Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:13:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Bitcoin/crypto related website?  (Read 939 times)
hcf27 (OP)

Activity: 257
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:40:23 PM

Hello,
I have been a crypto enthusiast for quite some time now, I have been involved in many projects and cryptocurrencies (in 2013 at least half them turned out to be scams sadly)...

However I have a vps with wordpress (which lets you build almost anything) and some free time, if you were me what would you build?... a forum? an info site?... crowdfunding or blog?... I am open to see what you guys think.
I appreciate your comments.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
melisande

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:53:47 AM

All the type of websites that you have in mind are not bad but I often think that the most important thing is monetization method not the website itself.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:57:50 AM

As someone who has worked with several websites within the Bitcoin niche, it appears that news related sites seem to be pretty successful. They take a decent investment at the start, unless you want to write all the content yourself, but once they gain a bit of traction you can make pretty hefty profits. Earnings increase once you start selling sponsored reviews, which from what I have seen net the most income for the sites.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 07:45:53 AM

News sites are definitely the way forward, as long as you can find quality writers, and not people just "telling their opinion".

Quality writers do not come cheap though, I'll tell you that much Smiley
melisande

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 07:49:41 AM

News sites are definitely the way forward, as long as you can find quality writers, and not people just "telling their opinion".

As someone who has worked with several websites within the Bitcoin niche, it appears that news related sites seem to be pretty successful. They take a decent investment at the start, unless you want to write all the content yourself, but once they gain a bit of traction you can make pretty hefty profits. Earnings increase once you start selling sponsored reviews, which from what I have seen net the most income for the sites.
Though we are all entitle to our on opinion but I feel the main purpose of the OP asking us this question is because he needs something he could earn decent amount every month, are you saying that bitcoin news niches could be highly monetized?
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 07:53:16 AM

Though we are all entitle to our on opinion but I feel the main purpose of the OP asking us this question is because he needs something he could earn decent amount every month, are you saying that bitcoin news niches could be highly monetized?

Yes... that's exactly what I said. News sites earn considerable amounts of advertisement revenue once they pick up steam and build a bit of an audience. In addition, many goods and services will pay top dollar for full length sponsored reviews listed on the site, which costs a lot and earns the site administrator a ton.
melisande

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 08:12:11 AM

Yes... that's exactly what I said. News sites earn considerable amounts of advertisement revenue once they pick up steam and build a bit of an audience. In addition, many goods and services will pay top dollar for full length sponsored reviews listed on the site, which costs a lot and earns the site administrator a ton.
Thank you for the insight information, I was also thinking about bitcoin monetization niche, but this really help me also.
It pays to give a helping hands because you will always ended up helping yourself.
jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 10:45:04 AM

Advertising is not the only way to monetize a site. People will pay for quality coverage on a service or topic. Not always tons of money, but this way you also start building relationships.
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 10:52:22 AM

Advertising is not the only way to monetize a site. People will pay for quality coverage on a service or topic. Not always tons of money, but this way you also start building relationships.

The best to Advertising  a website is making a blog post and share it, also if your website would be mentioned in TV
melisande

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 08:12:37 PM

Can you please tell me any other reason that could make someone to start a website apart from monetizing.
noel57

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 26, 2015, 04:12:58 AM

Hello,
I have been a crypto enthusiast for quite some time now, I have been involved in many projects and cryptocurrencies (in 2013 at least half them turned out to be scams sadly)...

However I have a vps with wordpress (which lets you build almost anything) and some free time, if you were me what would you build?... a forum? an info site?... crowdfunding or blog?... I am open to see what you guys think.
I appreciate your comments.
Bitcoin news website could actually earn you some cash but you will need more than vps and time to achieved this, I am pretty sure that you will need some money too.

jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2015, 06:17:54 AM

Can you please tell me any other reason that could make someone to start a website apart from monetizing.

When I ran CryptoArticles with a friend of mine, it started out as a hobby and something "we did for fun" without even hoping to monetize it.

A year later, we made a nice amount of money & sold the website for even bigger amount of money.
melisande

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 05:24:03 AM

When I ran CryptoArticles with a friend of mine, it started out as a hobby and something "we did for fun" without even hoping to monetize it.

A year later, we made a nice amount of money & sold the website for even bigger amount of money.
You guys must be very lucky such thing does not happen all the time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: