Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:06:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool Operators - PLEASE BAN & BLOCK GPUMAX getwork/proxy access to your pool  (Read 13575 times)
HDSolar

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 07:31:17 PM

My POV:

Pirate40 + GPUMax involvement or control = Trust?

Got sent an account access approval on the 9th when things were going to happen in the whole repayment farce and so checked it out but basically I am staying far away.

I would think we would want to promote more trusted ops then non-trusted ops but I get why some feel it should be left alone.

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
max in montreal

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 08:15:19 PM

This is a funny argument. It's not a question of trust. It is allowing a known scammer to make money. Graet, by allowing gpumax to connect to your pool, you are helping gpumax do its thing. If gpumax can do its thing pirate still profits.

ON THE OTHER HAND...If I had a pool, I would not change a thing, because like you, I am a little greedy and I would not want to see people leave my pool because they think gpumax is more valuable than my pool. there are many different pools to choose from, but only one gpumax.

The right thing to do would be to stop gpumax from using your pool to profit, even though this migh lower the members using your pool. BUT...if people that do not mine using gpumax see and agree that this is the honest thing to do, they might just join your pool...

On the other other hand...what is taking so long for someone to come up with something similar to gpumax?
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 10:22:00 PM

+1 I used GPUMAX and could trace some coins from BTCST wallets to GPUMAX payments.

This is simply a laundry for the pirate, make no mistake about that.

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2012, 10:26:28 PM

+1 I used GPUMAX and could trace some coins from BTCST wallets to GPUMAX payments.

This is simply a laundry for the pirate, make no mistake about that.

Only partially.  Basically, it could be a laundry for anyone.  You pay for your lease with dirty coins.  Your lease provides coins from the pool which are probably clean. 

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
nathanghart

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 10:50:39 PM

Here are some facts:
* Pirate owes a great deal of money and has defaulted.
* Pirate has not communicated a repayment plan since his first announcement that said it should take a week.
* Pirate is one of the original investors, founders and at one time a director in GPUMAX, LLC.

We are all free to make our own choices and that is great. It's fine if pool ops don't care whether they do business with someone who is an accused and suspected scammer.
What I can't seem to make sense of is that while they are hiding behind freedom of choice for their pool members, they are denying their own freedom of choice. Pool ops are smart people in general. I don't think they would purposely deny their freedom of choice.

They should just say, " I care more about making money than the community, or potential victims or a scam" than to use lame excuses like adults are free to do what they want or they don't have to take part.

It's not about the miners. It's about you pool op. What is your choice? Community or profit? Victims or self? Justice or Money?

I'd like to know so I can make mine when selecting a pool.

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 10:57:54 PM

Most pool operators wont agree to this because they are greedy. Helping to shut down an operation that pirate was involved in will cost them a few bucks.
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 12:45:07 AM

This obsession with everything related to Pirate is becoming both stupid and counterproductive.

Guys, it's time to move on.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
DonShrents (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 01:20:14 AM

This is beyond silly. Asking a community without walls to block access for a service that people willingly choose to feed is anti-Bitcoin.

If those same pool operators do and have in the past, blocked access by Botnets, then I don't see why they choose to remain on the fence this time.

By them choosing to do nothing, they are saying loud and clear that they passively support fraud that affects the community.

~DonShrents
DonShrents (OP)

Activity: 96

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 02:05:48 AM

Well, if this was a social experiment by Trendon Shavers to expose greed on nearly every level of Bitcoin, then he has succeeded.
Greedy Investors, Greedy Miners, Greedy Pool Operators.

It's now clear that the spirit of Bitcoin is, freedom to advance, whatever the cost and it clearly doesn't matter who it affects.
You can argue all day long that BTCST Investors were the worst, due to the size of their losses, yet everyone else seems to be fine to continue to be a part of this scam and justify their continued participation by the minimal size of what they continue to risk.

Great job people. You should all be proud.

~DonShrents
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 03:51:14 AM

Don,
what a crock of shit
Greedy people INVESTED in Pirates scheme and AS EXPECTED (by all the  non greedy people that advised against investing) they lost their money
so NOW everyone else is greedy because???
LMFAO
Only 1 pool operator makes a living from running a Bitcoin pool, I offered a fee free mining service for 14months before introducing fees when faced with closing the pool as I could not afford to subsidise it any more (I had hoped miners would contribute a little back to a service they liked - most did not)- does this makes me a greedy person? - or should I have mortgaged my house to continue subsidising miners?Huh?? would that make me non-greedy in your eyes?
It is easy to hide behind an anonymous nick and sling mud eh.
Once again some research and facts will strengthen your case or maybe even give you one....

Look I know you guys hate pirate, I don't know him well enough to like or dislike him
I did my due diligence and did not invest in ANY of his operation or passthrus - I do not now feel it is my duty to help people recover inadvisedly invested funds.
There are organisations with skills and resources to do this work, please contact them.

Has anyone commenced any legal proceedings? - seriously has anyone? or is this a lynch mob?
As I said previously if contacted by law enforcement I will comply if possible but vilification and lies on a forum are unlikely to get me to comply.

Talk to the miners that support GPUMAX, or the (very few) people purchasing leases on GPUMAX - they are the feeding GPUMAX money, attacking pool operators and spreading lies does nothing good for Bitcoin.
There are many ways to avoid poolside bans too, I do not have time or interest in playing IP whack-a-mole, some miners already mine direct on Ozcoin with most of their rigs but have them setup to move to GPUMAX on lease - my banning gpumax affects nothing here.

who is DonShrents anyway? google says its pirate
Is this person to be trusted and listened to?
Date Registered:   September 07, 2012, 12:32:15 PM
I see
Guess I should have looked at that before responding 1st time Cheesy

Best wishes
Graet
(for those interested my real name and business details are still listed in the 1st post of the Ozcoin thread)

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 03:57:15 AM

Now without any legal justification you are asking pool operators to block a Bitcoin business that has done nothing wrong apart from paying miners a few days late a couple of times and being associated with this Pirate fellow.

Um isn't that kinda minimalizing it.  Pirate owns GPUMAX, he always had.  He never hid that fact.  Not sure what "legal justification" has to do with it.   Pirate has no legal right to connect to your pool (private property).  You don't need any legal justification to tell a third party they can't connect to your server.  Do you require a court order to kick botnets from your pool?  I mean a pool is private property why hide behind a need for "legal justification"?

If you answer is no ... why not just say no. Pretending Pirate, the same guy who defrauded millions, doesn't own and profit from GPUMAX is kinda lame though.   I mean if nothing else the fact that he has absolutely no ethical standards should make people at least question if it is a good idea for a significant fraction of global hashing power to be in his (indirect) hands.  Right?

BTW: Never invested or lost anything in Pirate stupidly transparent ponzi scheme and have little symathy for those who did despite the overwhelming evidence that it would end exactly how it ended.  None of this has anything to do with getting funds back from victims or seeking vengance.  It is about pools not associating with a known scammer (possibly the biggest one in Bitcoin history).
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1063

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 04:02:53 AM

Which I think it a .... load.  So ozcoin supports suspected botnets?  trojan horse infected miners?  Does it wait for a court order signed by a judge before kicking malicious users.
Graet
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 04:38:41 AM

omg now lets really twist everyones words up

Has anyone reported this to relevant authorities anywhereHuh?
Are all these hurt people actually doing anything to recover their own funds? Or are they hoping everyone else will do it for them?

If not this thread has  no point
make up all the lies you want,

Just looks like people trying to shift responsibility.

DeathAndTaxes when you trade Bitcoins do you check whether they were mined with a botnet? or a GPUMAX account? check they have never been part of a theft or ponzi or anything or just accept them? I guess most of the people you trade with use anon nicks and sometimes hide behind proxies etc - are you sure you aren't associating with known scammers?
it is very easy on a pool with open signups to make a new account from a new IP for anyone with half a clue. I think I mentioned whack-a-mole before...and a lack of interest in wasting my time on it...

I will leave you a something to ponder on:
where is the "miners please stop mining on GPUMAX thread" and the "gamblers please stop purchasing leases at GPUMAX thread?" why is it pool ops responsibility?

his thread is pointless and I will leave now
Peace
Graet

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Minor

Activity: 85

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 06:28:51 AM

{ ... Something about GPUMAX ...}

Thank you for your time.

~DonShrents

Hey Matthew, I thought you said you were going away:

I will now leave how I came.

Did I miss your coming back party?

(If you have any doubt that DonShrents ==Matthew N. Wright, see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102918.msg1169904#msg1169904 )

Note that I don't mind Matthew sticking around, in fact I usually rather enjoy his posts, but wasn't the whole point of his bet that he would get a scammer tag if he lost and didn't pay?
His sock-puppets should also get the scammer tag otherwise it kinda defeats the purpose.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 06:46:33 AM

I was thinking about mining on Ozcoin, but I heard that they support scammers, fraud and illegal botnets....although I could be wrong. Perhaps I need some red oversized text to help get the point across to me  Roll Eyes

So basically what the Ozcoin OP is saying is, he will kick a botnet if it affects HIS pool's performance and HIS bottom line, but he will allow scammers and fraudsters to stay connected and access his pool although they have negatively affected an entire community ?

Please tell me that you are not part of a Neighborhood Watch program at home where you live, because I would feel sorry for the protection you were offering to your neighbors when they weren't at home to protect their own homes....lol

Let me think out loud (or in text) here for a minute:

Block GPUMAX access---->Force miners to connect directly to their pools, as no work gets passed through = Tons of hashing power able to be directed anywhere HE wishes, is taken out of the control of a known scammer and as D&T said, perhaps the biggest (paraphrase) Douchebag in Bitcoin history ?

Hey Graet. Imagine that you have a young wife and a young son. Your wife's Gynecologist (you know, pussy Doctor) is your son's baseball coach on the side and physically abuses your son, say, in a 'private' nature. Would you still allow him to work on your wife's private parts because 1 has nothing to do with the other ?

totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 06:55:21 AM

Hey Graet. Imagine that you have a young wife and a young son. Your wife's Gynecologist (you know, pussy Doctor) is your son's baseball coach on the side and physically abuses your son, say, in a 'private' nature. Would you still allow him to work on your wife's private parts because 1 has nothing to do with the other ?

lmao

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 07:00:11 AM

I was thinking about mining on Ozcoin, but I heard that they support scammers, fraud and illegal botnets....although I could be wrong. Perhaps I need some red oversized text to help get the point across to me  Roll Eyes

So basically what the Ozcoin OP is saying is, he will kick a botnet if it affects HIS pool's performance and HIS bottom line, but he will allow scammers and fraudsters to stay connected and access his pool although they have negatively affected an entire community ?

Please tell me that you are not part of a Neighborhood Watch program at home where you live, because I would feel sorry for the protection you were offering to your neighbors when they weren't at home to protect their own homes....lol

Let me think out loud (or in text) here for a minute:

Block GPUMAX access---->Force miners to connect directly to their pools, as no work gets passed through = Tons of hashing power able to be directed anywhere HE wishes, is taken out of the control of a known scammer and as D&T said, perhaps the biggest (paraphrase) Douchebag in Bitcoin history ?

why dont you leave bitcoin because it is used for scamming?
why do you use fiat - its also used by scammers?
do you want to grocery to not sell food to scammers?

if no: whats your point again?
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 07:25:02 AM

Don,
what a crock of shit
Greedy people INVESTED in Pirates scheme and AS EXPECTED (by all the  non greedy people that advised against investing) they lost their money
so NOW everyone else is greedy because???
LMFAO
Only 1 pool operator makes a living from running a Bitcoin pool, I offered a fee free mining service for 14months before introducing fees when faced with closing the pool as I could not afford to subsidise it any more (I had hoped miners would contribute a little back to a service they liked - most did not)- does this makes me a greedy person? - or should I have mortgaged my house to continue subsidising miners?Huh?? would that make me non-greedy in your eyes?
It is easy to hide behind an anonymous nick and sling mud eh.
Once again some research and facts will strengthen your case or maybe even give you one....

Look I know you guys hate pirate, I don't know him well enough to like or dislike him
I did my due diligence and did not invest in ANY of his operation or passthrus - I do not now feel it is my duty to help people recover inadvisedly invested funds.
There are organisations with skills and resources to do this work, please contact them.

Has anyone commenced any legal proceedings? - seriously has anyone? or is this a lynch mob?
As I said previously if contacted by law enforcement I will comply if possible but vilification and lies on a forum are unlikely to get me to comply.

Talk to the miners that support GPUMAX, or the (very few) people purchasing leases on GPUMAX - they are the feeding GPUMAX money, attacking pool operators and spreading lies does nothing good for Bitcoin.
There are many ways to avoid poolside bans too, I do not have time or interest in playing IP whack-a-mole, some miners already mine direct on Ozcoin with most of their rigs but have them setup to move to GPUMAX on lease - my banning gpumax affects nothing here.

who is DonShrents anyway? google says its pirate
Is this person to be trusted and listened to?
Date Registered:   September 07, 2012, 12:32:15 PM
I see
Guess I should have looked at that before responding 1st time Cheesy

Best wishes
Graet
(for those interested my real name and business details are still listed in the 1st post of the Ozcoin thread)

Nobody is denying people scammed by Pirate have a part of the responsibility for it. What DonShrents (newly created user/sockpuppet after the Pirate scam, obviously) is saying makes all the sense in the world.

We know Pirate is a scammer. You can ban his operation from your pool, and you don't need any justification to do so. It's simply your choice, nothing to do with the law or anything. Stop diverting the issue, you either choose to ban a known malicious user (nobody is asking you to do lengthy research in finding out who's malicious or not, they are just pointing you to one) or you choose to ignore the issue.

Again, nobody is saying this is a legal obligation. They are just asking pool operators to go ahead and help stop feeding scammers bitcoins a little bit.

Freedom also means freedom to suggest, organise and act. If you knowingly continue supporting GPUMAX indirectly, that's simply your choice. Don't make it a matter of not being legally forced to do it.

As for your question "has anyone reported this to relevant authorities anywhere?", apparently yes. Not that it matters in the slightest for the issue at hand.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 07:49:54 AM

How is this going to help you get your BTC and how little profit do you think GPUMAX generate ?

I support your cause but As a GPUMAX miner,,, Moving my miners to another pool = to much work, and at this time of low profitability, I do not even bother reviving dead rig within a week or so.

I promise to move elsewhere once I get my ASICs.

In the meanwhile,  The same could be said of anyone attending the London conference, or using Intersango exchange.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:07:32 AM

How is this going to help you get your BTC and how little profit do you think GPUMAX generate ?

I support your cause but As a GPUMAX miner,,, Moving my miners to another pool = to much work, and at this time of low profitability, I do not even bother reviving dead rig within a week or so.

I promise to move elsewhere once I get my ASICs.

In the meanwhile,  The same could be said of anyone attending the London conference, or using Intersango exchange.

It will help changing his attitude and that of his associates. I'd say it's a good idea (and I never put a single coin in any HYIP scam).

As for the London conference and Intersango, these belong to a radically different issue. One thing is a scam, the other was by the looks of it just criminal negligence. Since these people run a registered business that's fully responsible for all their operations, normal legal procedures apply. Don't look there for justification. Also, if you choose to boycott the London Conference that's also respectable, many have done so.

That's why it would be preferable to have pools banning GPUMAX miners, because there are too many lazy bastards out there who simply won't bother doing anything at all.  Tongue I'd rather turn my rig off to be honest, than to mine for Pirate. Especially if profitability is so low it's not worth even dedicating 5 minutes changing the miner's config.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: