Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:42:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there any limits on what one is allowed to buy/sell in the marketplace?  (Read 1080 times)
greyhawk (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 10:03:07 AM

like this request for cannabis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108954.0

Because I couldn't find a post regarding this. Or I'm just blind.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 10:09:14 AM

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3156/2867747404_a63ba4621e.jpg ... strangest cannabis i've seen

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
greyhawk (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 10:14:43 AM

Haha, ok, that post wasn't there when I made this thread.

Red (Cherry) Berry is a strain of cannabis that's particularly potent in THC, so that was what he seemed to be talking about.

stevegee58
Legendary

Activity: 916
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 10:29:48 AM

If I were a cop I'd be placing such ads on an open internet forum too.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
greyhawk (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 10:35:39 AM

Ha. You underestimate people.

I'm a moderator on Europe's biggest board on weightlifting and bodybuilding. We have people coming in and trying to buy and sell steroids all day everyday on an open board. Not cop people, real people. I need to spend more time kickbanning these idiots and deleting their offers/requests than actually moderating. It's absurd.
Kitemike

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 11:11:33 AM

I'm a moderator on Europe's biggest board on weightlifting and bodybuilding. We have people coming in and trying to buy and sell steroids all day everyday on an open board. Not cop people, real people. I need to spend more time kickbanning these idiots and deleting their offers/requests than actually moderating. It's absurd.

What should be legal/illegal or allowed/banned should be as straightforward as perpetrator + victim = crime.  What is absurd is the number of people on this planet that so eagerly jump on the state sponsored morality bandwagon and make crime an unbalanced equation.  If two individuals willingly want to enter into any business transactions for a commodity that hurts no one but themselves, what business is it of ours, or the cops, or the state to interfere? 

Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 11:16:56 AM

Go to the silk road forum and go nuts.

greyhawk (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 11:27:23 AM

What should be legal/illegal or allowed/banned should be as straightforward as perpetrator + victim = crime.  What is absurd is the number of people on this planet that so eagerly jump on the state sponsored morality bandwagon and make crime an unbalanced equation.  If two individuals willingly want to enter into any business transactions for a commodity that hurts no one but themselves, what business is it of ours, or the cops, or the state to interfere? 

Let's start with: I don't want that weightlifting forum to be in the press under the headline "Internet forum poisons our kids" or to be closed down as an accessory to illegal sales. Which both have already happened to competing forums.
Kitemike

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 12:27:54 PM

Let's start with: I don't want that weightlifting forum to be in the press under the headline "Internet forum poisons our kids" or to be closed down as an accessory to illegal sales. Which both have already happened to competing forums.

I understand your point about trying to keep your site up, but understand my point that the only perpetrator of a crime in your example is the state, it's mouthpieces, and it's enforcers, and the victim is the forums and freedoms of individuals.  I'll pass no judgment against anyone that wishes to abide by the status quo, but will use the opportunity when the situation warrants to state my opinion.  I do not recommend anyone indulge in illegal acts in an open forum, but we can use these forums to discuss the injustice of illegal laws.

greyhawk (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 12:41:39 PM

I understand your point about trying to keep your site up, but understand my point that the only perpetrator of a crime in your example is the state, it's mouthpieces, and it's enforcers, and the victim is the forums and freedoms of individuals.  I'll pass no judgment against anyone that wishes to abide by the status quo, but will use the opportunity when the situation warrants to state my opinion.  I do not recommend anyone indulge in illegal acts in an open forum, but we can use these forums to discuss the injustice of illegal laws.

I see your point and concur. Personally I find the whole anti-doping-agenda an exercise in futility, lobbyism and retardedness. Decriminalizing access to and use of steroids would vastly improve the quality of available product and empower users to receive advice from their physician, both of which would drastically lower adverse side effects.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: