Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:02:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "How to Time the Bitcoin Market? Hint: Don’t :)" - A Medium Piece  (Read 758 times)
asunnarborg (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 03:33:15 AM

Check out this post I wrote this weekend - https://medium.com/@asunnarborg/how-to-time-the-bitcoin-market-hint-don-t-d3286ed70341

What do you think?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 06:22:48 AM

I think this is just a way to promote the lawnmower website that is being mentioned during the majority of the article..
xarca

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 06:26:10 AM

Lawnmower keyword density is high. Promoting it in the article?
massimies

Activity: 57

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 10:54:29 AM

Nope. Not clicking.  Kiss
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 12:59:54 PM

I think this is just a way to promote the lawnmower website that is being mentioned during the majority of the article..

agree
asunnarborg (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 06:36:57 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2015, 06:47:13 PM by asunnarborg

To all asking me if I'm promoting the Lawnmower app, here's a snippet from the post:

"I don’t want to describe the various merits I think bitcoin or the blockchain (global ledger type tech behind bitcoin) has, or discuss what I think the fair price of bitcoin is, will be, or ever has been, but the following is some interesting analysis and illustration on the price in 2015 and my experience with Lawnmower.io.

Disclaimer:
In January 2015, I co-founded a company to help those who would like to dip their toes into buying, holding, and using (if you’d like) bitcoin while mitigating some of the fears of bitcoin’s previously crazy price volatility by using a DCA-esque structure connected to spending habits. The company is called Lawnmower — a mobile app available for iOS & Android — the links to each and more are available on our main page — www.lawnmower.io."

Just trying to show some cool illustration and analysis. Started with just historical bitcoin price data and then worked in the data I have from buying bitcoin through Lawnmower. Obviously Lawnmower will be "promoted" or at a minimum targeted and analyzed in the writing, tried to allude to it in the sub-title - "An illustrative piece on: historical price data + a new volatility management app".

Would still love to hear your thoughts if you do read it Smiley
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:29:07 PM

To all asking me if I'm promoting the Lawnmower app, here's a snippet from the post:

"I don’t want to describe the various merits I think bitcoin or the blockchain (global ledger type tech behind bitcoin) has, or discuss what I think the fair price of bitcoin is, will be, or ever has been, but the following is some interesting analysis and illustration on the price in 2015 and my experience with Lawnmower.io.

Disclaimer:
In January 2015, I co-founded a company to help those who would like to dip their toes into buying, holding, and using (if you’d like) bitcoin while mitigating some of the fears of bitcoin’s previously crazy price volatility by using a DCA-esque structure connected to spending habits. The company is called Lawnmower — a mobile app available for iOS & Android — the links to each and more are available on our main page — www.lawnmower.io."

Just trying to show some cool illustration and analysis. Started with just historical bitcoin price data and then worked in the data I have from buying bitcoin through Lawnmower. Obviously Lawnmower will be "promoted" or at a minimum targeted and analyzed in the writing, tried to allude to it in the sub-title - "An illustrative piece on: historical price data + a new volatility management app".

Would still love to hear your thoughts if you do read it Smiley

fyi, for future reference.

a lot of us or the majority of us click on a thread and the contents not from a legit or a popular site we wont click it.

so its better to just copy the content and without us making us do work pretty much.
asunnarborg (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:33:33 PM

fyi, for future reference.

a lot of us or the majority of us click on a thread and the contents not from a legit or a popular site we wont click it.

so its better to just copy the content and without us making us do work pretty much.

gotcha, post was pretty long and thought medium was popular/legit?
juju

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 07:43:50 PM

Check out this post I wrote this weekend - https://medium.com/@asunnarborg/how-to-time-the-bitcoin-market-hint-don-t-d3286ed70341

What do you think?

I read your article last night before I fell asleep, it was pretty quick read. I actually was reading through your article and was kind of upset until I understood the point for using Lawnmower, it was was too mitigate some of the price volatility.

Because your app purchases a tiny bit each day with your normal transactions, you are spreading your risk of buying coins over multiple days thus averaging out the overall cost of your purchase. I thought it was really cool how you were able to average out your final price point/1 BTC.

I never understood Lawnmowers perceived benefit until now. Thanks for sharing with the community!
asunnarborg (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 08:15:51 PM

What do you think?

I read your article last night before I fell asleep, it was pretty quick read. I actually was reading through your article and was kind of upset until I understood the point for using Lawnmower, it was was too mitigate some of the price volatility.

Because your app purchases a tiny bit each day with your normal transactions, you are spreading your risk of buying coins over multiple days thus averaging out the overall cost of your purchase. I thought it was really cool how you were able to average out your final price point/1 BTC.

I never understood Lawnmowers perceived benefit until now. Thanks for sharing with the community!

Wow thanks a lot, really appreciate it! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: