Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:06:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Few questions about MPOS advanced setup.  (Read 727 times)
l8nit3 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:46:07 PM

Hello all!
I am currently running two VERY small pools (in open beta), on the same home server (so multiple stratum setup isnt my issue as both pools have found multiple blocks already) and have built quite a few MPOS pools in the past. (tried coiniumserv.... too many issues).
So here are my questions.

1) I am currently running VARDIFF, however i would also like to add 2-3 extra ports per pool for a specified diff. Do i have to setup a whole new instance of mpos and stratum? (running against the same wallet i assume) or is there a way to specify 3-4 ports per instance of MPOS, each with a different diff?

2)I'd like to implement a feature where if a user uses their wallet address as their username, it automatically adds in "account settings" as their withdrawl address. Is this possible? and if so is there any basic framework already in the MPOS source i can just add this feature too? Or should i get writing? lol

3)How can i remove "wallet address" from the registration page? and simply allow the user to add it in later? (or use the above feature once implemented?)

Thank you for your time Smiley (sorry if this is the wrong area to post... went to the "pools" thread and saw that anything for altcoins cannot go there... im running quatloo and zetacoin currently).
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:05:42 PM

I can setup pools with some heavy googling so I'm no expert but for 1) I assume you use nomp and if so adding more ports can be done with the coinname.json located in nomp/pool_configs/.

Example (bold being fixed diff ports):
  "ports": {
        "3032": {
            "diff": 32,
            "varDiff": {
                "minDiff": 8,
                "maxDiff": 512,
                "targetTime": 15,
                "retargetTime": 90,
                "variancePercent": 30
            }
        },
        "3256": {
            "diff": 256
        },
        "3257": {
            "diff": 512
            }

},

Not your keys, not your coins!
l8nit3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:24:31 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 06:36:39 PM by l8nit3

Sadly no im not using NOMP, im running a LAMP server on ubuntu 13.10, mysql, apache2, MPOS, and twistd stratum. So my setups are either, stratum (config.py), stratum-mining(config.py), or MPOS (global.inc.config). Although if NOMP allows the multi port so easily i may just switch over eventually.
Thank you for your quick and concise response Smiley

<edit>
As far as you know, are there any other benefits to using a MPOS/NOMP combo? (I enjoy the MPOS frontend, and have alreday customized it too my liking lol)
</edit>

<edit2>
doing some research into NOMP, and it seems WAAAYYY better then the stratum im currently using, so ill likely make the switch soon, Thank you for your input nd pointing me in the right direction Smiley
</edit2>
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:37:15 PM

Sadly no im not using NOMP, im running a LAMP server on ubuntu 13.10, mysql, apache2, MPOS, and twistd stratum. So my setups are either, stratum (config.py), stratum-mining(config.py), or MPOS (global.inc.config). Although if NOMP allows the multi port so easily i may just switch over eventually.
Thank you for your quick and concise response Smiley

<edit>
As far as you know, are there any other benefits to using a MPOS/NOMP combo? (I enjoy the MPOS frontend, and have alreday customized it too my liking lol)
</edit>

I see. Sadly I don't know anything at all about the differences and the reason I went with the MPOS/NOMP combo is because a detailed guide I found happened to use them.

Not your keys, not your coins!
l8nit3 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:47:06 PM

Awesome thanks for the link, setting up a vm now to give nomp/mpos a go, if i get it working properly ill migration the config over to my pools Smiley Thanks so much for taking the time to help
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: