Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:30:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Hashrate Predictions/Investment Calculator **UPDATE BETA 1 RELEASE**  (Read 1020 times)
mrkubanftw (OP)

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 05:24:45 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2015, 09:02:49 PM by mrkubanftw

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Iv'e come up with a pretty handy Network Hashrate predictions excel sheet. It will cover Q3'13 to Date!

Information Included

• Hashrate over set timeframe
  • Difficulty over set timeframe
  • Averages of Increase per Gen, per Quarter
  • Sums of increase over Quarters
  • Profitability over time
  • Expected earnings
  • Trade Volume per Quarter against price
  • Difficulty over set timeframe

ADDED THIS WEEK!(s)

• Investment Calulator

This will allow you to plop in a goal value and a set time frame. Setting parameters such as electricity cost and considering predictions it will return a required capitol investment.

EDIT**
Everything is working with the investment calculator, except time frame. This is rather difficult to calculate considering this is all backwards calculated from your initial profit goal. More will be added to this calculator but i wanted to get it out there for you guys to see/give feedback on!

What would you like to see? What information what be useful to you?

Some thread feedback might help to provide me with useful tools for upcoming updates within the calculator.

Compensation

I am selling an enterprise version that's completely open source- basically you do with it what you want (edit - manipulate). I am also selling a non-open version for much less and leaving maintenance + updates to myself. This version also locks out the data tables where much of this math is being done. Each user is provided a serial number.. this serial number is linked back to a key that i can provide at any time if you wish to upgrade to the unlocked sheets.

EDIT***

I strongly recommend purchasing the unlocked version if you wish to take my math and improve upon the calculations to better suit your needs.

Otherwise I do updates weekly for the locked version taking user feedback in mind!

• BTC0.2 for an unlocked enterprise edition
  • BTC0.02 for an individual locked version.

Let it be known I do not yet have a solid individual copy yet available. Everything I have currently is open. Given someone does purchase this tool, let it be known that distributing it for free on this forum (any forum for that matter) in another thread would be against terms of sale.. and would hence void the possibility of any future business.

EDIT**

The individual copies are available going into BETA 1.

I'll do escrow if needed. Og is the man.

Feedback appreciated guys!

EDIT** iNVESTMENT CALCULATOR image attached

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:24:11 PM

Count me in for a individual copy!

A couple things I would like to see:

1. General state level power comparisons (pricing)
2. General information on currently available devices (ghash/watt, ghash/$, hashrate, etc)
3. Custom mine definition, so I could take that list of devices, and say I have 10 S5's, 5 SP20E, etc

I'm sure I'll think of more, but off the top of my head those are what I would love to see first.
manekari

Activity: 455

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:37:35 PM

Awesome tool.

PS : Moderators, Please move this thread to Digital Goods section.

Smiley
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 05:41:43 PM

2. General information on currently available devices (ghash/watt, ghash/$, hashrate, etc)
3. Custom mine definition, so I could take that list of devices, and say I have 10 S5's, 5 SP20E, etc

I'm sure I'll think of more, but off the top of my head those are what I would love to see first.

Wonderful  input! The custom mine/farm definition is a very good idea! I'm pretty close with power cost by state in a nice little drop down menu. It draws the information straight from the EIA's webite.
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 05:46:52 PM

MarkAz's payment of BTC0.02 was received and he was sent Version Alpha. Many changes will be made over the next few days and i'll be sure to keep this thread updated with the appropriate information. 
atsuky

Activity: 310

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:22:42 PM

Pm'd for info and asked to buy Smiley
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 09:10:58 PM

Inquiry answered  Smiley   

I'm getting great feedback and idea's everyone! By the end of the week or the weekend at the latest, my goal is to release beta, including the investment calculator (with prediction), and a custom mining farm sheet. All of the logic and code has been tested and works. It just needs to look pretty on its own sheet  Grin
tarzan2

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

its not my fault

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:51:06 PM

Inquiry answered  Smiley   

I'm getting great feedback and idea's everyone! By the end of the week or the weekend at the latest, my goal is to release beta, including the investment calculator (with prediction), and a custom mining farm sheet. All of the logic and code has been tested and works. It just needs to look pretty on its own sheet  Grin

this is great.. please let me know when you'll be releasing this. i'll definitely buy a private key Smiley

free bitcoin storage service! please send to: 1TArzAn26Wvw872Yw36JiBe21SEaypJTP
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 02:16:49 AM

Inquiry answered  Smiley   

this is great.. please let me know when you'll be releasing this. i'll definitely buy a private key Smiley

The alpha is already out! PM me for details. Also, updates will be free and i'm releasing a second version later this week  Grin
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 08:54:38 PM

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let users know BETA 1 has been released.

• Investment Calculator added v1
  • Visible user info page
  • Hidden page with Data Tables (unlocked)

More to follow! My plans for the weekend/next week is to make some changes to the calculator that I feel might have a more practical feel. Also would like to delve into the custom miner profitability chart that was mentioned by a user.

Also non-usa customers! Please let me know if you would like to see added drop down bars for setting power cost. I could do this two ways. Have a user definable field when you manually enter in your power cost... or i can begin adding countries/states one by one to the drop down as requested.

With that please tell me if you would like to see other currencies used! I will be adding a drop down to allow the choosing of a preferred exchange.

I will be contacting users individually with their updated version.
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 09:49:19 PM

Also I would be willing to gift one copy out to a HERO member for a review! We need some feedback gents! This tool is beyond value and its only BTC.02 !!
tarzan2

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

its not my fault

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 12:18:17 AM

Also I would be willing to gift one copy out to a HERO member for a review! We need some feedback gents! This tool is beyond value and its only BTC.02 !!

i aint a hero but i just bought one of these.. i guess nows my chance..
crap, did i blow it?

anyways, i'll let you guys know how it goes

free bitcoin storage service! please send to: 1TArzAn26Wvw872Yw36JiBe21SEaypJTP
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:46:59 PM

Love the beta version - really looks great and you can see the potential this has when weighing things out, anyone serious (or thinking about being serious) about mining would be foolish not to pick it up.

Anyway, right now it's specific to the S5, which is fine, since that's what I have, but what I would love to see is another tab that would be Equipment, and on that break out several different devices.  Imagine each column is a different device, and the rows would be:

Name
Cost
Hash Rate
Power Consumption
GHash/Watt (derived)

Amount (number of devices)

This way you could have columns for S1, Neptune, SP20e, etc - you would fill in the amount of each type of device you'd have, and then it would fill in Revenue sheet, which would be just like your Investment sheet, but instead of deriving devices from a Target monthly income, you could see stats related to actual operations of a diverse deployment.

One other thing you might consider is all of the secondary costs these devices have.  For instance, on a basic model I built before, I also include PSU's, PDU's, Racks and Switches - those are pretty much the key things you'll be buying.  I also included a number of devices per type; so is was 1 PSU to 5 S5's (I use the IBM 2880w power supplies), 16 S5's per switch (24 port switch, other ports for uplink and PDU), and 10 S5's per 30A PDU (240v).  When you start adding these up, they can gobble up a fair bit of money, although most (if not all) will be fine for the life of the mine, as opposed to the miner that will be upgraded at some point.

One other thing you'll probably want to consider for the longer-term forecasting will be the reward halving that will happen next year, as it will certainly affect the economics of mining...  You also have the average difficulty increase, but you might want to add something to account for bitcoin's value also rising over that period.

Which brings me to my final suggestion - the same way you modeled out Network Difficulty, it would be super awesome if you did that for the price of BTC.  This way you could at least maybe make some long-term predictions - all of this is guesswork, but even a guess is better than no idea at all.  Wink
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 02:31:04 PM

Love the beta version - really looks great and you can see the potential this has when weighing things out, anyone serious (or thinking about being serious) about mining would be foolish not to pick it up.

Anyway, right now it's specific to the S5, which is fine, since that's what I have, but what I would love to see is another tab that would be Equipment, and on that break out several different devices.  Imagine each column is a different device, and the rows would be:

Name
Cost
Hash Rate
Power Consumption
GHash/Watt (derived)

Amount (number of devices)

This way you could have columns for S1, Neptune, SP20e, etc - you would fill in the amount of each type of device you'd have, and then it would fill in Revenue sheet, which would be just like your Investment sheet, but instead of deriving devices from a Target monthly income, you could see stats related to actual operations of a diverse deployment.

One other thing you might consider is all of the secondary costs these devices have.  For instance, on a basic model I built before, I also include PSU's, PDU's, Racks and Switches - those are pretty much the key things you'll be buying.  I also included a number of devices per type; so is was 1 PSU to 5 S5's (I use the IBM 2880w power supplies), 16 S5's per switch (24 port switch, other ports for uplink and PDU), and 10 S5's per 30A PDU (240v).  When you start adding these up, they can gobble up a fair bit of money, although most (if not all) will be fine for the life of the mine, as opposed to the miner that will be upgraded at some point.

One other thing you'll probably want to consider for the longer-term forecasting will be the reward halving that will happen next year, as it will certainly affect the economics of mining...  You also have the average difficulty increase, but you might want to add something to account for bitcoin's value also rising over that period.

Which brings me to my final suggestion - the same way you modeled out Network Difficulty, it would be super awesome if you did that for the price of BTC.  This way you could at least maybe make some long-term predictions - all of this is guesswork, but even a guess is better than no idea at all.  Wink

Mark,

Thanks for the feedback its much appreciated! I like the ideas and I do plan to add custom configs for different equipment. Once I get additional equipment spec'd out I will delve into the fixed costs of each different hardware (power supplies, switches). I do plan to add predictions for btc price moving into the future. I really wanted to get the calculator added.. and now that its there I can switch gears and get back to the predictions side of things.

Stay tuned this week for beta 2!
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 06:26:44 PM

bump!
+Bitcoin

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2015, 08:38:28 PM

Is there a similar tool that provides profitability info with cloud mining providers?
mrkubanftw (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2015, 06:05:08 PM

Is there a similar tool that provides profitability info with cloud mining providers?

To be honest I don't believe in cloud mining. Most of these businesses based out of Washington state get power dirt cheap for $.06 in some areas and then turn around and double the asking rate. That's only for the handful of cloud mining companies that aren't pyramid scams in the first place. Too greedy of people involved.

That been said, if the community feels differently, and there was shown interest, I would make one. Why not.
+Bitcoin

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2015, 11:10:33 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2015, 01:35:52 PM by +Bitcoin

To be honest I don't believe in cloud mining. Most of these businesses based out of Washington state get power dirt cheap for $.06 in some areas and then turn around and double the asking rate. That's only for the handful of cloud mining companies that aren't pyramid scams in the first place. Too greedy of people involved.

That been said, if the community feels differently, and there was shown interest, I would make one. Why not.

I follow cloud mining for some time now and I think it is quite a lot of money in cloud mining, especially now when price went up. I am interested in calculator and I am pretty sure there are many others. I see questions everywhere "Is bitcoin Mining profitable?" but none of them actually answers this question for cloud mining companies.

I have a list of some could mining providers https://plusbitcoin.net/bitcoin-mining/bitcoin-cloud-mining-providers/ that I think are worth considering for analysis.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: