Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:22:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has The Lower Price Really Been Great For Bitcoin?  (Read 1647 times)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:49:24 AM

Good for individuals buying now. Maybe not so great for the folks running the infrastructure. There've been a few casualties due to the stagnation but equally they should've accounted for that possibility when setting up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
stallion

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:24:57 AM

price being stable is more important if you ask me. it's great if you buy 1 bitcoin for $230 to see it is nearly the same one week later.

It is not great for bitcoin or bitcoin community but it is really great for a newbie who has just entered into the bitcoin as the prices are down he can buy bunch of bitcoins and hold it for the future/

Yeah not for the people who are holding bitcoin and really looking for its prices to grow and earn a profit out of it but if you are looking for investing in bitcoin and I believe this is the right time to invest in bitcoin,
it depends on how much the newbie is ready to hold bitcoins, if he is ready to do that for a few decades he might end up in big profit, but if only he will hold for a few years he might end up even loosing

A wait of 20 years can make him a potential millionaire.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4284
Merit: 3185

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:25:44 AM

Well it's obvious for the receiver to want the price to be as low as it can so they increase the amount of Bitcoin they receive. For those that hold and pay in Bitcoin, they clearly disagree.

That's not quite true. They want the price to go down before buying and then to go up after buying. It is one thing to hope that it goes down, or to hope that it goes up, but hoping that it goes down and then it goes up ... that sounds more like wishful thinking.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:45:05 AM

The article says it’s for  «The person who gets paid in BTC, and knows where every Bitcoin ATM in the city, even the state, is."

I wonder, if one leaves emotions behind, are these really good reasons to believe so?

There have 2 party which can feel the effect:
-if bitcoin in lower price it's good for some people who buy bitcoin( I called buyer).
-if bitcoin in lower price is bad for some people who earned , they need wait till buyer rise the price.
hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

The article says it’s for  «The person who gets paid in BTC, and knows where every Bitcoin ATM in the city, even the state, is."

I wonder, if one leaves emotions behind, are these really good reasons to believe so?

-if bitcoin in lower price it's good for some people who buy bitcoin( I called buyer).
-if bitcoin in lower price is bad for some people who earned , they need wait till buyer rise the price.

Exactly the lower price of bitcoin is good news for the actual investors who are looking to buy bitcoins at present but it is not great news for the people who are into it since last 3 or 4 years as they are going through losses right now and really want the value of bitcoin should rise up.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4284
Merit: 3185

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:26:20 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2015, 05:36:44 PM by odolvlobo

Exactly the lower price of bitcoin is good news for the actual investors who are looking to buy bitcoins at present...

That is a common fallacy. Consider this:

Price lower, then buy
then price goes lower: bad for buyers
then price goes higher: good for buyers

Price higher, then buy:
then price goes lower: bad for buyers
then price goes higher: good for buyers

As you can see, whether it is good for buyers has nothing to do with the price before the bitcoins are bought. It is completely dependent on what happens after the bitcoins are bought.

A common response is that the price is expected to rise in the long run, so waiting for a lower price is better. But, assuming that you expect the price to rise, waiting for a price drop means betting against your own expectation as well as believing that you can predict short-term price fluctuations.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:31:09 PM

Exactly the lower price of bitcoin is good news for the actual investors who are looking to buy bitcoins at present but it is not great news for the people who are into it since last 3 or 4 years as they are going through losses right now and really want the value of bitcoin should rise up.

It hardly matters for long term and institutional investors. You are referring to such type of investors, who have amassed their coins over the last 3-4 years. I am sure that they will not mind waiting for another 5 or even 10 years. Most of them will wait until the Bitcoin exchange rate peaks, let's say at $1,000 or even at $10,000.  Grin
peterson33

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:26:35 PM

Not sure that assessment is valid now that it's entrenched. That's the variable you're not considering, and it matters.
zeraTunerse

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:12:05 PM

It hardly matters for long term and institutional investors. You are referring to such type of investors, who have amassed their coins over the last 3-4 years. I am sure that they will not mind waiting for another 5 or even 10 years. Most of them will wait until the Bitcoin exchange rate peaks, let's say at $1,000 or even at $10,000.  Grin

Yeah and that would be the best thing to do i guess. I mean if you hold a great volume of bitcoins then you don't need to diversify your investment into other products and If investor can wait for 10 years atleast then he would be earning a great level of profit.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:14:22 PM

Well it's obvious for the receiver to want the price to be as low as it can so they increase the amount of Bitcoin they receive. For those that hold and pay in Bitcoin, they clearly disagree.

That's not quite true. They want the price to go down before buying and then to go up after buying. It is one thing to hope that it goes down, or to hope that it goes up, but hoping that it goes down and then it goes up ... that sounds more like wishful thinking.

Thats quite right. Many people (including me) are hope it to be like that but the reality the price is never be like us want, it will going higher and suddenly drop. It is always like that making people feel annoyed with this kind of situation. But when you lucky I guess you can make that wish come true  Grin

Yeah and that would be the best thing to do i guess. I mean if you hold a great volume of bitcoins then you don't need to diversify your investment into other products and If investor can wait for 10 years atleast then he would be earning a great level of profit.

What do you mean? You actually need diversify it because you can't let your bitcoin lose in one investments, you need to use other to cover it too so with this you can earn a lot without wait any investors
bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:46:48 PM

Well, the lower price is definitely great for adoption. However, the only way for me to buy bitcoins is via wire transfer, which still takes a while, especially when I want to make quick transactions.
stallion

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:52:50 PM

You do realize that it would be hard for people to buy if Bitcoin was worth thousands? More people can afford a single Bitcoin with the current price.
I don't think that many would be fond of having to buy e.g. 0.1 or 0.01 BTC. I have no problems with the price being what it is right now, or with minor daily growth.

P.S. This is the wrong section; price discussion should be in Economics.
i guess lowering the bitcoin cost will help more people get into it and that has been a thing in my mind as to why its not getting more spotlight as it deserves.

Zorrocoin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:06:35 AM

It would be very very difficult to buy bitcoins if it was worth a lot more than the current prices. More people can afford a single Bitcoin with the current price. Additionally , it will not be stuck in the lower price forever. I think it is for the  newbies so they can buy some bitcoins and hold on it for the future high rise in prices.
Mehek

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:33:21 AM

Many people have been fortunate enough to buy bitcoin which is very beneficial. But it has only been possible for people to buy and invest in it because they had  the capability to afford it. The prices will not be stuck low forever of course they will ascend, but I think the low prices have been implied so that more and more people , and newbies come in and buy and save some bitcoins for the future.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:09:15 AM

Many people have been fortunate enough to buy bitcoin which is very beneficial. But it has only been possible for people to buy and invest in it because they had  the capability to afford it. The prices will not be stuck low forever of course they will ascend, but I think the low prices have been implied so that more and more people , and newbies come in and buy and save some bitcoins for the future.

Bitcoins aren't a vegetable, nothing can be implied and its price cannot be limited from some higher source, that's why it is an awesome currency. Its the demand and trade which affects the price. However, I would agree that it is a good time for newbies to enter the bitcoin world and make a good profit as well as better their lives with their involvement in bitcoin.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 03:41:31 PM

It would be very very difficult to buy bitcoins if it was worth a lot more than the current prices. More people can afford a single Bitcoin with the current price. Additionally , it will not be stuck in the lower price forever. I think it is for the  newbies so they can buy some bitcoins and hold on it for the future high rise in prices.

Yes its true to buy bitcoin if the price are in high, but there are many ways to earn bitcoin too besides from buying, you can earn it through campaign, selling items, doing some design, and many things, with this you can earn your bitcoin in no time and with this result you can start trading bitcoin or whatever coin you want to trade. So it is not that difficult to get some bitcoin
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: