Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:50:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitShares scam2.0, Still scamming  (Read 12145 times)
Newmine (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:42:51 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2016, 06:18:20 PM by Newmine

In the beginning they asked for money:

"[Preorder] Keyhotee founder ID"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=322291.msg3451627#msg3451627
and you bought it.

Then they asked for more:

"BitShares AGS and Bitshares X allocation"
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1631.0/?r=payroll
and you bought it.

Then they asked for more BTS to cash out on and "live on", see #6:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,10148.0.html/?r=payroll
and you bought it in the form of "delegate pay' which dilutes current share holders.

None of that was enough, now the are seeking to retain licensing for the BitShares Toolkit the Dev team has re-named Graphene.  Graphene will be owned by the recently formed company, Cryptonomex. Cryptonomex's President is Stan Larimer (Bytemasters Dad) and was founded in secret by the Bitshares Dev team after they killed off Invictus Inovations Inc. over the past few months.
"Cryptonomex, Inc retains all rights to the Graphene Toolkit and any derivatives thereof for any other use. The BitShares blockchain is defined as exactly one global ledger. There are many other possibilities for the new SmartChain technology, since this toolkit will be able to be licensed to any party willing to pay the fee to create a new business or app, and run their business to this new type of crypto-technology."-from their self made PR announcement on yahoo!
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16953.0.html/?r=payroll

BTS holders have been waiting for 11 months for a stable platform/ a 1.0 version of the client that is yet to come. Bytemaster claims no funds from Invictus were used to create the Graphene toolkit:
BitShares 2.0, Graphene & Cryptonomex

After much discussion with those in the BitShares community over the licensing terms of Graphene and BitShares 2.0, Cryptonomex has decided to take the following actions:

• All code as of June 1, 2015 will be released under the CC0 1.0 Universal license (https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/legalcode)
  • All future work performed by Cryptonomex will be a derivative owned by Cryptonomex, Inc and will be licensed for use with BitShares under the BSD 3 clause license (http://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause) where BitShares shall refer to a single logical blockchain regardless of how many side-chains it may add in the future.    Rights to use the work for any other blockchain are reserved to Cryptonomex, Inc.
  • All future additions to BitShares will be licensed by their respective authors according to the terms laid out in their individual worker proposals.
Cryptonomex will continue to propose upgrades to BitShares to be funded with stakeholder approval. In all such proposals Cryptonomex will retain the copyright on the work and license it for use with the BitShares blockchain under the BSD license.  All other uses for such future work will be reserved to Cryptonomex.

Cryptonomex has not accepted any funding from the Angel Shares donations made to Invictus.

Cryptonomex is committed to the long-term success of BitShares and will depend upon the BitShares community as much as the BitShares community depends upon us.
So they did this for free, which they refuse to do anything for free for BitShares? Or did they re-name the BitShares Toolkit they abandoned in the "Merger" to Graphene and are now attempting to license it and sell competing blockchains to the highest bidder?

More to come, I am sure.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StanLarimer

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:17:56 AM

Most of the folks on bitsharestalk know NewMine well and weren't buying what he was pushing so he threatened to come over here and make a stink.  I see he did his best!   Smiley

Anyhow here's the facts that got us to the ability to deploy BitShares 2.0 this summer:

1.  Invictus ran out of donated BTC at the end of last year.  All PTS was returned on advice of our accountants.
2.  During recent months 100% delegates have earned about 4277 BTS * $0.006 = $25 per day.  (BitShares paid for 1/2 hour every day)
(Enough for them to answer a few questions or fix a simple bug every day or so.)
3.  By dipping into our BTS reserves set aside for legal, accounting, and government contingencies, I3 was able to provide a small stipend for some of them amounting to about 3 paid hours per day.  To meet the rest of their living expenses, they were forced to live off their savings from last year.
4.  This left them somewhere around 8 unpaid hours a day as independent agents.  With this time, the team continued to provide essential updates for BitShares and worked on Graphene with the hope of producing something of value that could be used to recover all their sacrificed pay.  This was a huge gamble.  It would have been smarter to take a job at Google, use their new salaries to buy up cheap BTS.  Instead they stuck with it.   Net cash flow during all this time was from the developers to BitShares, not the other way around.
5.  When it became clear that Graphene would be a success, the team decided to build a new company to monetize it and recover their painful losses.
6.  ALL of the current stakeholders in Cryptonomex are members of the global BitShares community who invested their own time and/or money to make Graphene possible.
7.  It is CNX intention to use the results of these risky investments to raise additional capital and capture new revenue streams.  To do that, we need to have a company that owns something that merits such investment.  That's why we have the license structure you see.  Failure to assert those IP rights would mean that BitShares would need to find developers able to take Graphene the rest of the way for $25/day.  We were, alas, not able to find anybody willing to continue doing that.
8.  For the foreseeable future we expect to continue using such outside investments to grow the BitShares ecosystem in a way that incentivizes investment in CNX.

Please observe the complete series of announcements we make this summer before you judge our commitment to BitShares success.  

The next one is tomorrow.

Smiley
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:19:47 AM

Most of the folks on bitsharestalk know NewMine well and weren't buying what he was pushing so he threatened to come over here and make a stink.  I see he did his best!   Smiley

Anyhow here's the facts that got us to the ability to deploy BitShares 2.0 this summer:

1.  Invictus ran out of donated BTC at the end of last year.  All PTS was returned on advice of our accountants.
2.  During recent months 100% delegates have earned about 4277 BTS * $0.006 = $25 per day.  (BitShares paid for 1/2 hour every day)
(Enough for them to answer a few questions or fix a simple bug every day or so.)
3.  By dipping into our BTS reserves set aside for legal, accounting, and government contingencies, I3 was able to provide a small stipend for some of them amounting to about 3 paid hours per day.  To meet the rest of their living expenses, they were forced to live off their savings from last year.
4.  This left them somewhere around 8 unpaid hours a day as independent agents.  With this time, the team continued to provide essential updates for BitShares and worked on Graphene with the hope of producing something of value that could be used to recover all their sacrificed pay.  This was a huge gamble.  It would have been smarter to take a job at Google, use their new salaries to buy up cheap BTS.  Instead they stuck with it.   Net cash flow during all this time was from the developers to BitShares, not the other way around.
5.  When it became clear that Graphene would be a success, the team decided to build a new company to monetize it and recover their painful losses.
6.  ALL of the current stakeholders in Cryptonomex are members of the global BitShares community who invested their own time and/or money to make Graphene possible.
7.  It is CNX intention to use the results of these risky investments to raise additional capital and capture new revenue streams.  To do that, we need to have a company that owns something that merits such investment.  That's why we have the license structure you see.  Failure to assert those IP rights would mean that BitShares would need to find developers able to take Graphene the rest of the way for $25/day.  We were, alas, not able to find anybody willing to continue doing that.
8.  For the foreseeable future we expect to continue using such outside investments to grow the BitShares ecosystem in a way that incentivizes investment in CNX.

Please observe the complete series of announcements we make this summer before you judge our commitment to BitShares success.  

Smiley

Yeah, I know, you're all a bunch of saints.  I'm sure you all went hungry because that equity you have from your BitSHARES just wasn't enough for you to make ends meet.  I don't know how you've been able to survive this long.

"Get a job at Google."  Don't make me laugh.  I wouldn't trust you to run the Curly-Q machine at Dairy Queen.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:51:25 AM

Once the 2.0 chain is launched, does it really matter who claims ownership over what?  This will be a highly advanced blockchain in which just about everything can be voted on by shareholders.

Being this dynamic is quite impressive and will attract many developers to create their own apps.  There is a shift in the crypto world where the chains themselves are the operating system and developers will choose the best one to leverage their app.  No need to recreate the wheel and have 100000 different blockchains.
DACMonkey

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:07:05 AM

I don't know if this is bad or good news, the development has a secure funding, but the original principles of Bitshares, Protoshares etc are all gone. How would this affect the Bit"share",  proto"share" , ags holders, time will tell, but it does not look good at the moment.
StanLarimer

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:20:57 AM

Wait and see...   Wink
tupelo

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:20:50 PM

In the beginning it was all about open source and the social consensus, at least that was what they promoted.

Then they made money via Protoshares, Bitcoin donations and Bitshares and now it comes to light that all this was to develop their own proprietary software. Bitshares has to be longest on-going scam in the cryptocurrency realm.

While this is without a doubt unethical and of dubious legal nature, I say this is outright fraud. Greed really brings out the most disgusting side in people.
Newmine (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:07:38 PM

Smiley
I threatened to come over here after you locked and moved the thread I started over at Bitshares talk: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16902.msg216113.html#msg216113
It's funny because all you guys complain when I post stuff over here and that I should keep it in house and express my concerns at your forum first. Well, since you want to moderate my seemingly quite acceptable questions, you forced me to come over here. I even asked you to unlock my thread and the other guys thread you locked. But nope. And here we are. And I am more motivated than ever to point out your scam.

testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:05:53 PM

I threatened to come over here after you locked and moved the thread I started over at Bitshares talk: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16902.msg216113.html#msg216113
It's funny because all you guys complain when I post stuff over here and that I should keep it in house and express my concerns at your forum first. Well, since you want to moderate my seemingly quite acceptable questions, you forced me to come over here. I even asked you to unlock my thread and the other guys thread you locked. But nope. And here we are. And I am more motivated than ever to point out your scam.

I prefer if you posts your posts at BTT first, here most of your readers.
Keep your motivation to point out anything that you see here.

PS: "after you locked and moved the thread"...  Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Newmine (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:35:43 PM

5600 BTC collected. 5600 *todays relatively low BTC price= a lot of money.

415,000 PTS collected. They say they gave it back, but only after they diluted the BTS supply to sharedrop more BTS to themselves, thus making PTS near worthless. Thanks for giving back the empty wrapper to the candy everyone funded you with.  415K*BTS/PTS =~60 million BTS

Each Developer, the people who were paid with AGS Funds and the share dropped drain on BTS have collected near 1,000,000 BTS over the last 6 months.

Now they are trying to drag down the current BTS system by licensing everything the people paid them to work on and are retaining the right to sell the system to competitors.

Oh and they will sell upgrades and add ons to Bitshares at a cost of course.
StanLarimer

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 06:08:56 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 06:20:25 PM by StanLarimer

415,000 PTS collected. They say they gave it back, but only after they diluted the BTS supply to sharedrop more BTS to themselves, thus making PTS near worthless. Thanks for giving back the empty wrapper to the candy everyone funded you with.  415K*BTS/PTS =~60 million BTS

Each Developer, the people who were paid with AGS Funds and the share dropped drain on BTS have collected near 1,000,000 BTS over the last 6 months.

Now they are trying to drag down the current BTS system by licensing everything the people paid them to work on and are retaining the right to sell the system to competitors.

The BTS they got this year as delegates is worth about $5K.

Do the math.  BitShares 0.9 and 2.0, (and BitShares Music and BitShares PLAY) were developed at far below market rates and at zero negative profit.  Smiley
Newmine (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 06:16:51 PM

415,000 PTS collected. They say they gave it back, but only after they diluted the BTS supply to sharedrop more BTS to themselves, thus making PTS near worthless. Thanks for giving back the empty wrapper to the candy everyone funded you with.  415K*BTS/PTS =~60 million BTS

Do the math.  BitShares 1.0 and 2.0, (and BitShares Music and BitShares PLAY) were developed at far below market rates and at zero negative profit.  Smiley

There is no Bitshares 1.0 or 2.0. You guys are so full of shit it unbelievable that people still stand with you. You said Bitshares 1.0 would be released last November, if I remember correctly. Instead you decided to form a new company and license something that should not be licensed.

You are no different than BitGo trying to patent Multisig.
Newmine (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:55:15 PM

aaaaaaand Newmine's accumulation of BitShares is complete, he is now a pumper again:

Congratulations!

Although, not sure if the Bitshares blockchain can handle $15K in peercoin transaction.  Wink

Go BITSHARES devs!  I love you!!

and Peercoin IS pathetic!

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16982.msg217339.html#msg217339

Newmine was correct about one thing though:

The money grab!!!

The BitShares devs (now Graphene) made a unique second blockchain for a competitor!

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16998.msg217362.html#msg217362

Actually I haven't bought any BitShares in a long time. Unless you count trading NOTE aka bitshares music for BTS.

Bitshares paired up with ccedk.com is a fucking joke. That exchange does around $10k in peercoin trades and all you fools are acting like Stan made a deal with Coinbase.

Right now I am going through Blue Sky Laws and the Uniform Securities Acts to see if there should be a complaint filed about their (Cryptonomex) arms reach funding by bitshares and bts Holders without properly registering,  which clearly made the formation of Cryptonomex and What they are claiming as IP possible.
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:50:02 PM

aaaaaaand Newmine's accumulation of BitShares is complete, he is now a pumper again:

Congratulations!

Although, not sure if the Bitshares blockchain can handle $15K in peercoin transaction.  Wink

Go BITSHARES devs!  I love you!!

and Peercoin IS pathetic!

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16982.msg217339.html#msg217339

Newmine was correct about one thing though:

The money grab!!!

The BitShares devs (now Graphene) made a unique second blockchain for a competitor!

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16998.msg217362.html#msg217362

Actually I haven't bought any BitShares in a long time. Unless you count trading NOTE aka bitshares music for BTS.

Bitshares paired up with ccedk.com is a fucking joke. That exchange does around $10k in peercoin trades and all you fools are acting like Stan made a deal with Coinbase.

Right now I am going through Blue Sky Laws and the Uniform Securities Acts to see if there should be a complaint filed about their (Cryptonomex) arms reach funding by bitshares and bts Holders without properly registering,  which clearly made the formation of Cryptonomex and What they are claiming as IP possible.

Firstly, let me state that I really like the Bitshare tech and I think the lead dev Bytemaster is a honest and decent guy. At least he come cross as a decent and honest young man. So I don't have anything against them on the integrity of the main players, but I had the same concern about whether the Bitshare delegate system, DAC ownership and selling such virtual company ownership are the breach of US security laws. Being not an American I am not sure, but I understand the US security agencies could burn the house down if there is a breach, so I asked Stan about it at an other thread. He was nice and kind enough and answered, the answer was that you could see the problem from many angles which sounded an ambiguous interpretation of the problem. It still seems to me what Bitshare does clearly the breach of US security laws and it is quite illegal in the US.
Perhaps that's why they start this new company to set-up a legal framework for the project?
StanLarimer

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:43:13 PM

A team of lawyers and accountants guides our every step.

Smiley
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:32:51 AM

Smiley

I figured something had to because I knew it wasn't ethics.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Newmine (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:01:09 AM

Smiley

Ha. You have nothing to worry about I suppose.
Newmine (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:00:54 PM

Smiley

Ha. You have nothing to worry about I suppose.

Absolutely not.  The first profitable publicly controlled blockchain is about to be launched and cannot be modified or controlled by Gavin, Satoshi, the Larimers, or any human that the shareholders do not explicitly approve of.  Welcome to blockchain2.O

BitShare holders don't care who gets sued.  BitShare owners contract many devs worldwide to develop their coin.  You can't sue them all.

You can't sue bitcoin

You can't sue BitShares

and you can't sue honey badgers

Can you track any conversion?

Nobody is suing Bitshares. In what mental gymnastics routine did you end up with that conclusion?
Newmine (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 02:48:10 AM

Nobody is suing Bitshares.  

Yet.  Why hire lawyers if you didn't think that there was at least a chance that you might someday get sued?

Maybe they just hate money and love lawyers?

maybe not

In what mental gymnastics routine did you end up with that conclusion?

Was that logic too much of a stretch for ya Jenner?

Mrs. BitcoinJesus2.0, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!
chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 03:51:28 AM

Bah... every time that newmine sells low and buys high, we are forced to endure his nonsense.   Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: