Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:08:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [GLBSE] [Bakewell] - New contract now live @ glbse!  (Read 398 times)
ianbakewell (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 05:24:11 AM

It turns out Ian and I are neighbours, so we met over a drink and had a chat about lots of things, including his business and Bitcoin in general. I feel it's a good idea to share my impressions and thoughts, so here they are:

• Ian looks exactly like the guy from the picture above, minus the sock on his head. Not even a tinfoil hat. Make of it what you will.
  • He knows what he is talking about, and he does his homework. Specifically, we discussed in some detail the mining rigs and software, pools, networking, digital commodities, and legal aspects of his operation.
  • His operation has a significant competitive advantage in terms of cost of electricity - right now it is absorbed by a huge apartment complex, and even if he decides to start a stand-alone farm, the price in Alberta is presently $0.05-$0.09 per kWh.

Disclaimer: I have no conflict of interest to declare at this moment, as I do not own any shares yet. However, I am considering an investment.

Haha, yes I tried something new and blindly met a stranger from the forum at the pub. It worked out Smiley
I am an introvert and have a hard time putting together sentences to articulately express what I am thinking in person
(here I have the chance to think and then read what I write) so was somewhat worried about this, but actually meeting someone in person who understood bitcoin was awesome!

Niko, thanks for the drinks, we should get together again sometime - I wonder if other Edmonton people are around?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: