Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:05:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Miners are all hitting close to the cap currently  (Read 1825 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 08:55:18 AM

The Greeks are worried that their cash is about to become worthless. Therefore, they are buying up as much gold and BTC as they can.
I think that this is pure speculation right now. Does anyone even have evidence of Greeks buying in?
Besides even if that was the case they didn't cause the market to move too much. Maybe we could be looking at a $250 support level now?

Yes exactly, and the problem is that Gavin has said that it could take some months to get the change implemented.  That is why he is pushing for action now.  If he waits then it will be too late in the future to make the change fast enough to prevent problems.  And the side chain nonsense is not ready for the prime time, I wish those guys to get rid of their conflicts and make what needs to happen for the community  in stead of lining their own pockets.
This all depends on the circumstances. We just had a block that was 0.42 kB big 2 hours ago after which some bigger ones occurred.
Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it is nonsense.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 3472

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:24:19 AM

The Greeks are worried that their cash is about to become worthless. Therefore, they are buying up as much gold and BTC as they can.

Their cash is called euro and have a central bank is really difficult become worthless, maybe become don't withdraw anymore in a ATM cash machine or even not spendible in a classic manner like in a shop or a internet e-commercial.
But at this point price will really pump up again....

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:27:34 AM

I'd keep an eye on Greece.  It seems like the next week should bring some fireworks for Greece.  If they leave the EU and/or there are currency controls, Bitcoin is going to fly again, like when Cyprus had their financial issues.

It would be a shame if the Greeks moved into Bitcoin at a time when a Hard Fork is performed.

We need stability to get the masses involved.  I think they should get it done ASAP, then it can be forgotten about and the next crisis and resulting rise can be more sustained, rather than followed by news of internal Bitcoin squabbling!
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 09:41:43 AM

It's normal that when price is going up naturally this also lead to more transactions taking place or the other way it's the transactions that are the one driving up the price. There could be some large buy orders taking place somewhere that we did not see and the seller is probably restocking up by buying again from someplace else. At this stage it's still purely speculation because we haven't read any major news/announcement thus far.

iram66680

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:22:40 PM

It's normal that when price is going up naturally this also lead to more transactions taking place or the other way it's the transactions that are the one driving up the price. There could be some large buy orders taking place somewhere that we did not see and the seller is probably restocking up by buying again from someplace else. At this stage it's still purely speculation because we haven't read any major news/announcement thus far.
The transaction volume can reflect on the size but both low and high volume can cause such increase. A big faucets may have paid out everyone or perhaps A exchange started moving funds from cold storage.

ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:38:12 PM

One thing I've noticed is that the recent price surge in bitcoin has been accompanied by even larger surges with many of the alts. I awoke to see Litecoin had shot up 30% yesterday, and most of the rest have also been going up more strongly than bitcoin itself. Which implies that money is flowing into bitcoin, and from there into altcoins.

But why? Is the block size limit debate scaring people into hedging by buying altcoins just in case bitcoin starts suffering? If that were true I'd expect to see bitcoin's price deflate at the expense of the alts. Something else is going on here, on a fairly broad scale.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:38:05 PM

Probably due to the rise in price. Lots of buying and selling happening. Smiley
AgentofCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:09:46 PM

One thing I've noticed is that the recent price surge in bitcoin has been accompanied by even larger surges with many of the alts. I awoke to see Litecoin had shot up 30% yesterday, and most of the rest have also been going up more strongly than bitcoin itself. Which implies that money is flowing into bitcoin, and from there into altcoins.

But why? Is the block size limit debate scaring people into hedging by buying altcoins just in case bitcoin starts suffering? If that were true I'd expect to see bitcoin's price deflate at the expense of the alts. Something else is going on here, on a fairly broad scale.

Yes, many alts have risen very fast. Kind of surprising since I thought the days of alts were dead from the $1000 crash.
I assumed most people learned their lessons (Most coins fail or are scams).
After that crash, most altcoins failed or crashed and many altcoin trading sites went out of business.

Surprised that btc is going back into them.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 3472

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 09:54:40 PM

About Greece, Monday will be a "historic" day, but so many people think that a "grexit" is not possible at this time, maybe later but not now.
There was a good movement for btc due the voice of greece failure, but the "economic shark" will move more than simple "peanuts" and price will rise again strongly.
Maybe if Sunday there was some "strange" movement on the exchanges, we can wait with an high probability a bad issues on greek situation.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███