Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:38:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: the newer upgrade to the stratum proxies has the ability to be web accessible - BUT - the anonymous nature of the stratum proxies will be forfeited ... the web page will show all stats and graphs including miners and ip ... is this ok? ...
yes - i have no issue with showing my workers and stats and graphs ... - 7 (53.8%)
no - keep the stats and graphs of my workers anonymous ... - 6 (46.2%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - Donate By Mining | DBM  (Read 15862 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 08:40:31 AM
Last edit: October 30, 2015, 12:34:15 PM by chrysophylax

hi all ...

the two donation servers - donate-crysx.granitecoin.com and donate-pallas.granitecoin.com - were down due to the stratum proxy crash on their respective servers ...

tanx tanoury for the notice and the testing ... they should be back up now ...

a full java 1.8.0 update was required for the centos 7 x64 installation the stratum proxies sit on ...

please let me know if you find there are any other issues with the servers - as i will be doing a full update on ALL the servers in the next 24hours ...

tanx again ...

#crysx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tanoury

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 12:34:30 AM

hi all ...

the two donation servers - donate-crysx.granitecoin.com and donate-pallas.granitecoin.com - were down due to the stratum proxy crash on their respective servers ...

They work like a charm chrysophylax  Grin
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2015, 01:06:03 AM

hi all ...

They work like a charm chrysophylax  Grin

awesome ...

i am working on the others at the moment - as djm34 pointed out that his one didnt work well - so ill be looking at ALL of them and seeing what needs to be done ...

tanx for the notice ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2015, 07:45:24 AM

hi all ...

a full complete update of all the donation servers has been completed - with only a few minutes of downtime for each server ... this update was an OS update only ...

the next level is to upgrade the startum proxy software to the latest version - which requires a change in config files ... this will undoubtedly be a LOT of work - as there is no conversion app that can be used to import the old config files to the new ones ...

being labor intensive means that i will be upgrading a server at a time - and ONLY when i can pull the server down for a few hours at a time ...

there will be advance notice before that happens - and will be down for as little time as possible while the upgrade takes place ...

tanx ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 03:44:51 AM

hi all ...

there will be a small outage to all the donation servers and granite website within the next hour for a short period of time ...

in fact - anything associated with the granitecoin.com domain will be affected for that period of time ...

this is due to a server relocation / migration for the domains - and all associated services ...

please bear with us as our isp starts and finalizes this process ...

down time can be estimated at 30mins-60mins - but may possibly be more due to the unforseen issues ...

we appreciate your patience as we make this a better ecosystem for granite - and donation systems alike ...

#crysx

tanoury

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 04:18:18 AM

hi all ...

there will be a small outage to all the donation servers and granite website within the next hour for a short period of time ...

in fact - anything associated with the granitecoin.com domain will be affected for that period of time ...

this is due to a server relocation / migration for the domains - and all associated services ...

down time can be estimated at 30mins-60mins - but may possibly be more due to the unforseen issues ...

we appreciate your patience as we make this a better ecosystem for granite - and donation systems alike ...

#crysx
I really appreciate you letting us know and keeping us informed chrysophylax!
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 05:36:56 AM

hi all ...

#crysx
I really appreciate you letting us know and keeping us informed chrysophylax!

all good tanoury ...

the migration is finished - and went through seamlessly enough ... though if there are any issues - please let us know ...

the granitecoin.com domain is the official domain we will be putting ALL our systems through ...

im about to publish a new wallet for granite on the granite thread that has a couple of small updates - so be sure to check it out if you do use it ...

it needs to be functional AND useable - so only a feature at a time will be incorporated into it ... slowly - like have always done ...

ill be checking all the donations servers this week - and will also look at upgrading the first of the servers to the latest stratum proxy system ... this will add more functionality AND faster experience to the donation systems ... its been tested on my personal server and mining is a breeze with it ... and as always - its still an easy point tothe server with any username and password - and it will mine donation hashrate to the dev of your choice ...

the newest donation server is still in test - which will allow a set of devs ( i have four devs in there at the moment ) to have equal amount of hash as a donation per hour or per day or per set of time we allocate ...

ie - you point your miner with the algo that you chose to the server with any username and any paswword - and the hashrate will be added to the rotation of the devs ... so if we refer to the new server with the four devs currently - in an hour - each dev has 15mins of time that the stratum proxy allocates to each of the devs on a 24 / 7 bassis ... so if you want to donate x11 mining to those four devs - just point your miner to the donation server and port ( eg - ./ccminer alldevs.granitecoin.com:7999 -a x11 ) and you will be donating to four devs in the hour ...

this url does not exist yet - but the server IS online and currently testing ... and working quite well by the results we have seen ...

the only issue we have currently is simply which of the devs that are going into the rotation - and the timeframes to allocate as a total and individual ...

ALL of the devs we currently have listed are active devs - and deserve equal time for rotation - but we cant add ALL of them in ... so we may have to setup 2 or 3 servers with a limited dev count each ... so some of the decisions that are required to be made will have to made with the help of the community ...

as always - suggestions are welcome and if there is a more logical and fair way to distribute the hashrate to the devs - sound it out here ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 12:18:59 PM

hi all ...

there will be intermittent interruptions to the functionality of the servers - as they are being updated AND some of the components recompiled ...

if you find any issues with connections for any reason - please bear with us until we finish the work that needs to be done ...

interruptions / downtime should take no more than an hour at most ...

tanx for your patience ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2015, 02:36:59 PM

hi all ...

the maintenance / update and apps compile have completed successfully and the servers are running smooth again ...

servers are back online and donation mining is up and running ...

tanx for your patience ...

#crysx

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
November 27, 2015, 12:51:34 PM

I like the idea of the donation links and I thank Crysx for that.
Unfortunately it looks like, once again, people don't want to donate to the devs, who are giving their money-making machines for free (even if someone provides additional free tools for the purpose, like in the case of this thread).
It really looks like a paradox.
Come on guys, "the best things are for free" doesn't mean they'll stay like that forever ;-)
Is an egg today better than a chicken tomorrow?

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 10:59:12 AM

I like the idea of the donation links and I thank Crysx for that.
Unfortunately it looks like, once again, people don't want to donate to the devs, who are giving their money-making machines for free (even if someone provides additional free tools for the purpose, like in the case of this thread).
It really looks like a paradox.
Come on guys, "the best things are for free" doesn't mean they'll stay like that forever ;-)
Is an egg today better than a chicken tomorrow?

i appreciate your words pallas - kind and very true ...

there is a distinct value in tools that allow people to operate the products that they have - in a manner that benefits them ... especially if those tools are of a free and opensource nature ...

i think that maybe there is not too much call for individual donations as such - but more a call for people to donate in a conglomerated and community manner ...

what i mean is - if there are fewer and fewer people willing to donate to those that provide these tools / improve these tools ( like yourself ) then we should really look at a more communal way for the donations to take place ...

hence the reason i am working on the rotational server system - that works off algos rather than specific dev ...

there is another way of doing this also - but i have yet to test it ... and would be very benficial on an official pool that is for the devs - rather a general pool that people mine ...

in anycase - it is STILL up to the community to mine there and have their donations given with their consent ...

looking further into this ...

btw - i will be shifting more focus on the granite forum for these sorts of discussions - including the progress for granite as well as mining / thefarm / farmamd ...

#crysx

Eliovp
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1293

Huh?

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 12:09:11 PM

Hey,

Just an idea.

Imagine if a dev creates a mod for lets say (ethereum), + 20%.. or whatever.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to implement a specific pool (donation pool) and that mod inside the software. So that the dev(s) benefit from this for a specific amount of time?

Miners themselves wouldn't lose anything as they are still mining at the same rate that they did before and thus are donating at the same time.

I know this is difficult for especially unix systems, because it's easier to extract the mod from the software.

But at least for those windows users out there (and that's a lot) it would work out.

Maybe depending on much that specific user has donated, the software/mod would be released to that person sooner, or to the public.

The idea needs some fine-tuning, and i'm not sure if it's doable, or even if the devs would agree with something like this. But i for sure would jump in immediately.

It's maybe worth thinking about Smiley

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2015, 12:23:56 PM

Hey,

Just an idea.

Imagine if a dev creates a mod for lets say (ethereum), + 20%.. or whatever.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to implement a specific pool (donation pool) and that mod inside the software. So that the dev(s) benefit from this for a specific amount of time?

Miners themselves wouldn't lose anything as they are still mining at the same rate that they did before and thus are donating at the same time.

I know this is difficult for especially unix systems, because it's easier to extract the mod from the software.

But at least for those windows users out there (and that's a lot) it would work out.

Maybe depending on much that specific user has donated, the software/mod would be released to that person sooner, or to the public.

The idea needs some fine-tuning, and i'm not sure if it's doable, or even if the devs would agree with something like this. But i for sure would jump in immediately.

It's maybe worth thinking about Smiley

that suggestion has been put forward a number of times by a few users on the ccminer-spmod thread ... and the result is almost always the same ...

windows users are not an exception to the rule - but i agree with you that they are just a little outside of that rule ...

the software that is available today is opensource in most cases - and in the case of a windows compilation - code can be implemented for a percentage to donate - but very few devs have really the inclination to implement such a device as its rarely something that would bring them any more than what they get currently ... and that happens for two reasons usually ...

first - community members and miner would much rather mine with free opensource miners that are close to the hashrate that the 'mod' or private kernel does ...
second - to implement something along those lines would inevitably section out the larger farms as they are prone to using linux as their main mining os ... windows becomes just way too costly on a licensing level ...

it IS doable - just not worth the effort on a mining scale ...

BUT - with donations being so damned scarce - there does need to be a way of doing it ... leaving it up to the community - well - you see what happens ...

people take and take and take - but give back very little - if at all ...

so its no wonder a great many devs have such little faith in supporting those that give so little back for their efforts ...

hence this project - at least in its current form ...

there are a few things i would like to implement - but i too need help with the backend system - not donations as such - but developers time and effort as a donation to me to help the system grow and also help in getting more and more miners interested in working toward a fair donation system ...

there is still much that can be done - and the ideas are always welcome ... maybe if we can get a team of devs to create such a system ( whether they be private mining kernels or other ideas ) then we would have a better chance of getting things done ...

tanx for the input - and its always something that can be taken on board ... maybe one day we can make the communities of miners wake up that without the devs - there would be no decent mining software out there to begin with ...

btw - would you 'donate by mining' to a system that donates on a rotational basis the various devs through a 24hour period? ... im working on a system where you point your miner using a particular algo - and it will mine for a certain period of time to one dev - then switch to another - then another - and so on ...

an equal amount for each dev in the system within a 24hour period ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 05:49:47 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2015, 06:03:21 AM by chrysophylax

hi all ...

next week we will be starting the full overhaul of the donation servers ...

the os will have all its updates done - the apps will be upgraded to the latest version - the configuration files will be rewritten and simplified as well as cleaned up ...

all in all - the entire system will be streamlined - thus making for a very efficient system to handle ( almost ) all the hashrate we can throw at the servers ... this will take the majority of a day and night - or spread over the week ... the likely outcome? ... i will be stuck into an entire day and night to finish it ... Smiley ...

we will be collating the logs - and resetting the all files and data when each server gets upgraded ... this will start with donate-crysx.granitecoin.com - then donate-djm34.granitecoin.com - and so on down the list in alphabetical order ... so if you are finding that one server is down - thats probably the server thats being updated at the time ...

i will post here as each server is going through the maintenance and upgrade - and will keep you updated as we progress through them ...

id like to give tanx to all that have donated to the fine devs so far - and will be looking towards donating more hashrate in 2016 ...

many updates will happen next year ... all of which we are working hard to build the groundwork now - for rollout next year ...

if there are any suggestions as to what you would like to possibly see implemented into the system - please leave your suggestions here ( bct ) or on theforum ( the official granite forum ) ... more and more posts and threads will be active on theforum - as we migrate the majority of updates and posts of 'all things granite' to theforum ...

with the newer upgrade the stratum proxies may be web accessible - BUT - the anonymous nature of the stratum proxies will be forfeited ... that is - once the web interface is active - it will show not only the hashrates and the specifications of the proxy - but also the miners that are mining on the stratum proxy ... the miner names - the miner hashrates - the miner graphs - the miner shares - the miner ip - the lot ...

i would really appreciate some feedback regarding this - and i shall keep the web access closed unless the community in general do not have an issue seeing all the stats and graphs of the donation servers ... a poll will be setup for this as well as your comments ...

tanx ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 06:52:30 AM

hi all ...

i can safely assume that the closure or release of the data for mining will NOT be an issue or an option ...

so ill keep it all closed for now - with the option for a glimpse into what i am talking about in the very near future with granites very own thefarm ...

im going to continue to keep the current servers alive - but due to the lack of use it is becoming glaringly apparent that less and less miners are concerned with donate by mining to the devs that have put so much into the communities ...

there are more and more devs moving to privatization of not only kernels - but software in general ...

opensource is still alive and well - but the lack of donations by the vast community members is evident - and has unfortunately shown that the small donations that the devs DO get - are usually from the same donors ...

where is the community spirit and communal power we can all have for the devs?

as mentioned - i shall keep these servers alive and shall continue to push for the donate by mining ... this is a SERVICE and is by no means a profiteering entity - so ALL the expenses come from our ( granite ) pockets ... NOTHING is taken from the donations that you give via mining as ALL the hash goes to the devs wallets ...

in any case - the more we help the devs - the more they help us ...

this is a project that is contributing in the small way it can - the way it knows how ...

will be back with a few updates when they occur ...

and tanx for ALL the donations ( whether through this dbm system or otherwise ) ...

#crysx

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 09:10:32 AM

people just don't understand that a a chicken tomorrow is better than an egg today.
they don't see the bigger picture and want the money right away.

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2016, 12:36:11 PM

people just don't understand that a a chicken tomorrow is better than an egg today.
they don't see the bigger picture and want the money right away.

how true this is pallas ...

and unfortunately - its one of the main issues the crypto community has ...

o well - we will keep plugging along and continue to do the best we can ... its pretty much all we can do for the moment ...

if you are interested / have time to chat on some developments id like to incorporate - then maybe you could give me your advice on them ...

until then - im off to bed Smiley ...

ill be doing a full update of the systems tomorrow - so the donation links will be offline for about 30mins in total ( if all goes well of course ) ...

tanx ...

#crysx

crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 04:34:22 AM

hi all ...

chrysophylax here ...

im messaging from this 'newbie' account 'crysx' because i have tried to log in to bct from the new premises - and failed miserably ...

due to my computer being a linux machine AND being fully encrypted AND having a password wallet that is fully encrypted - i only ever really need to know a few passwrds ( 16 in all ) ... one of the passwords ( and details as i later found out - due to the questions that bct ask for verification ) i did not alott to memory were those conatined in the personal encrypted wallet ... one of those was bitcointalk password and details ...

yesterday - i tried to log in unsucessfully with the wrong password ... the password is 3 years old - which as long as ive had the chrysophylax profile ... it also has made more than 3000posts and is a hero member - about to go to legendary in the coming weeks / months ... now before any of you carryo on about changing passwords regularly and all that - i agree and am totally devoted to changing 'simplistic' passwords ... not ones that require brute force with decryption algorithms and a farm of hash to crack the passwords ... so to move on with the story ...

more than all that - the chrysophylax profile is also is the authority profile for the granite thread AND the dbm thread ( the two projects i currenty have ) and was about to take control of the other coin we have just adopted - ozziecoin ...

when the unsuccessful attempt to log in was tried three times - i attempted to change passwords via email ...

the email was sent from bct to my email address - and i followed the instructions to the 'change password' link - only to have them as a private question - which i have forgotten the answer to also ...

i didnt think that was much of an issue - except that as soon as the submit button was clicked - i receieved the following message ...

Code:
An Error Has Occurred!

Sorry chrysophylax, you are banned from using this forum!
For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com

now this shows three things ...

1 - the security measures that bct have in place are brief and not very descriptive ...
2 - the security measures that bct have in place are active ...
3 - the security measures that bct have in place work ...

now i proceeded to send an email to the above email address to theymos - and will see what happens in the following couple of days ... being an easter weekend - i would assume this may take a little more time so ill leave it till mid to end of next week ...

if i havent received a response by then - ill message mprep and see what suggestion he / she will advise of what can be done ...

a three year hero profile like mine should NEVER be allowed to go to waste ( as i know many of you have had profiles lost that are much older than that again ) - and there should be various countermeasures to allow the official owner of the account to prove themselves ( like knowing or remebering the last private messages before the lockout - which in my case was the 23rd march 2016 ) ...

but again - we will see what happens with the responses i get ...

i will keep you all informed of what happnes with this through this profile ive now started ( which is the short version of my name anyway ) ...

as for the update so far ...

the move is being finalized on the 28th march 2016 ( a couple of days away ) which means i will be on and offline here for the next few days - only to be completely offline for a few days while i set up house in the new premises ... this means that i will be only messaging when necessary - and any of those of you that needed my attention before this happened via pm ( there were about 7 pms in all - i only got to answer one ) will need to send a pm to this current profile - until i can resolve this issue with theymos ( and mprep if possible ) - to get back into my official profile ...

thefarm will be down and will not be back in to production until another residence for it can be found - and am currently in the process of looking for a small warehouse for its growth and redesign and development ... that will happen end of next week when i have personally settled into my ( partner and i ) new residence ...

i will be posting this message in all three forums that are granite based - AND - the mining forums i usually frequent ( like spmod and tpruvot thread ) ...

much appreciated for all your support thus far - and hope to be back online soon with my proper profile ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
joblo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:45:24 AM

Hi newbie, welcome to BCT. Grin

Wow that's rough. Since you have control of the email contact for your account that should be good enough
to convince them you are the owner, eventually.

When I choose a security question I always choose something I already know intuitively and don't have to memorize.
The question contains clues that are only revealing to me.

I hope everything works out.

AKA JayDDee, cpuminer-opt developer. https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5226770.msg53865575#msg53865575
BTC: 12tdvfF7KmAsihBXQXynT6E6th2c2pByTT,
crysx

Activity: 364
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 06:21:58 AM

Hi newbie, welcome to BCT. Grin

Wow that's rough. Since you have control of the email contact for your account that should be good enough
to convince them you are the owner, eventually.

When I choose a security question I always choose something I already know intuitively and don't have to memorize.
The question contains clues that are only revealing to me.

I hope everything works out.

tanx joblo ...

the last thing that is needed here - with all the mess of moving and resettling - is an account fumble like this ...

esepcially to start all over again - with all the main contacts in the private messages ...

i dont want to use a basic password - yet i am in this situation due to the [assword being 1 - old and 2 - not basic and easy ...

fingers crossed they will get back to me sooner than later ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: