Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:37:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The first Finnish Bitcoin portal Bittiraha.fi  (Read 3741 times)
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056

Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 01:39:12 PM

Finland is part of Scandinavia also goddamit! lol.

Anyway, we have a big site in the works which will be at http://www.bittiraha.fi. It's not much use to you unless you know Finnish but still.

Our forum is already up at https://forum.bittiraha.fi.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fimp

Activity: 304
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 03:04:35 PM

Congrats on opening a new site!

But actually, Finland is not part of Scandinavia by common convention. According to Wikipedia, Finland can be included by using the term "Fennoscandinavia".

Request

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 01:02:14 PM

Congrats on opening a new site!

But actually, Finland is not part of Scandinavia by common convention. According to Wikipedia, Finland can be included by using the term "Fennoscandinavia".

You're absolutely right. Still culturally and historically very same kind of area.

I think term "Nordic countries" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_countries) for example would be more appropriate board name than "Skandinavisk", or what do you think?
fimp

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 01:20:56 PM

You're absolutely right. Still culturally and historically very same kind of area.

I think term "Nordic countries" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_countries) for example would be more appropriate board name than "Skandinavisk", or what do you think?
The other language boards are not defined by area, country or culture but by language, so in that way it seems to make sense to keep it as Scandinavian. I don't care too much though, whatever people think is best.

Request

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 01:28:52 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2012, 02:22:02 PM by Request

The other language boards are not defined by area, country or culture but by language, so in that way it seems to make sense to keep it as Scandinavian. I don't care too much though, whatever people think is best.

Official languages in Finland are Finnish and Swedish, and every Finnish citizen has to learn Swedish in school (like it or not  Smiley). So from that view also language criteria is fulfilled.

Edit: I've heard that Scandinavian people can mainly understand each other by speaking their own languages - but yes, this certainly does not work for the Finnish language. Still, for example in Åland Islands and many other areas of Finland, the main language is Swedish. That's why my opinion is that "Nordic countries" would be more appropriate board name but in that case also Finnish language should be acceptable in this board area. It's not a big issue for me (and better board for this conversation may be the meta board), and if admins of bitcointalk.org decide to keep this board name as "Skandinavisk", the right board for this topic is "Others".
fimp

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 03:16:22 PM

If the board name is Skandinavisk, then it doesn't matter if you live in Sweden, Finland, or China, as long as your messages in here are in one of the Scandinavian languages.

Request

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2012, 03:40:33 PM

If the board name is Skandinavisk, then it doesn't matter if you live in Sweden, Finland, or China, as long as your messages in here are in one of the Scandinavian languages.

Correct. Summa summarum.
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2012, 04:51:08 PM

My bad, I didn't actually realize that Finland is not technically part of Scandinavia. But rather than remove Finland-related stuff from this board I'd suggest changing this category to "Nordic countries".

I only put this here in English because the board in general seems to use languages in the same language family as Swedish. Finnish is very different and can't be understood by Scandinavians.

In anycase I really do think that Finland deserves a bigger category than just "other" simply because Bitcoin interest is fairly high in Finland.

Denarium closing sale discounts now up to 43%! Check out our products from here!
kuverty

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 09, 2012, 07:37:37 PM

This is interesting, I've been waiting for a larger community to emerge here as there is interest. Thanks for the info. As for the question about the Scandinavian board, at least I came here for news about the Finnish situation and I would be in favor of a board that covers the Nordic area since I think the most interesting thing here is to see the situation in neighboring countries, and everyone is free to write in any language but I'd favor English since most understand it and I would be happy to learn about developements in e.g. Sweden, too - that info is more relevant to me than developements in USA, even though I like the fact Mezo Grilld accepts BTC I probably never go there. But if there was such a place in Stockholm, I'd like to know about it and visit it too.
Coinbets

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 11, 2012, 11:51:39 PM

Finland is part of Scandinavia also goddamit! lol.

Anyway, we have a big site in the works which will be at http://www.bittiraha.fi. It's not much use to you unless you know Finnish but still.

Our forum is already up at https://forum.bittiraha.fi.

Why do you write English if the site is in Finnish?  Wink
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2012, 06:03:52 PM

Why do you write English if the site is in Finnish?  Wink
I just felt uncomfortable doing that because there was no other Finnish threads. That's all. I'm fine with this either way I just want Finland to have a clear category, not just a thread/threads in the "other" section. Smiley

Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2012, 02:29:54 PM

The site is finally up!

https://bittiraha.fi

Lushylii

Activity: 49

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 09:47:09 AM

Fast service.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2012, 09:03:44 PM

@ OP: Can I buy bitcoins at your site as well (no not through any forum entanglement, I mean in a standardized way)?
Technomage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2012, 07:20:20 PM

@ OP: Can I buy bitcoins at your site as well (no not through any forum entanglement, I mean in a standardized way)?

Of course. We have a very smooth system these days and we've processed over a thousand orders. It's meant for Finnish people only and the site is in Finnish but technically we can process any SEPA order.

https://bittiraha.fi/content/bittipörssi-osta-ja-myy-bitcoineja

We have plans to expand with our services to Europe within 6 months. We'll be putting everything out there in at least some of the Scandinavian and Baltic languages and of course English. Our service is too good to limit ourselves to 6 million people.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: