Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:45:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A major flaw with Bitcoin  (Read 2414 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:27:18 AM

You can also print some paper wallets and smell on them Wink With the right printer you could also print them on the same paper as USD Cheesy
A paper wallet somewhat replaces the smell of cash.
Our cash is all plastice here anyway so not heaps of difference in our cash to a laminated paper wallet.

Exactly my thought, you can make paper wallets to look similar to money by design also, if you are such a fiat fan.
Claiming that this is a major flaw is dumb at the least.

cheers
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:42:28 AM

You can also print some paper wallets and smell on them Wink With the right printer you could also print them on the same paper as USD Cheesy
A paper wallet somewhat replaces the smell of cash.
Our cash is all plastice here anyway so not heaps of difference in our cash to a laminated paper wallet.

Exactly my thought, you can make paper wallets to look similar to money by design also, if you are such a fiat fan.
Claiming that this is a major flaw is dumb at the least.

cheers

Yea but bitcoin is not tangible, you can draw a 5 bitcoin note but that would not be bitcoin, just a simple drawing.

spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 01:49:09 AM

Checkmate bitcoin

Society doesn't scale.
Clint

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:35:24 AM

Well, one thing we got to understand is that bitcoin is just another form of money. A lot of the times that's not our first knowledge of bitcoin when we use it, but it's simply a more easier and digital money. I understand what you mean when you say you can't "smell" bitcoin, because not many consume or use it. It's just a matter of time before bitocoin goes bigger into the society where people are going to encounter bitcoin and have it just like a regular currency.

bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:43:21 AM

It's true that the lack of phisycal money  is something different from fiat and difficult to assimilate for normal people, but I think bitcoin has a bunch of advantages over fiat
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: