Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:45:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Look, you guys win. I admit I like Rand.  (Read 5961 times)
Atlas (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:52:07 PM

I haven't been able to put my finger on the only dispute I have had with Rand's outlook and that would be it: The disgust with helping human beings as a primary cause. For whatever reason she views this as laborious and sacrificial.

Because she was a selfish, nasty bitch that only lived for herself. And she fucked Alan Greenspan, exhibiting the extremely poor taste and desperation that both of them were composed of and inflicted on the world.

I always liked this one:

I Used to Fuck the Shit Outta Ayn Rand by Alan Greenspan

For all your talk about Israel, I'm not really sure why you admire an UberZionist such as Rand.
I look at things issue-by-issue. I am not going to hate the woman over a few of her preferences.

As for Mr. Greenspan, he really wasn't really tied to Objectivist morality when you compare it to the actions he committed, at least in his later years. I sincerely doubt Rand would approve of The Federal Reserve if she took a second look at it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 01:04:10 PM

Very well. I haven't really considered the size difference like this before. I like how you look between the Black and White for the shades of Gray here.

When it comes to "government intervention" at such a scale, it seems to be more of a tool than anything else. Military force and justice can be seen as a service like any other. There is indeed a season for all things.

And, as expected, it's the real one. Welcome back, Atlas.

Strange account-wars or not, it's a delight to have people on Bitcointalk who know that "NO U" is not the only way of answering. Smiley
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 02:10:55 PM

There are some things that people just never say aloud. IMO, this is at the heart of the issue. Here's one of them.

Evolution will ensure that humans have (or reacquire) a tendency to multiply in numbers. The current slow-down is temporary at best.

Reproduction rates have long stopped increasing in western countries. It's a different story in poorer countries of course where survival pressure is higher and certain gospels of christian missionaries still resound.

Claiming that current societies (with the exception of China) promote anything but the latter is wishful thinking. Prepare for mass deaths on the lower end if the upcoming debt crisis causes disruptions in food prices.

Much of this is fearmongering imho. There's no reason for anyone to starve anymore today or in the future, as we could already feed everyone on this planet multiple times over if it weren't for the military spending. Also, with hydroponics plus fish for example, many possibilities for self-sufficiency already exist.

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:13:44 PM

I am not going to hate the woman over a few of her preferences.

True. She has many other qualities worthy of derision.
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:28:51 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2VzdkXm5Ies#t=18s

Seeing this encounter, I can't help but see the similar value system especially in the regards of discussion and debate.

In this video, Rand mentions she was there to answer questions and to share information -- not to be judged.

You're so hypocritical. Ayn Rand was a russian jew, a zionist.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 02:33:02 PM

Seeing this encounter, I can't help but see the similar value system especially in the regards of discussion and debate.

In this video, Rand mentions she was there to answer questions and to share information -- not to be judged.

Wait, Rand was a member of Mossad?

Maybe he's just capable of separating one of her opinions from another, unrelated one.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:35:29 PM

I apologize for not being the Stormfront proponent you want me to be.
vampire

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:36:00 PM

Wait, Rand was a member of Mossad?

Maybe he's just capable of separating one of her opinions from another, unrelated one.

Um um you mean that she wanted to wipe out all arabs because they were savages?

vampire

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:37:04 PM

You can't make a coherent argument so far. So what was your solution about Palestinians? Oh wait, you just bitch.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 02:38:34 PM

LMAO... thanks, Atlas. This is why I'm glad you stuck around.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Atlas (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:40:56 PM

You can't make a coherent argument so far. So what was your solution about Palestinians? Oh wait, you just bitch.

I suggested giving them more land on the Gaza Strip and discontinue the gradual seizing of said lands. However, it seems the end goal is to just move them out completely. We can't expect them not to be upset.
vampire

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:42:28 PM

I suggested giving them more land on the Gaza Strip and discontinue the gradual seizing of said lands. However, it seems the end goal is to just move them out completely.

Says like a real zionist: kick the arabs out of west bank on premises of more lands in gaza, and then push them out to the sea.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 02:46:55 PM

I suggested giving them more land on the Gaza Strip and discontinue the gradual seizing of said lands. However, it seems the end goal is to just move them out completely.
Says like a real zionist: kick the arabs out of west bank on premises of more lands in gaza, and then push them out to the sea.

Vampire, do you live in the area you're discussing?

vampire

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:48:08 PM

Do I need to answer that? Seriously, you know where I live.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 02:51:17 PM

Do I need to answer that? Seriously, you know where I live.

Well, yes, but "in my heart" doesn't really place you on a map. Wink

Oh, that's right. You're in New York. So, remind me? Dafuq you care about the West Bank and the Gaza strip?

vampire

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:54:56 PM

Oh, that's right. You're in New York. So, remind me? Dafuq you care about the West Bank and the Gaza strip?

New York is an interesting place. 50% of russian girls you meet here are probably jewish. 5% of them are Ayn Rand fanatics and 50% are pretty hardcore zionists.

Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 02:55:33 PM

Dafuq you care about the West Bank and the Gaza strip?

They're the Lost Boroughs.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 03:36:18 PM

New York is an interesting place. 50% of russian girls you meet here are probably jewish. 5% of them are Ayn Rand fanatics and 50% are pretty hardcore zionists.

So? Date Asian chicks. I hear they're pretty hot.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 03:48:37 PM

Rand did a lot of good work, but her ethical system runs afoul of David Hume's is-ought dichotomy. The "nature of man" can be used to derive description of how men do behave; it can not derive how men should behave.

There exists no abstract, collective "mankind" that can be used to derive principles either, as in saying, "that which is good for mankind is good for individuals". Only individuals exist to derive principles from so violence might be what's good for my survival, and it would be impossible in that case for Objectivism to explain why I shouldn't use violence.
RurrayMothbard

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 07:30:01 PM

A=A.

Seems like a logical starting point to me.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: