Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:44:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust Building List - Ron Gross  (Read 6157 times)
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 10:26:54 AM

as soon as i read the first post talking about gaining trust, i thought. hmmm whats he going to sell me next.. a dozen posts later there it was..... insurance.
You'll notice that ripper234 only mentioned insurance after it was pointed out it was expected of him. I don't think monetization was the purpose of starting this thread, but even if it was - so what? Is it wrong to do business anymore?

I agree though that if in fact monetization was the purpose, it should have been clarified from the start.

show a list of who he trusts.. then suddenly gets a big idea of how to make money out of the idea.. but this time not a bank. but insurance........
As someone who has sold Bitcoin-related sureties and lost from it, I can tell you it's not as profitable as you seem to think.

As stochastic mentioned sureties are hardly a new thing so a priori there's no reason to bash someone just for offering it, any more than if he were to sell, say, apples. One difference is that the insurer himself needs to enjoy a great deal of trust, as if the worst happens he needs to be able and willing to pay up the entire insured amount.

I trust ripper234 and I say he's definitely good for an insurance of, say, 100 BTC - and I'd be willing to offer second-level surety (Oh noes! I offered a service!). But if he were to have a total insurance liability of 10000 BTC I wouldn't recommend insuring with him, wouldn't give 2nd-level insurance, and wouldn't trust him myself with more money. Not yet, anyway.

nice forum avatar of not a real face. along with the only other picture of you being in a skii mask only showing your eyes on your other links including your youtube.

you wont be in my circle of trust even if you do tweet about bitcoin in march 2011 to show you known about it longer then some others.

i trawled the internet and found other websites not listed on your links and found you have been removing pictures and replacing them all with your skii mask pic.
eg http://www.meetup.com/bitcoin-il/members/14443048/ there were 4 pictures.. but now just 2 one is a birthday cake and the other 3 are the skii mask. even your youtube is limited to the skii mask pic.

may i suggest if your even considering becoming a business requesting money in exchange for trust then do a inaba, gavin andersen thing and show your full face atleast.

answer me this Ron Gross what is your real isreali name?
Search harder.

He has a Facebook account. I have met him several times and can verify that the linked photo is of him. There are also videos online, e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zIbbA8GrL4&playnext=1&list=PLs2y5QtCoQ9q4738Rti3O8AqoJ_DhnNm4&feature=results_video (it's in Hebrew, and due to bad camera positioning he's invisible through most of it).

I cannot say I am 100% certain his real name is Ron Gross, but the sign on the door of his apartment includes the name "Ron", and I have some evidence his last name is Gross (which I will not currently disclose due to privacy concerns)

Of course, if you believe we have a secret agenda you have no reason to listen to us both saying we trust each other. But if you trust one of us you should trust the other - within reason.

you wont be in my circle of trust even if you do tweet about bitcoin in march 2011 to show you known about it longer then some others.
How about the volume of his high-quality activity on the forum and bitcoin.stackexchange?

Anyway, shunning him for no apparent reason is your loss.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 11:01:40 AM

im not shunning anyone i just see too much of pirates story line.

nothing wrong with doing a business but hopefully he atleast read some isreali laws on the matter.

and its not my loss at all. i have done well getting bitcoins and litecoins without his insurance, never been scammed yet. So there is no loss to me by not using his service.

i agree with the first part of the post about their needing to be a proper credit rating/reputation system for some people to go by. as the bitcoin -otc is flawed with people gaining rep by buying rep points at 1btc a time, making it not true rep. even btc-jam can get a 8/10 with false information.

a new, better and less flawed rating system is needed... that i agree on. even if i don't trade with individuals.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 12:59:20 PM

So there is no loss to me by not using his service.
I still think it's funny you refer to something he mentioned in passing after being called on it as "his service".

i agree with the first part of the post about their needing to be a proper credit rating/reputation system for some people to go by. as the bitcoin -otc is flawed with people gaining rep by buying rep points at 1btc a time, making it not true rep. even btc-jam can get a 8/10 with false information.

a new, better and less flawed rating system is needed... that i agree on. even if i don't trade with individuals.
I agree that bitcoin-otc WoT is powerless against true con artists. But the reason we don't have a proper rating system - not just in Bitcoin, but at all - is that doing such a thing is fundamentally hard. Even the rating system of established markets such as eBay is a joke (and even if you try to fix it in the obvious ways you still don't have something very good). You have to rely on approximations such as ripper234's list, read up on the person in question, and use your own judgement taking into account his total liabilities and the legitimacy of his offer.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: