Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:41:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is A Social Justice Warrior (SJW)?  (Read 43284 times)
Pumpnanddumpn

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:32:53 AM

Someone who thinks that a persons worth is the degree to which they are victims.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Upliketitanic44

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:33:17 AM

A well-intentioned, good-natured individual whose total conviction that their beliefs are morally infallible has misguided them towards extremism.
robbylove

Activity: 420
Merit: 31

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 05:49:21 PM

SJW Backlash Against Google Staffer: ‘I Would Beat The Shit Out Of Him’

Left-wing backlash against the Google employee who published a manifesto calling for more ideological tolerance at the company intensified this evening, as SJWs inside and outside Google sought to contain political dissent at the company.

The Googler’s 10-page manifesto criticized the company for maintaining an atmosphere of political groupthink, in which employees with viewpoints that challenge leftist narratives are forced to keep their mouths shut for fear of losing their jobs. He also criticized Google for ignoring the latest research on gender differences and their interplay with the lack of women in STEM jobs.

The allegations of political intolerance come shortly after YouTube, a Google-owned platform, announced they would manipulate search results, artificially promote socially progressive videos, and censor non-rulebreaking content that is considered “potential hate speech.” The company is also partnering with the ADL and other left-wing organizations to identify “hate speech” on the platform.

His main thesis — that political dissenters at Google face severe threats to their career — was immediately confirmed by the backlash against him, which included threats to his job and at least one threat of violence.

One social media SJW, Emily Gorcenski, said she would “beat the sh*t” out of the Google employee. Gorcenski also frequently retweets It’s Going Down, a news site that regularly supports the actions of violent “antifa” activists.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/08/07/sjw-backlash-against-google-staffer-i-would-beat-the-sht-out-of-him/

@wilikon: minds.com - gab.com - dissenter.com
jakezyrus00

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:33:51 PM

"Social justice warrior" is a term used to describe someone who is purposely looking to be offended by something, or who wants to make an issue where none exists.
Someone who legitimately cares about (and is properly informed about) social issues is not referred to as a warrior, but instead as perhaps an "advocate," "activist," or "concerned citizen." The term warrior is more aggressive, and is used to someone who relentlessly pursues a false agenda. Most SJWs don't even actually care about the issues they bring up, but rather are trying to get social attention for being "progressive."
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:09:26 PM

People who cry about cultural appropriation but give zero fucks for women being splashed in the face with acid in Pakistan.

... Or defending lgbt rights....... but look the other way when homos are thrown down from tall buildings then stoned to double death.

This is when I realized the gay lobby only cares about rich gay people in rich nations. 

Not one comment. Beyond sad. Well at least some gays realized that and went to fight, but they are on their own.

robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 04:54:55 PM

Researcher Dismisses Science ‘Conducted Primarily By White Men’

A physics researcher at the University of Washington says the controversial Google memo is just the latest example of “shoddy science” that is “conducted primarily by white men.”

“It’s 2017, and to some extent scientific literature still supports a patriarchal view that ranks a man’s intellect above a woman’s,” physics Research Associate Dr. Chanda Prescod-Weinstein complained in a Slate op-ed last week, written in response to the memo in which former Google employee James Damore criticized the company’s efforts to effect gender diversity.

“Science has often made its living from encoding and justifying bias.”

Specifically, Prescod-Weinstein takes issue with the contention—related to her by a “well-known scientist”—that “the Google memo failed to constitute hostile behavior because it cited peer-reviewed articles that suggest women have different brains,” arguing that “peer-reviewed” is not synonymous with “correct.”

Prescod-Weinstein asserts that, rather than placing value in the contents of peer-reviewed scientific articles, we should recognize that “science has often made its living from encoding and justifying bias” and is “conducted primarily by white men.”

Noting that Thomas Jefferson once wrote that black people were “inferior to the whites in the endowments of body and mind,” for instance, she contends that “rather than being much of a scientist, he was a biased white supremacist who hid behind science as a shield.”

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9585

--------------------------
Leftist dog eats leftist dog

dippididodaday

Activity: 441
Merit: 278

It's personal

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 07:45:17 PM

I have seen in this life, in the final instance, a person stands for himself, by default - but what makes life spectacularly beautiful, is when common ground can be sought, identified, respected and cultivated.
penguinlols

Activity: 54
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:04:03 PM

Has the definition of a sjw developed since the creation of this topic? It certainly felt like there was less awareness of the phenomena even just a short time ago.
mellorbo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:00:52 PM

There's no such thing as social justice.
Social justice is the view that everyone deserves equal economic, political and social rights and opportunities. Social workers aim to open the doors of access and opportunity for everyone, particularly those in greatest need.

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Social_justice

Explain why social justice doesnt exist? They dont necessarily believe all they say or others they are fighting on behalf of.  They typically repeat points from whoever is the most popular blogger the moment, to get SJ points and become popular too. They are very sure to adopt stances that are "correct" in their social circle.

robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:31:48 PM

Has the definition of a sjw developed since the creation of this topic? It certainly felt like there was less awareness of the phenomena even just a short time ago.

Type "sjw" on youtube. It is getting worse, taking over google, etc...

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:11:11 AM

Forgive me for being slow. Are you Wilikon? Not getting on you about alts, just confused a bit.

Carry on.
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 02:00:28 PM

Forgive me for being slow. Are you Wilikon? Not getting on you about alts, just confused a bit.

Carry on.

I was confused myself when the old account was banned a year ago or so, thinking I was following all the rules. Apparently not, not sure why really. I can't prove who I am, obviously. I don't believe in alt accounts, or spamming forums with multiple new threads every week.

No need for my forgiveness. You are not slow as I read your replies. I cherish the time anyone (but pedophiles) spends replying to any of my threads, no matter their motivations. If it was not for the bitcoin's creator...

Are you still confused about who I am?

Smiley

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:14:49 PM

Carry on.

I was confused myself when the old account was banned a year ago or so, thinking I was following all the rules. Apparently not, not sure why really. I can't prove who I am, obviously. I don't believe in alt accounts, or spamming forums with multiple new threads every week.

No need for my forgiveness. You are not slow as I read your replies. I cherish the time anyone (but pedophiles) spends replying to any of my threads, no matter their motivations. If it was not for the bitcoin's creator...

Smiley

i understand now. Yours is a great mind. We do not agree, but I have long respected your rhetoric, and your ability to defend your rhetoric cogently. We all play the same game; I pay heed to those that are old hands at this.

You can sit with us Smiley we would have a lot to discuss, LMAO, but dammit, you can sit with us.

robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:54:09 PM

Carry on.

Smiley

i understand now. Yours is a great mind. We do not agree, but I have long respected your rhetoric, and your ability to defend your rhetoric cogently. We all play the same game; I pay heed to those that are old hands at this.

You can sit with us Smiley we would have a lot to discuss, LMAO, but dammit, you can sit with us.

If the Earth was to be hit by a killer asteroid I would invite you, you and your family in my Moon base Mansion, built with my bitcoins, No problem...

Smiley

robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 06:57:56 PM

A "Fat Sex Therapist" recently gave a talk at St. Olaf College in Minnesota, in which she compared personal trainers to Nazis.
She further compared a parent putting a child on a diet to sexual assault.

"Tonight we're gonna start by talking about how to politicize our definition of body image,” Rashatwar began, “because oftentimes we actually get stuck thinking of it from a white supremacist lense.” She explained how “white supremacy happens every day in all these little little things."

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=12142

------------------------------------------------------------
I need to reset my eyes... I'll Be right back...

https://youtu.be/L_fCqg92qks

Trifixion713

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 07:31:43 PM

A "Fat Sex Therapist" recently gave a talk at St. Olaf College in Minnesota, in which she compared personal trainers to Nazis.

"Tonight we're gonna start by talking about how to politicize our definition of body image,” Rashatwar began, “because oftentimes we actually get stuck thinking of it from a white supremacist lense.” She explained how “white supremacy happens every day in all these little little things."

I have no words.

Thanks for posting the video at the end of your post, eye bleach couldn't wash that wretched image of that "therapist" from my mind  hahaha
robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 24, 2019, 07:35:25 PM

----

I have no words.

Thanks for posting the video at the end of your post, eye bleach couldn't wash that wretched image of that "therapist" from my mind  hahaha

You're welcome.

robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 09, 2019, 09:30:39 PM

Report: Microsoft To Release Version Of Word That Makes Language “Politically Correct”

Microsoft has launched new software to suggest edits to writing that are politically correct. The US technology giant has included the new feature in its latest version of Word, the popular word processing software.

It will apply artificial intelligence to recommend users to write in a way that does not discriminate against a particular gender.

Users of the new Microsoft Word feature could see suggestions to change “policeman” to “police officer”, for example.

The software will also use AI to recommend  synonyms and ways to shorten sentences to ensure brevity.

“Writing requires a dash of uniquely human creativity. Artificial intelligence alone cannot do it for us, at least not very well. But AI can – and already is – helping us do things like make sure we spell words correctly and use correct grammar,” the company said in a blogpost.

"As the AI in these products is becoming more sophisticated, they are helping us do more than spot a misspelled word."

Microsoft’s rivals have made similar moves after the company first brought its Ideas feature to PowerPoint last year. Google announced in February an AI writing tool to “incorporate the complexity and nuances of grammar correction”.

A trial version of Ideas will be rolled out in June but will be made available to a wider audience in the autumn. The service will initially be implemented across Word Online, a cloud-based version of the Microsoft product and will ensure users can smooth out clunky sentences and improve readability.

Microsoft’s push for gender inclusivity comes amid a wider movement in different sectors to ensure greater care in ensuring the language being used is gender neutral.

Last month, it emerged that Britain’s National Maritime Museum has started to refer to ships with the pronoun “it”, after centuries of boats being characterised as “she” or “her”.

The move sparked fierce criticism from retired naval chief Admiral Lord West, who claimed it was an example of “political correctness gone mad”.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2019/05/07/microsoft-word-will-change-words-gender-inclusive/

robbylove

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 05:39:46 PM

"I just moved it"

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
May 16, 2019, 01:51:26 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2019, 02:09:56 AM by Spendulus

----

I have no words.

Thanks for posting the video at the end of your post, eye bleach couldn't wash that wretched image of that "therapist" from my mind  hahaha

You're welcome.

May I suggest that this matter has been handled in one of our essential educational and instructional videos, entitled "Office Space"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp7EUUVdrt0

Somewhat related....let's bring back free speech, and not just on campus.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: