Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:34:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support switching Bitcoin over to Hearn's XT alt with it's exponential bloat by the first of the year 2016?
Fuck No! - 55 (43%)
Hell Yeah! - 73 (57%)
Total Voters: 128

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP. [NooNooPol]  (Read 15266 times)
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:58:34 PM

Just a quick question (still need my fix as I'm having withdrawal) is you "crack" pure and un-moderate like the stuff I used to get over at the other place befor the authorities shut it down?

Your text is a bit difficult to parse, but I would say: 'Yes, kicking your crack habit would be advisable if you can do it.'

you mean leave bitcointalk?

**edit**
I was trying to use humor and implying most of the contributes to cypher's thread, even bitcointalk seem to have an almost unhealthy habit of checking in daily and spending a lot of time on bitcointalk.

i would consider carrying on as normal over here, if its not moderated. just wondering if you set up the page as self moderatored or not?  

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:03:27 PM

Just a quick question (still need my fix as I'm having withdrawal) is you "crack" pure and un-moderate like the stuff I used to get over at the other place befor the authorities shut it down?

Your text is a bit difficult to parse, but I would say: 'Yes, kicking your crack habit would be advisable if you can do it.'

you mean leave bitcointalk?

Shudder the thought!  bitcointalk.org is my life and I'm sure it is the same way for everyone Wink

I followed up with this edit:

edit:  More seriously, I don't expect this thread to go anywhere.  I am pretty negative about censorship generally and I've credited theymos repeatedly for running a forum which is intolerant of it more than almost any I know of.  I can imagine only a tiny corner-case where I would censor any thread.

I never pay any attention to a moderated thread unless I don't notice that it is moderated.  In fact, I requested that moderated threads are more noticeable on the forum display as one of the few suggestions I've made on meta so I can not accidentally post to them or read them.

I believe that it is probably impossible to switch a non-moderated thread to a moderated one mostly because I've never seen it happen.  If it were possible cypherdick would probably have done it on his epic sister thread long ago.  Instead he just locks it from time to time when the going gets rough.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:08:09 PM

Great,

so apart from the last 2 pages of posts that were deleted this is where we left off:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68655.msg12175430#msg12175430

tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:14:12 PM

Great,

so apart from the last 2 pages of posts that were deleted this is where we left off:

My little creation that I am espeically proud of fell victim to the censors:

Who's the shilliest shill we know?
  cypherdoc! cypherdoc!

Who's Mike Hearn's biggest Ho?
  cypherdoc! cypherdoc!

Who will nuke your eyes 'till they glow?
  cypherdoc! cypherdoc!

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:22:30 PM

Great,

what do you mean its still here?

tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:41:43 PM

Great,

what do you mean its still here?

I got a mail in my inbox saying the post was deleted as 'off-topic'.  I didn't even bother to check.  cypherdoc's thread shows up as locked so it's not very interesting to me.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:34:54 AM

Wink

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:49:51 AM

he locked his thread?

Anyone know why?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:59:43 AM

he locked his thread?

Anyone know why?

thread was locked by the admins for being off-topic.

I don't necessarily agree but I'm having a big laugh at how cypherdoc must be fuming right now. His life's work, all gone  Cheesy

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:02:51 AM

he locked his thread?

Anyone know why?

I don't necessarily agree but I'm having a big laugh at how cypherdoc must be fuming right now. His life's work, all gone  Cheesy

life's work? its still there its not just cypher it's everyone how has contributed, i think the work of the last 5 years is dumping on the market right now. cheep coins

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:03:19 AM

he locked his thread?

Anyone know why?

oh the admins locked it?

interesting.

So instead of moving it let's lock it?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:05:13 AM

he locked his thread?

Anyone know why?

oh the admins locked it?

interesting.

So instead of moving it let's lock it?

They moved it to altcoins sections first

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:46:27 AM

he locked his thread?

Anyone know why?

I'll bet that cypherdoc locked it himself when the laundry-mark that is XT started to really be exposed.

The nice thing about allowing attackers to use a forum is that it becomes possible to pin people who have put in a lot of effort.  Looking through the now-locked thread, I identify some of the primary petites taches de merde as so:

- cypherdoc
 - justusranvier
 - peter r
 - solex
 - erdogan
 - zarathustra
 - smooth/rocks
 - majamalu
 - stolfi (honorable mention - still as active as ever elsewhere.)

Some of them have really put in some effort over the years.  Others not mentioned are more likely to simply have been duped.  Interestingly, when I was doing a quick skim to make this list I noticed that most of these folks went dark within a stretch of hours of when cypherdoc did.

And the list of some of the people who were especially tenacious at fighting the good fight:

- iCEBREAKER
 - brg444
 - hdbuck
 - Marcus_of_Augustus
 - tvbcof (me)
 - odalv

and lots of people who chimed in letting people know that they have not been fooled.  It's hard to gauge how many people's eyes were opened to the hostile takeover attempt but I'll bet it was a lot.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:53:26 AM

Privacy backdoor in XT code? https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3hixp5/uhoh_privacy_backdoor_in_the_new_fork

(note how XT supporters wanted to get this banned from r/bitcoin)

https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoinxt/comments/3hil8h/bitcoindev_bitcoin_xts_tor_ip_blacklist Peter Todd peeing truthiness in the r/bitcoinXT punchbowl.

tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:03:57 AM

Privacy backdoor in XT code? https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3hixp5/uhoh_privacy_backdoor_in_the_new_fork

(note how XT supporters wanted to get this banned from r/bitcoin)

https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoinxt/comments/3hil8h/bitcoindev_bitcoin_xts_tor_ip_blacklist Peter Todd peeing truthiness in the r/bitcoinXT punchbowl.

How fast they go from "HALP!  We're being oppressed and censored!" to "Um, can you perhaps move this thread to where nobody notices it?  Pretty please with sugar on the top!" 

Example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1156489.msg12180252#msg12180252

LOL.

rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:13:22 AM

You guys cheering thermos' censoring of the thread is just sad.

You do understand that just because you silence others that does not make their ideas magically go away, and it does not make you right.

But you always had a losing argument, must feel nice to have the thread censored to get you off the hook of having to continue to defend obvious nonsense.

You guys pulled the nuclear option and deleted/sanitized all discussion you disagree with from /r/bitcoin and bitcointalk.org. If you have to resort to that it always means you are on the wrong side.

So bask in your assumed victory now that there is no one left to question you. It's going to be a short lived one.
tvbcof (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:15:52 AM

You do understand that just because you silence others that does not make their ideas magically go away, and it does not make you right.

But you always had a losing argument, must feel nice to have the thread censored to get you off the hook of having to continue to defend obvious nonsense.

You guys pulled the nuclear option and deleted/sanitized all discussion you disagree with from /r/bitcoin and bitcointalk.org. If you have to resort to that it always means you are on the wrong side.

So bask in your assumed victory now that there is no one left to question you. It's going to be a short lived one.

Nobody I can think of advocated censoring or sterilizing anything.  For all we know cypherdoc himself picked up his ball and went home.

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:23:53 AM

Nobody I can think of advocated censoring or sterilizing anything.  For all we know cypherdoc himself picked up his ball and went home.

You're  still as stupid ever and willing to throw loose  allegations around like vomit.

You're still going to lose because of all your unethical tactics.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:31:30 AM

he locked his thread?

Anyone know why?

I'll bet that cypherdoc locked it himself when the laundry-mark that is XT started to really be exposed.

The nice thing about allowing attackers to use a forum is that it becomes possible to pin people who have put in a lot of effort.  Looking through the now-locked thread, I identify some of the primary petites taches de merde as so:

- cypherdoc
 - justusranvier
 - peter r
 - solex
 - erdogan
 - zarathustra
 - smooth/rocks
 - majamalu
 - stolfi (honorable mention - still as active as ever elsewhere.)

Some of them have really put in some effort over the years.  Others not mentioned are more likely to simply have been duped.  Interestingly, when I was doing a quick skim to make this list I noticed that most of these folks went dark within a stretch of hours of when cypherdoc did.

And the list of some of the people who were especially tenacious at fighting the good fight:

- iCEBREAKER
 - brg444
 - hdbuck
 - Marcus_of_Augustus
 - tvbcof (me)
 - odalv

and lots of people who chimed in letting people know that they have not been fooled.  It's hard to gauge how many people's eyes were opened to the hostile takeover attempt but I'll bet it was a lot.

Quite a stark contrast in brain power versus thuggery you got there.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 05:42:01 AM

Nobody I can think of advocated censoring or sterilizing anything.  For all we know cypherdoc himself picked up his ball and went home.

You're  still as stupid ever and willing to throw loose  allegations around like vomit.

You're still going to lose because of all your unethical tactics.

... and here comes the compromised shill to lecture others on ethics. Have you no shame?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: