Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:12:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: should i move my ''saving'' to Bitcoin?  (Read 7356 times)
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 11:47:29 AM

The best question you should ask yourself is whether if you end up losing all the money, would that cause a major setback that will greatly impact your life and the way on how you do things? If the answer is yes, then you shouldn't go ahead to take the risk. If answer is no, then by all means you should start to develop your investment plan.

Anirban Sarkar

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 12:49:21 PM

well... I would like to make a short term invest with bitcoin...!!!
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 12:55:07 PM

No, you should not move your savings into bitcoin. That is very risky.
Instead start budgeting differently and take the money you save every month and put that into bitcoin. Still continue to put the normal amount you would into your regular savings account. Your bitcoin savings should be completely separate.

amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:06:57 PM

Instead start budgeting differently and take the money you save every month and put that into bitcoin. Still continue to put the normal amount you would into your regular savings account. Your bitcoin savings should be completely separate.

i totally disagree with you and i don't think it can be risky to move savings into bticoin and holds for long term like the sayings he can hold up to 5 years, if you take a deeply look over recent development and changes into bitcoin growth than you can know  how much bigger adoption has gotten and now much big investors are in into that great revolutionary most advanced crypto currency. 
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:14:31 PM

I can't agree on you. Actually put some saving into bitcoin is not bad at all. Around 10-20% of your saving is not a bad idea too since bitcoin price is on up trending, it is worth to stock from now. Compare to your fiat I guess the value growing in bitcoin is better than fiat thats why people are doing in this investment rather than keep your fiat to some bank with low interest in it
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:41:26 PM

Just go for it! I think that potential increase in value is much higher than in your stocks. On the other hand the risk you will lose everything is higher as well, but you did say that you don't care if you lose this money so in that case, you can only win. I hope I did make some sense.. Smiley
Sakarias-Corporation (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Call me Alice. just Alice.

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 07:48:42 PM

Bought another one today Smiley also managed to trade myself 0.2 with the single BTC i bought. things are looking bright Smiley
Thanks for all comments Smiley its very interesting to see all your opinions ! i'm still thinking of using the rest !

ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:50:34 PM

No dont invest your savings in a thing where you can lose money.

Go for example to a signature campaign, or look what you can do to earn some bitcoins.
But what happen when you need your savings quickly? Than you sell your bitcoins and when the price go to 200 Dollar in the next month, than you lost money.

Only invest so much that i you can lose without problem.

You say you will hold it for at least 5 years, but when you invest all your invests you will look everyday at the price, and when it go down you will sell your bitcoins, because you will fear to lose money.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:57:22 PM

you can't loose "something" on the Bitcoin Network.

price fluctuate ... but when the halving append, well ...  Grin People see what it's happend in a planned mathematic heaven.

Not a big deal when you have stack money on bank account ... people don't understand what is bitcoins compared to tresor bunds or forex system.

People loose real money on bunds and forex orders ...
They loose nothing with gold, diamants or ... bitcoins.
Payens

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:02:43 PM

i have 15% from my money in bitcoin, surelly i will not put 100% here.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:06:59 PM

90% in Bitcoin (Life economies)
5% in Cash (safety, accident)
5% at the Bank (automated invoice like internet, phone, insurance ... no CHOICE !)

When a system is good, build by people with no money ... and with a long time to test and use ... things don't happend per hazard, sometime.
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:14:37 PM

No dont invest your savings in a thing where you can lose money.

Go for example to a signature campaign, or look what you can do to earn some bitcoins.
But what happen when you need your savings quickly? Than you sell your bitcoins and when the price go to 200 Dollar in the next month, than you lost money.

Only invest so much that i you can lose without problem.

You say you will hold it for at least 5 years, but when you invest all your invests you will look everyday at the price, and when it go down you will sell your bitcoins, because you will fear to lose money.

Only weak hands sell at the first sign of a price drop.  I started buying at $500 and I haven't sold anything yet.
M28MmickT

Activity: 433

BTG CEO

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:19:09 PM

Yes mate. put it all into bitcoin. bitcoin is the future of the world and maybe even other worlds.
get some before they are 900 euros again.

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 11:56:36 PM

I can't agree on you. Actually put some saving into bitcoin is not bad at all. Around 10-20% of your saving is not a bad idea too since bitcoin price is on up trending, it is worth to stock from now. Compare to your fiat I guess the value growing in bitcoin is better than fiat thats why people are doing in this investment rather than keep your fiat to some bank with low interest in it

i totally disagree with you and i don't think it can be risky to move savings into bticoin and holds for long term like the sayings he can hold up to 5 years, if you take a deeply look over recent development and changes into bitcoin growth than you can know  how much bigger adoption has gotten and now much big investors are in into that great revolutionary most advanced crypto currency. 

Wow, looks like we have some risk takers in the crowd. It all comes down to personal opinion in the end. To me, moving ones savings into bitcoin assuming bitcoin will be a future success is irresponsible money management. Perhaps I'm less wealthy than you guys, but I can not afford to lose my savings account. One could counter and say leaving your money in a fiat centrally owned bank is risky and irresponsible, so again in the end comes down to personal opinion. Currently my opinion is my savings is safer in a centrally owned fiat bank... wow I think I just lost a part of my soul typing that last line  Cheesy

Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:45:27 AM

Bottom line is in 10-20 years do you want to be one of those guys saying "ya I knew of bitcoin back then but I was to scared to buy a significant amount."
bitsat alien

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 03:45:37 PM

A public forum is a horrible place to get information when you are trying to determine where to put your money.
With that being said I think that bitcoin will succeed over the long term and that the price will increase over the long term.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 03:48:58 PM

educate yourself, decide by yourself and bear own responsibility. asking for financial advices of internet is not super cool idea at all:)

anyway you are on bitcointalk forum, so YES, save some portion to bitcoin and HODL until you can..
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:08:58 PM

Wow, looks like we have some risk takers in the crowd. It all comes down to personal opinion in the end. To me, moving ones savings into bitcoin assuming bitcoin will be a future success is irresponsible money management. Perhaps I'm less wealthy than you guys, but I can not afford to lose my savings account. One could counter and say leaving your money in a fiat centrally owned bank is risky and irresponsible, so again in the end comes down to personal opinion. Currently my opinion is my savings is safer in a centrally owned fiat bank... wow I think I just lost a part of my soul typing that last line  Cheesy

Everything in this life need some risk to get so it is possible that only risk some few of your fiat wont make you going crazy. This is not about wealthy or not, this is only getting a good investment, I didnt say that to put all of your saving into bitcoin but some around 10-15% only. I guess this is not much as long as you get a good job out there. This investment is a good to make, why I say so because there is still chance that bitcoin price will rise again as $1200 like in 2010. With risk a little of your fiat you will have a chance to get more than you invest so why are you scare to try it?
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:25:47 PM

I think bitcoin is safest investment as i am also holding some of my coins as a future investment, i believe in that the price will go high again in near future 5 years is so long period and much hard to predict the exact price of bitcoin but in next year the price can be more than double as the current.
Clint

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 01:59:33 AM

No, btc is in a stage right now, where it can not be proven to be a reliable investment for us to invest in. You can move some, but I don't recommend you to move all of it. Who knows? No one can predict the absolute future of btc, all speculations. Good luck on what you do though.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: