Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:20:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-06-18]DMT - One in Three Australians Knows About Bitcoin,  (Read 511 times)
jdebunt (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 10:40:37 AM

http://digitalmoneytimes.com/featured/one-in-three-australians-knows-about-bitcoin-mobile-payments-on-the-rise/

Gauging everyday people’s interest about Bitcoin and digital currency is not as easy as it may sound. Not just because most people on the street have absolutely no idea as to what Bitcoin is or does, but also because it’s hard to put those results into demographics and statistics. Australia-based Fair Go Finance recently conducted a Bitcoin survey during “The Future of Money”, and these are their findings.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 12:44:21 PM

http://digitalmoneytimes.com/featured/one-in-three-australians-knows-about-bitcoin-mobile-payments-on-the-rise/

Gauging everyday people’s interest about Bitcoin and digital currency is not as easy as it may sound. Not just because most people on the street have absolutely no idea as to what Bitcoin is or does, but also because it’s hard to put those results into demographics and statistics. Australia-based Fair Go Finance recently conducted a Bitcoin survey during “The Future of Money”, and these are their findings.
Thats pretty cool, Australians are warming up to the idea of bitcoin is something nice to hear, one step at a time to a globally adopted bitcoin Cheesy

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:49:51 PM

That might seem to be a good news for Bitcoin. But I really doubt what they mean by "knows about Bitcoin". From the article, it seems that they actually meant "One third of the Australians have heard about Bitcoins". I suspect that the proportion, which actually knows about the Bitcoin technology and its merits might be far lower.
Gabriel.S

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:52:11 PM

In 10 years this kind of information wont be needed. Everyone everywhere will know what bitcoin is.
We'll look back on these threads one day laughing at how naïve we were.
jdebunt (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 03:50:49 PM

That might seem to be a good news for Bitcoin. But I really doubt what they mean by "knows about Bitcoin". From the article, it seems that they actually meant "One third of the Australians have heard about Bitcoins". I suspect that the proportion, which actually knows about the Bitcoin technology and its merits might be far lower.

Your guess is as good as mine, as the information we received does not go into too much details. It doesn't mean one in three Aussie's USE Bitcoin unfortunately Smiley
Pro_Crypto_Marty

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

Bitcoin promoter. Pro Crypto tee wearer. Nice guy.

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 04:03:45 PM

Even if that 1 Australian out of 3 either doesn't use BTC or isn't yet aware of the game changing aspects, at least the seed is planted.

I knew about Bitcoin for a long time before I really got into it. But I still had to go through the phase of (1) hearing about it but not understanding it, then (2) a long period of telling myself I should find out more but not really caring, and finally (3) taking the time and getting to the AHA! moment.

We are Pro Crypto. We make clothes that promote Bitcoin. Visit us at http://procrypto.net!
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. You can also become an affiliate and make some money by advertising for us!
jdebunt (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 06:47:50 PM

Even if that 1 Australian out of 3 either doesn't use BTC or isn't yet aware of the game changing aspects, at least the seed is planted.

I knew about Bitcoin for a long time before I really got into it. But I still had to go through the phase of (1) hearing about it but not understanding it, then (2) a long period of telling myself I should find out more but not really caring, and finally (3) taking the time and getting to the AHA! moment.

Yep, it takes a long time to get people to the AHA moment unfortunately. Slowly but surely, the plan comes together Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: