Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:33:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Issue resolved.  (Read 5160 times)
poloskarted (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:39:51 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2015, 12:18:18 PM by poloskarted

Correct trading data now shown

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:51:25 AM

Thank you sir this is some excellent work.  I see numbers from time to time that make me scratch my head but I never had the initiative to investigate it myself.  We need more sleuths like you to keep the devs honest Wink
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:54:40 AM

Yup.....one exchange, ran by the currency devs themselves. Not dodgy at all...... Grin

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
cryptonikus

Activity: 595
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:09:44 AM

I think they are open about this...volume, price.. everything is artificial. But queston is can investor make money? Were people who bought one share for 1 USD able to sell now for 1.49?  

Do anyone know what is point of all of this? I remeber rather big brochure/white paper on how will Banx operate, But I still dont know what is it about, and what are they actually doing.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:16:11 AM

Whereas Ripple belongs at #2?  I guess you slept it on the day when coinmarketcap increased the listed available supply and manipulated their numbers.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=873067.0

This was a before and after.  Even the "before" was highly suspect, as that was counting Ripple Lab's premine which hasn't really been touched either.  In reality, the amount of Ripple being traded is less than 2% (2 billion) and based on that number Ripple's true position on coinmarketcap should #20-#25 ($1.8 million capitalization).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 08:19:19 AM

THIS COIN IS SCAM BEFORE C-CEX PUBLIC MARKET CAN TRADE  Grin

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:07:35 AM

Firstly, Banx Shares are not a coin.  I think its a share issue based on various Bitcoin related businesses using the blockchain as a ledger. I guess this in itself leads to a question why it is on coinmarketcap at all.

From what I can tell, all investors receive their dividends on a monthly basis although there have been some customer service issues in recent times that are being addressed.

Mark Lyford, the CEO, seems to be extremely open about the business model and mechanisms behind it.

I think you're going to have to come up with more evidence to prove this is a scam.  

I don't own any Banx Shares but have been following the project since before it publicly launched.

Finally, every single person who works for Banx is public about their identity. Why have you created a new account to make a scam accusation?  Seems strange to me.  Why not use your main BCT identity?
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 09:17:45 AM

Firstly, Banx Shares are not a coin.  I think its a share issue based on various Bitcoin related businesses using the blockchain as a ledger. I guess this in itself leads to a question why it is on coinmarketcap at all.

From what I can tell, all investors receive their dividends on a monthly basis although there have been some customer service issues in recent times that are being addressed.

Mark Lyford, the CEO, seems to be extremely open about the business model and mechanisms behind it.

I think you're going to have to come up with more evidence to prove this is a scam.  

I don't own any Banx Shares but have been following the project since before it publicly launched.

Finally, every single person who works for Banx is public about their identity. Why have you created a new account to make a scam accusation?  Seems strange to me.  Why not use your main BCT identity?

So it's not a coin, it's an unlicensed security.

Yet another red flag that should tell you to stay away.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 09:35:33 AM

There are so many useless coins that don't deserve to be at the top of coinmarketcap.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:25:41 AM

As far as I know, there is no requirement to have a licence to sell shares in your business in the UK.
MarkLyford

Activity: 455

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 12:42:12 PM

We believe in open communication and transparency which is why we are responding to this post.  Thank you for pointing out your concerns but, as we will demonstrate, the suspicions raised here are unfounded.  Our company is completely legitimate, as our significant number of backers will confirm, and we have consistently paid out monthly profits since November 2014.  We hope that any misunderstandings about our legitimacy can be thwarted by way of the following explanations:

We are currently still selling our shares to private investors and we do so at a dollar value rather than a bitcoin value.  So when the price of bitcoin changes, our share price changes. CMC list the price of coins as a bitcoin value and not a dollar value, which makes it look like our price is increasing on CMC but this is actually due to the price of bitcoin declining against the dollar. In addition to this CMC only list the shares that are in the public domain that are available to the public.

Like many companies, our activities on online platforms are limited to a select few.  We have chosen not to use Reddit very often, which we do not see as being any cause for concern.

We are only listed on our own exchange at the moment because no one else has started to list us whilst we are still in the ICO phase. We expect this will change in the future, but it is really up to third parties.  Our wallet is available for anyone to use and add to their exchange on github since our change over to POS.  Our shares were previously available on c-cex but users on their system were involved in a hack to our blockchain, which meant that they had to be moved over to our own exchange for security purposes.

Importantly, our business model is based on a fee-share, which our current investors receive monthly, and where the coin value lies. It might be an unconventional system, but it is no cause for such accusations, and our investors are certainly happy with it.

If anyone still has any concerns, please feel free to contact us directly and we will be happy to provide you with more information.

Mark Lyford
MarkLyford

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 12:45:30 PM

I appreciate your comments , especially the last one about setting up a new account
MarkLyford

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 12:46:59 PM

As far as I know, there is no requirement to have a licence to sell shares in your business in the UK.

For clarification we have never sold our crypto based banx shares to anyone publicly, hence the reason we are selling to private investors. All Banx for sale on exchanges are people selling their own shares.

many thanks
SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 02:43:49 PM

The coinmarketcap photo in the original post shows nearly 15,000$ of volume in 24 hours?  Where are they getting that number from?  There is clearly not that much Banx trading going on at banx.io, and that's it's only exchange at the moment.
poloskarted (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:09:09 PM

The coinmarketcap photo in the original post shows nearly 15,000$ of volume in 24 hours?  Where are they getting that number from?  There is clearly not that much Banx trading going on at banx.io, and that's it's only exchange at the moment.

As of right now there is 64 BTC  (or $ 15,876) in volume reported by CMC.
Apparently this project is worth 39,346 BTC (or $10 million USD), again as reported by CMC

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/banxshares/

Here is their exchange, with a single buy order
https://banx.io/trade?c=BANX&p=BTC

Here is the trade volume

https://www.banx.io/SimpleAPI?a=orderbook&c=BANX&p=BTC

mirror here (http://justpaste.it/ltf1)

The numbers clearly don't add up.
JackRipper

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:24:37 PM

We are only listed on our own exchange at the moment because no one else has started to list us whilst we are still in the ICO phase. We expect this will change in the future, but it is really up to third parties.

Since you're a security rather than a coin, you're going to find it difficult getting listed on an US exchanges such as Bittrex, Cryptsy, or Poloniex. They are not licensed to trade securities and would open themselves up to some serious legal problems if they listed you.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but many countries have similar securities laws as the U.S., so you may be facing an uphill battle.

Good luck.

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:05:56 AM

Does this coin have a distributed ledger?

Is anybody running a node?

What is the blocktime/size specs on this.  I think I missed the [ANN]thread

Its not a coin therefore mining specs are irrelevant.

Here is the ANN thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=813191.0

Read the prospectus if you want a full understanding of Banx http://banxcapital.s3.amazonaws.com/Banx_Capital_Prospectus.pdf

SockPuppetAccount

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 08:07:55 AM

As of right now there is 64 BTC  (or $ 15,876) in volume reported by CMC.
Apparently this project is worth 39,346 BTC (or $10 million USD), again as reported by CMC

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/banxshares/

Here is their exchange, with a single buy order
https://banx.io/trade?c=BANX&p=BTC

Here is the trade volume

https://www.banx.io/SimpleAPI?a=orderbook&c=BANX&p=BTC

mirror here (http://justpaste.it/ltf1)

The numbers clearly don't add up.

This is what matters, they are clearing faking trade data.  I think I am going to notify CMC that they should look closer at this one.
StanLarimer

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:16:13 PM

We need to be careful about crying "scam" all the time until we take the time to understand the underlying business models and what an issuer is trying to accomplish for her target customers.

We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto, and every innovative digital asset is not trying to be a payment coin.

That means you need to do your homework before you invest in anything.  And before you criticize it.

But that homework is much more than superficial arguments about Proof of Manhood or how decentralized something really is or whether the solution is "sufficiently cryptolitically correct", whatever that means.

Serious businesses are starting to enter the space with serious services they are offering to serious customers.

If a serious business is meeting the needs of serious customers then we do everybody a disservice by making the coinmarketcap ecosystem into a never-ending firing range for people who have no idea what they are criticizing or how to fairly evaluate it.

Keep it up and you'll kill off most of the innovation you are hoping to invest in.  That, or serious businesses will take their opportunities elsewhere.

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 05:51:01 PM

We need to be careful about crying "scam" all the time until we take the time to understand the underlying business models and what an issuer is trying to accomplish for her target customers.

Correct, Banxshares is most definitely not a scam.

Conducting business with Banxshares may currently require a level of human trust that is foreign to those of us accustomed to reserving our trust for immutable ledger blockchain-based businesses, however, I'm sure that you can trust that the good people behind Banxshares are not selling you a fractionally reserved product.  Exactly which part of their business is anchored by an immutable ledger is unclear at this point, however, I'm sure that they are planning on integrating Satoshi's invention into their accounting soon because why else would coinmarketcap publish their marketcap?

Ok, so diving through your sarcasm I think the best you can say is buyer beware just in case Banx doesn't deliver against its business plan.  Isn't that a risk with investing in anything?

Its not as if Banx is claiming to be something it isn't....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: