Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:52:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Magnr - World's First Bitcoin Savings Account  (Read 4928 times)
Magnr (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 01:46:56 PM

FINANCIAL SECURITY
BitGo’s multisig security and 100% reserves keep your savings secure.

2.18% AER INTEREST RATE
Maximize your returns with a fixed promotional rate until 2016.

TRANSPARENCY
Verify the safety of your funds with Blockchain technology.

HOW IT WORKS
Magnr is brought to you by the same team behind BTC.sx, the world's most secure bitcoin trading platform. By diversifying our product range, we are now able to utilise revenue from our trading platform and reward those who wish to save with us. After the fixed introductory rate, a variable interest rate will be used. This rate will vary according to trading activity on BTC.sx. Click here to learn more.

https://i.imgur.com/r0mdwGO.png
Keeping your bitcoin safe is our top priority

We Have a Proven Track Record.
Our bitcoin trading platform, BTC.sx, is trusted by thousands
of traders and has brokered over $50 million in trading volume.

Magnr savings accounts are not just an innovation for Bitcoin. Our savings accounts are among the few worldwide to operate with full transparency.

Traditional banks operate with a fractional reserve. This is where a bank lends out more money in loans than it receives in deposits. Although this lets banks make higher profits, their savers risk not being able to withdraw their deposit.

100% RESERVES
All deposits are held in highly liquid assets. This means that for every one bitcoin that is deposited, we have at least one bitcoin available to be withdrawn.

HUMAN AUDITS
All withdrawals are overseen by a Magnr engineer to verify their authenticity. Any suspicious requests are investigated before approval.

MULTI SIG STORAGE
Your savings account is not protected by just one password. It is protected by three passwords and a hierarchical wallet structure.

The Magnr team has a proven track record

Our bitcoin trading platform, BTC.sx, is trusted by thousands of traders and has brokered over $50 million in trading volume.

Magnr is located in the heart of London, where financial trust meets technological innovation. The United Kingdom offers favourable regulation and a thriving FinTech industry. We see London, in particular, as a future Bitcoin hub.

https://magnr.com/images/Profile_JL_circle.png

Joe first discovered Bitcoin in 2011 and built his own trading bots turning an initial $100 investment into $200k. He then turned his attention to building trading infrastructure and BTC.sx was born. After gaining rapid traction, Joe left his investment banking job to focus on BTC.sx. Previously at: Macquire, Barclays Capital

https://magnr.com/images/Profile_CK_circle.png

Colin has a wealth of experience in the investment banking sector having served as Vice President at Deutsche Bank and UBS. His key focus on BTC.sx product development is to ensure the same level of quality found in the wider financial markets. Previously at: Deutsche Bank, UBS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:48:52 PM

*Audits

And you guys aren't the first savings service, there's already HaoBTC. How are you any different, and from where do you get the income to pay for the interest?
Magnr (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 01:53:02 PM

*Audits

And you guys aren't the first savings service, there's already HaoBTC. How are you any different, and from where do you get the income to pay for the interest?
As explained above, the interest comes from the trading platform. We differ from HaoBTC in that we provide 100% reserves, operate with no hot wallets and are UK-based.
s.mouse

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:13:38 PM

So you use the coins to trade and the profit from that pays the interest? Sounds like a bad idea if true.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 02:15:55 PM

So you use the coins to trade and the profit from that pays the interest? Sounds like a bad idea if true.
If I had to guess, I would guess that they use a portion of the fees, generated by the exchange, as interest.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Magnr (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 02:20:09 PM

Yes. As stated for the third time, the interest comes from the trading fees Cheesy
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 02:23:51 PM

Yes. As stated for the third time, the interest comes from the trading fees Cheesy
Well, it's not explicitly stated in the OP that you use trading fees, just that the interest rate differs based on the activity of your exchange, so I kinda get the confusion. It is explicitly stated on your website, but not everything reads that.

Anyway, this seems pretty cool and I might give it a shot.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Seal
Donator

Activity: 848
Merit: 1078

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 02:29:45 PM

Well, it's not explicitly stated in the OP that you use trading fees, just that the interest rate differs based on the activity of your exchange, so I kinda get the confusion. It is explicitly stated on your website, but not everything reads that.

Hi its Joe here, founder of BTC.sx.

Our intention is to make this as transparent as possible. On-blockchain calculations for deposit and interest calculations are part of the way we are doing this.

By offering this service our goal is to build more reputable financial services for Bitcoin. My hope is that this is just the beginning of a much wider movement.

DefiDive - Filter the noise
A clean crypto asset management terminal
starsoccer9
Legendary

Activity: 1630

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:17:04 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 10:31:20 PM by starsoccer9

What is the ETA on 2fa support? Just seems kinda dumb to me that I can login to my btc.sx account with 2fa but to login to my magnr account with the same password no 2fa is required

edit: also I have to ask what the logic is behind limiting interest to 10btc. Just anyone can create a second account with minimal effort needed.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 04:56:55 AM

MULTI SIG STORAGE
Your savings account is not protected by just one password. It is protected by three passwords and a hierarchical wallet structure.

this is very important. could you please elaborate?

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 07:47:44 AM

Our intention is to make this as transparent as possible. On-blockchain calculations for deposit and interest calculations are part of the way we are doing this.

By offering this service our goal is to build more reputable financial services for Bitcoin. My hope is that this is just the beginning of a much wider movement.

So what you're saying is that this isn't for profit, right? You're JUST doing this to help progress Bitcoin?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Magnr (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 10:17:48 AM

MULTI SIG STORAGE

Our Multisig technology is provided by Bitgo. We own a private key to sign transactions, another backup private key and then BitGo own the third private key. Based on customer feedback on Reddit, we hope to give users the option to own a private key down the road. The hierarchical wallet structure allows us to better manage our deposits by backing up the seed wallet to prevent other wallet backups being invalidated.

I hope this covers everything, but let us know if there any more specific questions that come to mind. 
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 10:56:05 AM

Keeping an eye on this service for journalistic purposes Smiley
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 12:57:05 PM

MULTI SIG STORAGE

Our Multisig technology is provided by Bitgo. We own a private key to sign transactions, another backup private key and then BitGo own the third private key. Based on customer feedback on Reddit, we hope to give users the option to own a private key down the road. The hierarchical wallet structure allows us to better manage our deposits by backing up the seed wallet to prevent other wallet backups being invalidated.

I hope this covers everything, but let us know if there any more specific questions that come to mind. 

great, thank you! if you find a solution to give users their private key I'm in!

tampazeus

Activity: 924

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:00:06 PM

Interesting. I'll be watching to see how this turns out. Could be a scam in the making. I hope not.
Magnr (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 01:23:51 PM

What is the ETA on 2fa support? Just seems kinda dumb to me that I can login to my btc.sx account with 2fa but to login to my magnr account with the same password no 2fa is required

edit: also I have to ask what the logic is behind limiting interest to 10btc. Just anyone can create a second account with minimal effort needed.
Unfortunately it is on our list of priorities but we haven't been able to have this ready in time for launch. We hope to have it ready as soon as a few other post-launch priorities have been deployed.

We will be implementing AML/KYC down the road - this will make it harder to run second accounts. For now, the 10 BTC limit is to ensure that we don't get flooded with too many Bitcoin. This is really just a very prudent precaution as we have no data to predict the likely demand for Magnr.
Magnr (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 01:54:16 PM

So what you're saying is that this isn't for profit, right? You're JUST doing this to help progress Bitcoin?
The benefits we gain from Magnr are increased publicity and awareness. We are currently considering various options to monetize Magnr in the future. Our business model ensures that for every one bitcoin deposited, at least one bitcoin can be withdrawn.
Magnr (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 02:13:22 PM

Keeping an eye on this service for journalistic purposes Smiley
Awesome! You can email me at josh.blatchford(at)mangr.com if you have further questions.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 02:56:03 PM

Interesting, I will deposit some bitcoins and give it a go.  Just wondering, has anyone in the UK actually been to their office location mentioned on the "Contact Us" page?

c/o Capco | 77-79 Great Eastern Street, London, EC2A 3HU, United Kingdom
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 03:13:21 PM

Capco seems to be a company that does a lot with banking and the like, but I can't find any references to Btc.Sx or Magnr on their website. Strange.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:37:28 PM

Unfortunately it is on our list of priorities but we haven't been able to have this ready in time for launch. We hope to have it ready as soon as a few other post-launch priorities have been deployed.

We will be implementing AML/KYC down the road - this will make it harder to run second accounts. For now, the 10 BTC limit is to ensure that we don't get flooded with too many Bitcoin. This is really just a very prudent precaution as we have no data to predict the likely demand for Magnr.
So AML/KYC will be required in the future for all withdrawals?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 03:53:12 PM

The benefits we gain from Magnr are increased publicity and awareness. We are currently considering various options to monetize Magnr in the future. Our business model ensures that for every one bitcoin deposited, at least one bitcoin can be withdrawn.

Got it. I do worry about losing BTC due to a hack, though (especially with just how many sites ARE being hit). Is there any special precaution that's being taken to keep this from happening? And is there any insurance on the deposits, in case something does happen?

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Seal
Donator

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 09:04:13 AM

Capco seems to be a company that does a lot with banking and the like, but I can't find any references to Btc.Sx or Magnr on their website. Strange.

They kindly have let us operate out of their space by their BoldRocket CEO.

We are open to visits if you email us in our support centre. Lets make this happen Smiley

*edit* the remit of BoldRocket is to revolutionise the banking industry. They are essentially the innovation arm of Capco.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 09:10:40 AM

They kindly have let us operate out of their space by their BoldRocket CEO.

We are open to visits if you email us in our support centre. Lets make this happen Smiley

*edit* the remit of BoldRocket is to revolutionise the banking industry. They are essentially the innovation arm of Capco.
Ah, I see. That explains everything, thank you. I would love to come visit, but the UK is a bit too far for me. Tongue

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Seal
Donator

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 09:18:05 AM

And here is what the account screen looks like.

Our stance is to rebuild financial services from the ground up. We've taken our collective experience from the field of banking and finance and want to make Bitcoin the #1 currency in the world.

The financial services and banking industry has never had a worse reputation. We hope to change that by speeding up the digital currency revolution.

London has been the global hub of financial services for decades. By being based here, we get access to both the traditional finance industry and leading regulators too (which we are hoping influence in a positive way).

If anyone else would like to visit us and share a morning coffee, you are more then welcome.

Please email us on support@btc.sx or PM me (or the user Magnr)

Magnr (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 03:00:51 PM

Join us in 2 hours for an 'Ask Me Anything' session at https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoin

We are also speaking on the Whaleclub team speak server in 9 hours. We will be answering all your questions about Magnr and our team.
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 03:19:32 PM

more questions: where can I change my password? where can I enable 2fa?

Seal
Donator

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 04:48:08 PM

That functionality is being pushed into production this week Smiley. (the underlying infrastructure already exists on BTC.sx, we are in the process of enabling it for Magnr.com)

favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 05:14:36 PM

That functionality is being pushed into production this week Smiley. (the underlying infrastructure already exists on BTC.sx, we are in the process of enabling it for Magnr.com)

and I noticed a 24 hours withdrawal delay. is there a plan to speed this process for smaller amounts?

monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 02:01:44 AM

Just pointing out a small bug (for me): If you fail login the first time on the login page, and the next time you enter the correct credentials, you won't be able to login as for the error message pops up: "ReCAPTCHA failed" or something like that.  The box for the captcha is still check marked. I have to refresh the page and reselect the box in order to log in.

Edit: Nevermind, it's working completely fine now...
Seal
Donator

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 11:30:20 AM

and I noticed a 24 hours withdrawal delay. is there a plan to speed this process for smaller amounts?

Hi favdesu,

Not at this stage. Our reason behind it is that firstly we do not want to run hot wallet infrastructure to maximise our security of client funds. Second to that we are keen not to promote the use of this investment service as a wallet. There are plenty of great wallet services out there and we would recommend our customers to treat the funds invested separate from a transactional balance and wallet. (much like you would in the fiat investment world)

favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 02:39:43 PM

Hi favdesu,

Not at this stage. Our reason behind it is that firstly we do not want to run hot wallet infrastructure to maximise our security of client funds. Second to that we are keen not to promote the use of this investment service as a wallet. There are plenty of great wallet services out there and we would recommend our customers to treat the funds invested separate from a transactional balance and wallet. (much like you would in the fiat investment world)

mh, makes sense. thanks for answering my questions

Seal
Donator

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 04:53:47 PM

June interest payments have been made for over 200 btc worth of Assets Under Management. Welcome to the new era of digital currency asset management Smiley

Bitcoin +1
Traditional Finance -1

starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:04:08 AM

Yes there are alot of login bugs currently, such as having to type a letter and then delete it, in order for it to see your password as correct, and the capcatcha thinking it isnt done
Scamc0p

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 05:45:19 AM

What does the daily interest rate work out to?
From the screen capture on $25 worth of btc he received $0.01 worth in 5 days.
After the promotion period ends, what will the interest rate be? Will it be variable or fixed as it is now at 2.18% until 2016?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 07:46:05 AM

What does the daily interest rate work out to?
From the screen capture on $25 worth of btc he received $0.01 worth in 5 days.
After the promotion period ends, what will the interest rate be? Will it be variable or fixed as it is now at 2.18% until 2016?

Daily interest rate would be 0.0216/365=0.000592%

Emerge
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 09:14:45 AM

They payout interest weekly though. Looking really good!
Seal
Donator

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 02:58:52 PM

They payout interest weekly though. Looking really good!

Our payouts are calculated daily but the payout is done monthly (usually on the last day of each month).

Seal
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 11:05:14 AM

Hello, so If i put 10BTC the first of the month what I will earn as interest at the end of the month ?
I put 10BTC the 1st january how I' will have the 31 of december with the 2.18% ?
Beceaus Im not sure with my calculs...
Thank you

Hi there armouretpaix, 2.18 is the annual equivalent rate, so each month you will receive roughly ~ 0.018167 BTC interest on a 10 BTC deposit.

Deposits are paid on a pro-rata basis as well from the first deposit. When you deposit mid-month, on 1st of next month, you will get paid interest for the number of days you had savings in your account.

rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:07:35 PM

Hello, thank you for your answer Seal.
So, not interesting for me, giving 10BTC to a website in order to win 0.218+BTC at the end of the year...not sure to see the advantage.

Even a poor/bad trader can win more by trading with only 1 BTC in one year on a trading platform and keeping his other btc safe in a personal coldwallet.

But still looking for "people point of view" ;
what are for you customers, the advantages to put 10BTC on the Magnr saving account ?
Thank you

I'm guessing the idea is: if they get more people to deposit btc it will give them more to trade/loan with, hence (if they trade/loan well) offer higher interest rates. If they are not loaning/trading the btc then I would be lost as to what they stand to gain.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Seal
Donator

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2015, 02:13:24 PM

Hello, thank you for your answer Seal.
So, not interesting for me, giving 10BTC to a website in order to win 0.218+BTC at the end of the year...not sure to see the advantage.

Even a poor/bad trader can win more by trading with only 1 BTC in one year on a trading platform and keeping his other btc safe in a personal coldwallet.

But still looking for "people point of view" ;
what are for you customers, the advantages to put 10BTC on the Magnr saving account ?
Thank you

I'm guessing the idea is: if they get more people to deposit btc it will give them more to trade/loan with, hence (if they trade/loan well) offer higher interest rates. If they are not loaning/trading the btc then I would be lost as to what they stand to gain.

Sure, for those that are investment smart and able to trade and guarantee returns, this may not be the product for you.

If you are sitting on a bunch of bitcoins and are not interested in the risks involved in trading them, then Magnr will give you a stable predictable rate of return for a lower risk. The closest analogy would be like a 'managed' bitfinex swap.

Seal
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 02:40:11 PM

August interest has been paid out.

Changes in September include increasing deposit limits from 10 BTC to 20 BTC.

+Bitcoin

Activity: 45

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 08:52:58 AM

I have trouble logging into my account. I can login, but I can't see my earnings. Any info on this?
Seal
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 02:21:44 PM

I have trouble logging into my account. I can login, but I can't see my earnings. Any info on this?

Thanks for letting us know +Bitcoin, this was reported by another user and fixed immediately.

The bug was caused by ongoing integration work as we begin merging btc.sx and magnr.com under one domain name.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:10:11 AM

Anyone happen to compare earnings on here with offering swaps on Bitfinex? Wondering how different they would be. I've been finding BFX to be volatile lately.

Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:12:58 AM

i tried this site a few months ago ,it seemed fine, but i had to leave because they barely paid anything. Sad
RGBKey

Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 03:08:44 AM

Why would anyone trust anything coming from a newbie account, much less trust literally anyone besides themselves with full control of their money.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:29:00 AM

Why would anyone trust anything coming from a newbie account, much less trust literally anyone besides themselves with full control of their money.

The same reason people trust exchanges... the reward is worth the risk.

Seal
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:53:28 PM

The same reason people trust exchanges... the reward is worth the risk.

Correct ranlo. I'm Joe, the founder of Magnr. Trust to us is more then a badge on this forum as we tend to notice a lot of trolling here which is unfortunate.

Trust for us is giving full and public visibility to everyone of all of our team members through their LinkedIn profiles. Trust is us using our real names, and real identities. We publicly display our incorporation details and office address on our site. If any forum members would like to come in and meet the team, then feel free to reach out to us directly (message us on our support email).

We also work with UK regulators and push for a positive regulatory stance here in the UK with agencies such as the FCA.

When individuals choose to deposit with us, yes, we will become a risk-counterparty to our client. It is important for everybody to understand this and it is something we do not hide. As with all things in finance there is risk everywhere, practically speaking I would ask every customer to do their own due-diligence on us as a company. For those comfortable with the risks involved in depositing with Magnr.com, then we aim to serve you to the best of our ability and thank you for the trust you place with us.

If you are uncomfortable with third parties controlling your coins, then a personal wallet where you can control your own private keys is your best bet.

mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:02:50 PM

Its interesting to know you guys pay interest with trade fee. It is good way to generate some additional income without risking your customers bitcoin in trade.
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 11:43:17 PM

Is it 2.18% monthly and fixed?

I might put some of me monies here.

edit, just got my answers in my e-mail.

I noticed this:

The e-mails says: The maximum amount you can earn interest on is 10 bitcoins but in the Magnr website states: interest can only be earned on a maximum of 20 BTC. Deposits greater than 20 BTC will only earn interest on 20 BTC.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 12:00:46 AM

Is it 2.18% monthly and fixed?

I might put some of me monies here.

edit, just got my answers in my e-mail.

I noticed this:

The e-mails says: The maximum amount you can earn interest on is 10 bitcoins but in the Magnr website states: interest can only be earned on a maximum of 20 BTC. Deposits greater than 20 BTC will only earn interest on 20 BTC.

It was just raised to 20 so probably hasn't been updated on the site yet.

monbux
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 01:31:15 AM

I'm not sure if I asked this before, but is there some sort of insurance/warranty for the coins we deposit?
Seal
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 08:55:05 AM

I'm not sure if I asked this before, but is there some sort of insurance/warranty for the coins we deposit?

Hey monbux.

Our storage partner BitGo provides a basic level of theft insurance, as detailed here:

https://www.bitgo.com/insurance

We currently do not provide additional insurance against default of our exchange partners but have limited measures in place to mitigate our client exposure to them. Please be aware of this.

Additionally, deposited funds are internally segregated by risk so that we are never taking more risks with our client holdings then we need to.

Hope that answers your question

aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 09:36:36 AM

Hey monbux.

Our storage partner BitGo provides a basic level of theft insurance, as detailed here:

We currently do not provide additional insurance against default of our exchange partners but have limited measures in place to mitigate our client exposure to them. Please be aware of this.

Additionally, deposited funds are internally segregated by risk so that we are never taking more risks with our client holdings then we need to.

You are telling that on the theft of bitcoin you have taken insurance, but what about trading loss occurs, when you are going to trade with our Bitcoins deposited and you occur loss then who is going to bear that loss. you have taken only theft insurance.

and you are clearly telling that you havent taken additional insurance against default of our exchange partners, it means that if the default is being done and you lose you deposit bitcoins then we(depositor) are going to suffer the loss.

Then the key of profit is also very less and high risk loss. vey bad idea. better to keep my bitcoins in my cold wallet and i will trade if i gain profit ok even if i do loss , atleast i will be satisfied that i have done wrong trading and lost the bitcoins, instead of crying on invested scam.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:55:51 AM

Hey monbux.

You are telling that on the theft of bitcoin you have taken insurance, but what about trading loss occurs, when you are going to trade with our Bitcoins deposited and you occur loss then who is going to bear that loss. you have taken only theft insurance.

and you are clearly telling that you havent taken additional insurance against default of our exchange partners, it means that if the default is being done and you lose you deposit bitcoins then we(depositor) are going to suffer the loss.

Then the key of profit is also very less and high risk loss. vey bad idea. better to keep my bitcoins in my cold wallet and i will trade if i gain profit ok even if i do loss , atleast i will be satisfied that i have done wrong trading and lost the bitcoins, instead of crying on invested scam.

They aren't trading using the bitcoins, so I don't get how they can lose coins through trading losses.

The defaulting scenario is a good question, though, and really, there are two failure points for that (Magnr itself and their partner).

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 11:00:19 AM

Site looks good, are there any positive or negative experiences so far? I consider to risk an little amount.
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 11:09:20 AM

Hmmm....Will check it out.  I'm currently shopping around for a place to invest my unused coin at very little, to zero, risk.  This site will be on my "to research more" list.
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 11:38:58 AM

Site looks good, are there any positive or negative experiences so far? I consider to risk an little amount.

From my experience withdrawal takes some time to to be released.
Seal
Donator

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 11:12:39 AM

From my experience withdrawal takes some time to to be released.

This is correct waterpile. Each and every withdrawal is subject to human audit to maximise security. Something we take very seriously.

nubbins7

Activity: 566
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 06:10:34 PM

Hi is this site still going? no post since last month.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 07:24:52 PM

I'm fairly sure it is!
nubbins7

Activity: 566

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 04:12:36 AM

Ok thanks.
Seal
Donator

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2015, 02:44:35 PM

I'm fairly sure it is!

Yes, we've been around for coming up to three years now with no intention of stopping! At Magnr we just wished Bitcoin adoption would go quicker already!

shefchenko17

Activity: 322

This mine is not mine! My mine is mine!

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:45:28 PM

I would rate their service as one of the top5 of the sites I've visited lately

There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 08:08:45 PM

I'm fairly sure it is!

Yes, we've been around for coming up to three years now with no intention of stopping! At Magnr we just wished Bitcoin adoption would go quicker already!

At this point you officially pay more than Bitfinex, too. Their swaps are down to ~1.5% APR if you're lucky (usually closer to 1% or less, due to waiting periods).

starsoccer9
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 10:27:17 PM

I would rate their service as one of the top5 of the sites I've visited lately

Not sure what website you are using. The Magnr I deal with is buggy, doesnt let me login half the time, and when it does it shows me all the variables text for my account rather then useful info
UnknownUsername

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2015, 07:06:28 AM

I cant login, I always get a login failure because I get a message of "session expired", please relogin but when I do.. I get the same message..
petget

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 08:12:49 AM

http://companydb.uk/10232951-magnr-ltd#.V44izxJGQyY

Magnr Ltd is a Private Company Limited by Shares first registered on 15 June 2016.
Company Registration Number: 10232951 - not 08849225 on their site.

Financial Summary
No financial data available

Previous Names
No previous names

http://companydb.uk/handlers/filing.php?doc=MzE1MDczMDI4MmFkaXF6a2N4&reg=10232951
Statement of Capital
Shares 100 x 0,01 GBP
Aggregate Nominal Value 1.00 GBP

Company Number 08849225 is Coins.sx Ltd. on same adress. Same guys Joe Lee and Kwok Man.
Who holds domain MAGNR.COM it's not clear.
btcforall777

Activity: 235

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 04:16:55 PM

My accounting never matches Magnr. Always in their favor up to 10% discrpeancy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: