Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:34:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is fine, that staff member is whoring for BTC and promoting scam?
YES, very cool, I like it - 9 (19.6%)
NO, remove him from default trust list - 37 (80.4%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Staff member dserrano5 promoting scam - should he remain with default trust?  (Read 4166 times)
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:16:26 PM

you should give him a negative trust rating yourself.

give negative trust rating to staff member with 1level DT? sorry, don't wanna to ruin my acc here..

edit: omg, I just realized, how this trust system is sick.

I never realized it until now, but you're right. This trust system is sick.

The trust system is good, just has some small flaws. For instance, there should not be a *default list*. Let members make their own; or share their trust lists.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vgo
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:08:42 PM

Exactly the same for you. You both are killing spanish subforum.
Offtopic.  Kiss
... says the Staff Member for the Spanish section shilling for Primedice in his sig.

Another scam??... it´s posible. Roll Eyes

Exactly the same for you. You both are killing spanish subforum.

Offtopic.  Kiss

Your favorite word to close a thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=705523.0    Kiss Kiss

Please don't post zero value posts. You know the rules. Please follow them.

Your interpretation??  Ok, sorry. 
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:13:32 PM

Oh! he Spanish?!?

In that case all is forgiven Cheesy

Just kidding! I have a few good Spanish friends.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
entertainment

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 09:16:33 PM

I think it is quite clear with the last intervention of @vgo why the people complain of moderation in the spanish subforum. This kind of arrogant comments is the norm in the subforum.

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 09:18:32 PM

I think it is quite clear with the last intervention of @vgo why the people complain of moderation in the spanish subforum. This kind of arrogant comments is the norm in the subforum.
Once again, if you have a problem with the way dserrano5, vgo or any other moderator moderate, please create a thread about it or send a PM about it (with solid proof) to theymos and BadBear. It's off-topic in here.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:25:42 PM

Once again, if you have a problem with the way dserrano5, vgo or any other moderator moderate, please create a thread about it or send a PM about it (with solid proof) to theymos and BadBear. It's off-topic in here.
So move this to Scam Accusations if you feel this is not appropriate discussion here.

This is completely relevant in a Meta discussion.

Look, the issue is one of Staff members failing to recuse themselves from profiting due to their elevated status (read: Staff) on these forums.

It should go without saying that Staff members of these forums should try to maintain an air of neutrality or objectivity - Not profit from signature or advertising campaigns. If you can't see this yourself, I contend your moral compass is broken.

It sends a message that corruption is OK on these forums.

Actually, now that I've said that out loud... it's starting to make a whole lot of sense considering the history of these forums.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 09:31:16 PM

I dont see a reason for a big disussion here though. dserrano5 is basically saying: "Im doing nothing wrong", so just remove him from your trust list
Code:
~dserrano5
That's not the same.
Removing him from your trust list like this will only make you ignore his trust feedback for others and ignore his respective trust list, both of which might still be valuable for you.
If you specifically no longer trust him personally for what he's doing, and/or you want to warn others about his behavior, you should give him a negative trust rating yourself.

If two on DT level 1 do it, they are essentially gone from DT as this propagates through the trust network as well as adding someone to the list. Or is it one on the same level and two on a level below? Im not entirely sure on the numbers, but IIRC thats how TECSHARE was removed.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:35:08 PM

I dont see a reason for a big disussion here though. dserrano5 is basically saying: "Im doing nothing wrong", so just remove him from your trust list
Code:
~dserrano5
That's not the same.
Removing him from your trust list like this will only make you ignore his trust feedback for others and ignore his respective trust list, both of which might still be valuable for you.
If you specifically no longer trust him personally for what he's doing, and/or you want to warn others about his behavior, you should give him a negative trust rating yourself.

If two on DT level 1 do it, they are essentially gone from DT as this propagates through the trust network as well as adding someone to the list.
That is not true. He would still be on level 1 default trust. You can only have an impact on other's trust network if you are on a lower depth level then the person you are excluding.

For example, you are on level 2, so two people on level 1 would need to exclude you in order for you to be off of default trust, if two people from level 2 excluded you then nothing would happen (except for people who are using custom trust lists).

In order for him to be off of default trust, he would need to be removed by theymos
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 09:35:12 PM

So move this to Scam Accusations if you feel this is not appropriate discussion here.

This is completely relevant in a Meta discussion.

Look, the issue is one of Staff members failing to recuse themselves from profiting due to their elevated status (read: Staff) on these forums.

It should go without saying that Staff members of these forums should try to maintain an air of neutrality or objectivity - Not profit from signature or advertising campaigns. If you can't see this yourself, I contend your moral compass is broken.

It sends a message that corruption is OK on these forums.

Actually, now that I've said that out loud... it's starting to make a whole lot of sense considering the history of these forums.
Yes, it's fits into the Meta section, but it is not relevant to the subject of this thread. This is about dserrano5 wearing a signature and avatar for a website that may or may not be a scam (my personal opinion does not matter in this context), not about dserrano5's and vgo's moderating skills. If you discuss their moderation skills, it's off-topic and should be done somewhere else.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:38:42 PM

There's no burden at all. It's right there as your avatar.

The text under the avatar is a strict requirement of the campaign. In no way it proves I'm an accomplice or a customer of mirjangka. Also, your usage of "shill" again later in the thread signals that you use the word pretty lightly.

I haven't read through the entire discussion but I think that he shouldn't be advertising it for one main reason. All people who are new to investing and cloudmining may see that a staff member here has its avatar or signature . Most of the times they would likely not doubt it and without doing any research might just invest in it. This also happened in the past with a dice site where people invested because some trusted member had its signature. But ultimately the site went down and had scammed.

Ok, this has been brought again. I guess that by disagreeing with that line of thought, a compelling case can be made that I'm facilitating clueless people to be allegedly scammed out of their money. I can perfectly sleep in a parallel universe where theymos, at his sole discretion, removes my entry from DT. I can, and will, perfectly sleep in this universe in which I've received at least a negative feedback (last I checked). I can perfectly sleep in, probably, this universe where several members have added "~dserrano5" to their personal trust lists—that's their call after all. But it would take me some additional minutes to sleep thinking that I could have been the stepping stone upon which someone could have made a wrong decision. They're probably going to make a bad decision anyway based on the perceived trustworthiness of someone else, and they will appropriately learn the lesson, but at least I wouldn't be involved in the negative aspect of that.

In clear blunt words: suckers gonna suck. It's one more of those sad realities of this world. Thanks cryptodevil, erpbridge and others earlier in the thread for making me realise that.

My following immediate steps, provided that my internet connection doesn't fail precisely now Smiley, will be to restore my previous avatar and to publicly contact mirjangka to give him back his payment.

Last but not least, I want to add that I haven't been contacted by the admins regarding this.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:42:44 PM

There's no burden at all. It's right there as your avatar.
The text under the avatar is a strict requirement of the campaign. In no way it proves I'm an accomplice or a customer of mirjangka. Also, your usage of "shill" again later in the thread signals that you use the word pretty lightly.

Dude. You've just defined "shill" right there. You are enticing others.

I use the word "shill" when it's appropriate. You've just admitted yourself as a shill for participating in the campaign.

Sorry that I need to spell this out for you.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1468

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 09:45:43 PM

Ok, this has been brought again. I guess that by disagreeing with that line of thought, a compelling case can be made that I'm facilitating clueless people to be allegedly scammed out of their money. I can perfectly sleep in a parallel universe where theymos, at his sole discretion, removes my entry from DT. I can, and will, perfectly sleep in this universe in which I've received at least a negative feedback (last I checked). I can perfectly sleep in, probably, this universe where several members have added "~dserrano5" to their personal trust lists—that's their call after all. But it would take me some additional minutes to sleep thinking that I could have been the stepping stone upon which someone could have made a wrong decision. They're probably going to make a bad decision anyway based on the perceived trustworthiness of someone else, and they will appropriately learn the lesson, but at least I wouldn't be involved in the negative aspect of that.

In clear blunt words: suckers gonna suck. It's one more of those sad realities of this world. Thanks cryptodevil, erpbridge and others earlier in the thread for making me realise that.

My following immediate steps, provided that my internet connection doesn't fail precisely now Smiley, will be to restore my previous avatar and to publicly contact mirjangka to give him back his payment.

Last but not least, I want to add that I haven't been contacted by the admins regarding this.

I'm really glad to read this! You're making the right decision. I'm sure at least one person won't be scammed because of this.

Xialla (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 10:02:26 PM

will be to restore my previous avatar and to publicly contact mirjangka to give him back his payment.

wow, thank you. I can't even express now how positively surprised I'm..nice dreams Kiss
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: