Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:23:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cloudthink.io - the next scam in town?  (Read 2299 times)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 06:12:37 PM

This is inconsistent ponzi scheme and sooner or later will be scam.

I dont believe a word of it personally.

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"

It's a bit irritating is that there are still people joining their twitter and signature campaign... they're quick at deleting negative stuff from their threads

Because the rate per post. And the payout is inconsistent too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:59:14 PM

It's a bit irritating is that there are still people joining their twitter and signature campaign... they're quick at deleting negative stuff from their threads

Money makes the world go round. As long as they keep on paying, people will still advertise them..
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 10:04:11 PM

Even more irritating is that there are actually users that buy hashrate at cloudthink.io. There was a thread, i read some hours ago, where someone asked if, when the difficulty drops, the profit shouldnt rise. He had bought, if i not remember wrong, for many USD, and it looked like it did not follow this simple pattern.

Im really not sure why people would not at least check such a website through google. They surely would have read one or another warning.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Twipple

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 10:11:43 PM

Money makes the world go round. As long as they keep on paying, people will still advertise them..

They aren't actually paying any more. For now there are only promises that the next payment will be in a few days , and people are still tweeting and posting in the hope that they will get paid.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 10:25:56 PM

They aren't actually paying any more. For now there are only promises that the next payment will be in a few days , and people are still tweeting and posting in the hope that they will get paid.

Isnt the payment deposited with an escrow? I thought at least that was secured... it would be wise to leave as soon as the escrow doesnt hold enough coins to pay the advertiser.

I wonder how long this goes... and will be interesting to observe the realization phase of customers and promoters.

waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 11:12:28 PM

Isnt the payment deposited with an escrow? I thought at least that was secured... it would be wise to leave as soon as the escrow doesnt hold enough coins to pay the advertiser.

I wonder how long this goes... and will be interesting to observe the realization phase of customers and promoters.

Nope, no trusted escrow provider doesn't want to escrow the sig campaign.. Monbux actually decided to take care of the escrow but i think it was already too late
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 11:47:42 PM

Nope, no trusted escrow provider doesn't want to escrow the sig campaign.. Monbux actually decided to take care of the escrow but i think it was already too late

Ok, didnt think campaigners are that brave.  Roll Eyes Taking part in a campaign everyone says is a scam, paid only once and no escrow. Thats corageous... or stupid... depends on how you want to see it.  Cheesy

If they really started to take the payment date back in time then it seems to be time to close the case for the scammer.

I cant imagine though that he made a lot of money with this.

real789

Activity: 294

If you can't understand my post please report it

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 06:41:08 AM

Now he not paying avatar campaign and not paying twitter campaign too, iam confused why some people use his signature and avatar campaign, are user not see negative trust and he is scamer Huh

===Sempak===
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 06:54:55 AM

Now he not paying avatar campaign and not paying twitter campaign too, iam confused why some people use his signature and avatar campaign, are user not see negative trust and he is scamer Huh

indeed. but they're doing all they can to censor their moderated threads. and some people don't care enough I guess

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 07:02:48 AM

arent they the same guys that run Da Dice?  Da Dice also gets accused of scamming quite a bit too. I'm not really up to snuff on these things. I never gamble and I am so over investing in anything in the btc sphere that the very mention of the words BTC and investment turn my stomach.

anyone interested in my 100 shares of ASICminer? maybe you can figure out why I'm cynical?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 07:22:47 AM

arent they the same guys that run Da Dice?  Da Dice also gets accused of scamming quite a bit too. I'm not really up to snuff on these things. I never gamble and I am so over investing in anything in the btc sphere that the very mention of the words BTC and investment turn my stomach.

anyone interested in my 100 shares of ASICminer? maybe you can figure out why I'm cynical?

Cheesy Its easy to become cynical with the hard way we learned about scams and all.  Roll Eyes

Though dadice is not connected to cloudthink.io. The critics for dadice are that they dont want to show their coldwallet. The initial investors dont want to be identified. Not the best practise i think.

Next thing is that it was possible to hack the chat and withdraw the coins from hotwallet. Though there were only 0.008BTC in there. Or so. The security hole is fixed now but it seems they did not really fix it before when they were pointed to it.

So far its not the best way to handle things. Im not sure if dadice makes profit at all. They spend much on the campaign. But thats something thats up to the investors. If the investors dont want to show the cold wallet then they have to life with red trust for dadice. Which will lower the income for sure.

And being hacked and having the security fixed is a good thing at this point. I dont have problems so far since there seems to be no victims. Investors should know and find out if the site is profitable at all. And i did not hear of problems with a withdraw yet.

Twipple

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:20:27 AM

People do that only in the hope of getting paid. In the past the owner has delayed payment for 2 days , so people feel it will always be paid after a delay which has already been 4 days it seems also will last for a couple more days. People shouldn't have signed up in the first place.
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:05:37 AM

Because people want bitcoin, and they who participated in their campaign complained about the delay payment. Sooner or later they will collapse I think.
sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:22:06 PM

I wonder why few people invest at their site while they don't show any proof that they really mining bitcoin ?
Or why the owner spend many bitcoins for useless advertising, but they haven't paid their users.

I bet they'll collapse very soon
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 03:22:54 PM

I wonder why few people invest at their site while they don't show any proof that they really mining bitcoin ?
Or why the owner spend many bitcoins for useless advertising, but they haven't paid their users.

Didn't they collapse already?

Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:12:32 PM

because they are still paying signature campaigns and there is no announcement thread or feedback from "customers", is hard to say, what is current health status..
Lorenzo

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:58:39 AM

Interesting to see that they only offer packages from $499 and up. Most people don't have that much money to spend on these types of speculative investments so I doubt they will get many customers.

Personally, I'm leaning more towards it being a ponzi although I can't really say for certain since I have no proof. A guaranteed profit of 10-45% and an expected profit of 13-100% sounds too good to be true compared with other cloud mining firms which tend to advertise much more modest returns. If they provided proof of actual mining, then of course I would reconsider my stance.

That being said, I wonder if it's technically feasible for them to offer such returns assuming that everything they say is true (i.e. if they get free electricity from hydroelectric, solar, and/or wind energy and have access to state-of-the-art ASIC technologies). Most cloud mining firms have contracts which reach ROI in 3-6 months assuming no difficulty increases but that's with existing hardware and electricity costs taken into account.

cloud mining sites its like the new trend now in scams, so, prepare, more are coming for sure.

It's been done before many times. One particular example that come to mind is Cryptory. They also sold cloud mining investment packages and also claimed to be using the latest ASIC technologies to gain an edge over competitors as well as offering guaranteed profits just like this one. They lasted for about six months before disappearing.
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:48:52 AM

even if they still pay for signature campaign and social media campaign that will not guarantee if they will not be scam someday
and i think they only wait the right time to be a scam site
Twipple

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 06:58:12 PM

Doesn't look like it. They paid out for the twitter/signature and avatar campaign partly. They seem to be avoiding payment in some cases. They are probably spending that money to do guerilla marketing and advertising in the hope to trap a few investors. Since their minimum investment is too high ,therefore even a few investments will help them fund all their work and they will probably just pull an exit scam after that.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:02:20 PM

There re much safer options generating equal or even better profit. I personally do not invest into anything I cannot control 100%. Only coins which I am able to sell.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: