Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:57:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New app PhotoBTC.com allow you to sell photos and illustrations for bitcoin.  (Read 1255 times)
snakegi (OP)

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 11:59:39 PM

PhotoBTC, a place where you can buy/sell your photos and illustrations for Bitcoin.

Advantages for the Buyers:
-No subscriptions
-No registration needed
-Buy only what you need

Advantages for the Sellers:
-Receives more royalties than conventional marketplaces
-Receives the sales in Bitcoin and can be withdrawn as soon as the transaction is confirmed
-No Exclusivity

Requirements (FOR SELLERS)
-Be at least 18 years of age
-Be the exclusive author of every file you upload
-Own or have authorization for all the rights to the elements represented in your files (e.g. products, people, property)
-You must register an account at useCryptos
-Your account must have been confirmed (by clicking the link included in the confirmation email)
-You must have sent your Full Name, Birth Date and Address in the verification area

Referrers receive 20% of the fees paid on the sales (part of useCryptos Affiliate Program).

https://twitter.com/photobtc
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3a801n/new_app_photobtccom_allow_you_to_sell_photos_and/

ammy009

Activity: 303

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 07:19:48 AM

I have just opened an account in usecryptos

RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 07:33:25 AM

Not sure where to post this as I see there is about 3 or 4 threads about this same site.....

Some suggestions:

1) Would it not be better to set the price of each item in say US$ when uploading it and then have that price displayed and updated in btc?

When I upload a photo I decide on a price, let's say $2.00. At today's rate that might be 0.01 btc.

Over the next week the price of bitcoin goes up with say 30% making the selling price of my photo now $2.60 which might be to expensive in my opinion. This results in me having to readjust all my prices. However, if the selling price was based off a fixed 'fiat' value no such adjustment will be required.

2) Display the selling price of each item in both bitcoin and fiat (US$)

I know this is a bitcoin driven site but in reality we all price items in fiat and so will the buyers who visit this site. Its far easier to determine the value of an item in say US$ than it is in bitcoin. Also saves me the hassle of pulling a calculator out each time so that I can work out what the actual dollar value of an item is.

We would all love to live in a bitcoin dominated world but reality is that we price items in fiat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: