Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:52:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: the newer upgrade to the stratum proxies has the ability to be web accessible - BUT - the anonymous nature of the stratum proxies will be forfeited ... the web page will show all stats and graphs including miners and ip ... is this ok? ...
yes - i have no issue with showing my workers and stats and graphs ... - 7 (53.8%)
no - keep the stats and graphs of my workers anonymous ... - 6 (46.2%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - Donate By Mining | DBM  (Read 15870 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 08:58:41 AM

hi all ...

the upgrade of the servers is currently underway ...

after the kill of the quark stratum proxy for sp ( as per the issue foss had earlier ) - a check on the other servers had different stratum proxies get killed off also ...

this has led me to drop all else im doing and do the full migration now ... which means the servers will be new - and quite fast - and efficient ...

it also means that the dns ( arecords ) will also need to be changed - which may cause 'some' delay in the servers goign online ...

though past experience has proven that dns propagation has taken a minimal amount of time these days compared to days of past ...

so the process will go as listed in this order ...

- server migration ...
- server load test ...
- dns migration ...

and if all that goes well - full functionality to the servers ...

the stratum proxy software will also be upgraded - but that will take two whole days to complete ... so that will be started tomorrow - and be completed on a server by server basis ...

please bear with us while this is being done - as the outage is going to be as minimal as possible ...

tanx ...

#crysx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 06:25:14 AM

hi all ...

server upgrade has been completed and full tested ...

dns settings also changed - and fully functional ...

dbm is back on track ...

the software upgrade of the stratum proxies will occur over the coming week - and will be very time consuming ... so it will happen server by server ...

two additional donation servers are coming online - for these devs ... donate-tnelson and donate-stratehm ...

they should be completed in the next few hours and will be online as soon as we can ...

the op will be updated shortly ...

tanx ...

#crysx

sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 04:05:00 PM

charitable and laudable. how the first step into the donor donation?

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 12:27:22 AM

hi sempak ...

tanx for the kind words ...

donation can take many different forms ...

first decide HOW you want to donate to these fine devs ... then how much ( or how long when mining ) ...

if its through btc - then just send the funds to their addresses - we will keep these addresses as up to date as possible ...

if its through mining and this dbm system - its a matter of setting the miner pointed to the dev you want to donate to ...

decide which dev - then what algo you want to mine with - then setup the miner accordingly ...

for example - if you wanted to donate by mining to us - and wanted to mine using x11 - and are using ccminer - and using linux ... then the commandline would look something like this ...

./ccminer -o stratum+tcp://donate-ace.granitecoin.com:7003/ -O chrysophylax:x -a x11 ... linux ...
ccminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://donate-ace.granitecoin.com:7003/ -O chrysophylax:x -a x11 ... windows ...

and can be checked here - https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=125xeUK3Np8oboxSZDb5XYxZxdNwmfEj66&a=3&l=0 ... in the case of this example ...

use the pull down menu on nicehash in the upper right hand corner for the algo you are mining - wait 5 minutes for nicehash to update - and you will see you hashrate added to the graph ( if there is already hashrate already there ) ... nicehash take about 5minutes to update their graphs ...

if you wanted to donate to any other dev using the same settings - then just substitute the dev name to the dev you wouold like ...

for example ...

djm4 ... ./ccminer -o stratum+tcp://donate-djm34.granitecoin.com:7003/ -O chrysophylax:x -a x11 ... linux ...
kbomba ... ./ccminer -o stratum+tcp://donate-kbomba.granitecoin.com:7003/ -O chrysophylax:x -a x11 ... linux ...
klaust ... ./ccminer -o stratum+tcp://donate-klaust.granitecoin.com:7003/ -O chrysophylax:x -a x11 ... linux ...

and so on ...

the username and password can be anything you want - it wont matter to the stratum proxy ... the stratum proxy will direct ALL of the mining hash to the dev btc address you setup ...

that pretty much it ...

ill help where i can - if you have any issue with the setup ...

tanx ...

#crysx

sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 11:51:51 AM

hi sempak ...

first decide HOW you want to donate to these fine devs ... then how much ( or how long when mining ) ...

if its through btc - then just send the funds to their addresses - we will keep these addresses as up to date as possible ...

if its through mining and this dbm system - its a matter of setting the miner pointed to the dev you want to donate to ...

decide which dev - then what algo you want to mine with - then setup the miner accordingly ...

for example - if you wanted to donate by mining to us - and wanted to mine using x11 - and are using ccminer - and using linux ... then the commandline would look something like this ...

./ccminer -o stratum+tcp://donate-ace.granitecoin.com:7003/ -O chrysophylax:x -a x11 ... linux ...
ccminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://donate-ace.granitecoin.com:7003/ -O chrysophylax:x -a x11 ... windows ...

and can be checked here - https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=125xeUK3Np8oboxSZDb5XYxZxdNwmfEj66&a=3&l=0 ... in the case of this example ...

use the pull down menu on nicehash in the upper right hand corner for the algo you are mining - wait 5 minutes for nicehash to update - and you will see you hashrate added to the graph ( if there is already hashrate already there ) ... nicehash take about 5minutes to update their graphs ...

if you wanted to donate to any other dev using the same settings - then just substitute the dev name to the dev you wouold like ...

for example ...

djm4 ... ./ccminer -o stratum+tcp://donate-djm34.granitecoin.com:7003/ -O chrysophylax:x -a x11 ... linux ...
kbomba ... ./ccminer -o stratum+tcp://donate-kbomba.granitecoin.com:7003/ -O chrysophylax:x -a x11 ... linux ...
klaust ... ./ccminer -o stratum+tcp://donate-klaust.granitecoin.com:7003/ -O chrysophylax:x -a x11 ... linux ...

and so on ...

the username and password can be anything you want - it wont matter to the stratum proxy ... the stratum proxy will direct ALL of the mining hash to the dev btc address you setup ...

that pretty much it ...

tanx ...

#crysx

I do not have the tools to mine the rig. maybe I will send a donation to the dev. I am very interested in helping to others. may be useful for all.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 12:10:56 AM

hi sempak ...

for example ...

and so on ...

that pretty much it ...

tanx ...

#crysx

I do not have the tools to mine the rig. maybe I will send a donation to the dev. I am very interested in helping to others. may be useful for all.

you do not have the tools? ...

are you a miner of coins? ... if so - you have the tools Smiley ...

if not - then you can definitely donate directly to the btc addresses listed on the op ...

if you want to be part of the mining community also - we will help as much as we can ...

njoi ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 08:10:42 AM

hi all ...

we are currently testing the new forum that has been setup for the granite site / coin / development ...

the donation by mining ( dbm ) thread will also be included there and will post here from time to time with the updates ...

we want to make it an enjoyable time in the forum ... so being a test forum currently - it will go through changes as we get to make them ...

the test site is here - http://granitecoin.com/forum ... but when in full working order and out of test - it will be here - grn-forum.granitecoin.com ...

please have a look and register and have a look around ... it is currently bare until we start getting some flow in there - but we will continue with posts and updates regarding granite on there ...

your constructive feedback is always welcome - and encouraged ...

help us make the granite forum a part of the granite ecosystem we are building - with all that is granite AND crypto ...

tanx ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 07:51:46 AM
Last edit: October 02, 2015, 08:03:20 AM by chrysophylax

hi all ...

first ...

donation access have been slightly changed so that when you do mine for the devs and look at the nicehash link - you will not be confused by whether you are mining the right link ...

when the stratum proxies are active - under the nicehash graph is the worker for the dev selected WITH their name now ... so if you scroll down below the graph on the nicehash page - you will see the name of the dev and the current hashrate that is being pushed through that link ...

for example ... if you are mining scrypt for doantion to wolf0 - and check the nicehash site - you will see his name under the graph ...

https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=1Jp2R7dF9gYr872FkXiap2MaYaHNEfwWhZ&a=0&l=0 ...

second ...

some of the servers have been changed over to the newer systems and has been completed a week ago ...

the whitelist for the servers on nicehash needed to be changed - and a request sent to nicehash support ... unfortunately ( by a mistake on my part ) the whitelist was not complete ... which means there are a couple of servers ( including ace / crysx - so im not exclusive to this ) that are now not functional on the nicehash system ...

these are ...

- donate-ace.granitecoin.com / donate-crysx.granitecoin.com ( same server ) ...
- donate-pallas.granitecoin.com ...

sorry pallas ... you are stuck with me on this one ...

nicehash support have been emailed with all the correct details - and i await their reply ...

third ...

two new servers have been commissioned and are active - but are awaiting confirmation from nicehash that they also will be added to the nicehash whitelist ...

these are ...

- donate-tnelson ...
- donate-stratehm ...

the op and the devs details willl be updated shortly ...

fourth ...

due to the massive attacks we have recently ( killing two of our servers ) - we have been looking at various ways to combat such issues as ddos attacks ...

as of 12 hours ago - we are now running ALL our servers and systems including the website through cloudflare ...

as we grow - and the systems become more complex and more accessible - we will expand the security further ...

fifth ...

slack channel #granite ...

our new slack channel is now open - and i will be frequenting the channel often ...

pm me the email addresses of those who want to be a part of the discussions ...

sixth ...

thefarm is undergoing changes ... big ones ...

- new cooling for thefarm ...
- new design for thefarm ...
- splitting of thefarm ... amd / nvidia ...
- new and improved premises for thefarm ...
- new systems in place for thefarm ...

all these things and a few more are being implemented currently ...

the amd section of thefarm has been separated - will now be private - and will be taken off the rental systems ... it is now being used exclusively inetrnally and for the development of 'bigger and better things' ...

the nvidia section of thefarm will continue the way it has been going - with the exception of a few upgrades ... i am working on a design for a frame to contain the machine that will house and protect the new gpus ... this design will encompass the requirement for the gpus that use more power than that of the gigabyte 750ti oc lp cards we are currently using in thefarm ... yes - i am talking about housing the gigabyte 980ti g1 gpus - 6 at a time - with room for upgradability ... which will allow for other larger cards to be slot right in also ...

this is a longer term project - but will be the one that replaces all the machines in thefarm eventually ... it is being designed from the ground up - to be modular AND easy to connect - install - and move ...

plug the network cable and power cables - setup where to mine - and start mining ... simple - solid - stable ...

more updates soon ...

ill be copying this same message on the granite thread - as ive melded the updates together ...

have fun mining ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 05:14:12 AM

hi all ...

nicehash have whitelisted the servers in question ...

donate-tnelson.granitecoin.com ...
donate-stratehm.granitecoin.com ...

the details will also be added to the op in the next few minutes ...

a new server is currently being setup - initially for my own personal use for donation - but will be open to the public for a 'hamster wheel' style of rotational donation ...

i will initially start the test privately with a few select devs - then if all is well - will open the donation system to the public and include all the developers supported here ...

this will mean that if you want to donate to all the devs that are on the rotation list - then point your miners to the link and the port that you wish to mine on - and leave it for 24hours ... so that all the devs get a part of the hashrate ...

i am displeased with some of the responses that one particular dev has spoken openly about ... especially concerning my efforts and ideas i have FOR the devs ... you know who you are - and im actually quite taken back and hurt by the disrespect you have shown of my efforts ... as i had a great deal of respect for you ...

even so - that dev will also be a part of this endavour - as this project does not discriminate due to personal slander ...

this project will continue to improve and ideas that may be able to help the devs - will always be tried and test if they can be ...

tanx ...

#crysx

Pfool

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 05:25:45 AM

I personally really appreciate your efforts. I think it takes a lots of time to setup and maintain all these servers.

Keep up the good work Chrys.
Thanks.

Thanx Wink
BTC: 19wv8FQKv3NkwTdzBCQn1AGsb9ghqBPWXi
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2015, 05:34:38 AM

I personally really appreciate your efforts. I think it takes a lots of time to setup and maintain all these servers.

Keep up the good work Chrys.
Thanks.

tanx pfool ...

the fact that had it not been for your efforts - i would have been in a sore spot to make it all happen ... the stratum proxy is a very valuable asset - and you are one of the few im setting up on the private donation test system on thefarm before it goes public ...

this doesnt guarantee anything ... BUT - it allows another avenue for the miners to GIVE - even in the smallest way possible ...

myabe we could work on a system that can be incorporated into pools with multialgo ...

work is being done with another dev ( he wishes to remain anonymous for the time being ) currently to create a multipool - which i would like to have the donation system integrated into at a fee free level ... so that the devs get ALL the donation hash - and no fee gets charged for use of the pool ... pm me if you have any ideas please ... or if you would like to be involved ( if there is ANY time you have spare in that hectic life of yours Smiley hehehe ) ...

tanx much again ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2015, 11:09:45 PM

hi all ...

would like to let you all know that i will be away for at least a week starting tomorrow ...

personal business is what is taking me away - an if all goes well - will be back in about a weeks time ... if things dont go well - i will be there longer ...

leaving here with my partner at 0500 tomorrow morning and driving for approximately 16.5hours to get to our destination ...

if you have any questions - or help - please post them or send them via the other methods as i will be checking in from time to time when i have internet connectivity ...

as i have stated - it may be a prolonged stay - but we are hoping that it wont be and thing swill go well ...

there is a lot of work being done - and i will be sure to get back into it as soon as i get back and keep you all updated ...

until then - mine - trade - and have a lot of fun doing it ...

#crysx

tanoury

Activity: 235

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:22:01 AM

the whitelist for the servers on nicehash needed to be changed - and a request sent to nicehash support ... unfortunately ( by a mistake on my part ) the whitelist was not complete ... which means there are a couple of servers ( including ace / crysx - so im not exclusive to this ) that are now not functional on the nicehash system ...

these are ...

nicehash support have been emailed with all the correct details - and i await their reply ...

Any word from Nicehash on this? They still don't work  Embarrassed
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 01:52:46 AM

these are ...

nicehash placed the servers on the whitelist already ...

it seems that when i placed ALL the servers on clodflare ( sue to ddos issues that destroyed two servers already that have been rebuilt ) they are blocking a lot of the ports ...

cloudflare DO NOT have port control on an individual level - so tomorrow ( when i get back ) ill go through ALL the servers and set them up through cloudflare to work on a passive level ... that should open the working ports ...

im still learning the cloudflare system - its pretty big :| ...

which servers are you trying to donate mining to - and what algos / ports ? ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 02:32:28 AM

these are ...

it seems that when i placed ALL the servers on clodflare ( sue to ddos issues that destroyed two servers already that have been rebuilt ) they are blocking a lot of the ports ...

cloudflare DO NOT have port control on an individual level - so tomorrow ( when i get back ) ill go through ALL the servers and set them up through cloudflare to work on a passive level ... that should open the working ports ...

#crysx

What on earth are you putting them on CloudFlare for? Unless you're running a website AND stratum shit on them...

it was advice i got from people using cloudflare with these servers ...

the website is on cloudflare and that works perfectly ... but the stratum proxy servers are not functioning like they were - and i cannot find any other protection for them from ddos attacks ( and the like ) ...

the stratum proxies that are used for mining for our farmamd are protected by cloudflare - but i cant log into them without dropping the protection ...

what would you suggest wolf? ...

#crysx

tanoury

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 04:34:07 AM

these are ...

#crysx

X11 algorithm
These work:
stratum+tcp://donate-djm34.granitecoin.com:7003
stratum+tcp://donate-wolf0.granitecoin.com:7003

These won't connect:
stratum+tcp://donate-pallas.granitecoin.com:7003
stratum+tcp://donate-crysx.granitecoin.com:7003
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 10:52:54 AM

these are ...

#crysx

What on earth are you putting them on CloudFlare for? Unless you're running a website AND stratum shit on them...

it was advice i got from people using cloudflare with these servers ...

the website is on cloudflare and that works perfectly ... but the stratum proxy servers are not functioning like they were - and i cannot find any other protection for them from ddos attacks ( and the like ) ...

the stratum proxies that are used for mining for our farmamd are protected by cloudflare - but i cant log into them without dropping the protection ...

what would you suggest wolf? ...

#crysx

Using nothing at all on dedicated Stratum servers? CloudFlare will only make things worse, or do nothing, anyways - as far as Stratum goes. For a website, they can help.

ok - ill take your advice and still have them listed on cloyudflare - but wont have them running through cloudflare ... the website is still on there ...

will see how that goes ...

tanx wolf ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 10:54:40 AM

these are ...

#crysx

X11 algorithm
These work:
stratum+tcp://donate-djm34.granitecoin.com:7003
stratum+tcp://donate-wolf0.granitecoin.com:7003

These won't connect:

tanx tanoury ...

i have delisted all the donation servers off cloudflare - and they should be functioning if it actually was cloudflare that was the problem ...

if they are still not working - then i will look into the servers themselves when i get back into the office tomorrow ...

tanx much for the notice and testing ...

#crysx

tanoury

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:33:51 PM

tanx tanoury ...

i have delisted all the donation servers off cloudflare - and they should be functioning if it actually was cloudflare that was the problem ...

if they are still not working - then i will look into the servers themselves when i get back into the office tomorrow ...

#crysx

Nope, sorry to say, these two still won't connect:
X11 algorithm
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 12:13:29 AM

tanx tanoury ...

#crysx

Nope, sorry to say, these two still won't connect:
X11 algorithm

im going into the office in a few hours ...

ill have a look at what the cause maybe ... then see if we can test from then ...

tanx for that tanoury ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: