't defaulted on small, short-term loans (in fact you've had to renegotiate the terms at times, and that's a red flag) is not an indicator of your ability to service large, long-term loans.  the fact that you're asking for money for something different on a regular basis also undermines confidence in your ability to stick at anything over the long term - including paying back loans taken out for things which may no longer interest you.

It's not at all odd that more people aren't eager to lend to you.  Their reticence to do so is both predictable and justified.  You've pretty much fucked up any possibility of borrowing large amounts here.  Learn from the mistakes you've made this time around and don't make those same mistakes when you eventually seek funding elsewhere.  And don't link back to your identity here in any way when you pursue funding elsewhere - doing so can only harm your chances of obtaining it.

Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:29:03 AM

Time is an illusion which can be bent by force of karma.  Or something..

Better yet, time is cubic and every day is 4 separate days happening simultaneously.

http://www.timecube.com/

This ^ time is just a perception man in this reality Dank hasn't started his bar but in a thousand other realities Danks totally successful and wears shiny suits to work and has real cups and plates and shit. A cube actually has 6 sides so 6 days can happen at once but even that is just in your mind days can be split and split again.

http://www.rubixcube.com
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 06:01:07 AM

It's odd that more people aren't eager to lend to me, seeing as I'm the only deposit taker that hasn't defaulted, and despite all the early accusations/presumptions, I still never scammed anybody.

Please, the only person who views you as a "deposit-taker" is you.  You're effectively just taking out pay day loans.  No-one's going to lend you any serious money unless you can prove that you have a guaranteed income stream (such as wages or a government benefit), a viable business plan, sufficient assets to secure a loan, a co-signer, or a combination of these things.  The fact that you haven't defaulted on small, short-term loans (in fact you've had to renegotiate the terms at times, and that's a red flag) is not an indicator of your ability to service large, long-term loans.  the fact that you're asking for money for something different on a regular basis also undermines confidence in your ability to stick at anything over the long term - including paying back loans taken out for things which may no longer interest you.

It's not at all odd that more people aren't eager to lend to you.  Their reticence to do so is both predictable and justified.  You've pretty much fucked up any possibility of borrowing large amounts here.  Learn from the mistakes you've made this time around and don't make those same mistakes when you eventually seek funding elsewhere.  And don't link back to your identity here in any way when you pursue funding elsewhere - doing so can only harm your chances of obtaining it.
And the eight investors I've had.  What makes you think a job is guaranteed income?  What happens when you get fired or the company goes out of business?  Government handouts, really?

I wouldn't call 100 BTC loans small, by any means.  Renegotiate the terms?  How?  By lowering interest rates for new deposits to increase sustainability?  Dank Bank interest rates are only going down from here, there may be a point when I won't even pay interest, but people will deposit because they support what I'm doing.

Let's not forget these facts: dank has borrowed and repaid over two dozen loans over the last year.  Dank Bank has handled over 340 BTC and repaid 190 BTC in principles.  All while offering mighty friendly interest rates.  People have been calling me a scammer since I started asking for loans, based off nothing and amounting to nothing.

How long until people accept I'm not?

fgervais

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 06:20:27 AM

And the eight investors I've had.  What makes you think a job is guaranteed income?  What happens when you get fired or the company goes out of business?  Government handouts, really?

I wouldn't call 100 BTC loans small, by any means.  Renegotiate the terms?  How?  By lowering interest rates for new deposits to increase sustainability?  Dank Bank interest rates are only going down from here, there may be a point when I won't even pay interest, but people will deposit because they support what I'm doing.

Let's not forget these facts: dank has borrowed and repaid over two dozen loans over the last year.  Dank Bank has handled over 340 BTC and repaid 190 BTC in principles.  All while offering mighty friendly interest rates.  People have been calling me a scammer since I started asking for loans, based off nothing and amounting to nothing.

How long until people accept I'm not?

Link all the threads where you got loans (I'm looking for start and end dates, amounts, repayment schedules and the likes) and Kii'll show you exactly the error in that reasoning.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: