Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:09:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: curious, managed hosting  (Read 237 times)
trickyriky (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:33:55 PM

now in my mind this to me is where the hosting provider keeps all the passwords and server access and effectively becomes the site administrator, and is responsible for updating pages etc.. (the middle man)

basically i have my own servers and was thinking of hiring out some of my spare storage / bandwidth, but i can not give anybody else access to my servers for security reasons, im wondering is this idea.....

a. viable, would people trust me to publish what has been requested, would they be happy to write their own content, but most of all would people be happy to rely on me to edit change or do whatever they desire with their space.

b. a good idea, i appreciate this could increase my work load dramatically, and looking at other hosting options the rewards will not be significant, but im still curious none the less.

c. a complete waste of my time, energy and resources, again i appreciate the service is available in many locations so my pricing would have to be competitive and my service would have to be as good if not better than the established hosts.

my target market at present are people who just want a basic website or single page, maybe a blog site or even a webshop

let me know what your thoughts are please, and if your in the market for simple web hosting and know what other outfits are charging again please let me know
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: