Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:16:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MicroGuy's Altcoin Pick of the Week (Inside Scoop)  (Read 5274 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:31:42 AM

CannabisCoin once held a position in the top 15 with a marketcap of over $5 million dollars. With the block reward halving in just a few days, this could be an ideal time to pick up a few CANN for your portfolio.

Marketcap doesn't say much about a coin and I think people are vastly overestimating the significance of the block halving;
Currently there are 6760 coins being mined daily which is worth around 0.123 BTC currently. That is a very small amount.
Cutting that in half is nothing compared to the daily trade volume so there's no logical reason why the price would change significantly and stay there long term.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 02:39:59 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2015, 02:51:45 PM by MicroGuy

CannabisCoin once held a position in the top 15 with a marketcap of over $5 million dollars. With the block reward halving in just a few days, this could be an ideal time to pick up a few CANN for your portfolio.

Marketcap doesn't say much about a coin and I think people are vastly overestimating the significance of the block halving;
Currently there are 6760 coins being mined daily which is worth around 0.123 BTC currently. That is a very small amount.
Cutting that in half is nothing compared to the daily trade volume so there's no logical reason why the price would change significantly and stay there long term.

... audio backing track for this post.

Thank you for these comments.

The marketcap of a coin is a good indicator in terms of visibility within the market. Market movements are not always "logical", they are often psychological in nature. As I stated in my first CANN post, the block halving will (has) provide a boost that could help lift the coin higher in the charts.

It will be up to the community to take this momentum and use it for the continued advancement of the currency.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 11:26:09 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2015, 01:12:20 PM by MicroGuy

~~

Sunday Follow-up for the Week of 6/21/2015

Altcoin = CannabisCoin
Ticker = CANN

Website = http://cannabiscoin.net/

[Sunday Recap]

We had another terrific gain this week with CANN moving up from .00001575 at the time of my pick, to .00001960 earlier today.

That's a rapid gain of 19.25%. And with the block reward just around the corner, and an engaged community more active than ever, I see no reason for the celebration to stall here. CannabisCoin is a solid investment with great potential. I'll be keeping a close eye on this currency over the coming months.

Be sure to tune back in at the "same thread time, same thread channel" this Tuesday @ 8:00PM (see thread OP for details), when I'll be releasing my FREE altcoin pick of the week for 6-28-15. Let's keep the winning streak alive!

Also, be sure to check out all the great stories and features on our website: >> AltcoinPress.com

~~
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 05:58:44 AM

good call on CANN
Let's see if it dog legs up another level or touches back on 1600s?
CANN and POT have established themselves as the leading cannabis coins.  The potential (pun intended) is high.

cross posted this thread in TALK
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864994.msg11724876#msg11724876

keep up the good work Wink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 12:07:50 PM

good call on CANN
Let's see if it dog legs up another level or touches back on 1600s?
CANN and POT have established themselves as the leading cannabis coins.  The potential (pun intended) is high.

cross posted this thread in TALK
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=864994.msg11724876#msg11724876

keep up the good work Wink

Thank you! I think this is a good way to help promote the many benefits of Altcoins. Bitcoin was only the beginning of the crypto revolution.

This week's pick promises to be the most exciting yet! Smiley
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 11:59:47 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2015, 01:23:51 PM by MicroGuy

~~

Altcoin Pick of the Week for 6/28/2015

Altcoin = Sexcoin
Ticker = SXC

Website = http://www.sexcoin.info/

Brief Overview

(bonus: audio backing track for this post.)**

Making a living in cryptocurrency is not always easy. You will likely discover countless ups and downs along the journey. Frequently, I find myself on the bottom getting pounded, but then, right when I feel I can't take the pressure a moment longer, the roles are reversed, and I'm once again on top in the "pole position".

This leads me to Sexcoin (SXC), my Altcoin pick of the week!

With many long-time Bitcoin conservatives now openly admitting that the cryptocurrency revolution will not be restricted to Bitcoin, it's becoming apparent that there will soon be increasing demand for niche currencies. And I believe Sexcoin has a real shot at capturing the attention and favor of the adult market.

This coin once traded in excess of $.10 per coin with a market capitalization exceeding $4 million dollars. And lately, many of the 2013 marketcap leaders are finding renewed market interest. But for some reason, the Sexcoin revival has escaped the radar of active traders and major investors.

Sexcoin caught my attention a few days ago when I noticed it erecting up the charts. After investigating, I discovered that bitcointalk user lavajumper has recently started reviving the coin and rebuilding its various forums and websites. I believe if the community will rally around his efforts and participate in the rebuilding process, we could see a Sexcoin revival becoming THE STORY of summer.

I'll do my part by offering right now to run a free sidebar banner for Sexcoin for the next 30 days. All we'll need is some safe-for-work artwork.

If you're seeking a high-risk bet with massive upside potential, I can think of no better choice at the moment. Therefore, I must award Sexcoin my Altcoin Pick of the Week!

Be sure to check out my Sexcoin 'Feature Story' (and coming banner ad) tomorrow on AltcoinPress.com

~~
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 01:22:54 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2015, 01:37:26 PM by MicroGuy

~~

Sunday Follow-up for the Week of 6/28/2015

Altcoin = Sexcoin
Ticker = SXC

Website = http://www.sexcoin.info/

[Sunday Recap]

We had another strong week this week with SXC moving up 30% from 317 Satoshis on Tuesday to 451 Satoshis today. That's a solid gain of 29.7% and three straight weeks of winners for all you altcoin investors following this thread.

The great thing about this coin is how it has no obvious alt competitors in the multi-billion dollar adult market. Whereas cannabis themed currencies for example have a much greater level of competition (potcoin, cannabiscoin, dopecoin, maryjane, etc.) and a smaller target market. This lack of competition and the fact the currency is still priced as "dead" makes this an altcoin worth keeping on the radar.

Be sure to tune back in at the "same thread time, same thread channel" this Tuesday @ precisely 8:00PM (see thread OP for details), when I'll be releasing my FREE altcoin pick of the week for 7-05-15. Let's keep this perfect winning streak alive!

This week's pick promises to be my best pick ever!  Smiley

~~
X68N

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:17:18 PM

What was the risk% /stopploss you used to gain this gain of 29.7% ?

greetings

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 10:37:57 PM

greetings

The 29.7% is a measurement of the market's movement (upward trajectory) not my personal gain. It's up to thread readers to pick their entry points and exit points. I'm still long SXC.

Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:45:00 PM

greetings

The 29.7% is a measurement of the market's movement (upward trajectory) not my personal gain. It's up to thread readers to pick their entry points and exit points. I'm still long SXC.

I will follow this thread, and if I so happen to profit from your "articles" I pledge here on out to share 5% of my winnings with you. Thanks.
melody82

Activity: 378
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:47:34 PM

Hey man, thanks for these free picks.  I can see that you are putting in a good effort to identify good oportunities, you are not just picking coins based on some ema chart or something.  I look forward to your next pick, and I too will donate some pennies if I make some money on it.  I only have pennies right now, but I am sure you will appreciate the tip even if it is small.  Thanks again!
Cryptock

Activity: 1792
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:57:13 PM

Subscribed , hope i make money with your pick.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 01:02:02 AM

Subscribed as well.

This sounds like a good way to learn about picking the alts to invest in. I am still overwhelmed by all the information to be found, it is very hard to sort through and learn. Thanks for offering this service!
X68N

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 06:36:13 AM

greetings

That was my suspicion  Roll Eyes . Telling noobs how much they can/could earn with your picks without some entry and exit points/Level (&SL),
is shady in my opinion, especially when you bought that coin before them. Its like a P&D for your own benefit only.
Without knowing entry,exit and stopploss, it is pointless to name percentages or how much in theory can be won
when the risk is not taken into acount!

greeting

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 08:24:50 AM

Great work man thanks for these free picks Smiley
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:26:32 AM

Can you stop bringing these faded shitcoins with zero innovation back to life? we dont want another ryan dumper.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 01:06:16 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2015, 03:00:09 PM by MicroGuy

That was my suspicion  Roll Eyes . Telling noobs how much they can/could earn with your picks without some entry and exit points/Level (&SL),
is shady in my opinion, especially when you bought that coin before them. Its like a P&D for your own benefit only.
Without knowing entry,exit and stopploss, it is pointless to name percentages or how much in theory can be won
when the risk is not taken into acount!

greeting
Thanks for your opinion, but that's not the objective of this thread. Please see the OP.

This is an experiment to see how the markets react after a story is published on AltcoinPress.com. I have a theory that most altcoins are undervalued, so I try to find the ones that are, then publish my findings/reasons. These are all potential winners. I'm not writing about coins that I don't like, so it would be pointless to provide exit points. I'll be careful with my wording moving forward to ensure clarity.

Just to make sure there are no misunderstandings (which I think is already unlikely), I'll start including a big bold red disclaimer in my Tuesday 8:00EDT post when I announce my free weekly pick.
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 02:41:18 PM

Can you stop bringing these faded shitcoins with zero innovation back to life? we dont want another ryan dumper.

The point of this thread is literally to choose the altcoins that do bring some innovation to the masses of other shitcoins. That was literally what he said in the beginning and I like his picks so far. Maybe read a bit more next time before fudding around?
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 03:35:17 PM

The point of this thread is literally to choose the altcoins that do bring some innovation to the masses of other shitcoins.

"anti ryan dumper"

yeah so microguy this is the base assumption.

and it looks like you are picking coins that

a) have been around the block ... no ico crap, just established known coins
b) you see some 'un-noticed' value  ... hence pick o the week

so far so good!

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Hollingsworth

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 05:44:05 PM

Microguy, do appreciate your research for viable coins to invest/trade in.

From my time investigating and trading in alt coins, here is some wisdom I can forward to your readers:

-- try to trade in alt coins that have had fair distribution, i.e. no or little premine/instamine. Dont get caught on the losing end of pump and dump. Research the coins mining origins, read the coins announcement page, ask questions.

-- choose coins that have relatively high volume, that are actively traded. This is easy to do: just sort the coinmarketcap page by 24hr volume column. This is a much more valid criteria than the market cap, if you are looking to actively trade.

-- look at a coin's price chart for 3 months, 6 months, 1 year... does the coin show consistent up and down movement, rallies that were profitable within a reasonable time frame?  If so, you can trade on that coins historical data, because history repeats itself.

-- once you find coins with the above criteria, invest in them, looking for historical buy-in lows and wait and be patient. Wait for the coin to rise and take moderate profit. Don't be greedy, be happy with 10%, 20%, 30%...anything more is just greedy gravy.

-- repeat the trading with same or different alt coins

-- never keep coins in a trading exchange, keep them safe in your coin wallet.

-- while holding your profits to reinvest, try to save back to something non volatile...fiat, or if very short term, use bitcoin.

-- most importantly, never invest anything more than play money. You cannot emotionally be attached to trading funds, if you hope to profit.

Hope this helps some alt coin traders.  Smiley

H.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: